Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 (10588 Views)

Toluige Olokoobi Babalola's Husband Was Met On Top Of Her Body / Nene Steve & Joy Aboel: Housemaid Tortured To Death, Hanged To Fake Suicide / #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by GISTBL0GGER: 5:45am On Jan 22, 2019
A mother of two, Mrs. Promise Ani who alleged that her husband was tortured to death by Police, has asked the Inspector General of Police to investigate his death.

Her husband, Ikechukwu, was according to her, tortured to death by the anti-cult unit of the Enugu State police command, Guardian reports.

Ikechukwu, a trader at Ogbete main market, Enugu, died on Sunday January 13, this year at an undisclosed hospital, two days after his release following alleged injuries he received while in police custody.

He was said to have been forcefully arrested at about 2.am on January 6, this year at his residence in Obeagu- Awkunanaw, Enugu south council by men of the anti-cult unit, who smashed doors of their building and allegedly whisked him away.

Narrating the incident, his pregnant wife, Promise, explained that it had to do with an allegation bothering on threat to life, said to have been made by the late husband against a police officer.

“My husband never issued such threat. They leveled the allegation to deal with him. Unfortunately, it has resulted to his death”, Promise said amid tears, at their residence in Obeagu- Awkunanaw.

She said in the event of investigation revealing that her late husband issued the threat; it was “not enough for policemen to torture him for four days without food in their cell”.

She added:

“When they released him to us, he was already looking frail and could barely talk. But he told me that they used nails on his head and chest. He also said that for four days, he was starved of food; as they could not allow us feed him.

She alleged that since her husband died, the police had made monetary advances to the family; persuade them to bury him, adding however that they refused “as doing so will bury the evidence against the police.”

“Right now we have been moving the corps from one mortuary to the other to avoid tampering with his body which shows clear evidences of the level of torture they subjected him to”, she stated

In a petition to the Inspector General of Police, the family of the deceased had appealed for a thorough investigation of the activities of anti-cult unit in Enugu.

The family alleged that it was a case of extra-judicial killing and also appealed for the investigation of alleged bribe the family offered the police before the late Ani was released to the family.

Reacting on the development, Enugu State Police Public Relations Officer, Ebere Amaraizu said although the matter had not officially been brought to his knowledge, it would be investigated.

“We can’t throw it to the wind, we would find out what happened. We will check the circumstance and I can assure you that whoever is indicted will not go unpunished. It is a very unfortunate incidence, the CP doesn’t condone such act,” Amaraizu said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/how-police-tortured-my-husband-to-death-by-mother-of-two/amp

Re: How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by GISTBL0GGER: 5:46am On Jan 22, 2019
cool
Re: How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by Fuckuignos(f): 6:24am On Jan 22, 2019
Police is your friend
Buhari is drawing unimaginable crowd wherever he goes while PDP is busy concocting lies upon lies & Atiku's rallies are avoided by masses like plague. After Feb 16th PDP will cry rigging. I am here watching like a bat.

2 Likes

Re: How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by MrRhymes101(m): 10:47am On Jan 22, 2019
Heartless men! They should face the law... Wedding MC

1 Like

Re: How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by MrSix: 10:47am On Jan 22, 2019
No be NPF?
Those guys are like the 'p' in psychology when it comes to relevant matters.

Need a laptop?
I sell USA used Laptops
Free delivery within Lagos only and it's pay on delivery
Details in my signature
Re: How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 10:47am On Jan 22, 2019
embarassed
Re: How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by Binikingdowm: 10:47am On Jan 22, 2019
Fear Igbo people
Re: How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by Webcamseller(f): 10:48am On Jan 22, 2019
J
Re: How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by salbis(m): 10:48am On Jan 22, 2019
Very sad. This should be investigated and punishment be meted out to the perpetrators where necessary.
Re: How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by salbis(m): 10:48am On Jan 22, 2019
Very sad. This should be investigated and punishment be meted out to the perpetrators where necessary.
Re: How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by freemanbubble: 10:48am On Jan 22, 2019
Isokay

Injustice makes one to feel like a living dead.

Exactly what was done to to boko haram leader.
Am not a sympathezer of boko boys
But few of us know and experience the truth about those boko guys
They were never a terrorist
They were just a mere group for a good purpose
After a politician failed to keep to his promise
They were protesting
That is how police handcuffed their leader Yusuf.
Only for them to hear that the Yusuf handcuffed is death
How come they asked?
Only for the police to give a flimsy excuse that he wanted to escape and he was shot
How can a man escape with handcuff
This got them angry and they started targeting police. They were never against Muslim, muslim clerics,mosque, Christians and churches or even abduction

They vowed to deal with police nation wide but in the course of carrying out their revenge they were sponsored by politician both PDP and APC
Because of the this they now deviate from their objectives
Because a man on a quest and mission to fulfill need money for survival

This is the truth the nation is hiding from us

Have a cousin with them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by hopevalley: 10:48am On Jan 22, 2019
Chai!!!! I feel like crying. Why are policemen always like this? Meanwhile, click on the link on my signature to know how to export products to foreign countries and make millions of naira as profit.
Re: How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by sweetchi1011: 10:48am On Jan 22, 2019
So sorry for your loss Madam. Police is indeed your friend!

1 Like

Re: How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by milaso: 10:49am On Jan 22, 2019
una leave the police man to go scort free?
sorry for asking embarassed embarassed
Re: How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 10:50am On Jan 22, 2019
embarassed
And lots of this is going on in Nigeria
Re: How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by trendingideas: 10:50am On Jan 22, 2019
May the lord strengthen her in trying times such as this
Re: How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by Dudehasnoname: 10:51am On Jan 22, 2019
Story, You say you no know... angry angry
Rest in peace man...
God bless ur kids...
Re: How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 22, 2019
Under buhari watch part1
Re: How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by Chidex50(m): 10:54am On Jan 22, 2019
Binikingdowm:
Fear Igbo people

grin Seriously? Why and why do you think you and your tribe is better? If you tell me and it's true,I'll change to yours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by Equal2DeTask(m): 10:56am On Jan 22, 2019
Binikingdowm:
Fear Igbo people

You are a Goat

2 Likes

Re: How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by dallyemmy: 11:01am On Jan 22, 2019
Charge to court and stop the killing! The policemen involved have to be prosecuted accordingly.

1 Like

Re: How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 22, 2019
Fuckuignos:
Police is your friend
Buhari is drawing unimaginable crowd wherever he goes while PDP is busy concocting lies upon lies & Atiku's rallies are avoided by masses like plague. After Feb 16th PDP will cry rigging. I am here watching like a bat.

Bat. How you dae?
Re: How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by mostmorgan: 11:37am On Jan 22, 2019
na e b say ur village pipo don finally knock ur brain
Fuckuignos:
Police is your friend

1 Like

Re: How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by manikspears: 12:28pm On Jan 22, 2019
unfortunately nothing will happen.there is no justice in Nigeria cry .go and look for a serious juju man to charm your husband's dead body and lay back.
Re: How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by mechanics(m): 1:13pm On Jan 22, 2019
Those involved should be dealt with.
Re: How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by CaptainGOOD: 2:20pm On Jan 22, 2019
Binikingdowm:
Fear Igbo people

And who told u the police is igbo.?

Anyways I no blame u na prostitution blood Dey talk inside u

1 Like

Re: How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by Binikingdowm: 2:53pm On Jan 22, 2019
CaptainGOOD:

And who told u the police is igbo.?

Anyways I no blame u na prostitution blood Dey talk inside u
emeka don still give you the cocaine wey he dey push
Re: How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by CaptainGOOD: 4:16pm On Jan 22, 2019
Binikingdowm:
emeka don still give you the cocaine wey he dey push

But Emeka push cocaine finish carry the money Bleep, Ivie, her friends ,her sisters and still Bleep her mama join. undecided
Re: How My Husband Was Tortured To Death By Police – Mother Of 2 by Binikingdowm: 4:24pm On Jan 22, 2019
CaptainGOOD:

But Emeka push cocaine finish carry the money Bleep, Ivie, her friends ,her sisters and still Bleep her mama join. undecided
Ivie take emeka money and report am give Malaysia police.

The police don hang am o

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imo Police Arrest OCDA Boss For Alleged Involvement In Criminal Activities / Court Convicts Calistus Obi, Ex NIMAS Acting Director-General / FG Dissolves NSCDC Anti-Vandal Unit, Road Blocks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.