Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,733 members, 7,806,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner (13758 Views)

Narrate Your Worst Kissing Experience / 5 Things About Your Past You Should Never Tell Your Boyfriend/girlfriend / "Fear Women": Nigerian Men Narrate Their Experiences. See Screenshots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by ashawopikin(m): 7:26am On Jan 21, 2019
obembet:
Good evening guys, please I have a question that has been bordering my mind for some months now since I met my spouse. All though I don't really have a bad past but I don't want my guy to see me as bad girl even through he has his own. So I want your advice if Is it right to narrate my past to my partner?

if u don't "really have a bad past" wetin u wan narrate

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by crystalgold123(f): 7:27am On Jan 21, 2019
I think if he asks u, pls feel free to gv him d answer

Mi too ask ooohhh

And he explain everything to mi

The girl in d picture later showed up and coz commotion but we fyt am together back.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by uuzba(m): 7:28am On Jan 21, 2019
ahamadegr8:
If you have better things to work on I don't think telling him ur past is okay... What will it change, why bringing it up now? Why didn't u tell him during ur courtship.
Do u remembered when he asked u to tell him about itself.... Yeah that would have been de right time to do that.
.....let de past rest joooooooo, no trouble DAT innocent soul grin grin grin grin
Well, I agree with 1/2. Courtship is the time to tlak about everything and you both knowingly bury your mistakes.
But this lady sounds like she pretended all was over. Now, married, her mind is disturbing her. She will forver look over her shoulders. She better lie down one the ground now, open her mouth and confess anything she's hiding. Because the courtship no complete O.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by LINTUNE(m): 7:30am On Jan 21, 2019
If u are here to read comments, let's gather here

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by uuzba(m): 7:30am On Jan 21, 2019
ashawopikin:
if u don't "really have a bad past" wetin u wan narrate
She has a bad past and conscience is worrying her. That's why she's asking us.
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by Kobicove(m): 7:32am On Jan 21, 2019
It depends on what your story is...

If it's something with serious health or financial implications and that will eventually 'come' out then it's better to let your partner hear it from you than from a third party undecided
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by doshe39(m): 7:32am On Jan 21, 2019
Tell me your past that you have slept with uncountable men and did abortion.I no go even wait wear my shoe

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:32am On Jan 21, 2019
uuzba:

People who couldn't keep their "dis tin" inside their pant...always avoid talking about their past.
Even those who couldn't keep their "dis tin" inside their pants can still lie about their past..... Let the past be the past... smileysmiley
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by uuzba(m): 7:34am On Jan 21, 2019
LONGPREEK:
not all partners o. personally i dont give a Bleep about a girl's past. my present fiancee was a real freak. i twisted her little brain till she told me every thing she did, she told me how she was gangbanged several times. she told me how she was bleeped in cars, toilets and some public places, she told me what exactly she did, like sucking, anal etc. yes i am still gonna marry her even after knowing all that. just imagin if you get to tell that to some guys, the relationship don end be that na. no one should quote me please
Hope your kids will not get to learn that their mother is a basket.
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by uuzba(m): 7:38am On Jan 21, 2019
doshe39:
Tell me your past that you have slept with uncountable men and did abortion.I no go even wait wear my shoe
It's a pity that people go about doing one bad thing and bragging about it. Now, when they marry, their conscience will be worrying them like OP.
Just follow God and don't do that thing until you marry. Keep yourself pure for your marriage. There will be nothing to fear or be ashamed of.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by BigDick70inch(m): 7:40am On Jan 21, 2019
obembet:
Good evening guys, please I have a question that has been bordering my mind for some months now since I met my spouse. All though I don't really have a bad past but I don't want my guy to see me as bad girl even through he has his own. So I want your advice if Is it right to narrate my past to my partner?

glad u didnt have an ugly past..
guys connect more that girls dis day..
what if someday the boyfriend as a guy who knows the dirty past of the so called girl as a friend..
then she will end up regretting everything cos talks will get there between the guys..
Always tell your boyfriend bout your past but with some editing not words for words Oo..

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by bendike: 7:43am On Jan 21, 2019
obembet:

Hmmm. Its as if your village people are after you. Trouble is sleeping but you wish to wake it up in your relationship.
You better zip your mouth, or better still use needle and thread to sew it.
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by Fitz22(f): 7:45am On Jan 21, 2019
Yes, its ok to do so but let your past be your past. Dont act it in your present that's one mistake most people make. They say i used to be a play boy na lie oo because you see them still doing it in their present. If you are that type please keep your past to yourself.
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by Baselm: 7:50am On Jan 21, 2019
if you are dating someone like me, I will prefer we know everything about each other, the past sometimes haunts, but if we both know our pasts we can help each other through. Knowing your spouses past might also help u know some of their weaknesses and also the reason for some of their actions and how u can help manager them.

HONESTY is important.
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by Unconquerable: 7:51am On Jan 21, 2019
People differ and some folks are jealous of the past relationships of their spouse. Look at the society today, all over the world: when a man has sex with lots of girls he is termed a real player. But if a lady does the same she is called a LovePeddler. The lesser you say the better: Sometines happiness comes from knowing less.
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by Nature8(m): 7:53am On Jan 21, 2019
sacramento1212:

And what if she's telling you lies about the past? Do you have a lie detector to analyze her stories?

*smiles* cheesy

When a woman lies, I'll know
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by sacramento1212: 7:56am On Jan 21, 2019
Nature8:

*smiles* cheesy

When a woman lies, I'll know

My brother, there are chronic liars and they are professional in the act. Infact, they will turn the matter against you and end up apologising for their lies. I am saying this from experience ooo.
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by Nature8(m): 8:01am On Jan 21, 2019
sacramento1212:

My brother, there are chronic liars and they are professional in the act. Infact, they will turn the matter against you and end up apologising for their lies. I am saying this from experience ooo.

Lol... That one dey bro cheesy
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by Ifeanyimike123: 8:21am On Jan 21, 2019
If you two are getting to know each then there's nothing wrong with it better he knows everything now than find something out later
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 8:24am On Jan 21, 2019
duality:
People should learn to live a life that they will not be ashamed of in the future.

This stereotype of ' everyone has a bad past' is an unfortunate assumption that is aimed at justifying some of our weaknesses and make most people go deep into avoidable errors.

Determine you will live a pure life and you will not have dirty heavy baggage in life.
This is gold, some people just go about assuming that everybody has a wrecked life with enough baggage to fill an airport, some of us have lived very simple and plain lives
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by Tonysmith4sure(m): 8:24am On Jan 21, 2019
If you know whatever it is you are doing with ur partner aint serious, hanti, keep ur past to urself but if its obvious dt its leading to somewhere serious, u better unburden urself coz one day in the near future, ur past will come to hunt you.
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by Moukandjo: 8:33am On Jan 21, 2019
Men should marry only virgins so they don't have to bother about the past! If a lady who's been around town tells you the deep deep secrets of her past, no matter how you go initially form "it doesn't matter," as a man, you go hardly fit handle am!
So once again, men, marry only virgins & be sure to a very large extent of your girls decent past!
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by pwetie: 8:38am On Jan 21, 2019
From the comments its seems mostly ladies are culprits to this, mostly pointing to them. Open mindedness can breed trust in a relationship. My own is, don't pretend to be saint while in the actual sense u r not. If I like u I like u not for the past. But for d present nd future. No sane man will leave a lady with heart of gold for mileage issues. Provided it hasn't been stretched beyond recovery thus affecting s*x or pregnancy. God hlp d female folks tho.
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by pwetie: 8:44am On Jan 21, 2019
Moukandjo:
Men should marry only virgins so they don't have to bother about the past! If a lady who's been around town tells you the deep deep secrets of her past, no matter how you go initially form "it doesn't matter," as a man, you go hardly fit handle am!
So once again, men, marry only virgins & be sure to a very large extent of your girls decent past!

If all virgin nd non virgin men go for virgin females who will then marry the rest who aren't? I think the ultimate rule should be provided u ain't a virgin too ursef, then u stand no moral prerogative to hunt for one.
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 21, 2019
Don't do it, not everyone is matured enough to handle some information, keep some things to yourself.. they might end up using it against you in the future. Be wise!
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by olowobaba10: 8:47am On Jan 21, 2019
YOUR THOUGHTS THOUGH BUT WHAT IF HE FINDS OUT FROM OTHER SOURCES?
ClassiqKufor:
That's what kills most relationships. You live in the the present now, Forget it all and live for the future not the past
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by suaveBrother(m): 8:57am On Jan 21, 2019
...nope. if may bring insecurity to the relationship... old things are passed away
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by stubbornman(m): 8:58am On Jan 21, 2019
I'll never try that nonsense again.... most people dont know how to handle the story of someone's past... they keep it in their heart as if they there.
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by rossyc(f): 9:02am On Jan 21, 2019
obembet:

It depends on what the past is. Some secrets should never be kept while some should just be allowed to die a natural death..You alone knows what the past is, so it's your decision.
Re: Is It Right To Narrate Your Past To Your Partner by SmellingAnus(m): 9:07am On Jan 21, 2019
Fxwarrior:

Even you, if your wife told you she was once a slut. How do you handle it maturely, cos when she is held up on traffic or chatting with a man. Wont your head be suggesting things.

Everyone thinks he is matured until such delicate issues arise.
As long as she hasn't given me reasons to think otherwise, there is no big deal... Even a woman that was deflowered by her husband has claimed to love me .. There is high level of adultery even amongst married women... Anybody can cheat but not all may end up cheating... No wonder even the Bible says my people suffer/perish for lack of knowledge.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Come In: Guys Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / MEET The Tiktok Star Who Went Viral Because Of Her Gorgeous Shape (photos) / Hausa Man Says Hausa Women Are Terrible In Bed. Twitter React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.