Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,846 members, 7,806,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

Air France Worst Customer Service. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air France Worst Customer Service. (9409 Views)

Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' / Photos Of The Explosive Found In The Toilet Of An Air France Flight / Air France Flight Forced To Land In Kenya After Bomb Was Found In Toilet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Air France Worst Customer Service. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 16, 2010
^^^^check for yourself: http://www.skyteam.com/
Re: Air France Worst Customer Service. by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 17, 2010
Re: Air France Worst Customer Service. by Iyineda(m): 9:19am On Aug 17, 2010
If I ever had problems on an Air France flight to Nigeria or from Nigeria, it was always because of the NIGERIANS on board. They always seem so tense and stressed. They talk with agressive tones, always see issues where there shouldn't be (seats allocation, luggage space, etc).

As a Nigerian myself, I sometimes feel embarassed when I fly with a plane full of Nigerians. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying most of us are ill-mannered; I'm just saying some can be unbearable.
I always fly with Air France / KLM and have never had anything close to an altercation with the on-board staff.

2 Likes

Re: Air France Worst Customer Service. by Moves: 1:45pm On Aug 17, 2010
Am a silver memeber of the flying Blue program; Airfrance from london; especially london city airport, very pleasant; Airfrance connecting in CDG never pleasant for me, am jinxed with CDG always one drama or another which most likely leads to me missing my flight, so I tend to go through schipol, via KLM if am heading to nigeria, from experience All airlines can mess up , it is the just the way they handle their mess up that differentiate them
Re: Air France Worst Customer Service. by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 17, 2010
@ poster shut D F up, stop spoiling peoples business. According to your first paragraph you have been flying with this same airline right? Ok, just because of one time whatever, u now came here saying sh.it about them, Who is your witness? who know ur fck up and their response that must have provoked you so good. grin
Re: Air France Worst Customer Service. by Vicjustice: 4:42pm On Aug 17, 2010
REALITY101:

@ poster shut D F up, stop spoiling peoples business. According to your first paragraph you have been flying with this same airline right? Ok, just because of one time whatever, u now came here saying sh.it about them, Who is your witness? who know your fck up and their response that must have provoked you so good. grin
You should shut up! You should know English enough to understand that the poster made remark about himself, his wife and his children. . . So, doesn't it occur in your mind that you're referring to a full man?
Well, as a Nigerian, you're supposed to have been trained on how to respect your seniors, and i don't know if hiding behind your computer keyboard gave you the courage to throw moronic insults at your seniors.
Re: Air France Worst Customer Service. by superstar1(m): 5:16pm On Aug 17, 2010
Why are people always running to nairaland to complain of any experience they have with the service industry , if it is not banks, it is airlines, we should endeavour to contact the organisations to lodge our complaints 1st before coming to nairaland to spew rubbish. and the worst part off it is most of the people that run to to nairaland as their saviours are not better off at their own workplace. It is high time seun stop moving all this nonsense complaint thread to front page, this will definately stop the way people come around to complain of this bank, that bank, this airline, that airline, why can't you complain of PHCN? spare me jare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Air France Worst Customer Service. by chika98: 5:24pm On Aug 17, 2010
superstar1:

Why are people always running to nairaland to complain of any experience they have with the service industry , if it is not banks, it is airlines, we should endeavour to contact the organisations to lodge our complaints 1st before coming to nairaland to spew rubbish. and the worst part off it is most of the people that run to to nairaland as their saviours are not better off at their own workplace. It is high time seun stop moving all this nonsense complaint thread to front page, this will definately stop the way people come around to complain of this bank, that bank, this airline, that airline, why can't you complain of PHCN? spare me jare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The most un-calculated response I've read in a long while. Why don't you read up and UNDERSTAND before you reply?
Re: Air France Worst Customer Service. by cold(m): 7:13pm On Aug 17, 2010
superstar1:

Vicjustice:

You should shut up! You should know English enough to understand that the poster made remark about himself, his wife and his children. . . So, doesn't it occur in your mind that you're referring to a full man?
Well, as a Nigerian, you're supposed to have been trained on how to respect your seniors, and i don't know if hiding behind your computer keyboard gave you the courage to throw moronic insults at your seniors.
When people like these 'infest' a thread,you know it is time to move on
Re: Air France Worst Customer Service. by shilling(f): 6:39am On Aug 18, 2010
That's certainly horrific.

That's why I stick to Delta, occasionally KLM.
Re: Air France Worst Customer Service. by marcus1234: 6:41am On Aug 18, 2010
Re: Air France Worst Customer Service. by HANGER2010: 3:48pm On Aug 18, 2010
It is sad to know some pple didnt see the moral of the poster's story and that is disheartening. One cannot claim to have it all well in a particular flight until he/she gets burnt, and it will always happen.

I have learnt never to be too comfortable with all these flights especially with BA. Before now I believed it was the best to stick to one carrier until British Airways messed up my wife and two-month old baby with no remorse or apology.

I have refused to be weighed down by their inhumane act but moved on because you can only fight a little.
Re: Air France Worst Customer Service. by Orilee9ice(m): 4:05pm On Aug 18, 2010
@ Asiwaju
I am sooOOOoooooo  suprised at your piece here about Air France (if it were BA, i would have said without a shadow of doubt, SPOT ON!) BUT AIR FRANCE/KLM, no! I have flown with them a few times this year to 9ja on my Silver Card, and each time had been better than the last, this last one (last month-July)i went with Air-france and came back with KLM and it was excellent, and they always ask me if i want more Bread rolls and Hot-food, even after they had given me one already, are you really sure it was AIR FRANCE  
IF it were BA, WELL DONT JUST GET ME STARTED angry angry angry
And the bit about the check in encounter , i am utterly surprised at that 2, cos they have always been very nice 2 me and my family,  hummmmm cant put my finger on this one here,

although if i can recollect, on one of my connecting flights in Paris it was the "i gonna gonna" passengers (US "bobo una" citizens)  shocked cool grin that delayed us for nearly one and half hours with their "i-too-know and "i gonna gonna **** u " attitute, trying to put on a fake accent that made them just sound and look silly, lol
Re: Air France Worst Customer Service. by Orilee9ice(m): 4:34pm On Aug 18, 2010
@ all
further to my comments above,i have just read other posts on here regarding AF, and i am a bit suprised, i remember a particular delay myself . Summer last year i went to Chicago via AF, got to LHR @ 4AM for a 640am connecting flight only to meet a longggggg queue cos the computers were down, they did their best to check us in (those who had excess had a field day that morning and would pray that this happened all the time) and get us on board for the 640 flight which didnt take off until 720, as if that wasnt enough when we got to CDG, the connecting flight was delayed for one and a half hours, and as if that wasnt enough, once we boarded, we were on the plane for another 2 hours because the aircon and the toilets were not working and had to be fixed. and a dog was barking in the baggage compartment below, but they apologised purfusely and kept us well stocked with snacks and drinks till we took off 2 hours later, needless to say by the time they were serving real food, we were all full up and just wanted to sleep, The following Morning we received an apology by email and 5000 travel airmiles each as compensation for the delay, the only discomfort was my Coz waiting for us @ O'hare AIRPORT for 5 hours and the Family Picnic we missed at Milwalwke b'cos of the delay grin
Re: Air France Worst Customer Service. by hackney(m): 8:18pm On Aug 19, 2010
Arik air is another option.
Flew it last month from LDN to ABJ and back ;the service was up to scratch sha.
The crew were surprisingly very polite despite being all-Nigerian.
The usual rudeness by nature was not there at all.
Re: Air France Worst Customer Service. by Travelista(f): 10:13pm On Aug 19, 2010
Awww! Sorry to hear about your bad experience, OP. Air France is still my favorite (even though they've misplaced my luggage a few times) and I hope you haven't written them off due to one bad experience. Flying is stressful enough for passengers and crew members, so why not go with the flow? Worried about straying bags? Pack a day's worth of clothes in your carry-on along with essentials. Flight delayed? No prob! Whip out the iPod, laptop & mobile broadband card, puzzle book, knitting or whatever and let the time fly. Overbooked flight? If your dates are flexible, take the hotel and food voucher they offer you and get on the next flight. I always laugh when I see people huff and puff in the airport like it will make the person behind the counter change their mind or bend policy on an individual basis. Be courteous, especially when you're in the wrong, and things should go over better.
Re: Air France Worst Customer Service. by viclee009: 10:27pm On Aug 19, 2010
Next time fly Air Nigeria if they have one oops they don't have any.
Sorry brother such is life.
Re: Air France Worst Customer Service. by Orilee9ice(m): 9:47am On Aug 20, 2010
@Travelista, WELL SAID! wink
Re: Air France Worst Customer Service. by chelseabmw(m): 1:23am On Aug 21, 2010
superstar1:

u r dumb. . .thats all i can say to u for now
Re: Air France Worst Customer Service. by tpiah: 5:07am On Aug 21, 2010
i witnessed a Nigerian man who looked confused in a duty-free shop at Dublin airport, and i thought he needed help. And interestingly, a female employee observed the same thing, she went to the guy and kindly asked "are you OK?" But to my amazement, this Nigerian guy reacted bitterly "What sort of question is that, how much are you being paid in this kiosk that gave you the audacity to ask me that foolish question?"

The girl was surprised with wide-open eyes as the Nigerian poured out his anger with words that she wouldn't fancy. "There are many other people here, why did you come to ask me alone if i'm OK, or is it because i'm black?" He barked. At this point, i intervened to ask him what the matter was, and the man started by pointing at the girl: "Look at this f**king racist, she's asking me if i'm OK". The Nigerian man explained tapping his finger on the side of his head as if to show the insane sign, he obviously had misinterpreted the white girl's expression assuming that "OK" means normal in the brain. The sales girl was obviously disturbed and her eyes were soaked in tears as other people (including myself) began to calm her down.
   Now, that same guy was involved in a skirmish with a white passenger on our flight to Lagos, and when the flight attendants came to resolve the issue and eventually blamed the Nigerian guy for his provocative behaviour, i wasn't surprised when he began to yell "racists, racists. . . i know my rights. . , i can pay your salaries. . !"

i wouldnt surprised if he thought she was insulting him, since in nigeria "are you okay" means are you crazy.

though the guy needed to calm down, i agree.
Re: Air France Worst Customer Service. by asiwaju: 7:48am On Aug 21, 2010
@REALITY101,

ori e baje,iwo eranko lasanlasan yi,who is spoiling other peoples businessi will respect your contra if it is reasonable,but telling me to shut up is outrageous and disrespectfull,and please dont tell me,i wanna,wanna again or else i will flog you tire,ok?

@Vicjustice,

Thank you jare my brother,if people like Mr Reality101 and his buddies hijack a thread,then is better to move on,because they have never been serious all their life.

Asiwaju.
Re: Air France Worst Customer Service. by Owugal(f): 2:01am On Aug 24, 2010
in all honesty, even americans consider air france customer service bad and mention it anytime the topic of air travel comes up. I hear they are really horrible and anytime a movie is done and bad customer service is featured, its usually a french customer rep giving the bad service. So its not really racism. The french are considered egostical and rude even by americans.
Re: Air France Worst Customer Service. by Fivewaytrip: 11:15pm On Jan 02, 2019
Book you Air France Flight in Nigeria today.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Things You Cannot Predict When Driving In Lagos / Need location of Ireland visa embassy in Lagos? / A Guide To Entering Public Transport In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.