Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,844 members, 7,806,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use (17760 Views)

Kperogi: Adamu Adamu's Admission Of Failure Will Be More Genuine If He Resigns / Covenant University Student Expelled For Drug Use Disrupt Chapel Service / ASUU STRIKE: University Of Ibadan Terminates First Semester. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by Yoighaman(m): 10:37am On Jan 22, 2019
dominique:
That's unfair. He should have been placed on probation while he undergoes rehabilitation. Sending him away could lead to anger and bitterness and he could be destructive to himself and the society we live in. Anarchists don't just wake up one morning and start disturbing the peace, they're pushed to it most of the time

That guy is a potential danger to other students if the admission is upheld....had steps like this been taken decades ago, maybe the menace today called 'cultism' in our higher institutions wouldn't be this bad.

2 Likes

Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by xcelentattitude(m): 10:43am On Jan 22, 2019
If he is young enough to be called a student, it means they (parents, family members) must have warned him against using drugs. Whether he obeyed or not, who knows but all i know is that, Now, he will have sense! grin

And maybe, he wasn't using it, but was walking with friends who use, he will still learn sense.

May I never touch marijuana with a 10 feet pole in Jesus Name
Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 22, 2019
Pls O.P, what is marijuana.....ayamnotunderstanding,Thankio in anticipation for your explanation
Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 22, 2019
kizito90:
honestly, this is a good development because back in my university days, the rate at which this weed indulgence among my fellow students was very high and it made them not different from violent thugs.

Weed doesn't make you a good guy or a bad guy.
Just like going to church doesn't make you a good guy.

Those that smokes weed and act violent.

Are already violent before taking it

3 Likes

Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by luluosas(m): 12:08pm On Jan 22, 2019
Good for him. Let him continue his drug taking in his father's house. Idiot
Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by luluosas(m): 12:10pm On Jan 22, 2019
You may think so because you smoke too. But have ever thought about the eternal consequences of smoking?
maynia:

Weed doesn't make you a good guy or a bad guy.
Just like going to church doesn't make you a good guy.

Those that smokes weed and act violent.

Are already violent before taking it
Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by Depreacherman(m): 12:24pm On Jan 22, 2019
Everyone seems right in his own view;

hope you know the stress in universities

Are you telling me after passing through those stress Mentally, emotionally, financially and so on for 4 good years, you won't graduate me but you collected all my fees and kept me for 4years? We die there!!!

The best option is never to start what you can't finish! Unilag has strong counseling unit but drug addicts hardly change. They don't even take counsel

[qquote author=afroxyz post=74995335]How these so called intellectuals think baffles me. A university that is supposed to the the citadel of ideas is exhibiting shallowness in approach. why not create a rehabilitation and Guardian counselling unit. Any student that tests positive should be sent there while also attending his studies. you can make it compulsory that unless he underlies and passes rehabilitation he won't graduate from school even if his CGPA is 5.0. They can even charge the student for such services. denying students admission is only throwing them back into the same circle of influence. jeez![/quote]
Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 22, 2019
una never see anything for this country....dem go soon start to dey test for virginity and masturbation..so dem go reduce d number of candidates...if u test positive lasan...u are out
Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 22, 2019
luluosas:
You may think so because you smoke too. But have ever thought about the eternal consequences of smoking?

Depends on what you are smoking.

Weed contains THC and it is yet to kill anybody yet
Cigrattes contains nicotine and it kills millions Every year.
Alcohol kills every year

Do you know coffee contains caffeine psychoactive drug?
Yet it is legal?

1 Like

Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by Raylight2(m): 12:37pm On Jan 22, 2019
basty:

You are afraid, are you one?
lol... won't be found in my generation
Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by Raylight2(m): 12:38pm On Jan 22, 2019
rusher14:

Months in your hair sample.
oh! that complicated. thank you
Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by Trailblazer01(f): 12:58pm On Jan 22, 2019
MaestroJhay:
The university of Lagos made the announcement for zero tolerance on hard drug usage and have been making all effort to screen the newly admitted students of hard drugs.

A student of human kinetics department (James) have been withdrawn from the school after being tested positive to Marijuana use, and with the screening still ongoing there might still be uproar of more students to be withdrawn.

� he should have borrowed someone's urine �
Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by Jaysas1(m): 1:05pm On Jan 22, 2019
Stanleyafam:
Is marijuana a hard drug?
rara ooo.....it's a supplement
Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by Jaysas1(m): 1:07pm On Jan 22, 2019
Raylight2:
what if he has repented? or how long does weed stays in the blood?
y u asking as if ur free from it or is it because ur skul didn't screen u..(if at all)
Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by Raylight2(m): 1:15pm On Jan 22, 2019
Jaysas1:
y u asking as if ur free from it or is it because ur skul didn't screen u..(if at all)
hahahahaha.... menh ! I'm free. not everyone takes marijuana and I'm one of them. I'm free. I'd test 0% for alcohol talkless of mari
Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by Raylight2(m): 1:17pm On Jan 22, 2019
Like is u take marijuana Share if you're free

2 Likes

Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by dantewest: 1:22pm On Jan 22, 2019
Asquare84:

so a youth who is in drugs is doing good to himself, if it pain your ass go and fight unilag

You miss the point. What has drug use have to do with the quest for education?

Is it the duty of the school to deny admission or provide assistance in form of required counseling?

Must it be total denial to the basic right of education just because of drugs?

I find it abnormal and crude

2 Likes

Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by Asquare84(m): 1:34pm On Jan 22, 2019
dantewest:

You miss the point. What has drug use have to do with the quest for education?

Is it the duty of the school to deny admission or provide assistance in form of required counseling?

Must it be total denial to the basic right of education just because of drugs?

I find it abnormal and crude

The truth is that this will discourage youth from taking drugs
Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by luluosas(m): 1:34pm On Jan 22, 2019
My point is total abstinence from smoking
maynia:

Depends on what you are smoking.

Weed contains THC and it is yet to kill anybody yet
Cigrattes contains nicotine and it kills millions Every year.
Alcohol kills every year

Do you know coffee contains caffeine psychoactive drug?
Yet it is legal?
Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 22, 2019
luluosas:
My point is total abstinence from smoking

Smoking weed won't do any major damage to you.
Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by jiggyman(m): 2:05pm On Jan 22, 2019
mrnigeria:
I know this is unpopular opinion, but you can test possible for marijuana if you are not a user.

how?
if you stay in the same house with weed smokers and inhale their secondary smoke.

so it is two ways, he could be guilty of using, or not.

lets just "disagree to agree" that the boy is a weed junkie....

a rehab and counselling program would do the world a lot more good than the path Unilag is towing by denying this kids admission.
my two centz.

it is not possible I work in the lab I have done close to 100 drug toxicology testing it's a urine test not an inhalation test so even u inhale it it cannver be present on your urine
Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by mrnigeria(m): 2:38pm On Jan 22, 2019
OneSentence:

and common sense could not tell the boy to leave the environment that makes him a secondary smoker since he's going for a drug test abi? keep defending him...it's obvious why you are anyway

tell us the obvious, sir.

assumption is the worst form of intelligence.
Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by mrnigeria(m): 2:41pm On Jan 22, 2019
jiggyman:

it is not possible I work in the lab I have done close to 100 drug toxicology testing it's a urine test not an inhalation test so even u inhale it it cannver be present on your urine

okay sir.

my point is not about the boy being a drug user or not.
my point is the choice of "method of correction", which is very likely to be counterproductive.

1 Like

Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by seanwilliam(m): 4:27pm On Jan 22, 2019
Gleefreak125:
Contact me if you wanna know your status before the school collects your sample for test. Save yourself and your future please. No time abeg.
haaa if 2 say na 4times person take am nko?
Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by Jaysas1(m): 4:45pm On Jan 22, 2019
Raylight2:
hahahahaha.... menh ! I'm free. not everyone takes marijuana and I'm one of them. I'm free. I'd test 0% for alcohol talkless of mari
tank God for ur lyf

1 Like

Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 22, 2019
Yoighaman:

That guy is a potential danger to other students if the admission is upheld....had steps like this been taken decades ago, maybe the menace today called 'cultism' in our higher institutions wouldn't be this bad.

So smoking weed will make you join cult?
Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 22, 2019
GoggleB:

He exceeded the regular Igbo smoker, cause he wasn't the only one that tested positive to marijuana..
They already filed rehabilitation for some, but he tested positive to all the psychoactive substance..

Worse expulsion would happen when they start returning students own upon resumption..

grin Is is true returning students would test for hard drugs too? Haven't seen the memo. plenty strong men go fall.
Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by luluosas(m): 7:28pm On Jan 22, 2019
I invite you to receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour
maynia:

Smoking weed won't do any major damage to you.
Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by Laurene: 7:35pm On Jan 22, 2019
FergieRaww:

Are you an aspirant?

if Yes, then No it's not
if No, then maybe smiley
aspirant ke? I'm a graduate of Unn
Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 22, 2019
luluosas:
I invite you to receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour

Because im smoking weed?

But it's okay to drink alcohol and drink coffee?

1 Like

Re: Unilag Terminates Admission Of A Fresher Tested Positive To Drug Use by Yoighaman(m): 7:59pm On Jan 22, 2019
maynia:

So smoking weed will make you join cult?

Yes. It gives you a higher propensity to. Your circle of friend would most likely be weed smokers and cultists. Although, there are cult guys who neither smoke nor drink, but the risk is higher when you smoke weed and hang out with fellow smokers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Let's Talk About Animals On Our Planet(Photos). / JAMB Has NOT Scrapped Awaiting Result For 2017 UTME- Ignore Rumours / Corps Members Deployed To Teach Students In Kogi University, Says ASUU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.