Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Does Hard Drugs Cause Seizures? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Hard Drugs Cause Seizures? (343 Views)

Ever Lost Someone You Love To Hard Drugs? / Why Are Weeds And Other Hard Drugs Illegal While Cigarette Remains Legal? / Hard Drugs Affect Man Who Couldn't Get A Job In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Hard Drugs Cause Seizures? by MrOfficer(m): 5:16pm On Jan 21, 2019
Good evening health landers. I'm a law enforcement officer and I've been on this job for two years now. Over this period I have been studying crime trends the common traits among the recidivists

90% of the guys arrested from motor parks are always on hard drugs (as tests always confirm). Another peculiar thing amongst them is that most of them always have seizures while in the cell. Before now I used to think it is a random isolated cases, but with time I began to see the pattern of this seizure inmates. Most of them are young guys from the parks and streets.

Also there was once an incident of a guy that croaked on top of a woman from the use of hard drugs. From investigation it was discovered that he too had the same seizure, with foam coming outa the mouth before he crossed over.

My question now is: does hard drugs cause seizures? Or are theses aforementioned events purely an isolated case? Please doctors in the house help me.

Say no to drug abuse.
Re: Does Hard Drugs Cause Seizures? by MissRaine69(f): 9:23pm On Jan 22, 2019
Hard drugs do cause seizures and this is due to acute drug intoxication. Medical intervention is needed always. If the individual also abuses alcohol
that person will experience what is called withdrawal symptoms and seizures after abruptly stopping the alcohol seizures do occur and this could lead to death. Based on the tone of your post I can safetly conclude that no medical assistance is provided hence the death in custody you described.
Addiction is a lot more complex than you think unfortunately. So saying things like “say no to drug abuse” shows no insight.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Hard Drugs Cause Seizures? by MrOfficer(m): 1:33am On Jan 23, 2019
MissRaine69:
Hard drugs do cause seizures and this is due to acute drug intoxication. Medical intervention is needed always. If the individual also abuses alcohol
that person will experience what is called withdrawal symptoms and seizures after abruptly stopping the alcohol seizures do occur and this could lead to death. Based on the tone of your post I can safetly conclude that no medical assistance is provided hence the death in custody you described.
Addiction is a lot more complex than you think unfortunately. So saying things like “say no to drug abuse” shows no insight.

Quite educating, thanks. Nobody died in the cell though. The guy that croaked on top of his gf did so in a shanty.

(1) (Reply)

Beniah Case: I Visited The Family Yesterday And There's A Progress / The 4 Shocking Nigerian Foods That Burn Stubborn Belly Fat FAST / Perfect Supplement To Boost Your Sex Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.