Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,553 members, 7,809,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari (23221 Views)

Umahi Challenges Wike To A Debate / Adebayo Shittu Says APC Without Buhari May Face Difficulty In 2023 / Senate May Proceed On Recess Without Buhari’s Ministerial List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by bjbukzy(m): 4:17pm On Jan 21, 2019
2innocent:
1, Fela Durotoye, Moghalu and Oby had at one time worked for APC, and are not running to win but to divide votes. The main contender is Buhari. Why would Atiku debate with spoilers who may be secretly working for the ruling party while the main contender didn't appear.
2, Atiku already showed his willingness to Debate by coming to the venue, and he knows who he is challenging. Definitely not fela nor Oby nor moghalu.

3. Why should atiku contend in a debate for a crown with people who do not have the crown?
. Why?
.it is like a pretty girl engaging in a fight with an ugly girl, the pretty lady has everything to loose. If she should fight, she should fight with a fellow pretty lady. With due respect to other contestants, the only persons with a chance of victory is Atiku n buhari because of their person and party with national presence.
.if Atiku had debated, buhari will just chill in asoro rock, watching them on TV n hoping the candidates tear them selves apart.
4. Even if Atiku performed well in the debate, with whom will his debate be compared with? Oby, fela or moghalu? Buhari is the standard by which other aspirants debate would be compared with to know if they are better alternative. Other aspirants were supposed to protest Buhari's absence by following Atiku 's steps.
5. Some people argue that by not debating atiku lossed the chance to tell Nigerians what he wants to offer, that is a big lie, the debate is not an opportunity to tell Nigerians what you have to offer, campaigns, rallies, town hall meetings and social media already created a platform to tell Nigerians what you want to offer. Before the debate, we already know what Atiku is offering Nigerians, some of his selling points include boosting our economy, restructuring etc. These he had been saying in townhall meetings, campaigns, social media etc. The debate therefore is supposed to be a ground for intellectual battle with other aspirants. And the defending champion didn't show up, what do you think was the best decision at that point? Be the judge, but judge smartly n not just by emotion.
6, in our recent past, politicians who didn't participate in presidential debate always ended up winning the election. From Yar Adua, to Jonathan and even Buhari. If Atiku had participated in the debate, he would had sealed his fate to loose to buhari, that is if we should go by the history of our presidential debates.
In summary Atiku had more to loose than to gain for participating in a debate without Buhari.

You know Buhari can also use your post to defend why he didn't go for debate?
They will also all attack him, becausef they have nothing to lose.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by daviskingsley(m): 4:28pm On Jan 21, 2019
The OP is just too clueless to have given senseless points as reasons why Atiku avoided the debate, let me ask you, is he debating for Buhari? For Christ sake, his followers/Nigerians are waiting to hear what he have in stock for the masses and he messed up using Buhari as a reason for not debating. That's absolute nonsense and he already lost many followers for that single act.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by rapid101(m): 4:31pm On Jan 21, 2019
chinelo009:
why is atiku avoiding the debate.hahaha
zombie simple English u no fit comprehend
Em don give u reason u still de ask

Dullardino fellow

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by rapid101(m): 4:32pm On Jan 21, 2019
Shawnnn01:
Chronic foolishness of Igbo reasoning
so every body wan no like Buhari na igbo

Zombie
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by rapid101(m): 4:34pm On Jan 21, 2019
grin grin grin grin cheesy
post=74975728:
This is the END OF THE WHOLE MATTER.....
me no con understand u again

Jst use shame talk say u don tire to be zombie we ll welcome u to wailers
No fear
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by emere007(m): 4:36pm On Jan 21, 2019
Shawnnn01:
so unfortunate that your hatred for the Igbo race has truly beclouded your sense of reasoning, that every turn what you see is
"IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO"! so pathetic! just snap it off and face the real deal here which is - if your vegetable of a President (who we all know is not fit to run for this office even for the first time) should by any means win this election, then Nnamdi Kanu who your regard as the "DILECTOR" will have all the heavy lifting of disintegrating this country achieved for him by the lifeless one! and Nigeria as you know it will be blown into smithereens. Remember, no country has survived two uncivil wars, win or lose, nigeria will be dismembered all thanks to the nepotism, hatred and bigotry of your beloved vegetable. So be wise for once, and understand the dynamics of this race. Nigeria is being run by an evil, wicked and devilish cabal, who will stop at nothing in subjugating the human rights of all citizens by proxy. So I'd advise you to stop the hating now, its simply not good for your health! Igbos did not bring whatever misfortune you are currently facing on you, but through your own evil choices (like electing this wicked tyrant), you are where you currently are! pele!
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by KanwuliaExtra: 4:41pm On Jan 21, 2019
You think Atiku is a fool? cheesy
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:41pm On Jan 21, 2019
ajon1:
I think the OP is right. Atiku wanted to attack Buhari at the debate and use him to shine, other candidates will do the same. Seeing that Buhari didn't attend, he (Atiku) will definitely be the punching bag. Other candidates will make him the EBA. Guyman used his brain and dodged a bullet.

It's a win win situation for Buhari and the APC though. If Atiku had participated in the debate, his image will be dented. By not participating, some would-be voters of his were disappointed in him for not proving to the nation that's he's the best man for the job. That took away the limelight on Buhari's absence.

Politics is indeed a brain game. You plan more, do more, and talk less. Most of the top guys supporting Atiku are noisemakers without electoral value. After all the noise PDP members like Reno, FFK, and even Atiku himself made about the debate, they ended up not debating. Isn't that funny?
at least we saw d vice presidential debate of which both parties were dee...a presidential debate without d incumbent is a mere academic exercise...
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by Cajal(m): 4:43pm On Jan 21, 2019
Insinuations
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:48pm On Jan 21, 2019
daviskingsley:
The OP is just too clueless to have given senseless points as reasons why Atiku avoided the debate, let me ask you, is he debating for Buhari? For Christ sake, his followers/Nigerians are waiting to hear what he have in stock for the masses and he messed up using Buhari as a reason for not debating. That's absolute nonsense and he already lost many followers for that single act.
he will be speaking in a town hall meeting the candidates on 31 Jan de can hear him dee...d debate is nt a campaign ground...if d incumbent was nt dee it's a mere academic exercise...d other three shd have walk out too...
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by Randy100: 5:02pm On Jan 21, 2019
Hate for Igbo will kill you. Idiota
Shawnnn01:
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by Shawnnn01: 5:14pm On Jan 21, 2019
but the hate Igbos have for other Nigerians will not kill them ba ? I swear many of you are morefoolish than I imagined.
Randy100:
Hate for Igbo will kill you. Idiota
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by Shawnnn01: 5:15pm On Jan 21, 2019
[s]
emere007:
so unfortunate that your hatred for the Igbo race has truly beclouded your sense of reasoning, that every turn what you see is
"IGBO IGBO IGBO IGBO"! so pathetic! just snap it off and face the real deal here which is - if your vegetable of a President (who we all know is not fit to run for this office even for the first time) should by any means win this election, then Nnamdi Kanu who your regard as the "DILECTOR" will have all the heavy lifting of disintegrating this country achieved for him by the lifeless one! and Nigeria as you know it will be blown into smithereens. Remember, no country has survived two uncivil wars, win or lose, nigeria will be dismembered all thanks to the nepotism, hatred and bigotry of your beloved vegetable. So be wise for once, and understand the dynamics of this race. Nigeria is being run by an evil, wicked and devilish cabal, who will stop at nothing in subjugating the human rights of all citizens by proxy. So I'd advise you to stop the hating now, its simply not good for your health! Igbos did not bring whatever misfortune you are currently facing on you, but through your own evil choices (like electing this wicked tyrant), you are where you currently are! pele!
[/s]
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by Slickest(m): 5:16pm On Jan 21, 2019
2innocent:
1, Fela Durotoye, Moghalu and Oby had at one time worked for APC, and are not running to win but to divide votes. The main contender is Buhari. Why would Atiku debate with spoilers who may be secretly working for the ruling party while the main contender didn't appear.
2, Atiku already showed his willingness to Debate by coming to the venue, and he knows who he is challenging. Definitely not fela nor Oby nor moghalu.

3. Why should atiku contend in a debate for a crown with people who do not have the crown?
. Why?
.it is like a pretty girl engaging in a fight with an ugly girl, the pretty lady has everything to loose. If she should fight, she should fight with a fellow pretty lady. With due respect to other contestants, the only persons with a chance of victory is Atiku n buhari because of their person and party with national presence.
.if Atiku had debated, buhari will just chill in asoro rock, watching them on TV n hoping the candidates tear them selves apart.
4. Even if Atiku performed well in the debate, with whom will his debate be compared with? Oby, fela or moghalu? Buhari is the standard by which other aspirants debate would be compared with to know if they are better alternative. Other aspirants were supposed to protest Buhari's absence by following Atiku 's steps.
5. Some people argue that by not debating atiku lossed the chance to tell Nigerians what he wants to offer, that is a big lie, the debate is not an opportunity to tell Nigerians what you have to offer, campaigns, rallies, town hall meetings and social media already created a platform to tell Nigerians what you want to offer. Before the debate, we already know what Atiku is offering Nigerians, some of his selling points include boosting our economy, restructuring etc. These he had been saying in townhall meetings, campaigns, social media etc. The debate therefore is supposed to be a ground for intellectual battle with other aspirants. And the defending champion didn't show up, what do you think was the best decision at that point? Be the judge, but judge smartly n not just by emotion.
6, in our recent past, politicians who didn't participate in presidential debate always ended up winning the election. From Yar Adua, to Jonathan and even Buhari. If Atiku had participated in the debate, he would had sealed his fate to loose to buhari, that is if we should go by the history of our presidential debates.
In summary Atiku had more to loose than to gain for participating in a debate without Buhari.
What are u saying? What is the essence of the debate?
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by Niceman4u(m): 5:20pm On Jan 21, 2019
Shawnnn01:

stupidity is wen u make a useless stereotype of tribe.
So there r non Igbo supporters of PDP? or there no APC supporters among the Igbos?
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by rock003: 5:28pm On Jan 21, 2019
chinelo009:

Why didn't Buhari show up for the debate? How come you aren't asking that question? Or are you saying you are a useful idiot?
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by OduduaDefender(m): 5:54pm On Jan 21, 2019
MrPresident1:
Atiku made the right decision not to debate. Those other smooth talking fellows would have run him ragged and reduced his value leaving Buhari untouched and with more ammunition for BMC to attack him

This is the true reason Atiku boycotted the debate! He knew he had no chance with those other contestants..........he is not worthy to be a President.
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by Mojoy88(m): 6:04pm On Jan 21, 2019
The Atikulated moratad the chance of becoming the president. The OBItuary of his presidential ambition will be published on FeBUHARI 16 grin grin grin
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by unmask: 6:12pm On Jan 21, 2019
2innocent:

. Why?
I really don't care about both but this is a senseless post.... pardon my french.....if you cannot debate say you cannot debate....the debate is for people to bring their ideas and have it compared. So his reason for snubbing the debate is just untenable.
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by Asito(m): 6:15pm On Jan 21, 2019
alfaHaywhy:
ATIIIIKUUUUU??

Lol nairalanders never reach here.
Carry your woke go back to twitter. Lol.
Ps: drop ur handle
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by Ganduri: 6:23pm On Jan 21, 2019
chinelo009:
there is enough time to reschedule for a one on one with Buhari.
You guys are justvshameless. You accuse Atiku for not attending, yet defend Buhari who dodged the debates. Zombie.
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by tope93: 6:27pm On Jan 21, 2019
The writer is right
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by mabea: 6:35pm On Jan 21, 2019
Dee60:
Atiku and Buhari should go and rest. Atiku has his garbage. OBJ himself once said that the man cannot be trusted. PMB is tired.

Oby Ezekwsili has a solid track in public management both locally and internationally - Yet her people are hardly campaigning for her.

I think the woman will win more votes in South West than in the South East!

I watched Tunde Bakare yesterday say that Nigerians should stop saying that there is no credible alternative.

Oby is one, but even her people are not routing for her.

Maybe the people are not really looking for credibility!

Nigeria's problems are many but one of them is - Nigerians!
Nigerians are not the problem of nigeria but the ones with your kind of mentality. So her people should support her simply because she's one of them.
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by ukpa: 6:51pm On Jan 21, 2019
According to Obj, Atiku c has a propensity for wrong decisions . Nothing is further from the truth. If pdp thinks this years election is a walkover for them, they should think again.
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 21, 2019
2innocent:

. Why?

Lose not loose.
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by Rubbiish(m): 8:35pm On Jan 21, 2019
awelekiti:
Another lie from the pit of hell. Atiku showed up abi your tv is made by lai muhamed. He refused to join the debate because buhari didnt show up and has asked the apc to allow him and the organiser should fix another date. ...But I doubt if buhari would show up again. BON postponed the presidential debate 2 times because of buhari but still, he refused to show up. What's he afraid of?
@bold Expressing himself eloquently without reading from a book.
Debate requires some level of intelligence.
Remember only intelligent students are selected for debates in schools.
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by herich(m): 8:36pm On Jan 21, 2019
post=74975728:
This is the END OF THE WHOLE MATTER.....
So your President Buhari master is emulating the ogorogo master.
Thought the ogogoro master doesn't worth a role model.

CLOWN!
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by chris31(m): 8:37pm On Jan 21, 2019
Dee60:
Atiku and Buhari should go and rest. Atiku has his garbage. OBJ himself once said that the man cannot be trusted. PMB is tired.

Oby Ezekwsili has a solid track in public management both locally and internationally - Yet her people are hardly campaigning for her.

I think the woman will win more votes in South West than in the South East!

I watched Tunde Bakare yesterday say that Nigerians should stop saying that there is no credible alternative.

Oby is one, but even her people are not routing for her.

Maybe the people are not really looking for credibility!

Nigeria's problems are many but one of them is - Nigerians!
Oby should go & sitdown
If she wins in her own town i will quit nairaland
Re: 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari by murmee: 8:42pm On Jan 21, 2019
thesicilian:

This is the most cogent of all the reasons being put forward so far. In my opinion the debate should have been postponed until the president can attend, and sanctions should be metted out to major absentees in future.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? / How Amaechi’s Decision To Run For President May Be A ‘jericho Wall’ To Tinubu / Buhari’s Certificate: Go To court, INEC Tells PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.