Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix (21229 Views)

BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network / Carlcare Service: The Official Phone Repair Provider For Infinix, TECNO, Itel / As Apple Declines Tecno, Itel And Infinix Dominates Africa And Middle East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by loveliveshere: 9:49am On Jan 22, 2019
oyepaulkay:
Xiaomi about to shake the tables.

Quality smartphones at affordable prices.

grin

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime.

Please did you order from aliexpress, if yes did you pay custom charges?
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by loveliveshere: 9:51am On Jan 22, 2019
eleojo23:
All of you arguing for Tecno up and down, wait till Xiaomi enter Naija then una go know how far.

If their phones continue to sell at the current prices, then its only a matter of time before Tecno goes into coma.

Those of us who use Xiaomi phones know how much attention it draws when people see them. And when you tell them to guess the price, they will be quoting high figures because of the specs. But they usually get shocked when they realise that the price is far less than what they were imagining.

Shebi Nigerians are crazy about battery? Y'all don't worry, Xiaomi's got you covered.

About spare parts, you won't really be needing them unless you are a careless phone user. Sure accidents can happen but unless it's very serious, their phones usually survive it. Been using my phone for more than a year now with no reason whatsoever to look for spare parts.

And besides, I believe when they come, they will come with spare parts too.

Please how did you order for your phone. I want to get a redmi 6a from aliexpress but I am scared I will be slammed with custom charges
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:54am On Jan 22, 2019
asuustrike1:

Pricing is what tecno has been using to sell their products. Their prices are cheap compare to other brands in Nigeria hence they will keep topping the market in Nigeria. Samsung refuses to reduce theis because they feel that their standard and quality might be low. The believe that whatever model they have in other countries should be the same in Nigeria. Their target is mostly the rich hence their market Penetration is low. Xiaomi will try their best but whether they are ready to reduce their price to compete favourably with tecno might be a difficult task. Reducing price may lead to reduction in quality too. This is the reason why Samsung couldn't penetrate

The Redmi sub brand of Xiaomi would handle all of that. Look at the specs of the Redmi Note 7. Imagine the price Tecno or Infinix would have sold it. Xiaomi would give the Transsion brands a lot to worry about. They better start planning ways of facing this new threat. If Xiaomi is threatening to unseat the top brands globally who is Transission that they won't threaten

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Delivar(m): 9:56am On Jan 22, 2019
MRSAMWEBTECHIE:

Is there a price for having an iPhone?
I gat 6 and 7 apples here.

Funny thing is jst for showoff.

I explore high end and mid range druid devices the most..

U must a tecno marketer.
I gave my aunt little kid ur product tho
Canon cx tho.

Piece of hanging trash.
I am not a Tecno marketer. I am only posting with common sense. The point I am trying to make is that you should not condemn what is actually helping some other people just because you feel you can afford the premium products. Without Tecno a lot of people wouldn't own smartphones so I will say Tecno is not actually useless cos they are filling a void. It's just like being broke and using Tecno, then eventually you became rich and purchased an iPhone and started condemning Tecno that helped you when you were poor.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by pawesome(m): 10:02am On Jan 22, 2019
Delivar:

Phones have always been in the market. iPhones have been in the market but can you afford it? The answer is very likely a big NO.
bros why? I call your name? embarassed cry
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by eleojo23: 10:03am On Jan 22, 2019
loveliveshere:

Please how did you order for your phone. I want to get a redmi 6a from aliexpress but I am scared I will be slammed with custom charges

I ordered by myself and there was no custom charge but that was in 2017.
If you are scared of custom charge, buy from Jumia or contact Protein0

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by freeman67: 10:03am On Jan 22, 2019
lilmax:
lol

is xiaomi ready to make substandard products?

because Africans like LOW products not quality

The standard and quality phones they make are more affordable than than even some substandard one around here.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Delivar(m): 10:03am On Jan 22, 2019
pawesome:
Not really attacking you. Wanted to pass a message across.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by eleojo23: 10:05am On Jan 22, 2019
pawesome:

grin grin
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by winkmart: 10:22am On Jan 22, 2019
priceaction:
Long overdue. Xiaomi makes me see and believe that there is different between phone and phone. Their hype and Internet recommendations built my curiosity to get one of their phones and never regretted almost 6 months now. Talk of quality over crap for far less price, with swag, xiaomi get it right. If they penetrate well to Nigeria with service centers, tecno and her cabals will soon go out of market.

Which model are you using and how much... Thanks
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by tuzle(m): 10:30am On Jan 22, 2019
Delivar:

I hope you can afford the higher price that comes with higher quality. Nobody forced you to buy Tecno and itel. iPhones and Samsung have been there why didn't you buy them instead?
why I said so is because xiomi is a good quality phone with price ranging below 100k, but u can't find a quality iPhone or Samsung at that price and most tecno, infinix phones are sold at that price

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 22, 2019
Xiaomi phones remains my best brand. Currently, I have 3 Xiaomi phones...note 4x( bought February 2018 and have no single issue till date), Redmi note 5( no single issue) and now am rocking Mi 8...6gig ram and 128gig rom...
Xiaomi phones are beast...infact it's the only phone I can use self.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by twixx(f): 10:54am On Jan 22, 2019
[b][/b]
Jahzrockballer:
This News made my morning cheesy cheesy cheesy
Next should be Huawei and Oppo
Oppo cool

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by EazyMoh(m): 10:55am On Jan 22, 2019
asuustrike1:

Pricing is what tecno has been using to sell their products. Their prices are cheap compare to other brands in Nigeria hence they will keep topping the market in Nigeria. Samsung refuses to reduce theis because they feel that their standard and quality might be low. The believe that whatever model they have in other countries should be the same in Nigeria. Their target is mostly the rich hence their market Penetration is low. Xiaomi will try their best but whether they are ready to reduce their price to compete favourably with tecno might be a difficult task. Reducing price may lead to reduction in quality too. This is the reason why Samsung couldn't penetrate
stop repeating that price sensitivity line.
Xiaomi is actually cheaper than Tecno in all aspects.
Take Infinix Note 5 versus Xiaomi A2 lite for example.
Both run AndroidOne OS, have about the same screen size, but the A2 runs on Snapdragon while the Infinx uses the power draining Mediatek, so at the end the battery on the Xiaomi lasts longer.
The Xiaomi also has a dual rear camera against the Note 5's single.
And both are basically the same price.
Nobody who knows smartphone performance would pick the Note 5 over the A2 lite, because the latter is better in every aspect.
Xiaomi has not been called the best value for money smartphone of the world for nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by roughcoin12: 10:58am On Jan 22, 2019
hilario12:
Xiaomi phones remains my best brand. Currently, I have 3 Xiaomi phones...note 4x( bought February 2018 and have no single issue till date), Redmi note 5( no single issue) and now am rocking Mi 8...6gig ram and 128gig rom...
please message on WhatsApp let's discuss 07067411836

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by loveliveshere: 10:59am On Jan 22, 2019
eleojo23:

I ordered by myself and there was no custom charge but that was in 2017.
If you are scared of custom charge, buy from Jumia or contact Protein0
Thanks a lot.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Cadec007(m): 11:03am On Jan 22, 2019
Jahzrockballer:
This News made my morning cheesy cheesy cheesy
Next should be Huawei and Oppo
I swear guy!!! Have you seen the Oppo find 7 and Find X?..... Clean Af!!!

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Cadec007(m): 11:05am On Jan 22, 2019
hilario12:
sir dash me one let me see how good they are... cheesy
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 22, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:

The Redmi sub brand of Xiaomi would handle all of that. Look at the specs of the Redmi Note 7. Imagine the price Tecno or Infinix would have sold it. Xiaomi would give the Transsion brands a lot to worry about. They better start planning ways of facing this new threat. If Xiaomi is threatening to unseat the top brands globally who is Transission that they won't threaten
Am watching
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 22, 2019
EazyMoh:

stop repeating that price sensitivity line.
Xiaomi is actually cheaper than Tecno in all aspects.
Take Infinix Note 5 versus Xiaomi A2 lite for example.
Both run AndroidOne OS, have about the same screen size, but the A2 runs on Snapdragon while the Infinx uses the power draining Mediatek, so at the end the battery on the Xiaomi lasts longer.
The Xiaomi also has a dual rear camera against the Note 5's single.
And both are basically the same price.
Nobody who knows smartphone performance would pick the Note 5 over the A2 lite, because the latter is better in every aspect.
Xiaomi has not been called the best value for money smartphone of the world for nothing.
You know nothing about marketing.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by EazyMoh(m): 11:19am On Jan 22, 2019
asuustrike1:

You know nothing about marketing.
Oh so now the strength of Techno is in Marketing and no longer low price
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 22, 2019
EazyMoh:

Oh so now the strength of Techno is in Marketing and no longer low price
When I said you know nothing about marketing indeed you don't. If you do you understand that to sell a product you apply the 4P's effectively
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by EazyMoh(m): 11:37am On Jan 22, 2019
asuustrike1:

When I said you know nothing about marketing indeed you don't. If you do you understand that to sell a product you apply the 4P's effectively
Lol, the only reason you feel encouraged to post like 20 comments on this topic is because Xiaomi has not completed the 4 PS. The place and the promotion. Which this topic is all about.
But in terms of the combination of product quality and pricing, no any smartphone company beata Xiaomi globally today.
By bring the product to Africa (place) and promoting it Techno/Infinx stands no chance against Xiaomi onslaught.
just like Atiku doesn't stand a chance against Buhari next month.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by sanerugwei: 11:45am On Jan 22, 2019
NaijaTechGuy:

You really think Xiaomi hasn't planned all that out
grin grin.

They made Redmi a sub brand to cater for things like that. The Redmi Note 7 has 4GB RAM, 4G Support, 48MP Camera , Snapdragon Chip, Quick Charge 4, 4000maH and more and it costs less than N60k

Trust me they know what they're doing and they're even planning to launch Android Go phones to take on the low-end iTel devices.

60k for where?
How much is their note5 not to talk of note6.
where you see note7 for 60k mbok?
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 22, 2019
EazyMoh:

Lol, the only reason you feel encouraged to post like 20 comments on this topic is because Xiaomi has not completed the 4 PS. The place and the promotion. Which this topic is all about.
But in terms of the combination of product quality and pricing, no any smartphone company beata Xiaomi globally today.
By bring the product to Africa (place) and promoting it Techno/Infinx stands no chance against Xiaomi onslaught.
just like Atiku doesn't stand a chance against Buhari next month.
I laugh angry grin grin grin grin grin grin. That a product does well in some countries doesn't mean it will in Nigeria or Africa. Xiaomi should be ready for fierce battle if they enter the African market. But I pity them their standard will fall on the long run. Samsung were not foolish when they stick to premium quality
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 22, 2019
Delivar:

I am not a Tecno marketer. I am only posting with common sense. The point I am trying to make is that you should not condemn what is actually helping some other people just because you feel you can afford the premium products. Without Tecno a lot of people wouldn't own smartphones so I will say Tecno is not actually useless cos they are filling a void. It's just like being broke and using Tecno, then eventually you became rich and purchased an iPhone and started condemning Tecno that helped you when you were poor.
grin grin grin
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Olubidex: 11:52am On Jan 22, 2019
asuustrike1:

The India and Nigeria market are not the same. The Nigeria market are price sensitive and after sales service. Many Nigerians are price sensitive hence they use that in making their decisions

And you think India isn't price sensitive. In my opinion Indian and Nigerian market are characteristically similar.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 22, 2019
Cadec007:
sir dash me one let me see how good they are... cheesy

Lol...very funny

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 22, 2019
roughcoin12:
please message on WhatsApp let's discuss 07067411836

Ok no p
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 22, 2019
Xiaomi phones are not expensive when compared to the likes of infinix and techno...price seems equal but value of Xiaomi is higher. Xiaomi, Huawei, OnePlus e.t.c. can be compared together not with infinix and techno sha
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by Newmans: 12:56pm On Jan 22, 2019
As they are coming let their competition be on there prices and not only on there products

MEAN WHILE -

since they are not yet here, to keep enjoying that your own I mean the one you have at hand now your phones tablets and laptop's pls call or WhatsApp this numb 08186392863 for services and repair.
Ikeja is the area computer village is the venue. 08186392863.
Re: Xiaomi Launches In Africa To Compete Against Tecno, Itel And Infinix by akinis09: 1:36pm On Jan 22, 2019
I really give kudos to tecno, infinix and itel for enabling Africans to feel the touch of android phone in time with their pocket friendly price back then. The funny thing is that we africans now think we owe them some favour for that act. A act we've been paying ridiculously/awfully for, for years. Imagine in this age they are still releasing device with 1 GB of ram with ridiculous price when u can get a phone with good ram for the same price range, and also they barely push os update to their device, instead they will release similar phone with some change on the value of the camera mp and some little features with the same processor chip.(though xiaomi is also caught in such act but with xiaomi device, u will not get much different with their miui update and u get to enjoy all the features of the new os).
So xiaomi coming to Africa will surely open our eyes to lot of things( like value for money, "optional" customization like getting a phone and serving u for 3 to 4 years by unlocking btld and flashing custom os with latest feature just like new device) the same way tecno use price to win us over.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Glo Wap Manual Settings / Google Removes UC Browser From Play Store / Blackberry Users In The House, Does Whatsapp Still Function On Your Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.