Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,433 members, 7,808,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram (21453 Views)

Obasanjo: Buhari Was A Reckless Spender / Obasanjo: Buhari Plans To Rig The 2019 Elections (FULL STATEMENT) / Obasanjo: "Buhari Planning To Frame Me Up & To Seize My International Passport" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by Islie: 7:24pm On Jan 20, 2019
By Fikayo Olowolagba

Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo has said that Boko Haram terrorism has not been defeated.

Obasanjo, in a lengthy statement made available to DAILY POST by his media team on Sunday, disclosed that Boko Haram is being empowered by the federal government.

He noted that Boko Haram of today has become stronger hence the increase of security threats in Nigeria.

The statement reads in part: “let me assert that the security situation has deteriorated with kidnapping everywhere and Boko Haram more in action and nobody should deceive Nigerians about this. With the teaming up of Boko Haram and Islamic State’s West Africa Province (ISWAP).

“Boko Haram is stronger today militarily than they have ever been. Boko Haram has also been empowered by the Nigerian government through payment of ransom of millions of dollars which each administration disingenuously always denies. With ISIS being liquidated in Iraq and Syria, Africa is now their port of concentration.

Soon, they may take over Libya which, with substantial resources, is almost a totally failed state. When that happens, all African countries North of Congo River will be unsafe with serious security problems. The struggle must be for all West African, Central African, North African and most East African States. Nigeria has to play a vanguard role in this struggle as we have much to lose. This administration has reached the end of its wit even in handling all security issues, but particularly Boko Haram issue, partly due to misuse of security apparatus and poor equipment, deployment, coordination and cooperation.

“Finally, those Nigerians that are being intimidated or threatened by this Administration must trust in God and stand firm. Tough times do not last forever, but tough people invariably survive tough times. This is a tough time for almost all Nigerians in different respects, but the people’s will shall triumph. All people who have registered to vote with their PVCs must never allow anybody or anything to deny or deprive them of the right of performing their fundamental civic duty of voting and sustaining democracy.

“Establishment of democracy and its sustenance is second to attainment of independence in our political life, leaving out the victory of the civil war. We shall overcome.

http://dailypost.ng/2019/01/20/buhari-deceiving-nigerians-govt-empowering-boko-haram-obasanjo/

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by ken6488(m): 7:32pm On Jan 20, 2019
niaja matta don tire person

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by Randy100: 7:35pm On Jan 20, 2019
A vote for Buhari is a vote for continual degradation and abysmal failure.

233 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by SaiAtikuTill203: 7:38pm On Jan 20, 2019
If you don't like it then you must visit the lagoon and do the needful as you won't even be the first to create history in that lake of River.Atiku As President, Sowore As EFCC Chairman, Moghalu As CBN Governor

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by v4victor: 7:46pm On Jan 20, 2019
Of course, OBJ is right. By paying ransom and releasing their top members, the govt has in no small measure, strengthen the Boko Haram sect

Btw, I have a used HP 250 laptop for sale. 500GB hard disk with a long lasting battery at an affordable price. Interested buyers within and around Port Harcourt should holla me on 08101572063

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by newbornmacho(m): 7:51pm On Jan 20, 2019
Buhari now having very severe body odour, useless tyrant. Whether you like it or not you must leave, Nigeria is bigger than you

50 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by Shawnnn01: 7:58pm On Jan 20, 2019
Owu clown
Abeg I no ready to laugh tonite
For more jokes text Ebora to Clown

11 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by Racoon(m): 8:00pm On Jan 20, 2019
"The pertinent questions Nigerians are asking are: how come Boko Haram still had the kind of audacity displayed in that attack on Nigerian soldiers when the presidency and the military top brass had earlier told us that the terrorist organisation had been “technically defeated”?

"When Buhari appointed a majority of the service chiefs from a particular region and religion, he and his supporters defended it and claimed that even if all his appointees come from one region and religion in a multicultural, multi-religious and multiethnic nation like Nigeria, it means nothing as long as they are competent.Today, nothing exposes the shallowness and puerility of such appointments."

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by Racoon(m): 8:05pm On Jan 20, 2019
"......He lamented that under President Buhari, Nigeria’s economy is characterised by significant loss of output, massive youth unemployment, a rising level of poverty, instability and irregular migration of skilled and unskilled labour, a situation he described as a national embarrassment and a disgrace to a country that is endowed with abundant resources.

[color=#990000]He said another four years of Buhari administration would be catastrophic with the current government’s unprecedented incompetence and enthronement of mediocrity in dealing with the horrendous spate of killings and general insecurity across the country.

He warned that no Northern politician, including the president who is seeking re-election, should expect to be voted in the 2019 general election unless they demonstrate a willingness to champion a massive assault on poverty and underdevelopment in the North.

“All political office holders from the North are, hereby, served notice that they have failed the test to lead the region towards economic recovery and growth”, he added.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/09/2019-north-will-not-vote-on-sentiment-says-elders-forum/

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by Yankee101: 11:09pm On Jan 20, 2019
They asked Buhari to represent them in Saudi Arabia in negotiations with the Goodluck government

Go figure

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/boko-haram-names-buhari-5-others-as-mediators/

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by Emu4life(m): 11:10pm On Jan 20, 2019
I no too trust Buhari, but Obasanjo is a CROOK.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by Movic1(m): 11:10pm On Jan 20, 2019
Obasanjo should shut up and watch abeg.

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by bibiking7(m): 11:10pm On Jan 20, 2019
ok
Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by deboysben(m): 11:11pm On Jan 20, 2019
Poison manna BBQ dead meat seller and his fellow zombified urchins has gone into oblivion

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 20, 2019
buhari is a direct boko haram

sponsor

he should be locked away for life after his tenure

baztard

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 20, 2019
angry

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by BafanaBafana: 11:12pm On Jan 20, 2019
The crowd at Buhari's rallies have sent these guys into panic mode.
Sai baba

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by fastseo: 11:12pm On Jan 20, 2019
grin
Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by fasho01(m): 11:12pm On Jan 20, 2019
Someone who is paying huge ransom to the terrorists and reintegrating into the army, what other way would the lifeless one have empowered them if not by such means?

15 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by Whobedatte(m): 11:12pm On Jan 20, 2019
Chain
Buhari don turn to leper wey everyone dey avoid
Daura , done and dusted
PMB.. NEVER AGAIN

11 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by bluefilm: 11:13pm On Jan 20, 2019
Obasanjo is beginning to sound so much like a jilted girlfriend.

Someone should please help me remind him that Sai Baba 2023 issa goaaaal already.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by deboysben(m): 11:13pm On Jan 20, 2019
Baba we all know that

It only blind supporters that will say otherwise

Even their slave masters can attests to that

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by Whobedatte(m): 11:13pm On Jan 20, 2019
BafanaBafana:
Sai baba
Suya seller , I see you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 20, 2019
BafanaBafana:
Sai baba
.. Gbamm grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by saintbillion(m): 11:14pm On Jan 20, 2019
SaiAtikuTill203:
If you don't like it then you must visit the lagoon and do the needful as you won't even be the first to create history in that lake of River.Atiku As President, Sowore As EFCC Chairman, Moghalu As CBN Governor
you are one of problems we have in Nigeria voting someone that was absent in a Presidential debate? Someone who couldn't represent u dear I weep for u

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by Upsidedown9ja(m): 11:14pm On Jan 20, 2019
We all know that buhari is the founder of Boko haram and herdsmen. Quote me and die by fire

11 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by Oluwaseyi456(m): 11:14pm On Jan 20, 2019
Nigerians b wise

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by israelmao(m): 11:16pm On Jan 20, 2019
Obasanjo is known for releasing timely bombshells and missiles ,he has been quiet for sometime now and just deemed it fit to do this before the presidential election in February, he did same to Jonathan until he saw his end, Buhari cannot be an exemption.Obasanjo is the spearhead of kingmaking generals.If anybody thinks Buhari will win this election that person must be living in a dreamland.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by DonHummer(m): 11:17pm On Jan 20, 2019
I seriously need to meet the person behind Obasanjo's write ups. His writing skill is top notch.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by DLifeless1: 11:19pm On Jan 20, 2019
Already most northerners are brainwashed..
Now read this:
WHO IS A BETTER AMBASSADOR OF ISLAM, BUHARI OR ATIKU? - osagie lucky John

It has come to my notice that some Muslims seek to vote Buhari simply because they have been erroneously made to believe that Buhari is a better Muslim than Atiku.
Am compelled to write today so to correct such perceived wrong notion leading many Muslims astray as 2019 elections is fast approaching.
It is quite unfortunate that some supposed educated Muslim youths have been brainwashed into believing that they should vote only people of their religion not minding the good of the nation and worse still many more are wrongly encouraged to vote for a dangerous extremist over a responsible moderate Muslim.
Haven investigated and properly researched, I will like to make some of my findings known to the public.
I'd like to examine this topic from different perspectives so as to have proper knowledge of the two contestant in relation to the spread and love for their religion and their people.

1. The very first consideration we make today is that Atiku Abubukar has built over 100 mosques to enhance the Islamic faith but Buhari has not built even a single mosque despite all the public positions he has held in his life, Buhari declared about 30million naira in his bank account as at 2015, yet he can't point a single small mosque he has built in any part of Nigeria even with his wealth. One will expect that a true lover of Islam will be reflected in his or her generosity to the building of worship places for his faith. On this issue Atiku Abubukar is a far better ambassador of Islam.

2. It's also on record that while Atiku Abubukar has built more schools in the north for the education of the teeming northern youths but Buhari contributions to the growth of education in the north both in public and private capacity is abysmal . If you are a better Muslim you will derive joy in the proper education of Muslim youths so as to help these people create a better and more prosperous future for themselves. Except they are telling me that in Islam western education is a sin just like Boko Haram is wrongly preaching. Buhari was able to train his own kids in a foreign university but back here in Nigeria he can't show anyone a single block of classroom with his name and personal resources attached not even in Daura his hometown. On this point Atiku is also better ambassador of islam as some poor youths are currently on scholarship in his American university of Nigeria (AUN) located in Adamawa state.

3. It's also on record that on daily basis Atiku Abubukar feeds thousands of Internally displaced person's in the northeastern part of Nigeria even as a private individual and there is no record of Buhari contributing anything especially as private individual to alleviate the plight of many IDps in the north. This for me show that Atiku is a better and more caring man with great human sympathy than Buhari can ever be.

4. It is also on record that Atiku Abubukar has contributed immensely to the building of schools for Islamic activities, he has sponsored Islamic symposiums as a good Muslims should do, but the best contributions of Buhari are statements which bring about hatred and fuel mutual distrust between Muslims and other religions in Nigeria. Example in 2013 Buhari said "an attack on Boko Haram is an attack on the north". What a shameful statement from a supposed elder statesman at that time, little wonder Boko Haram has killed more Nigeria soldiers under him than ever before.

5. Creation of jobs for the youth. It's on record that Atiku as a successful business man has employed thousands of Muslim youths and kept them out of poverty. it's true that an idle mind is the devil workshop, so any man who can gainfully employ thousands of Muslim youths is far better than a man who pretends to love the religion more but hardly spends his personal resources to develop his people's lives.

6. On the relationship with non Muslim. Though both have performed all pillars of Islam but Atiku and Buhari in relation to people of other religions is quite contrasting and miles apart from each other. One will notice that Atiku have better relationship with none Muslims than Buhari, that's why Atiku is more successful and more trustworthy by most people to lead a diverse country like Nigeria than Buhari whose friends are mainly fellow tribesmen from same religion. Little wonder Buhari government is most nepotic and religiously biased in Nigeria history.

7. Respect for other religions in Nigeria. In 2001 Buhari Revealed his great disrespect for other religions and extremism when he made this statement "l will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria ". This statement or vow proved that he is not matured enough to lead a mixed society like Nigeria. This statement destroys the peace of a mixed society like ours. Haven analyzed these few points, you will notice that Buhari is a better extremist while Atiku is a better and more matured Muslim than Buhari can ever be. I will rather be a Christian who spreads his faith like Atiku Abubukar than Buhari does.

I will like to conclude with this, if someone like Buhari invites me to join him in a mosque for jumat service i will never attend even if am given a million dollars but if a Muslim like Atiku Abubukar invites me to join him for jumat service in a mosque, I will attend alongside my friends and family joyfully using my own money and giving financial donations as well.
I will like the Islamic world to note that Atiku Abubukar will bring more converts and admirers to Islam in a year than Buhari will ever bring in 100 years of peace.

Now an average Muslim is totally blind to these and it ain't their fault cos that is how they were bred to think, they don't have that capacity to be liberal in reasoning and objectivity in deciphering facts. They swallow all Hook line and sinker, without deliberating how true it is as far as it is garnished with Islam. I feel everything should be moderate even religion, moderation doesn't make you an unbeliver but it helps you use the brain God gave to you.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by michoim(m): 11:19pm On Jan 20, 2019
But your government (OBJ) started Boko Haram...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Buhari Deceiving Nigerians, His Government Empowering Boko Haram by Geophilip: 11:19pm On Jan 20, 2019
baba is feeling for Nigerians but some ignoramus will not understand. show baba love by liking

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From The Swearing-in Of 43 Ministers By President Buhari / Jimoh Ibrahim Emerges Ondo PDP Candidate For Sheriff's Faction / Obaseki Dares ‘Abuja Politicians’ To Take Over Edo Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.