Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,706 members, 7,805,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Should I Ignore This Friend - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Ignore This Friend (1228 Views)

I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. / Should I Ignore Him Or Keep In Touch? / Couple Ignore Their Maid At A Restaurant, Angry Nigerians React (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Ignore This Friend by blacq2009(m): 3:29pm On Jan 22, 2019
Hi fam, here. I got this friend from Polytechnic. We found ourselves working in the same office as well. But I've noticed something about him that's really disgusting. He doesn't greet or hi anybody in the office including me when he comes in the morning. I used to write his name in the attendance book as he is a habitual late comer. I've spoken severally to him about this attitude but he doesn't change.
Now if he comes and don't initiate a conversation, he'll not talk to me at all. Will I overreact if I don't also talk to him at all?
Re: Should I Ignore This Friend by ashewoboy(m): 3:34pm On Jan 22, 2019
immaterial post. he is just an introvert. they find it difficult to greet people.

1 Like

Re: Should I Ignore This Friend by sisisioge: 3:46pm On Jan 22, 2019
Say hello not minding who says it first and stop writing his name in the attendance log... It is not a good thing to do biko.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Ignore This Friend by lilmax(m): 4:17pm On Jan 22, 2019
ashewoboy:
immaterial post. he is just an introvert. they find it difficult to greet people.
do not associate introverted people with disrespectful people

9 Likes

Re: Should I Ignore This Friend by ogawisdom(m): 4:19pm On Jan 22, 2019
U don't force friendship get that into your thick skull

2 Likes

Re: Should I Ignore This Friend by okirewaju(f): 5:21pm On Jan 22, 2019
Its not a big deal

The day you feel like greeting him, go ahead and the day you don't feel like, let him be.

The day he's in a good mood, tell him jokingly that does he notice he does not greet anybody in the morning?
Re: Should I Ignore This Friend by Ishilove: 6:51pm On Jan 22, 2019
ashewoboy:
That's not true. I'm an introvert as well but I am courteous to people around me. The guy is just mannerless.
Re: Should I Ignore This Friend by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 22, 2019
Ishilove:

That's not true. I'm an introvert as well but I am courteous to people around me. The guy is just mannerless.
You are not an introvert! You are an original outrovert, even in social media sef! You are an outrovert, everybody in nairaland knows you. I can easily tell that you are an outrovert, from your posts and all, ask everybody on nairaland, they can all tell that you are Not an introvert but rather an outrovert.

1 Like

Re: Should I Ignore This Friend by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 22, 2019
Just let him be, if you have anything relevant to say to him, talk to him but if you have nothing relevant to say to him then you don't need to talk to him. If he also has something relevant to say to you as well, he will talk to you.

About greeting, if you have it in you to greet people whenever you see them then no problem, be saying hi to him and he surely will be replying back at you but if he also ignores you when you greet him then don't greet him because that would be rude of him but as long as he replies then no problem.

1 Like

Re: Should I Ignore This Friend by kayzat: 7:52pm On Jan 22, 2019
mhd5757:

You are not an introvert! You are an original outrovert, even in social media sef! You are an outrovert, everybody in nairaland knows you. I can easily tell that you are an outrovert, from your posts and all, ask everybody on nairaland, they can all tell that you are Not an introvert but rather an outrovert.

You don't get it? Most introverts are very lively and interesting behind the scenes they just hate having all the attention on them in real life.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Ignore This Friend by Hardrive(m): 7:57pm On Jan 22, 2019
Pls do. the introverts that I know feel free when they get comfortable around people. Secondly, if someone greets you first courtesy demands that you return the greeting. Or is he holding a grudge against you? You have known him too long for him to be behaving that way.
Re: Should I Ignore This Friend by Ishilove: 8:47pm On Jan 22, 2019
mhd5757:

Lol. And you came to this conclusion via my Nairaland posts? cheesy

You're very wrong in your assumptions. I'm very reserved offline. My Nairaland persona is a never seen aspect of me.
Re: Should I Ignore This Friend by helinues: 8:49pm On Jan 22, 2019
The guy is just an introvert.

Give him same attitudes and watch his reactions
Re: Should I Ignore This Friend by Ishilove: 8:49pm On Jan 22, 2019
kayzat:

You don't get it? Most introverts are very lively and interesting behind the scenes they just hate having all the attention on them in real life.
QED. Only people who are very intimate with me get to see the lively part of me.
Re: Should I Ignore This Friend by lilmax(m): 9:49pm On Jan 22, 2019
mhd5757:

you do not know introverts then grin
Re: Should I Ignore This Friend by annex1: 9:49pm On Jan 22, 2019
My only advice and the much you'll need is to stop taking this man's attendance.
Re: Should I Ignore This Friend by chii8(f): 10:06pm On Jan 22, 2019
Why are you signing attendance log for him?You that is looking for greeting,face your work jare,life is too short
Re: Should I Ignore This Friend by IjebuWarrior: 11:14pm On Jan 22, 2019
mhd5757:

@ Bolded.

Guy, abeg... which one be outrovert? You mean "Extrovert"? grin grin grin

Re: Should I Ignore This Friend by izzou(m): 11:34pm On Jan 22, 2019
mhd5757:

grin grin grin grin

Outrovert kwa?

Ishilove grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should I Ignore This Friend by Ishilove: 11:46pm On Jan 22, 2019
izzou:

grin grin grin grin

Outrovert kwa?

Ishilove grin grin grin grin grin
As in ehn. I weak cheesy
Re: Should I Ignore This Friend by blacq2009(m): 7:19am On Jan 23, 2019
chii8:
Why are you signing attendance log for him?You that is looking for greeting,face your work jare,life is too short
Hahaha. I used to. Not anymore.
Re: Should I Ignore This Friend by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 23, 2019
IjebuWarrior:

@ Bolded.

Guy, abeg... which one be outrovert? You mean "Extrovert"? grin grin grin
Yes! Extrovert! That's what I meant to say before.
Re: Should I Ignore This Friend by Florblu(f): 5:09pm On Jan 23, 2019
Stop helping him with the attendance. If he doesn't greet you, greet him and walk away before he replies.
Re: Should I Ignore This Friend by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 23, 2019
Re: Should I Ignore This Friend by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 23, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Man Reveals What He Caught His Maid Doing After Installing CCTV / Pls Advice A Friend Of Mine,is Important. / Tstv Decoder For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.