Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Victory By Wide Margins No Longer Possible, Says INEC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Victory By Wide Margins No Longer Possible, Says INEC (13151 Views)

Multiple Voting, Rigging No Longer Possible - INEC / Edo Governorship Election: Shaibu Wins His Polling Unit By Wide Margin / Rigging No Longer Possible In Nigeria – INEC Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victory By Wide Margins No Longer Possible, Says INEC by Olawalesmarter(m): 5:18am On Jan 21, 2019
In this Country We detained Activist, Kill people who engaged in peaceful protest, Jail those who speak against the government and prosecutes only opposition party
Meanwhile We grant Amnesty to Terrorist, Herdsmen, Bandits and Nation Destroyer

1 Like

Re: Victory By Wide Margins No Longer Possible, Says INEC by frankwyte: 5:21am On Jan 21, 2019
akinbode1:

Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof. Mahmoud Yakubu, says technology has been able to prevent rigging such that no political party can win an election by a wide margin as was the case in the past.

Yakubu said this on the ‘Osasu Show’ which was posted on the show’s YouTube channel.

He said the Permanent Voter Cards and the smart card readers had been able to tackle rigging, hence the reason for the tightly contested elections in some off-season elections like the Ekiti and Osun governorship polls last year.

The INEC boss said, “Between 2015 and November 2018, we conducted elections into 195 constituencies, the largest number of off-season elections.

“The turnout varied from a little over 50 per cent in Katsina to as low as 2.9 per cent in Ifako/Ijaye in Lagos and 3.4 per cent in Eti Osa state constituency in Lagos.

“I think the thing to say about turnout is that because elections in Nigeria have progressively and incrementally improved, there is no possibility now that you will have the kind of margins that we used to experience in our elections before the introduction of technology — basically the PVC and the smart card reader.

“The elections in terms of outcome and turnout of votes are becoming more international. You can see the outcomes of the elections are becoming more and more competitive and closer to the kind of results we see even in advanced democracies.” Yakubu said the Commission was ready for the elections, which begin in less than four weeks’ time.

https://punchng.com/victory-by-wide-margins-no-longer-possible-says-inec/amp/

This is not the time to be giving credence to INEC. Address the flaws and Amina Zachari's issues nobody is happy with your performances in INEC Mr chairman!
Re: Victory By Wide Margins No Longer Possible, Says INEC by InvertedHammer: 5:22am On Jan 21, 2019
/

Can he preempt the result?

/
Re: Victory By Wide Margins No Longer Possible, Says INEC by lifelesspmb: 5:24am On Jan 21, 2019
tsephanyah:
OBASANJO IS THE MOST CORRUPT. Under his govt, he FRAUDULENTLY and CORRUPTLY raised BILLIONS OF NAIRA for his presidential library project, for which late Gani Fawehinmi took him to court
Buhari has no money but his son who never worked all through his life was able to acquire luxury power bikes worth hundreds of millions of naira. How about that?

1 Like

Re: Victory By Wide Margins No Longer Possible, Says INEC by ehissi(m): 5:26am On Jan 21, 2019
IamJames:

You have sense. Don't mind those APC bots.

Be like say una no say na BMC thread be this, they are trying to use topics across social media - including Nairaland - to counter Obasanjo's letter.

No superior or reasonable argument can cut it. Especially when 2019 budget for lagos is still a mystery and January alert for BMC personnel is now a prayer point.....
Re: Victory By Wide Margins No Longer Possible, Says INEC by tsephanyah(f): 5:27am On Jan 21, 2019
lifelesspmb:

Buhari has no money but his son who never worked all through his life was able to acquire luxury power bikes worth hundreds of millions of naira. How about that?
his mother is kinda rich, and some lobbyist do gifts
Re: Victory By Wide Margins No Longer Possible, Says INEC by lifelesspmb: 5:39am On Jan 21, 2019
tsephanyah:
his mother is kinda rich, and some lobbyist do gifts
...just listen to yourself! So empty!!

Re: Victory By Wide Margins No Longer Possible, Says INEC by lilangelapc: 5:39am On Jan 21, 2019
[sharap quote author=StillX10 post=74957601]this inec chairman has a hand in the plan to rig elections [/quote]
Re: Victory By Wide Margins No Longer Possible, Says INEC by Bishop4real: 5:40am On Jan 21, 2019
frankman365:

Buhari has no money but his wife was scammed of billion naira or thereabout. How comes?

Surely you don't know what she does for a living.
Re: Victory By Wide Margins No Longer Possible, Says INEC by tsephanyah(f): 5:43am On Jan 21, 2019
lifelesspmb:

...just listen to yourself! So empty!!
still better than people who are criminal genetically, whose their ancestors known to be corop

1 Like

Re: Victory By Wide Margins No Longer Possible, Says INEC by buharitill2023: 5:46am On Jan 21, 2019
SalamRushdie:

Obasanjo despite his shortcoming was 200 million time better than Buhari? even Abacha was 50 million times better than Buhari
and buhari is 1tr time better than thief atiku.
Re: Victory By Wide Margins No Longer Possible, Says INEC by texazzpete(m): 5:48am On Jan 21, 2019
slivertongue:
So he knows the result before contest?

sha GMB will lose with a wide margin

That’s not what he means. For example, he’s saying that in 2015, voter turnout in Seti-Osa LGA in Lagos (Lekki environs) was only 3.4%. In the past when there wasn’t any tech in place like cars readers, riggers would manufacture votes to push it up to 60% turnout. Repeat this all over the state and you’ll see the dominant rigger winning by a landslide.

Results are closer these days.
Of course this depends on the state, though. For example, you expect PDP to win the South East with a wide margin.

1 Like

Re: Victory By Wide Margins No Longer Possible, Says INEC by lifelesspmb: 5:50am On Jan 21, 2019
tsephanyah:
still better than people who are criminal genetically, whose their ancestors known to be corop
I am not surprised. We know your type.

Re: Victory By Wide Margins No Longer Possible, Says INEC by ngadaAwo: 5:54am On Jan 21, 2019
[s]
tsephanyah:
[/s]
more trash
Re: Victory By Wide Margins No Longer Possible, Says INEC by contigiency(m): 5:58am On Jan 21, 2019
frankman365:

Buhari has no money but his wife was scammed of billion naira or thereabout. How comes?

How stupid some of you talk baffles me. she scammed and reported the scammer to the police. You didn't read where she sacked and reported the thief to the police.
Re: Victory By Wide Margins No Longer Possible, Says INEC by tegrianonigltd(m): 6:27am On Jan 21, 2019
Shawnnn01:
Foolish Biafrans always talking trash, his wife name was used to scam others you slowpoke.

His son bought two bikes, just a tips of the money lol. They are living large you supporting.
Re: Victory By Wide Margins No Longer Possible, Says INEC by Amedeo: 6:33am On Jan 21, 2019
SalamRushdie:

Obasanjo despite his shortcoming was 200 million time better than Buhari? even Abacha was 50 million times better than Buhari
All these indomie generation shaa
Re: Victory By Wide Margins No Longer Possible, Says INEC by Amedeo: 6:35am On Jan 21, 2019
Frankyboy1:

why you are all here,debating,insulting yourselves, doing likes and shares, online polls, and all that, you do not make up to 3% of the actual voters, you are only the few enlightened ones who genuinely care about the well being of your nation, but from my study,I am sorry to inform you that the largest chunk of the voters are out there,jobless,uneducated, unenlightened, no access to information, they re not aware buhari slumped or suffers dementia, they do not even understand they do not care, they can't read or comprehend, then d agberos, d street urchins, election period is their season, of cheap money,oppression,a form of relevance, so the politicians who have the cash and means buys them over, this re the people that determines who wins in my country, a tragic irony!I voted buhari in 2015,but all information and indications available to me, I won't vote him again, neither am I a fan of atiku either, though presently atiku is a better fit than buhari,but I can never trust d PDP and their precedents, so I vote a sowore or ezekwesili, even if they don't win, my conscience is satisfied
good for you
Re: Victory By Wide Margins No Longer Possible, Says INEC by mikolo4us: 6:38am On Jan 21, 2019
Guy when will you have sense? Do you have any education at all or you are just one of those media propagandist?
Shawnnn01:
Foolish Biafrans always talking trash, his wife name was used to scam others you slowpoke.
Re: Victory By Wide Margins No Longer Possible, Says INEC by netpro(m): 6:44am On Jan 21, 2019
Atiku/PDP. SE, SS votes. Me just dey laugh.

Buhari's reelection, is on course.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Victory By Wide Margins No Longer Possible, Says INEC by Yankee101: 6:56am On Jan 21, 2019
Mind conditioning for results to be doctored

People are paid to go see Buhari, jos wanted to lynch him

Stop lying to Nigerians

He killed Igbos in ipob mop ups, finished middle belt folks with fulani. You can't win Igbo and middle belt (kogi governor is the worst ever, Benue dem born you? Taraba, who is your father?)

Southern Kaduna hates you and Elrufai
Atiku ALWAYS wins his state
Gombe has ALWAYS been PDP forever
Kwankwaso is not on your side this time, PDP candy is his inlaw
Atiku is Hausa fulani like you and divides your religious votes
Southwest has ALWAYS been independent, you won only narrowly when they thought you were Mr Integrity.

If you can't win one full region, how do you expect to become President without rigging?

People were angry at Goodluck but removed him, the anger towards him was not even half of what Buhari is facing right now
Re: Victory By Wide Margins No Longer Possible, Says INEC by frankman365(m): 6:56am On Jan 21, 2019
contigiency:

How stupid some of you talk baffles me. she scammed and reported the scammer to the police. You didn't read where she sacked and reported the thief to the police.
Defenders of the lifeless good morning to you all. I hope say na your money his lifeless son use buy power bike. Just make sure you have your PVC cos me I have mine. And am ready to rumble.

Mr integrity that once said Abacha stole no money!
Re: Victory By Wide Margins No Longer Possible, Says INEC by Redhot111(m): 7:09am On Jan 21, 2019
tsephanyah:
OBASANJO IS THE MOST CORRUPT. Under his govt, he FRAUDULENTLY and CORRUPTLY raised BILLIONS OF NAIRA for his presidential library project, for which late Gani Fawehinmi took him to court

Are you saying Buhari is also corrupt bt jst that OBJ is more corrupt? Is that ur point?
Re: Victory By Wide Margins No Longer Possible, Says INEC by Askme8: 7:10am On Jan 21, 2019
Frankyboy1:

why you are all here,debating,insulting yourselves, doing likes and shares, online polls, and all that, you do not make up to 3% of the actual voters, you are only the few enlightened ones who genuinely care about the well being of your nation, but from my study,I am sorry to inform you that the largest chunk of the voters are out there,jobless,uneducated, unenlightened, no access to information, they re not aware buhari slumped or suffers dementia, they do not even understand they do not care, they can't read or comprehend, then d agberos, d street urchins, election period is their season, of cheap money,oppression,a form of relevance, so the politicians who have the cash and means buys them over, this re the people that determines who wins in my country, a tragic irony!I voted buhari in 2015,but all information and indications available to me, I won't vote him again, neither am I a fan of atiku either, though presently atiku is a better fit than buhari,but I can never trust d PDP and their precedents, so I vote a sowore or ezekwesili, even if they don't win, my conscience is satisfied
but during Jonathan's time the real voters were online not in the street APC supporter's self

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy: Kwara Approves N10,000 For Students, Security Agents / Buhari To Rehabilitate 414 Grazing Reserve Centres Nationwide / Yuletide: Enugu Govt Offers Free Enugu-owerri Airport Shuttle For Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.