Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Ever Considered Changing Your Name? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ever Considered Changing Your Name? (13051 Views)

Elon Musk's Transgender Daughter Is Changing Her Name To DITCH Musk / Carrying Pregnancy Should Be Considered As Work, High Court Judge Rules / Have You Ever Thought Of Changing Your Surname? Some Names Are Weird.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Considered Changing Your Name? by etoman1(m): 12:27am On Jan 22, 2019
The worst is seeing someone from igbo land taking an English name as surname. That alone brewkas my heart ! Please I ask .. have you ever seen a white man who has an igbo name as his surname?? Please let’s respect the original traditional historical names because all these oyibo names is a pure case of inferiority complex . Tanku

1 Like

Re: Ever Considered Changing Your Name? by Niccoloimhotep: 12:45am On Jan 22, 2019
I changed my surname in 2004 because the meaning of the name scares the shitt outta me.

2008 vw jetta available in ibadan

Re: Ever Considered Changing Your Name? by Generalkorex(m): 12:57am On Jan 22, 2019
Ajibel:
Yea, to Seyi Pythonian

Hablo the Prontomaster)

1 Like

Re: Ever Considered Changing Your Name? by Eastlink(m): 2:05am On Jan 22, 2019
I wish I can change my surname to my Grandad's name. I currently bear my Great grand father's name and it's long in pronunciation and weird. My siblings all changed theirs with my late dad's approval as at then. But before this change was made I had already written WAEC and gain admission into the university. So I found it difficult to make the changes till now.
But as time flies out each, I get angry with my self and bear hate towards the name.
Re: Ever Considered Changing Your Name? by Pearl05(f): 2:24am On Jan 22, 2019
Eastlink:
I wish I can change my surname to my Grandad's name. I currently bear my Great grand father's name and it's long in pronunciation and weird. My siblings all changed theirs with my late dad's approval as at then. But before this change was made I had already written WAEC and gain admission into the university. So I found it difficult to make the changes till now.
But as time flies out each, I get angry with my self and bear hate towards the name.

You can change it with your children. Just give them your dad's name as last name. Bearing great grand father's name whom one doesn't even know the kind of life he lived isn't cool at all.

Changed my surname after marriage ceremony sha.
Re: Ever Considered Changing Your Name? by LegalOpinion: 3:26am On Jan 22, 2019
megacity:
YES

I didnt like my names so I changed my middle name and surname some years ago. The only reason I kept my first name was to maintain some sort of link with my former name

Since then I have had all manner of issues! Once I gained admission to a postgraduate program in a university in this country and they almost didnt allow me to register because according to the associate dean (a prof), a man cannot change two names! According to the prof, the best they would do was to register me in my former name since my first degree certificate bears that name!

My forefathers coined those name based the limited knowledge they had back then and the names are not like godly. If after being a Christian for many years I cannot find the guts to correct the mistakes of my forefathers, I should be considered a failure

We have too many uneducated professors in Nigeria. Who told him a man cannot change all his names if he so desires?

SMH

Cassius Clay changed his name to Muhammad Ali even when he was already an international figure---a world boxing champion.
Re: Ever Considered Changing Your Name? by boolet: 4:01am On Jan 22, 2019
Radiant1020:
No! Never! I love my name.
It means light... And that was what birthed "Radiant "
Is your name Wuta?! cheesy
Re: Ever Considered Changing Your Name? by Mike4S: 5:32am On Jan 22, 2019
I am answering my complete native names in Facebook and people from my own part of the world are making it a subject of ridicule.
What is paining me most is the ignorance among those that have subjected the names to a cruel ridicule. A situation where people have failed to understand that one word can have five pronunciations depending on the usage. They kept pronouncing it wrong even when I had corrected them.
Re: Ever Considered Changing Your Name? by Topshow4real: 6:41am On Jan 22, 2019
I want to change my name to Mr. Drinkwater

Oyinbo people with silly names Sha.
Re: Ever Considered Changing Your Name? by almarthins(m): 6:49am On Jan 22, 2019
Lordave:
What’s the meaning of Ajanlekoko?

I love that name.

grin U dont want to knw
Is like inviting d devil to come and robb u off ur booty.
Re: Ever Considered Changing Your Name? by Ajibel(m): 6:55am On Jan 22, 2019
Generalkorex:

Hablo the Prontomaster)

Hello Bro cheesy

Someone knows me here ooo grin grin grin
Re: Ever Considered Changing Your Name? by verifiablefacts: 7:02am On Jan 22, 2019
hadjipapiey:

Who's this one
Who teaches one how to write his name

BTW, you just proved to be among numerous goofballs who, when you write Abdur Razaq give them, they'll still change it to Abdul Rasak especially in banks. I change am for one, even after I told her write my name as it's written there, she still wrote nonsense. Na you born me! Abi you sabi transliterated my name pass me ni!

Crack heads sad
am just transliterating the Arabic inscription you wrote, no need insulting.
Re: Ever Considered Changing Your Name? by Esji80(m): 8:04am On Jan 22, 2019
finalboss:
nah never, maybe Li Wei chinese name
Boss, it seems you like this Lee name oo.. Does it get special meaning in Chinese?
Re: Ever Considered Changing Your Name? by Generalkorex(m): 8:09am On Jan 22, 2019
Ajibel:

Hello Bro cheesy
Someone knows me here ooo grin grin grin
how are u doing
Re: Ever Considered Changing Your Name? by Ajibel(m): 8:21am On Jan 22, 2019
Generalkorex:
how are u doing

I'm doing good bro. And you?

Any hint about you? wink
Re: Ever Considered Changing Your Name? by Dboy55(m): 9:22am On Jan 22, 2019
goat22:

Young child, have you studied your books today? Tell mama comfort to give you the garri I sent to you for your school. Also papa ejiro will take you to school tomorrow.
I don't think there is any need,for me to throw shades at you .your moniker says it all "goat"
Re: Ever Considered Changing Your Name? by hadjipapiey(m): 10:36am On Jan 22, 2019
verifiablefacts:

am just transliterating the Arabic inscription you wrote, no need insulting.

Ain't insulting, am correcting you!
Re: Ever Considered Changing Your Name? by coolestchris(m): 10:12pm On Jan 22, 2019
Radiant1020:
No! Never! I love my name.
It means light... And that was what birthed "Radiant "
nice name
Re: Ever Considered Changing Your Name? by Radiant1020(f): 10:40pm On Jan 22, 2019
coolestchris:
nice name

Thanks
Re: Ever Considered Changing Your Name? by coolestchris(m): 10:41pm On Jan 22, 2019
Radiant1020:

Thanks
based in abj and you
Re: Ever Considered Changing Your Name? by 1F30M4(f): 10:50am On Jan 23, 2019
I once did but that was when I was a kid and it was for a silly reason, the thought of it is really cracking me up right now
Re: Ever Considered Changing Your Name? by Bawsse(m): 2:54pm On Jan 23, 2019
Valerie47:
No.
Ahn na play na
I have a feeling you will tell me, what it is sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Love My Sister In Law / Wife Financial Insincerity / Did You Achieve Your Goals/targets For This Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.