Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today (11572 Views)

FG, ASUU’s Feud Deepens, No Date For Resumption Of Negotiations / FG, ASUU Resume Talks Today Over IPPIS, Revitalisation Fund / FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today by adebuk47(m): 12:49am On Jan 21, 2019
The President of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, Prof Biodun Ogunyemi, says ASUU will suspend its 10-week-old strike if the Federal Government agrees to release N50bn to revitalise public universities and N20bn to pay lecturers their allowances in their meeting on Monday.

The union resumes its negotiation with the Federal Government, and Ogunyemi insists they body will not shift its ground unless the government makes a commitment to release the money.

However, he said ASUU had lost confidence in the government since it failed to honour previous agreements.

Ogunyemi, who spoke with reporters in Ibadan at the weekend, said ASUU had rejected government’s proposal of N20bn to be paid in two tranches to revitalise public universities.

He said the union had asked the government to include the earned academic allowances in the 2019 budget.

He said, “We want them to pay N50bn as a sign of commitment this quarter.

“Our members have rejected the 20bn proposed by them that will be spread over two quarters in 2019. Our members have insisted on the release of at least N50bn.

“On the earned academic allowances, with N105bn not yet paid, our members are saying that even if you (government) are releasing N20bn, let it be stated clearly that it is only for ASUU members, and the balance which you promised to pay by four instalments, attach timelines to the balance and figures.

“In 2017, this government promised to include the earned academic allowances in the budget so that we won’t be talking about arrears. If the government had included it in the 2018 budget, we would not be talking about arrears now. “Our members are saying the government should take steps to include it in the 2019 budget and that is not late because they are still working on the budget.”
https://punchng.com/fg-ASUU-resume-negotiations-today/amp/

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today by Dogshow(m): 1:00am On Jan 21, 2019
Wawu.
FTC
Re: FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today by Nobody: 2:52am On Jan 21, 2019
ASUU strike should not be used as a political instrument. Enough is enough!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:11am On Jan 21, 2019
Ok

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today by helinues: 5:12am On Jan 21, 2019
Both Fg and ASUU are not serious

This is looking like a political game with our educational sector

4 Likes

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today by Nobody: 5:13am On Jan 21, 2019
Let them stop playing kite with people's destiny

4 Likes

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today by Frankyboy1(m): 5:13am On Jan 21, 2019
Ok
Re: FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today by Ejlove4u(m): 5:14am On Jan 21, 2019
Help a brother pls... Am in need of project topic and it's soft copy on business administration.. Here is my mail: ejfredrick7@gmail.com thanks brothers

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today by Nobody: 5:15am On Jan 21, 2019
Thank you ASUU for showing us how daft and incompetent this lifeless cow is. The God that saved us from Abacha, please do your work again.

3 Likes

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today by Nobody: 5:16am On Jan 21, 2019
Buhari is a failure. ATIKU IS THE NEXT PRESIDENT

1 Like

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today by lilfreezy: 5:16am On Jan 21, 2019
They will call it off before the election to score cheap political points. The fedral government is very predictable undecided

2 Likes

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today by shaydeenamz(m): 5:17am On Jan 21, 2019
fg and ASUU have succeeded in ruining the life of Nigerian students why because their children don't go to public versities
Re: FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today by ofiko123(m): 5:17am On Jan 21, 2019
OK...
Re: FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today by donpata(m): 5:25am On Jan 21, 2019
Of all the trillions they claim have been generated all this while, they can't do ordinary 70bn. Buhari is too stubborn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today by Waju001(m): 5:27am On Jan 21, 2019
NO EPISODE WAS AIRED LAST WEEK.

TODAY SHOULD BE EPISODE 8 OR 9 OF THIS SERIES

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today by Elukapendragon(m): 5:29am On Jan 21, 2019
Are u seriously serious?

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today by castrokins(m): 5:30am On Jan 21, 2019
They'd Continue Talking. Before The End Of 2019 I Expect Them To Buy A Condom And Get A Room

1 Like

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today by Daslenan: 5:41am On Jan 21, 2019
Both FG & ASUU are using this whole issue to achieve their selfish ends at the detriment of the students.

1 Like

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today by MrSix: 5:58am On Jan 21, 2019
Errrrm
If they call of the strike, fine.
I just wanna do through NYSC and move on with life.

I sell Grade1 USA used Laptops
Free delivery within Lagos only and it's pay on delivery
Details in my signature.
Re: FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today by Pinkyhubb: 6:01am On Jan 21, 2019
Some times I keep on thinking of how we are going to survive in this Country, honestly speaking this present Government been the APC is becoming a big threat to this country, a lot of incompetency are in every corner of this government, non of them is exceptional of ineffectiveness towards their work which is very bad, but let's me ask Nigerians precisely those people chanting for reelection of this present government into power the second time, how do intend to move to the next level while this country is not even working in any aspect.
All the fundamental Rights and infrastructure of the Citizens has been deprived from them. Right to
Education and security safe guard isn't assured to the Citizens, this is totally wrong please I urge Nigerians to have a rethink about choosing our representatives this coming election, basically I am not a partisan, mean while I'm not supporting any particular party, but I am saying this act of the transparent Results and experience, Thank you

1 Like

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today by Emceesaka: 6:38am On Jan 21, 2019
This so called ASUU members are so stupid an self centered, so they are fighting for themselves alone. So if NASU & SSANU members had also join the strike, Who will be paying their Salary while seating at home? As from now on any lecturer that come to my office and do any rubbish thing or blow rubbish grammar on my desk I will insult him or her. ASUU members does not regards any union in the University environment be you NAAT, NASU or SSANU. Lecturer my foot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today by iambabaG: 6:39am On Jan 21, 2019
Awon oloriburuku oshi; using our future to secure round table meeting at Aso Rock.
My the life of their kids who aren’t suffering from the foolishness exhibited by both parties be TONIONIOWN
Re: FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today by otabuko(m): 6:45am On Jan 21, 2019
Ejlove4u:
Help a brother pls... Am in need of project topic and it's soft copy on business administration.. Here is my mail: ejfredrick7@gmail.com thanks brothers
shame on you. Graduate.
Re: FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today by Fash20: 6:54am On Jan 21, 2019
iambabaG:
Awon oloriburuku oshi; using our future to secure round table meeting at Aso Rock.
My the life of their kids who aren’t suffering from the foolishness exhibited by both parties be TONIONIOWN

E calm downnn.

O she aaro Monday
Re: FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today by Towersport(m): 6:59am On Jan 21, 2019

Re: FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today by ariemma: 7:33am On Jan 21, 2019
Why is no one talking abt ASUP?
Re: FG, ASUU Resume Negotiations Today by Tenn88: 7:33am On Jan 21, 2019
Fash20:

E calm downnn.
O she aaro Monday
grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Students Of Benue State University Protest Prolong Closure Of The School (photos / Medicine Or Pharmacy / New Salary Scale For Teachers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.