Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 (16455 Views)

Can I Obtain A Waec Certificate With Two Sittings / Nigerian Schools And Courses Accepting Two Sittings For Admissions / Does Olabisi Onabanjo University Take Two Sittings For Pharmacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 by AdmissionTipz(m): 1:59am On Jan 21, 2019
@ADMISSIONTIPZ

I know alot of aspirants are about to use two sittings for JAMB 2019 registration, I am not writing this blog post to discourage you. I just want to enlighten you on why you should not use two sittings result.
If you are first timer of writing JAMB exam, you might not know what i meant by "Two sittings result ", i will explain before going into why i think two sitting results are not advisable.

WHAT IS TWO SITTINGS RESULT

Two sitting result is like combining two results of different exams because you probably didn't have good grade in the subject you need. For example, Ade wrote WAEC in 2015 and he failed Mathematics which is a compulsory subject, then he will have to re-sit for another o'level exam (WAEC, NECO,GCE) , if he then fail English Language but pass Mathematics , then he will combine both of them together . As simple as that!!!
Now going into the reasons why two sittings is not advisable;

Read Also - How to register for JAMB 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/4950787/jamb-2019-how-register-jamb

UNABLE TO APPLY FOR COMPETITIVE COURSES

This is the plain truth, you won't be able to apply for competitive courses like medicine, law, engineering and so on. Apart from the number of candidates that usually choose the course, the school you choosed might also reject two sittings for such courses. For example, In UI, you can't apply for medicine with two sittings result, your admission will be terminated during the clearance immediately they know you are using two sittings result.

DIFFICULTY TO GAIN ADMISSION INTO TOP UNIVERSITIES IN NIGERIA

You know top universities like UNILAG, UI, OAU, it might be a little difficult to apply and finally gain admission into them because of the high number of candidates that usually choose them.

IT LIMITS YOUR OPTIONS

As you should know that a candidate with one sitting result can choose any school or course, such opportunity is not available for those with two sittings result. At this point , JAMB Brochures should be your best friend because it will show you the schools and courses you can apply for.

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO

You can kindly register for the ongoing WAEC registration and read hard to pass all required subjects.
But if you cant afford to register again, you can go on to apply because alot of candidates have been admitted despite using two sittings result, you should just make sure you check the JAMB brochures very well before you select any school or course.

http://admissiontipz..com/2019/01/two-sittings-result-2019.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 by siraj1402(m): 2:46am On Jan 21, 2019
Ok
Re: Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 by Topmaike007(m): 7:38am On Jan 21, 2019
Jambites over to you
Re: Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 by chocorex(m): 7:38am On Jan 21, 2019
Nice one.
Re: Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 by noni14(m): 7:39am On Jan 21, 2019
ok i go tel them
Re: Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 21, 2019
So my friend wen fill Engineering with 2 sittings for Uniport nr get hope

make I go tell am
Re: Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 by abdulazeez1002(m): 7:40am On Jan 21, 2019
Nice one

Vote Baba Buhari 2019

Baba Buhari would make jamb form as low as #1500

PMB till 2023

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 by jamaicabakare(m): 7:40am On Jan 21, 2019
Ok
Re: Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 by noni14(m): 7:46am On Jan 21, 2019
OK

Re: Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 by ojay36: 7:46am On Jan 21, 2019
Is electrical engineering a marketable course?
Re: Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 by presido997(m): 7:49am On Jan 21, 2019
Thanks for the useful information
Re: Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 by presido997(m): 7:49am On Jan 21, 2019
ojay36:
Is electrical engineering a marketable course?
yes of course, the most marketable course in engineering

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 by supereagle(m): 7:51am On Jan 21, 2019
OBJ is afraid of probe.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 by stano2(m): 7:52am On Jan 21, 2019
I got admission into the university with two sittings, moreover there are no guarantees that one would pass the on going waec at once.

If the school you wish to apply for doesn't accept two sittings, abeg put another school that accepts, you did not come to this world to be rewriting waec, use that time for something more productive.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 by AfonjaConehead: 7:52am On Jan 21, 2019
Da'alla,wanene CHOOSED
Re: Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 by cloud7: 7:54am On Jan 21, 2019
Yeah....That's an Ideal situation, Meanwhile..... You can now score 300 and above with the new JAMB SOFTWARE. All Subjects of JAMB past questions and answers dating from 1978 till 2018 available now in software version... CD, Book your own copies now for only Delta/Benin State and Environs ,Please, contact this number...zero eight zero, eight, nine five, nine zero eight nine zero or you send mail to visionvision2020@yahoo.com
Re: Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 21, 2019
Topmaike007:
Jambites over to you

Funny enough, you are a jambite

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 by morikee: 8:04am On Jan 21, 2019
Somes didn't failed one of there core subject was cancelled so they have to resit for the exam that is why they have second sitting
Re: Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 by Ytgud: 8:06am On Jan 21, 2019
Re: Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 by Diy09: 8:09am On Jan 21, 2019
Free JAMB CBT andriod app
Features:

Free download.
No payment of any kind needed.
Built-in calculator.
Each subject contains hundreds of questions.

Download now

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 by Donpre(m): 8:14am On Jan 21, 2019
Bushyhair:

make I go tell am
Uniport accepts 2 sittings for all courses. It won't affect his chances of being admitted

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 by Newman224: 8:22am On Jan 21, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
Nice one

Vote Baba Buhari 2019

Baba Buhari would make jamb form as low as #1500

PMB till 2023

I shake my head for you.be deceiving yourself there
Re: Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 by Topmaike007(m): 8:33am On Jan 21, 2019
HavocGirlMile99:

Funny enough, you are a jambite
about to graduate if not for the useless strike...
Re: Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 by Simplecity(m): 8:36am On Jan 21, 2019
Topmaike007:
about to graduate if not for the useless strike...
which uni??
Re: Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 by Topmaike007(m): 8:37am On Jan 21, 2019
Simplecity:
which uni??
Eksu
Re: Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 by able1993(m): 8:40am On Jan 21, 2019
Well, this varies across schools, this just depends on the competitiveness at each schools and the number of applicants, the higher the number of students, the lower your chances, however, that doesn't rule out your chances of gaining admission....

Do you want to get motivated about life or you need some form of inspiration, advice or want to take decisive decisions about life, do you also want to learn about the contemporary great men and how they made it, business and academic strategies to succeed, then visit www.motivate.com.ng
Re: Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 21, 2019
Bushyhair:

make I go tell am
He has hope don't let op deceive you
Re: Why You Should Not Use Two Sittings Result For JAMB 2019 by SaturnNick(m): 9:46am On Jan 21, 2019
Forget that brochure. It is always outdated. A school will change its admission policies and it will not reflect in the brochure untill you go to the school your eyes will shine.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus / 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results / I Am An Art Student: Can I Study Computer Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.