Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories (54226 Views)

Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) / Malta International Passport By Naturalization / The New Nigerian International Passport: The Truth And The Lies By AutoReportNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by Oldnyoung: 9:44am On Jan 23, 2019
figur:
I have a situation, my passport has 4 months left before it expires and I got a visa in it, if I go for renewal and get a new passport, will the former one and the visa in it still be valid?

The visa is still valid. You just need to carry the two passports (new & old) whenever you’re travelling. The immigration guys will likely stamp cancelled on the old passport.
Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by IbrahimDamola: 9:46am On Jan 23, 2019
Dumbuhari just wants to keep making life difficult for the citizens.

Anyday Nigerians do not gnash their teeth, buhari can never be happy.
Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by kagari: 9:48am On Jan 23, 2019
figur:
I have a situation, my passport has 4 months left before it expires and I got a visa in it, if I go for renewal and get a new passport, will the former one and the visa in it still be valid?

your visa remains valid to the last day, you must travel with the old passport and make sure you passport expiration falls withing your travel date, unless the airline wont lift you

if its a US visa with multiple entry, just do a new passport and celotape it to the old one grin, and you good to go
Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by eneyoduke(m): 9:48am On Jan 23, 2019
After paying such to get it will take 10 months
Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by shagaman: 9:50am On Jan 23, 2019
docadams:

What is this stress of renewal you are talking about? Getting a new passport here in Warri usually takes just a day if you come with all that is required. Renewal takes less time. If changes could been reflected at home, I see no reason why it shouldn't spread to our foreign missions.

Nigeria consulate in Atlanta is one of the worst places to go and renew your passport, it's like a racket there with only one scanning machine for biometrics..then you can imagine what one has to go thru.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by Oldnyoung: 9:51am On Jan 23, 2019
Guyoo:

No need to panic your visa is still valid, even if the passport have expired,in as much as the visa has not expired, so you can go for your renewal, but when you travel you have to go with both the new and the old passport until the visa on it expires

In the case of US for instance you can't travel with a passport that has less than 6 months validity, so renewal is best for you if your planning to go to US.

Best of luck

The embolden text is not correct. You can even travel with a passport with a month to expiration. The 6 months validity applies only when you are applying for visa.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by safetyInspector(m): 9:51am On Jan 23, 2019
Yes, they will stamp cancelled on it but you can still travel with it. I have done that before.
figur:
Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by phransix2: 9:51am On Jan 23, 2019
buchilino:

STAND IS ALL NIGERIANS BUT OFFICIAL IS ISSUED IF UR TRAVELLING ABROAD ON AN OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT DUTY.

Thanks very much
Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 23, 2019
Yankee101:
Any idea of price in foreign embassies?
120$ online payment

1 Like

Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by mysteryman2014: 9:56am On Jan 23, 2019
Built2last:
Okay

If you are not a frequent traveller or stay abroad, getting the 64 page for 70k is a waste of money.

Why get that when you can get

32 pages multiplied by 2 which Is 64 pages in 10 years only for 50k

The process of renewal is like getting a new one. Very tedious.
Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by casualobserver2: 9:58am On Jan 23, 2019
Juwohn:

Even beyond renewal, imagine applying for a three/four years visa on a five year passport expiring in one year. Your visa will only be issued for the one year, you will reapply again when you renew your passport. Imagine the stress, you may even be denied at your second application.

This is a very valid point oga. It can really help guys that are trying to Port out. So long as your visa is valid you have some small cover here and there. It makes sense when you look at it like that.
Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 23, 2019
figur:
first foremost your visa is not supposed to be valid while your passport has expired, that’s why when you want to apply for a visa they normally ask for passport that’ll be valid extra 4months after visa as expired.

Although I sense you can still use it by attaching bothe old and new passport together while traveling if that be the case, my opinion o !

1 Like

Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by prosnadis(m): 10:02am On Jan 23, 2019
Ur visa is still valid,just bind the new passport to the old one...ur stamping will be done on the new one at the point of entry....
figur:
Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by tolani4real: 10:02am On Jan 23, 2019
figur:
The visa still valid. You will need to travel with both passport
Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by kikake: 10:04am On Jan 23, 2019
docadams:

What is this stress of renewal you are talking about? Getting a new passport here in Warri usually takes just a day if you come with all that is required. Renewal takes less time. If changes could been reflected at home, I see no reason why it shouldn't spread to our foreign missions.

Do you have immigration office in Warri or Asaba?
Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by casig: 10:05am On Jan 23, 2019
bantudra:

better go ask the people that issued your visa....
Your visa is still valid irrespective of the fact that your passport has expired. Just get a new passport and use it with the visa in the old passport.
Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by brenister10: 10:17am On Jan 23, 2019
ProWalker:

This kind of silly propaganda can only work on hate-filled dumb people that can’t think and there are many like that from your five villages

Not propaganda bro, there's an element of truth in what he said..... If you no know, you no know
Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by gare(f): 10:19am On Jan 23, 2019
docadams:
Cost of new International passport by categories

32-page five-year standard passport stood at N25,000;

64-page five-year standard passport at N35,00;

64-page 10-year standard passport at N70,000;

32-page five-year official passport at N15,000.

Excerpts:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/issuance-of-new-passport-begins-in-march-says-nis/amp/

The only one that will be available will be the 70k passport, they will make the others not reachable
Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by Mcslize: 10:28am On Jan 23, 2019
docadams:

Where in Warri can one get the Passport?
Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by thambolo(m): 10:43am On Jan 23, 2019
SalamRushdie:
Buhari has wrecked Nigeria ..Passport for 70k official meaning it will be 150k at passport office

I thank God for two things:

1. I got mine 5 days before the changes

2. Old or new; all Na the same.
Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by nelsonebby(m): 10:53am On Jan 23, 2019
Built2last:
Okay

If you are not a frequent traveller or stay abroad, getting the 64 page for 70k is a waste of money.

better get the 70k passport. This is Nigeria bruh
Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by majamajic(m): 10:56am On Jan 23, 2019
Built2last:
Okay

it's for frequent travellers, besides u might not be in naija when e go expire, And don't trust the price to still be 25k next 5 years,
I prefer 70k for 10 years. 64 pages,
Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by MeeLan: 10:58am On Jan 23, 2019
how much to replace lost Passport?
Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by dasparrow: 11:02am On Jan 23, 2019
GadgetHunter:
120$ online payment

The 10 year validity passport will cost Nigerians living overseas $230 and not $120. The price was all over in the newspapers.
Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by dasparrow: 11:03am On Jan 23, 2019
Yankee101:
Any idea of price in foreign embassies?

$130 for 5 years validity

$230 for 10 years validity

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by Yoighaman(m): 11:03am On Jan 23, 2019
What's the difference between:

32-page five-year standard passport stood at N25,000;

32-page five-year official passport at N15,000.
Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by LegitGirl(f): 11:04am On Jan 23, 2019
cardoctor:
Very available at oluwole at cheaper price. Grab urs now while its hot.

Where's Oluwole, please?
Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by LegitGirl(f): 11:09am On Jan 23, 2019
DBlackCeazer:
I was at the passport office at ikoyi yesterday to apply for one, had to pay 35k for it, still spent all day there as there was a VERY LONG queue. I think the one for 70k would make sense if you are a frequent traveller as it would save you the stress, time, and extra cash

Pardon, at Ikoyi, which of the passports did you pay 35k for?

And would you kindly tell me the address of the Ikoyi office? Ikoyi seems to be the closest to me, but I don't know the exact address.

Also, other than money, what do I need to get my passport? Would it be issued to me on that very day?
Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by Mykcool(m): 11:10am On Jan 23, 2019
shocked
Re: Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories by Guyoo: 11:10am On Jan 23, 2019
Oldnyoung:

The embolden text is not correct. You can even travel with a passport with a month to expiration. The 6 months validity applies only when you are applying for visa.

Your right. Thanks for the correction. I meant to say 6 months validity when applying for US visa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Young Girl Helping Her Mum Fry Yam And Akara Crushed By Jeep In Owerri. Photos / American Visa Application Fee Increased For Nigerians / Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.