Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,702 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

Delta Deputy Speaker, Osanebi Wins As Supreme Court Nullifies Lower Court Judgme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta Deputy Speaker, Osanebi Wins As Supreme Court Nullifies Lower Court Judgme (507 Views)

TRIBUNAL: A Lower Court Undermined The Supreme Court's Ruling On 25% FCT / Osanebi Ossai Friday's House Flooded (Photos) / INEC Withdraws Certificate Of Return From Delta Deputy Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Delta Deputy Speaker, Osanebi Wins As Supreme Court Nullifies Lower Court Judgme by femioyewale: 7:14pm On Jan 22, 2019
Delta Deputy Speaker, Osanebi wins as Supreme Court nullifies lower court judgments[b][/b]

At last, Rt. Hon. Friday Osanebi has been vindicated as the Delta State Deputy Speaker.

Delivering the judgment today, the Supreme Court Panel led by the CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen, jettisoned the position of the lower courts, saying that the Deputy Speaker, has no case whatsoever to answer as the court nullified the judgment of the other courts.

Speaking to news men in Abuja, immediately after the court session, lead counsel to the Deputy Speaker Mr. Joe Agi, SAN, said : “ the Supreme Court has just delivered judgement in favour of Rt. Hon. Friday Osanebi. Delta State Deputy Speaker.

The Apex court ruled that both the trial court judgment and the court of appeal judgment are all nulled in view of section 285 subsection 12, of the forth alteration to the constitution of the federation”.

“The implication of that is that there’s no judgment against the Deputy Speaker”, Abi added.

Reacting to the ruling, Osanebi said: “ I thank God for his love and faithfulness. Truly I can say without all contradiction that the judiciary is the last hope of the ordinary man. I thank the judiciary, and I am most grateful to the Ndokwa East people for their prayer, support and kind words, while this tussle lasted”

Osanebi added that by the grace of God, Ndokwa East is in safe hands, and there is no way darkness and lies can rule over truth.

“ I thank my Governor, Sen. Ifeanyi Okowa, our party, the PDP and my friends and associates for their kind support also“

“Ndokwa East is in safe hands, and the dominion of light over darkness is always instant and unquestionable. No matter the manipulation, truth can never be carpeted”; Osanebi added, in enthusiasm.

1 Share

Re: Delta Deputy Speaker, Osanebi Wins As Supreme Court Nullifies Lower Court Judgme by Banmeallday: 7:15pm On Jan 22, 2019
My friend support referendum for your people’s Permanent freedom
Re: Delta Deputy Speaker, Osanebi Wins As Supreme Court Nullifies Lower Court Judgme by ceejayMAX(m): 7:31pm On Jan 22, 2019
Ndokwa amaka

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Chaos As Egede People Protest Against Ike Ekweremadu In Enugu. Photos / Osun PDP Senatorial Candidate Faces Disqualification Suit / Aitku's Endorsement: Between Nwodo And Obiano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.