Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,163 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix (21226 Views)

BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network / Carlcare Service: The Official Phone Repair Provider For Infinix, TECNO, Itel / As Apple Declines Tecno, Itel And Infinix Dominates Africa And Middle East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Protein0: 8:45am On Jan 22, 2019
stanley000:
I swear I'm looking to buy that exact same phone. I'm currently using note 5A. How much did you get yours?
I have in stock. You can have it today sef.
Pay on pick up kiss
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 22, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:

Xiaomi is better equipped than Gionee. C'mon they have multiple products and accessories. Transsion just has their phones with Oraimo made accessories
We dey wait for them nah grin
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 22, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:

Samsung's major problem is pricing, bring the prices down and make it available to the common man and see if any other brand stands the test of time here.
True
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by shalomt4321: 8:48am On Jan 22, 2019
lmao this is infuriating
how would you say xiaomi should come and compete against techno and infinix, what bullsh**
Xiaomi has gone way behind tecno and infinix
xiaomi is on one plus level, etc
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by maasoap(m): 8:59am On Jan 22, 2019
asuustrike1:

Good specs and good price will do but is Xiaomi ready for that? There were many brands that came to the market with same story yet they are no more.

They didn't provide what people need: customer care centers and spare parts.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by eleojo23: 8:59am On Jan 22, 2019
All of you arguing for Tecno up and down, wait till Xiaomi enter Naija then una go know how far.

If their phones continue to sell at the current prices, then its only a matter of time before Tecno goes into coma.

Those of us who use Xiaomi phones know how much attention it draws when people see them. And when you tell them to guess the price, they will be quoting high figures because of the specs. But they usually get shocked when they realise that the price is far less than what they were imagining.

Shebi Nigerians are crazy about battery? Y'all don't worry, Xiaomi's got you covered.

About spare parts, you won't really be needing them unless you are a careless phone user. Sure accidents can happen but unless it's very serious, their phones usually survive it. Been using my phone for more than a year now with no reason whatsoever to look for spare parts.

And besides, I believe when they come, they will come with spare parts too.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 22, 2019
onyidon21:
You seem not to understand my point.
Samsung is struggling in Africa because Africans are highly sensitive to price. With Xiaomi having the best price to performance ratio in the world, they will definitely dominate the market. It's yet to make an official presence in Africa yet it has a reasonable number of people using it here.
Now, you have to take this, there's absolutely nothing spectacular about Tecno. The reason why tecno is dominating tge market is because of ignorance about phone on the part of the market . There are many brands out there that can give good specs at better prices than tecno.
And you think Xiaomi will wrestle the market from their competitor just like that?
On the basis of market position, market shares, brand image, resources capacities, and domination power (degree of control over others), there are broadly four types of competitors, such as:

1. Market Leaders

2. Market Challengers

3. Market Followers

4. Market Nichers.

1.Market leader has the largest market share in the relevant product in the industry. It has a a dominant position in the market. Obviously, it leads other firms in new product development, price change, distribution coverage, promotional activities, and novel experiments. This is were tecno falls in
2.Market challengers are known as runner-up firms. They occupy second, third and lower ranks in an industry. This is what Xiaomi tend to be
Market challengers are capable to attack the leader and other competitors. Sometimes, capable challengers can overtake the leader. However this might be difficult task as a market leader enjoys large economies of scale. The market leader can reduce their price to point that the market challenger runs of the market. I don't want to bore you with detailed lectures on this as this just a surface note..
The reality on ground is that can Xiaomi compete with tecno based on price? Tecno is ready to reduce their price to point that xiaomi may pack out
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by maasoap(m): 9:03am On Jan 22, 2019
asuustrike1:

It is the truth. Let's look at Samsung another brand in Africa to analyzed. Samsung is a top brand in Europe and other continent yet their products are not visible to all. What I mean is that very few persons use their products compare to tecno. Haven't you wonder why their products are not accepted by many Africans inspite of their popularity?

The answer is price. The specs of low priced Samsung phones are very ridiculous
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 22, 2019
maasoap:

They didn't provide what people need: customer care centers and spare parts.
A good example is Gionee. Gionee before the fall had customer care centers and spare parts in many parts of Nigeria yet their products didn't sell much compare to tecno. Haven't you wonder why?
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Just2endowed2(m): 9:05am On Jan 22, 2019
Jahzrockballer:
This News made my morning cheesy cheesy cheesy
Next should be Huawei and Oppo

HUAWEI is already on Nigeria Na..... Where have you been? Huawei has service center in Ikeja lagos Nigeria.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Elzionee: 9:05am On Jan 22, 2019
I've been waiting for this development..Time for the whacks ans Quacks to up their games or leave.. especially the Tecno and infinix....Just that Nigeria likes cheap and not Quality... I'm a Samsung user though from day one...
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by xjiggy: 9:06am On Jan 22, 2019
Nothing like competition there. Na complete takeover
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by maasoap(m): 9:07am On Jan 22, 2019
asuustrike1:

A good example is Gionee. Gionee before the fall had customer care centers and spare parts in many parts of Nigeria yet their products didn't sell much compare to tecno. Haven't you wonder why?

Gionee products were more expensive than tecno phones. Secondly, they didn't do enough on adverts unlike tecno. Then, their chairman gambled away their fortunes
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Elzionee: 9:08am On Jan 22, 2019
maasoap:

Bros And You can't compare their Functionality with each other..i have own Tecno,Infinix and Samsung of same spec yet the Tecno and Infinix couldn't live up to their specs but Samsung performed well and again that's where Quality comes to mind and that justify the price.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 22, 2019
maasoap:

Exactly! Samsung do not want to reduce standad and quality like what tecno is doing. The cost for keeping to such standard is high price
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Delivar(m): 9:11am On Jan 22, 2019
MRSAMWEBTECHIE:
I foresee this was going to happen.

Tecno will now start to man up now.
And stop using those mt6580 plastics
You think it's everyone that can afford Snapdragon metals. Phones like Tecno are there to care for those with small budgets or else many people wouldn't be able to afford a smartphone. Imagine a situation where Apple and Samsung S9 are they only phones available. I believe you wouldn't be on Nairaland with a smartphone by now typing that comment. Your nation is very poor and you are recommending them to use high end phones. That's funny.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by maasoap(m): 9:13am On Jan 22, 2019
Elzionee:

Bros And You can't compare their Functionality with each other.. i have own Tecno,Infinix and Samsung of same spec yet the Tecno and Infinix couldn't live up to their specs but Samsung performed well and again that's where Quality comes to mind and that justify the price.

Of the same specs you said? Don't make me laugh here. Tecno or infinix with same specs with Samsung phone will be N50k and 300k in prices respectively.
What I meant was that if Samsung offers a low priced phone at 30k, the specs will be so ridiculous that you would prefer buying tecno or Itel with that 30k.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Delivar(m): 9:14am On Jan 22, 2019
lilmax:
lol

is xiaomi ready to make substandard products?

because Africans like LOW products not quality
Not because they like it, but because that's what they can afford. High quality products costs money. You shouldn't blame them.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 22, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:

You really don't know much about the Indian mobile market. Try to make some research. Why do you think Transsion also sells their phones in India
I may not understand the India market because I haven't done studies there however I understand the Nigeria market very well. The Nigeria market is the topic of discussion anyway since Xiaomi wants to sell their products here. The way we perceive a product over here is different from India hence you can't use India market to judge if a brand will do well in Nigeria. Tecno has penetrated the market so deep that it might be difficult for other brands to enter. Nokia android is still struggling to sell their brands inspite of the publicity.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Delivar(m): 9:16am On Jan 22, 2019
seunfly:
Now people will know what smartphone is not tecno with 2016 low range processor and then slam 70k on it.
If you want high quality be ready to spend more. The issue is can you even buy a high quality Tecno phone if Tecno makes one?
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by JeffreyJames(m): 9:18am On Jan 22, 2019
Now they will have my attention
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Delivar(m): 9:18am On Jan 22, 2019
pawesome:
Now a PHONE is in the market... Not all those telephone wey we de see upandan
Phones have always been in the market. iPhones have been in the market but can you afford it? The answer is very likely a big NO.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 22, 2019
maasoap:

Gionee products were more expensive than tecno phones. Secondly, they didn't do enough on adverts unlike tecno. Then, their chairman gambled away their fortunes
So you see why. Many Nigerians may have bought Xiaomi at cheaper price, many wouldn't know if their products will be cheap compare tecno should they start off. Cheap doesn't mean N1,000 or N2,000 different but something reasonable.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Delivar(m): 9:21am On Jan 22, 2019
Lxxl:
please stop insulting Xiaomi by comparing it to those shitty itel tecno infinix et al wack phones.
Those so called shitty phones has helped alot of people. Unfortunately you only think about yourself. Just because you can afford an iPhone doesn't mean the low end phones are not helping other people with low budget out. Besides, which one has your country produced sef.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by maasoap(m): 9:21am On Jan 22, 2019
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Delivar(m): 9:25am On Jan 22, 2019
tuzle:
Finally Xiomi has come to save me from tecno and infinix product
I hope you can afford the higher price that comes with higher quality. Nobody forced you to buy Tecno and itel. iPhones and Samsung have been there why didn't you buy them instead?
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Delivar(m): 9:28am On Jan 22, 2019
danjumakolo:
Xiomi not coming to Nigeria to compete with techno and co but with iPhone,Sammy, Nokia etc
Don't mind those guys jubilating up there. By the time the feel the price tag of Xiaomi they will run back to Tecno as their Lord and saviour.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by tyaccess(m): 9:30am On Jan 22, 2019
please if you know about any job vacancy, kindly link me up, I'm in dire need of job. Save a soulí ½í¹í ¼í¿¼ BSc. holder with knowledge of graphic designing and base in Ibadan o8o 38o 444 six 7
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Ferrous(m): 9:36am On Jan 22, 2019
MissingBudget:

How much is your Xiaomi?
I bought mine 42k, last year March
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 22, 2019
Delivar:

You think it's everyone that can afford Snapdragon metals. Phones like Tecno are there to care for those with small budgets or else many people wouldn't be able to afford a smartphone. Imagine a situation where Apple and Samsung S9 are they only phones available. I believe you wouldn't be on Nairaland with a smartphone by now typing that comment. Your nation is very poor and you are recommending them to use high end phones. That's funny.

Is there a price for having an iPhone?
I gat 6 and 7 apples here.

Funny thing is jst for showoff.

I explore high end and mid range druid devices the most..

U must a tecno marketer.
I gave my aunt little kid ur product tho
Canon cx tho.

Piece of hanging trash.

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Felixv: 9:47am On Jan 22, 2019
Are they going to assembly their phones here or turn us into a dumping ground.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Glo Wap Manual Settings / Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store / Blackberry Users In The House, Does Whatsapp Still Function On Your Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.