Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Goals To Pursue Before 30 - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Goals To Pursue Before 30 (24521 Views)

Should I Quit My Job To Pursue More Education ? / Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? / 10 Things Every Young Man Should Strive To Achieve Before 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Opinionated: 2:09pm On Jan 21, 2019
Being in your early to mid-twenties must have been an interesting and thrilling time of your life. You were finally free to set your own rules, you were finally getting settled into your career of your choosing, and of course you are now independent. However, the big part of being independent is that, you have to support yourself financially and usually alone.

Now you are about turning 30 and you should know that there are certain financial decisions you should make now in order to have a financially stress-free future.

Check out 5 of the decisions you need to start making before turning 30

Stop Impulse Spending
You must have done a lot of this in your early 20s when you had to buy anything almost everything that made you feel good without thinking about the financial implications. Well, all that would have to reduce to the minimum level as you approach your 30.

Before you buy yourself something, ask yourself; Do I need this? Why do I need it? How will I be paying for it? Would it affect my savings? What would be the financial implications when I buy this? The rule is, if you would be paying with your savings, then you should put it down. But if you would be paying from your daily spending budget and it would not affect you too much, still stay away and come back if you still need it.

Set Career Based Financial Goals
At this point, you are certain of the career path you would like to pursue and you have plans to advance your career and increase your worth financially. Write out your plans highlighting the steps you would have to take to achieve them. Take a step further and set a time limit to achieve them. This way, you are motivated to get started with your plans, and you can constantly check if you are sticking to the plan.

Start saving for a home
‘Make of thy dwelling a profitable investment’ – The Richest man in Babylon.

Paying rent is fine when you don’t have so much to spend on, like school fees, etc. In your twenties, you might think it is too early to start saving for a home. But the truth is, the higher you grow and earn the more comfortable you would want to live and that is quite expensive. Again, if you do not have responsibilities yet, it might not be so important, but note that it is essential. You don’t have to wait till you are exactly 30 or over 30 before you begin to plan ahead. Saving up for a home takes a long time, and the sooner you start, the sooner you will be able to get on the property ladder and that should if that is something you are interested in doing.

Start an emergency savings
At this point of your life when you begin to own expensive things like a car that could develop a fault and might cost a lot to repair, you need to start planning for the unexpected. At the end of each year, aim to have an emergency savings that equal 6 months of your living expenses. It may seem like a large amount of money, but through monthly saving you will eventually have enough savings to cover half a year of living expenses. The future is uncertain, and your life will feel less stressful if you know you have a safety net for worse case scenarios.

Try to also put your savings in a high yield account to benefit you financially as you save.

Invest Wisely
As complicated as investment may seem, investing is one of the easiest things to do now because financial institutions have been able to make it simple and most importantly very accessible such that you can start and track your investment at the comfort of your home. Investing is a useful way to increase your savings, and if you would be investing, seek guidance from trained professionals and trusted financial institutions for the best investment option that is designed to suit your investment needs.

Whether you are 30 already or almost 30, it’s never too late or too early to start making smart financial decisions.

Source: Goals to Pursue Before 30

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by millionboi2: 3:04pm On Jan 21, 2019
Make more and more money

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by popsyleo1: 3:04pm On Jan 21, 2019
:Dk
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by nurex01(m): 3:04pm On Jan 21, 2019
Nice

1 Like

Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 21, 2019
I've got a 6 figure saving and I'm not 30 yet. Investing in mini importation to make ends meet.

Financial independence is Bae

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by ainas247: 3:05pm On Jan 21, 2019
Good
Usjsn
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by VirgilVanDijk: 3:05pm On Jan 21, 2019
100% oh.
cool

Nice write up Sir. But to achieve these goals faster, I'll advice the youths to join APC and I can assure them a triple fold of these goals.

Before I joined APC, I didn't even have money to buy election form but today, I bought a bank and my wife also can boast of untraceable billions in her account, while Yusuf also uses a #50million bike. Is APC not wonderful?

~ProsidentBuhari

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 21, 2019
Guys Stay away from girlfriends. They make you do madt things and if them mess up some of una no go fit take am.you go depressed. Use olosho instead. Pay as you go. Sometimes if the price is right na buy one get one free.

Ladies.... As usual. Find one mumu boy marry. Chop all him money.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by hisexcellency34: 3:06pm On Jan 21, 2019
What if i become the governor or President of Nigeria at 30 years like Gowon?

7 Likes

Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Promismike(m): 3:06pm On Jan 21, 2019
Good write up.

But honestly all goals are achievable when jobs are readily available and funds available too.

9 Likes

Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Sirpaul(m): 3:06pm On Jan 21, 2019
Good One!!!
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by domino4211(m): 3:06pm On Jan 21, 2019
A
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
I've got a 6 figure saving and I'm not 30 yet. Investing in mini importation to make ends meet.

Really??..
Anyways,where is NwaAmaikpe

4 Likes

Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by DLifeless1: 3:06pm On Jan 21, 2019
Dh
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by MZEE01: 3:07pm On Jan 21, 2019
ok
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Aakey247: 3:07pm On Jan 21, 2019
Well said...but life can be unpredictable

4 Likes

Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Haymaykar(m): 3:07pm On Jan 21, 2019
I am planning to be very famous by God grace... kiss kiss grin

1 Like

Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by uwelaa(m): 3:07pm On Jan 21, 2019
Well spoken Bro!!
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by kennosklint(m): 3:07pm On Jan 21, 2019
K
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by IYANGBALI: 3:07pm On Jan 21, 2019
Rubbish! They can be met in Nigeria of today unless your papa follow thief our money

3 Likes

Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by olapluto(m): 3:08pm On Jan 21, 2019
Easier said than done. Nothing is predictable in life. This is coming from an over 30s family man.

14 Likes

Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 21, 2019
Easier said than done.

1 Like

Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 21, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:

gr8 to know
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by ijaw1stson: 3:08pm On Jan 21, 2019
A very insightful thread
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by IYANGBALI: 3:08pm On Jan 21, 2019
Haymaykar:
I am planning to be very famous by God grace... kiss kiss grin
at age 79?abeg forget it, it's already over for you unless you want to rape a day old baby
Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by oldman112(m): 3:09pm On Jan 21, 2019
True talk

1 Like

Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by Kharol1234: 3:11pm On Jan 21, 2019
reduce spendin on slay queens and ashawo........

3 Likes

Re: Goals To Pursue Before 30 by fasho01(m): 3:12pm On Jan 21, 2019
Probably in a society that works.. Definitely not here where even at 40, a lot of people are still dependent on their parents #sadfact

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Currently Need Your Sincere, Unbiased advice / My Boss May Be Hiding Something / What Can Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Do For You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.