Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,939 members, 7,806,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Reasons Why Jimi Agbaje Would Win Lagos State Easily - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why Jimi Agbaje Would Win Lagos State Easily (684 Views)

Reasons Jimi Agbaje Will Win Lagos State Governorship Contest / Jimi Agbaje wins Lagos PDP Governorship Primary / Lagos: 2019 Jimi Agbaje Joins Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Jimi Agbaje Would Win Lagos State Easily by Kaykerry(m): 5:04pm On Jan 22, 2019
If you are Lagosian, you would agree with me that Lagos has degraded from what it used to be. I am a Lagosian and I can tell you that Lagos right now is in a sorry state. How did we get here?
Well, there is a Yoruba saying that Te ni yan ba yo, a ma wa bekun bekun (When a man is filled, he begins to look for what would burst his stomach). The current administration has eaten and feasted so much and so long, they have become over comfortable.
Imagine how everything in the public sector has gradually deteriorated. Hospitals are now in a sorry state with people lining up daily without enough people to cater for them. Even public health centres now reject people because they don't have facilities to receive patients. Hundreds of Lagosians who need medical attention are now constantly denied health car daily.
The transport sector too is not left behind. The roads have now become at its all-time worst state as potholes have now become the order of the day. And what is the government doing? Absolutely nothing!
The cleanliness of the state is another aspect that is currently a shame to every Lagosian. On the road, corner, pathway, everywhere... dirt. The PSP was sacked and a new inefficient company was introduced (Vision Scape). The once neat Lagos metropolis is now a dumpster. If you open your mouth for too long, dirt would enter your mouth.
Now let me go to something more visible. And that is the pasting of posters on the walls and under bridges. This was something of the past and now it has been brought back this current administration. The once beautiful under bridge is now a poster village.

So why do I think Jimi Agbaje would win easily?

First, he is someone who identifies with our struggles.

"On Apapa Gridlock, I stay in Apapa and I know what I face. We need to move the Trailers out of Lagos State and stop accepting them. It's doable because the Trailers also pose a security threat.In my first 6 months, we need to move the trailers out of Apapa unless they have documentation to come in. I stay and work in Apapa, so I know the struggle." - Jimi Agbaje

Secondly, He would bring down the Lekki toll gate.

"That Lekki tollgate will be down when I become Governor. Lekki tollgate was a concession to a private concern. It is government that is collecting money for government. There’s no legal arrangement for it. Lekki tollgate was a concession to a Private Firm and the State bought the concession back and now the government is paying government back. There's no PPP arrangement in place for the Lekki tollgate so there are no legal issues to bringing it down. It's like the Government building a house and also paying itself rent on the property. The Lekki Tollgate will go down. The Ikoyi tollgate will remain because there are alternatives to using the Ikoyi Tollgate." - Jimi Agbaje

Thirdly, He would release us from some tax burden

"We don't know how the tax is being collected. We know that there is technology into Taxation that allows for blocking leakages. We're aware that there are companies in Lagos State that do Taxation, but at a nominal fee. Sometimes, this fee is 10% - 12%. Sometimes ago, a Tax Company started running taxation for the State at a fee of 2%. This company didn't work for 2 months before the "Powers that be" called the shots and terminated the contract." - Jimi Agbaje

Forthly, He would work on health

We're not running a Health system that is sustainable. We want to build a system that revolves around the General Practitioner. About 70-75% of Health aliments can be handled at the General Practitioner and Primary Health Care level. So the Government will only write cheques to the GP for their jobs.- Jimi Agbaje

These are just some of the few promises from his manifesto... Who wouldn't prefer a better alternative?

It is time to Set Lagos Free.

Re: Reasons Why Jimi Agbaje Would Win Lagos State Easily by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 22, 2019
@op.

Your opinion and you are entitled to it. The reality, if we shun sentiments, is that Sanwo Olu will defeat Agbaje easily and with a wider margin than we saw between Ambode and Agbaje in 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Jimi Agbaje Would Win Lagos State Easily by 53cur3m0d3(m): 5:28pm On Jan 22, 2019
I'm a firm believer that this is Jimi Agbaje's time. Having been at different Governorship debates this year to listen to every candidate's manifestoes, I totally buy into Jimi Agbaje's ideas and plans for Lagos State.

I really wonder how people don't see the mess Lagos is really in. We spend our productive hours in traffic when going to work in the morning and spend another round heading home after work. Just today, I spent 2 hours plus on a 5km stretch of road that would normally take me 10-15mins.

Consider the livability conditions, poor state of infrastructure and healthcare and tell me if Lagos deserves to be called a Mega City.

Jimi Agbaje is the man of the people and that's why the Opposition despite all their huge funds continue to tear down his banners and posters.
Re: Reasons Why Jimi Agbaje Would Win Lagos State Easily by fyneguy: 5:35pm On Jan 22, 2019
lol dreamer
Re: Reasons Why Jimi Agbaje Would Win Lagos State Easily by Kaykerry(m): 11:49am On Jan 29, 2019
Well, this dream would come true
fyneguy:
lol dreamer

(1) (Reply)

Shehu Sani Reacts As National Council Of State Approves N27,000 As Minimum Wages / Reasons Why Southerners Don't Want to Vote Buhari-SCM / Caption The Pictures Of This Crippled Man With Buhari In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.