Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,840 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? (47694 Views)

How Are You Surviving? / How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? / Top 10 Lucrative Blue-collar Jobs In Nigeria To Beat Graduate Unemployment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Olatara(f): 9:22pm On Jan 22, 2019
pocohantas:
Now you will realise that those uncles who told you "when you graduate, send me your CV" are all fraudsters. You are on your own
grin grin
Just like my uncle, thank God I look for a job myself, I submitted my CV to him and even ask my find to do the same, till today nothing nothing.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Adewumiaye: 9:24pm On Jan 22, 2019
FunnyDude:

Don't be depressed sir. Internet is really a blessing to our generation, please leverage on it.

My way of making a living online after service year has been through freelancing and other smart opportunities that came my way.

Never give up

I design websites in case...
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 22, 2019
FunnyDude:
We all know life after the one year mandatory Nysc is no joke for graduates. Some are privileged to have job immediately after service which has kept them going. On the other hand, there are some graduates that find it so difficult in getting paid employment.

So, share your thoughts to help others that are in such dilemma or those that are about finishing their service year.

After service year life truly begins...

After service I still dey one of my papas houses, Did one of those marketing jobs, but quit due to the fact d oga think am so desperate for job that i will lick his ass.

somehow money just dey come, I already got a shop, but I just can't find the kind jobs I like recently, not a fan of bank jobs cause it will restrict my business too much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by abdeiz(m): 9:25pm On Jan 22, 2019
obamartins:
Men! this life is funny until God opens your eyes to see the billions of dollars on the internet. I have done several crazy jobs and received peanuts called salary until I asked God for direction and He came to my rescue. I worked in a place where the owner of the company treated everyone like shit. I took the bold step to walk away in 2017 despite having nothing to fall back on. A couple of months ago he called as was Like "Can you please come back, I will increase your salary and pay you guys regularly. I asked him a simple question. Sir, can you pay me up to N500,000 a month? He was proposing N80,000 a month from 60k which he was paying but not regular. I told him, sir, you can't pay me.

Today, I earn over N300,000 a month from the comfort of my home. I am not cut out for 8am - 5pm jobs God forbid. Folks no need to search for jobs, you can make it on the internet without defrauding anyone. All I do is write books and publish on Amazon. All the materials you need to write on any topic is on Youtube, stop the laziness and get your butts down to work. Serve no master. The problem with our so-called graduates is lack of research and laziness. They don't have the energy to research on what will put food on their table. I will never search for a job any day any time. Targeting N1,000,000 a month from book sales before June 2019. Will be spreading my tentacles to Amazon FBA very soon. By The end of 2019, i should average N5,000,000 per month by God's Grace. The millions is in your laptop connected to the internet.

PS: Nobody should PM for any tutorial or guide. I won't respond. All you need is on youtube and the internet, Take your time say one month to research and you will be glad you did. Convert Youtube Videos into books and sell on Amazon.

Final comment: Any computer scientist looking for a job in this era of ICT is a fool.

Attached is my sales report for last month.

Woow....dude...your IQ go dey reach 200
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Femich18(m): 9:29pm On Jan 22, 2019
Fairgodwin:

I stay very far from the Island, around Ogba area and I think it's going to be too far and stressful for you considering your pay, otherwise I'd have asked you to come manage at my place.
I stay alone, and I'm currently jobless though, but I would be more than willing to accommodate you and even support you in any way I can. I hate to see a fellow brother struggle, e dey pain me.
It is not easy my brother but God is our sufficiency...God will surely help you too. Where at Ogba do you stay precisely

1 Like

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 22, 2019
Rolly22:

Came to Nysc camp a millionaire, left there a millionaire, still a Millionaire. Street made us
Have you considerd the damages you left on the life of those you scammed? If someone scammed you all your life savings how would that make you feel? Because of the so called Street those who wan hustle legit are finding it extremely difficult. Anything Nigeria ip don cast. Run Facebook ad, Facebook blocks your ad account. Freelancing nko, oyibo no go hire you. We no fit open PayPal, Stripe, 2 checkout. Any online business you start in Nigeria can't go smoothly unless you have someone outside the country to help you. If it continues like this, be rest assured Nigeria will be banned from the internet completely and VPN socks cannot save us. Talking to you as someone who entered the street and left, that's not the way to make money, it's a crime and your ruining someones life, family, business, relationship just to pop champaign and buy Benz you make another person homeless. I rather pick it in bits legitly than ever go back to that shiit. You think you know how to make money? Wait until Gee is no more than you know.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Seandisputed(m): 9:31pm On Jan 22, 2019
FunnyDude:
LOL.. Serious casting oo
I tell you, only if i knew what i know now before i went to school.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 22, 2019
Hi guys,
Well the truth is nothing is easy, but try to maintain a positive mindset and study really hard, I am a software developer who have worked for various companies both in Nigeria and Abroad. The truth is, if you really know your stuff, no company ( maybe a few) can reject you. I hope this will help someone out there.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by abdeiz(m): 9:31pm On Jan 22, 2019
1stdami:
I guess I am one of the lucky ones... I burst my ass to learn software development in school and it paid off during and after service year. So all I can say is for you to learn a skill. Preferably a digital skill, that's your ticket to financial freedom during and after NYSC.. Learn learn learn

Boss I am currently in that stage where you were few years ago, I badly need guidance from people who have done it out there, Is it okay if I reach you?
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by babtoundey(m): 9:41pm On Jan 22, 2019
Truly, It has not been easy. I finished service last year July, 2017 batch A stream 2. While I was serving, even though I was posted to one local council I contrived to engage in teaching (then to put body and soul) together. The moment I was through with service the only option I had ( the only thing that came to mind) is teaching. since then, I have been teaching in one private Secondary school.

Right now, I am tired and exhausted. Everyday that passes by, I feel I'm unconsciously moving away from my dream. The money isn't enough while the stress and time input is too much. I really wish to pull out as soon as I can.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by promisedeco(m): 9:42pm On Jan 22, 2019
Ezechinwa:
Hi guys,
Well the truth is nothing is easy, but try to maintain a positive mindset and study really hard, I am a software developer who have worked for various companies both in Nigeria and Abroad. The truth is, if you really know your stuff, no company ( maybe a few) can reject you. I hope this will help someone out there.
My dream.
Still in school. Computer sc.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by promisedeco(m): 9:44pm On Jan 22, 2019
Thank you guys. This is one of the best posts I have seen on Nairaland. I pray I make the right decisions now I'm still school

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Kendrick80(m): 9:46pm On Jan 22, 2019
Na family biz help my life

1 Like

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Afospecialk: 9:49pm On Jan 22, 2019
Life after service is more than challenging. I was able to save up to 300k during my NYSC plus the INEC allowance for participating in 2015 election but I lost all to a fraud outsourcing company that claimed they are recruiting for Dangote refinery therefore scamed me 180k. With the hope that I have gotten a big Oil and Gass job, I started spending the remain 120k until it became crystal clear that I had just been successfully duped by the fraudulent outsourcing company.

Lesson number (1) one. Never pay to a company to secure any job.

Having working for an Insurance company as a marketier for a year without any returned I decided to call it quit and try a new thing.

Lesson number (2). There is always room to try and have another options if what you are doing in not yielding any superlative result

My liberation have been through online marketing then migrate to Forex Trade. Glory be to God I make millions online at the comfort of my house.

Lesson number (3). Without learning anything you can make it in life if you are creative enough and pray hard

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Mustack: 9:49pm On Jan 22, 2019
id4sho:
Spent a year jobless, it ain't funny. I was able to secure a FG job but yet to be paid for about 8 months.
Sorry bro
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Buffalowings3(m): 9:54pm On Jan 22, 2019
pocohantas:
Now you will realise that those uncles who told you "when you graduate, send me your CV" are all fraudsters. You are on your own
grin grin
grin grin
Na b4 service year we I dey find where to get placement I know what's up. .

1 Share

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Carmal90(m): 9:58pm On Jan 22, 2019
larryking540:

Google online
There are some business u don't need money to start except u want to crash ur self even when money is given to u, ,,start small and go bigger
Like?
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Enugupikin: 9:59pm On Jan 22, 2019
Radiant1020:
Hhmmmm
It's not been easy o but God has been faithful.
Finished nysc April 2018. Since then I've tried two businesses. I did Oriflame business and sold clothes...
The thing is people can be so annoying eh, as long as you are not doing the normal 8-5 pm job, they begin to feel you are idle and lazy...

In all let's give thanks sha
Hi.. are you in Zaria?.I'm coming for an interview there next week and will be needing some answers to a question
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Mustack: 9:59pm On Jan 22, 2019
Harunakoney:
Private school teacher in Benue State. Earning below NYSC allaweee since 2015.
Bro u dy try

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Pythondancer1: 9:59pm On Jan 22, 2019
In my Family once dem born you you are already in Government payroll and ur acc will just be growing like MMM. I finished my university fully funded by Government, i'm serving already and i'll pass out by March 2k19. Alawee is coming and Npower 30k is still coming and i was asked to make a choice between SSS, NDLEA, Short Service, Custom or FIRS before i pass out March.

Such is life.

Some peoples stories here is making me to cry.
God will make a way for you Guys.

6 Likes

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Buffalowings3(m): 10:00pm On Jan 22, 2019
grossintel:
grin I can relate to this very well. Na so I just dey kill myself untop book over promises they made to me. When I finish all of them blocked my number.
I Hope your doing well?

1 Like

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Carmal90(m): 10:01pm On Jan 22, 2019
fixedhollies:
2014, it all started, when i was an undergraduate, i noticed that whenever i have a gadget people wanna buy it... Fast forward to service year 2015, i started importing power bank and flash drive, i started with Alawi, though i receive some back up like 5 to 10k from home. After nysc, i taught 4 one year and few months. Pay was 23k, it was very hard to live with... During this period, i came across importation treads on nairaland. I started with my 23k salary and sometimes i barely av something to eat, i trek tire. i quit d job, went 4 masters and survived with mini importation and iphone unlock.

Last year i hit fiverr and ate almost $2k, i pump it to importation. B4 fiverr come become hard these days... My advice is that, we should always try to reinvest any cash that flow in.... Now, at times i have at least 50k gain in a month, and sometimes 100k or more. i no remember when last i applied 4 job... Though, i cant say i am successful yet... But with God, all of us go make am last last. I they chop.
Tell me what u do
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by ManchesterBlack: 10:03pm On Jan 22, 2019
Rolly22:

Came to Nysc camp a millionaire, left there a millionaire, still a Millionaire. Street made us

Bahd guys! I swear the streets saved my life. I was able to put myself through school, grad, NYSC and now I own businesses.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Enugupikin: 10:06pm On Jan 22, 2019
Pythondancer1:
In my Family once dem born you you are already in Government payroll and ur acc will just be growing like MMM. I finished my university fully funded by Government, i'm serving already and i'll pass out by March 2k19. Alawee is coming and Npower 30k is still coming and i was asked to make a choice between SSS, NDLEA, Short Service, Custom or FIRS before i pass out March.

Such is life.

Some peoples stories here is making me to cry.
God will make a way for you Guys.
You must be a northerner

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Radiant1020(f): 10:09pm On Jan 22, 2019
Enugupikin:

Hi.. are you in Zaria?.I'm coming for an interview there next week and will be needing some answers to a question

OK...
So what are your questions?
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Samzzy94(m): 10:11pm On Jan 22, 2019
Well in my own case, I have not gone for NYSC. I graduated early last year around March to be precise, But I had issues cos my name appeared on the error list released in my school. Before I could take the bold step to go out there and hustle was very hard, because I was thinking the issue I had would be rectified and i would go for service any time soon. But till today the issue is still there, nothing has been done even though I made complains severally to the school.
My first job after graduating was as a laborer at a building site, I had to swallow my pride to do that job because that was the only job I could find at that time. After doing that for a month, I worked at a hotel as a receptionist. I quit the job after two months, because my boss was too wicked and harsh. Imagine after working tirelessly for two months, I was only paid one month salary. I spent a month at home before I applied for a teaching job at a private secondary school as a chemistry teacher. I was appointment and ever since then , that has been the job I have been doing. Though I organise extra lessons where I get nothing less than #50000 a month coupled with the meagre pay I earn from my job. Since the commencement of this job, I started learning how to play the keyboard and graphic design. I am also planning to leave my parents house by the end of this month (not because they are pursuing me....lol). I know I have not reached where I am going to, but I believe with hardwork and consistency, I would get there. So my appeal to all graduates out there, never wait for anybody to help you before you take that bold step, it might be tough and humiliating at the beginning but the end will definitely be better.

My 2 cent�

14 Likes

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Enugupikin: 10:11pm On Jan 22, 2019
Radiant1020:

OK...
So what are your questions?
I just sent you a PM... so I won't derail the thread
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by tpraiz(m): 10:12pm On Jan 22, 2019
Seeing this topic got me really bothered, am happy I came across it anyways. Am presently serving but I will finish by march this year.... Succeeded in saving 200k for after nysc Wahala.... The problem is I don't have any real business to go into after service! It's really scary oh

1 Like

Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by Mizwisdom(f): 10:17pm On Jan 22, 2019
Pity party crew full this thread, i feel u guys, but now let's have the true motivators, those who have foresight, we need your presence here, show us the way
Re: Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? by hesilo(m): 10:17pm On Jan 22, 2019
Evans211:
Truth is, I’m about to Do my POP by March.. 18A. I’ve done a couple of stuffs here and there I have savings in 7 figuresss. I live and serve in IB in a very nice location with a ride.. Not sure of what to invest in cause I’ve mix feelings of staying back in 9ja.

I’m considering taking an iElTS exam to process scholarships overseas amongst other means possible to leave.

Until then, I consider fixing the savings and see what nature got to offer. I’m business and independent oriented so trust me, I’d love to have delved into business proper. But I’m hell bent in leaving!! Don’t wanna start something I can’t finish. I’m currently earning over 300k monthly and the source is 50/50(shit can happen any time)...and amongst other hustle.

Don’t ask me what I do please. But it’s legit!!
So why did you come. Even here to post this... If not for the purpose of knowledge sharing, of what need is this topic. Share with us how you making ur money and help the host of us in this suffering, abi u like see your fellow guys dey suffer? .

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Vacancies In 6 Federal Agencies & Parastatals / Is This Not A Form Of Slavery? / Would You Give Blowjobs For 100k Monthly? Twitter User Narrates Ordeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.