Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,705 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho (18129 Views)

Breaking Jose Mourinho “appointed” As Super Eagles Head Coach / NBA Opens First Floating Basket Ball Court In Lagos / Mark Clattenburg: "I Once Threw My Boots At Mourinho" - EPL Referee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho by ogbiwa: 9:27am On Jan 22, 2019
After the 'spygate' scandal at Leeds, Mourinho confirmed he had hidden in a laundry basket in 2005 for Chelsea's Champions League quarter-final against Bayern Munich after receiving a two-game touchline ban.

"I need to be with my players and I did it yeah," he said.

"I go to the dressing room during the day so I was there from midday and the game is seven o'clock. I just want to be in the dressing room when the players arrive. I went there and nobody saw me. The problem was to leave after. And the kit man put me in the basket. It was a little bit open so I could breathe.

"But when he was taking it outside the dressing room, the Uefa guys were following and desperate to find me so he closed the box and I couldn't breathe. When he opened the box I was dying."

'One player asked me not to criticise him in training'

At various points Mourinho was critical of winger Anthony Martial, full-back Luke Shaw and striker Marcus Rashford, who has been re-born under interim boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

But he outlined how one player asked not to be criticised in training which Mourinho thought was a sign of modern players being too sensitive.

"Recently, when I was coaching one player he told me and he was very polite, 'please when you criticise me can you do it in private'," he said.
"I told him why? 'Because of my stature, in front of the other players when you criticise me I don't feel comfortable'.

"Nowadays you have to be very smart in the way you read your players, and try to create the best situation."

He contrasted the situation with that of former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba, with whom he worked at Stamford Bridge when he twice won the Premier League in 2005 and 2006.

"With Drogba, he is the kind of player that the more pressure from the manager, the more quality in his performance," Mourinho added.
"There are some players where if you squeeze them they answer in the best way.
"There are other mentalities and personalities and the reaction is not the best. They were brought up in a different way, an easier social life, coming to the top level of football, everything came too easy to them.
"Some of them they don't react in the same way. Certain moments, some strong public words, some of them have some risk."

Mourinho said that his philosophy depended on the team he was managing, but rejected accusations that his sides were defensive or 'parked the bus'.

He cited the football played during his first stint at Chelsea and said: "You know when the [parking the bus] reputation started?
"It was when I was champions with Real Madrid with 100 points and 106 goals - the record of Spanish football."

He also hinted that he was not as well supported as Guardiola and Klopp.

That is despite spending a then world record transfer fee of £89m for Paul Pogba and £75m on striker Romelu Lukaku. In all Mourinho spent £400m on players during his time in charge at Old Trafford.

He said: "At Man City in the first season Guardiola was not a champion. In the second season Pep made great decisions but those that were supported. In the same summer he sold four full-backs and bought four backs.

"At Liverpool how many players were there before Jurgen Klopp arrived? If you are a manager and you [are able] to choose the players to follow your idea, that's one thing. The other thing is when you are not able to do that."

Mourinho also confirmed that has rejected 3 job offers since being sacked by Manchester United.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46934706

5 Likes

Re: I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho by logon599: 9:34am On Jan 22, 2019
The "mouthed" one undecided

Do you need affordable and professional Architectural designs? See my signature below or checkout my profile. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho by darocha1: 10:09am On Jan 22, 2019
Jose elenu
Re: I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho by presido997(m): 12:05pm On Jan 22, 2019
Third to comment again!!!!

1 Like

Re: I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho by amalab30(m): 12:05pm On Jan 22, 2019
Business man.

1 Like

Re: I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho by Pidginwhisper: 12:06pm On Jan 22, 2019
The Special One grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho by hisexcellency34: 12:06pm On Jan 22, 2019
Man United is an ungrateful club. Mourinho should go to Barca or Arsenal

7 Likes

Re: I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho by chloride6: 12:07pm On Jan 22, 2019
angry angry

'One player asked me not to criticise him in training'

At various points Mourinho was critical of winger Anthony Martial, full-back Luke Shaw and striker Marcus Rashford, who has been re-born under interim boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

But he outlined how one player asked not to be criticised in training which Mourinho thought was a sign of modern players being too sensitive.

"Recently, when I was coaching one player he told me and he was very polite, 'please when you criticise me can you do it in private'," he said.
"I told him why? 'Because of my stature, in front of the other players when you criticise me I don't feel comfortable'.

When you pay him armed robber money, why wont he feel big?

3 Likes

Re: I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho by ShitHead(m): 12:07pm On Jan 22, 2019
He should have remained there.
Re: I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho by OmoManU: 12:07pm On Jan 22, 2019
Baba wayray
Re: I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho by AmigoDeDon(m): 12:13pm On Jan 22, 2019
Ok Jose Mourinho
Re: I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho by nepapole(m): 12:14pm On Jan 22, 2019
Muniru...ticket cutter. grin grin

12 Likes

Re: I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho by jacob839(m): 12:15pm On Jan 22, 2019
Mourinho always trying to be defensive. He's no more the special one. he's now d sacked one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho by Olajah81: 12:18pm On Jan 22, 2019
Three stories in one headlines...

3 Likes

Re: I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho by Feranchek(m): 12:20pm On Jan 22, 2019
My niggie. After what he did for me at inter milan, I've become a FOREVER fan of the EVER special one!

3 Likes

Re: I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 22, 2019
Mourinho.....enu po
Re: I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho by izzy4shizzy(m): 12:25pm On Jan 22, 2019
Re: I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho by ajoguegbe(m): 12:26pm On Jan 22, 2019
Laundry is something very crucial. We know you sometimes find it difficult, So we have come up with a world class affordable service that makes us to come pick up your clother, clean, iron and drop them back. If you need only ironing, we can also help

Call us today 08188400001
Visit: https://laundry.cleaneat.com.ng

1 Like

Re: I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho by izzy4shizzy(m): 12:26pm On Jan 22, 2019
2019 arsrne wenger
Re: I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho by izzy4shizzy(m): 12:28pm On Jan 22, 2019
hisexcellency34:

We both rejeect him in jesus name

2 Likes

Re: I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho by Topmaike007(m): 12:28pm On Jan 22, 2019
Elenu coach
Re: I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho by kushercain: 12:30pm On Jan 22, 2019
When he hid in a basket, the passion was still burning then. Now only his arrogance and pride is burning and it burnt him. He should go to barca

3 Likes

Re: I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho by dominique(f): 12:31pm On Jan 22, 2019
hisexcellency34:

We no want thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho by Greenhero(m): 12:34pm On Jan 22, 2019
Foolish bus parker!
Re: I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho by chiboy1116: 12:35pm On Jan 22, 2019
. honestly I think Mou might be right wm, cos he wasn't given the privilege like kloop and pep to sign the players he wants , edwood was the one in charge , and all his transfers were bullshit (most of the players didn't fit mourinhos plan) , just look at Fred.

2 Likes

Re: I Once Hid In A Laundry Basket - Jose Mourinho by able1993(m): 12:36pm On Jan 22, 2019
Mourinho too much, he loves the game, he wants to win, but human management quite bad, man is still gonna do wonders though...

Do you want to get motivated about life or you need some form of inspiration, advice or want to take decisive decisions about life, do you also want to learn about the contemporary great men and how they made it, business and academic strategies to succeed, then visit www.motivate.com.ng

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm Proud To Be Your Last Record Signing - Aubameyang Tells Wenger / Lucy Bronze Named The Best FIFA Women’s Player Of The Year For 2020 / Jurgen Klopp Demands Liverpool Replay Against Tottenham After VAR Error

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.