Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,450 members, 7,808,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix (21227 Views)

BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network / Carlcare Service: The Official Phone Repair Provider For Infinix, TECNO, Itel / As Apple Declines Tecno, Itel And Infinix Dominates Africa And Middle East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by donbenie(m): 8:15am On Jan 22, 2019
Feranchek:
For y'all thinking it'll be another Tecno, rethink cos this phone is on same class as Samsung and iPhone. Yes! I said it.... IPhone! So in terms of price, hehehehe, you go spend money ooo! I just hope they don't compromise their standards for the Nigerian market cos these Nigerians love to spend less for more.
You don't have to spend money to acquire a quality device from Xiaomi,their Redmi Note 5 Ai is already heads and shoulder above Camon 11 Pro and Infinix Note 5 Stylus and yet is far cheaper than both of these devices..

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Hardheolar(m): 8:15am On Jan 22, 2019
calddon:
Good writeup, Good move.
Tecno, infinix, itel... everything transsion all in trouble. grin

I just hope the dont give us 'Xiaomi Nigeria' the same way KIA and Hyundai make vehicles targeted for the Nigerian markets that dont have second hand value because their bodies are made of plastics.

Bia @op its 'Transsion Holdings' not 'Transsision'
check the redmi note 7 knife test on YouTube, you will be amazed. The body and screen is anti scratch
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by XwhY(m): 8:16am On Jan 22, 2019
Good move by Xiaomi.
Already enjoying my own Redmi 5 plus
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 22, 2019
maasoap:

Gionee management board was the architect of Gionee's downfall. I still have my Gionee P2 of 2014 working perfectly and lying idle in my room. Not even a scratch on the screen, imagine!
Yes Gionee had bad management no doubt but in the course of winning the market In Africa they lost it. Other brands tried similar thing yet they failed so I doubt if Xiaomi will wrestle the market from tecno. This time around it will be difficult
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by maasoap(m): 8:19am On Jan 22, 2019
asuustrike1:

Yes Gionee is bankrupt but they gave a fight few years back in Africa. They couldn't compete favourably with tecno because it was difficult for them similar fate await Xiaomi. The African market isn't the same with European and American.

Can you stop this, please! It's becoming an obsession. Gionee became bankrupt and venturing into Africa wasn't one of the reasons they went bankrupt. People are buying Xiaomi increasingly since last two years but having stores and parts will encourage more people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 8:21am On Jan 22, 2019
Well Xiaomi is a good brand, no doubt but I don't think they can sweep Tecno and Infinix off their base in Nigeria that easily. It might be possible with itel but not Tecno and Infinix- at least not now.
What Gionee has not been able to do, is it Xiaomi that can do it?
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by onyidon21: 8:22am On Jan 22, 2019
MissingBudget:
Where is Huawei, Gioneee today in the Nigerian market? Transsion has existed for twelve years in Nigeria for a reason.

How many people can afford the quality of phones Xiaomi would make? Unless they lower their standards and therefore their prices, it would be difficult for them.
Ther reason why Huawei isn't doing so well in Nigeria is because their phones are relatively expensive, and of course you know that we Nigerians are averse to high-priced-products.
Gionee in the other hand isn't innovative, hence their woes.
With xiaomi having the best price to performance ratio, they will find it easy dominating the market.

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by maasoap(m): 8:23am On Jan 22, 2019
asuustrike1:

Yes Gionee had bad management no doubt but in the course of winning the market In Africa they lost it. Other brands tried similar thing yet they failed so I doubt if Xiaomi will wrestle the market from tecno. This time around it will be difficult

Good specs, cheap price! What is stopping many people from patronising them is non availability of parts. My first android was Tecno N3 in 2013. I have leant that tecno has become another expensive craps over the years but people still patronise them because they have parts readily available and there's no rival currently
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by colossus91(m): 8:23am On Jan 22, 2019
calddon:
Good writeup, Good move.
Tecno, infinix, itel... everything transsion all in trouble. grin

I just hope the dont give us 'Xiaomi Nigeria' the same way KIA and Hyundai make vehicles targeted for the Nigerian markets that dont have second hand value because their bodies are made of plastics.

Bia @op its 'Transsion Holdings' not 'Transsision'

but the transmission transmission grin

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 22, 2019
asuustrike1:

Tecno and Infinix are firmly rooted in Africa. Xiaomi can come and try but they can never shake those brands.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:24am On Jan 22, 2019
MissingBudget:
Where is Huawei, Gioneee today in the Nigerian market? Transsion has existed for twelve years in Nigeria for a reason.

How many people can afford the quality of phones Xiaomi would make? Unless they lower their standards and therefore their prices, it would be difficult for them.

You really think Xiaomi hasn't planned all that out
grin grin.

They made Redmi a sub brand to cater for things like that. The Redmi Note 7 has 4GB RAM, 4G Support, 48MP Camera , Snapdragon Chip, Quick Charge 4, 4000maH and more and it costs less than N60k

Trust me they know what they're doing and they're even planning to launch Android Go phones to take on the low-end iTel devices.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 22, 2019
maasoap:

Can you stop this, please! It's becoming an obsession. Gionee became bankrupt and venturing into Africa wasn't one of the reasons they went bankrupt. People are buying Xiaomi increasingly since last two years but having stores and parts will encourage more people
It is the truth. Let's look at Samsung another brand in Africa to analyzed. Samsung is a top brand in Europe and other continent yet their products are not visible to all. What I mean is that very few persons use their products compare to tecno. Haven't you wonder why their products are not accepted by many Africans inspite of their popularity?
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:25am On Jan 22, 2019
ClixMaster:
Tecno and Infinix are firmly rooted in Africa. Xiaomi can come and try but they can never shake those brands.

Don't underestimate Xiaomi grin

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:26am On Jan 22, 2019
asuustrike1:

It is the truth. Let's look at Samsung another brand in Africa to analyzed. Samsung is a top brand in Europe and other continent yet their products are not visible to all. What I mean is that very few persons use their products compare to tecno. Haven't you wonder why their products are not accepted by many Africans inspite of their popularity?

Samsung's major problem is pricing, bring the prices down and make it available to the common man and see if any other brand stands the test of time here.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 22, 2019
ClixMaster:
Exactly.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:27am On Jan 22, 2019
ClixMaster:
Well Xiaomi is a good brand, no doubt but I don't think they can sweep Tecno and Infinix off their base in Nigeria that easily. It might be possible with itel but not Tecno and Infinix- at least not now.
What Gionee has not been able to do, is it Xiaomi that can do it?

Xiaomi is better equipped than Gionee. C'mon they have multiple products and accessories. Transsion just has their phones with Oraimo made accessories

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by showeah: 8:29am On Jan 22, 2019
i use Xiaomi Redmi note 6 pro, everyone in my office want to buy the phone, very strong , good quality, i cant use any other phone again after using XIAOMI . top phone i swear..

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:29am On Jan 22, 2019
asuustrike1:

Yes Gionee is bankrupt but they gave a fight few years back in Africa. They couldn't compete favourably with tecno because it was difficult for them similar fate await Xiaomi. The African market isn't the same with European and American.

If Xiaomi could succeed in India. Nothing will stop them here

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 22, 2019
maasoap:

Good specs, cheap price! What is stopping many people from patronising them is non availability of parts. My first android was Tecno N3 in 2013. I have leant that tecno has become another expensive craps over the years but people still patronise them because they have parts readily available and there's no rival currently
Good specs and good price will do but is Xiaomi ready for that? There were many brands that came to the market with same story yet they are no more.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:30am On Jan 22, 2019
calddon:

Uwc. Once again nice writeup

Thanks smiley.. Please don't forget to subscribe cheesy
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Feranchek(m): 8:31am On Jan 22, 2019
donbenie:
You don't have to spend money to acquire a quality device from Xiaomi,their Redmi Note 5 Ai is already heads and shoulder above Camon 11 Pro and Infinix Note 5 Stylus and yet is far cheaper than both of these devices..

Very true bro. But I was even referring to their mi phones cos I luv big phones grin
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by stanley000: 8:32am On Jan 22, 2019
Sometimes I feel like opening my xioami to know how they managed such a slim device to work as perfectly and such a fluid UI yet so cheap, Xiaomi will really give Samsung and Hawai serious market issues..

Typing from my note 5A

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 22, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:

If Xiaomi could succeed in India. Nothing will stop them here
The India and Nigeria market are not the same. The Nigeria market are price sensitive and after sales service. Many Nigerians are price sensitive hence they use that in making their decisions
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by wasuka14(m): 8:33am On Jan 22, 2019
Wow, i just ordered for this phone a week ago frm amazon. I dont even knw they have plan to come to africa. Kudos more jobs to be created. uote author=NaijaTechGuy post=74991622]A couple of months ago Xiaomi Global Spokesman Donovan Sung made a post about their new store that launched in Spain and also asked for suggestions on where they should launch their next store and here’s what I said.

This means the expansion of Xiaomi had been on the cards for a while.

If you have been following up Xiaomi for a while, you would know that they tend to compete on the foreign market rather than their home country China due to the congestion.

Now, the company is looking to take things to the next level and come to Africa. On Sunday, Xiaomi announced the establishment of their African Regional Department and Wang Lingming (Xiaomi’s VP) was appointed as the manager of the department.

At the moment, in Africa we have over 1.2 billion people but the smartphone usage isn’t really too high and many people still use feature phones and because of this some phone brands don’t really do well in Africa. At the moment Transsision Holdings rules the African smartphone market with its three brands – itel, TECNO, and Infinix ranking at the very top in Africa in terms of market share.

In 2019, the Africa will become one of Xiaomi’s main pioneers in their international business, and their biggest rival here is Transsision Holdings.

What I Think About Xiaomi Coming To Africa

Xiaomi has everything it takes to succeed in Africa especially if it starts off with its recently established Redmi Brand. Redmi already have one of the core features that is missing in all the Transission brands – high quality specs at a low price. You can see how successful the Redmi Note 7 has been so far and we can guess how much the price would have been if it was a Transission product.

Transsision basically takes advantage of the mid-range and low-end smartphone market which is a strong competitive ground for Xiaomi. I believe this would also boost competition among the two brands.

Source - https://www.naijatechguy.com/2019/01/xiaomi-launches-in-africa.html

[/quote]
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by EmekaBlue(m): 8:33am On Jan 22, 2019
开公司找我.我是尼日利亚人,我可以说中文

I don send me cv out like this
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by stanley000: 8:33am On Jan 22, 2019
showeah:
i use Xiaomi Redmi note 6 pro, everyone in my office want to buy the phone, very strong , good quality, i cant use any other phone again after using XIAOMI . top phone i swear..
I swear I'm looking to buy that exact same phone. I'm currently using note 5A. How much did you get yours?
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:34am On Jan 22, 2019
asuustrike1:

The India and Nigeria market are not the same. The Nigeria market are price sensitive and after sales service. Many Nigerians are price sensitive hence they use that in making their decisions

You really don't know much about the Indian mobile market. Try to make some research. Why do you think Transsion also sells their phones in India
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by onyidon21: 8:39am On Jan 22, 2019
asuustrike1:

Xiaomi will have a difficult time competing with tecno in Africa. Samsung is loosing its relevance yet how much Xiaomi that thinks of penetrating
You seem not to understand my point.
Samsung is struggling in Africa because Africans are highly sensitive to price. With Xiaomi having the best price to performance ratio in the world, they will definitely dominate the market. It's yet to make an official presence in Africa yet it has a reasonable number of people using it here.
Now, you have to take this, there's absolutely nothing spectacular about Tecno. The reason why tecno is dominating tge market is because of ignorance about phone on the part of the market . There are many brands out there that can give good specs at better prices than tecno.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 22, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:

Don't underestimate Xiaomi grin
I have been in phone business for long to understand this baba grin. Tecno has watched mighty brands try and failed. Do you know that Tecno Mobile is in war with the new entrant, Tambo mobile? Tambo as we heard was once affiliated with Tecno mobile, until they decided to break away to produce their own power phones and super phones. The truth is that their basic phones are as strong as tecno with more interesting features but I don't see them shaking tecno off balance.
Xiaomi is welcome to try, but Tecno and Infinix are going nowhere cheesy. Itel feature phones remain the best selling in Nigeria but their smartphone range is in trouble.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Protein0: 8:43am On Jan 22, 2019
wehdone:

Sup bro... Make we talk. I need ur number for business... I will tag you somewhere.

I have ur number, I will call you. Thanks
Always open for biz
My number is on my signature kiss
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 22, 2019
India has a law which states "Before importing any product to India, it must be manufactured locally in India, this is why Apple is planning on building a production factory in India"

Africans just love using a product but we never aspire to learn or build our own, such laws should be in Nigeria and this will reduce the cost of importation, create more jobs and put the interest of Nigerians first
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 22, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:

Samsung's major problem is pricing, bring the prices down and make it available to the common man and see if any other brand stands the test of time here.
Pricing is what tecno has been using to sell their products. Their prices are cheap compare to other brands in Nigeria hence they will keep topping the market in Nigeria. Samsung refuses to reduce theis because they feel that their standard and quality might be low. The believe that whatever model they have in other countries should be the same in Nigeria. Their target is mostly the rich hence their market Penetration is low. Xiaomi will try their best but whether they are ready to reduce their price to compete favourably with tecno might be a difficult task. Reducing price may lead to reduction in quality too. This is the reason why Samsung couldn't penetrate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Glo Wap Manual Settings / Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store / Blackberry Users In The House, Does Whatsapp Still Function On Your Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.