Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Car Battery Drains Without No Visible Cause. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Battery Drains Without No Visible Cause. (1746 Views)

RX 300 Battery Drains Overnight / See The Thousands Of Laptop Battery Cells Used In Tesla Car Battery Parks / Help My Car Battery Drains Easily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Battery Drains Without No Visible Cause. by trinity227(m): 8:42am On Jan 23, 2019
Hello,
Please I am not in Lagos so I cant bring the car for diagnosis, but you can help a brother out by explaining the posible cause of these problems which I will be listing here.
My car is a 2007 toyota Camry (Spider).
It all started on a good day when I tried opening the car with the car remote, I pressed the remote but it dint work, the four buttons non work, I thought it was the battery that was dead so I changed the remote battery but it still dint work. So I use the key to unlock door and went home, in the morning when I try to start the car the car did not start car battery is dead, I had to find another battery to start it with and I drove to work, after the end of work that day I got in car to go home car dint start again battery dead so I had to start again with another battery, it continue like this for many days until I had to take it to the car electrician who said it might be the alternator... We had to test the alternator by disconnecting the battery head after car was turned on , we turned on all the car system including the AC it operate fine alternator did not went off.

So he (electrician) noticed the alternator pully is not turning so he concluded that was the fault, we had to change it and I went home. The next day I start the car and it start fine, for five days it start fine in the morning battery not running down but after the 5th day the battery ran down again, I charged it with another battery and after another 5 to 6 days it went dead again, right now its running down in like every 6hours when its parked, even when I am driving sometime it just go off battery dead. Right now more problems comes up,
1, most lighting system are not working
2, car wiper is working when ignition is turned off
3, door glass control is working when ignition is turned off
4, Ac stopped cooling

Four different electricians have tried resolving this issue but to no avail.

With your experience I am sure you can tell me what to do.
I have the money to repair it even if its 100k but no one has been able to explain to me what the problem is.. They are all guessing.

Please I need your help
Trinity.
Toyota Camry 2007
Location Warri, Delta State.
Regards.

Re: Car Battery Drains Without No Visible Cause. by olorunoba(m): 12:27pm On Jan 23, 2019
It a common situation with spider since u r not in Lagos. Goggle on you tube. Com .
Re: Car Battery Drains Without No Visible Cause. by kingreign(m): 12:29pm On Jan 23, 2019
olorunoba:
It a common situation with spider since u r not in Lagos. Goggle on you tube. Com .
lies

1 Like

Re: Car Battery Drains Without No Visible Cause. by olorunoba(m): 1:14pm On Jan 23, 2019
I have 5 spider on my fleet and 3 of the car are like that. I have diagnosis no issue yet they drain battery.I am not guessing. We just decided to unplug and plug back in the morning.
Re: Car Battery Drains Without No Visible Cause. by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:24pm On Jan 23, 2019
trinity227:
Hello,
Please I am not in Lagos so I cant bring the car for diagnosis, but you can help a brother out by explaining the posible cause of these problems which I will be listing here.
My car is a 2007 toyota Camry (Spider).
It all started on a good day when I tried opening the car with the car remote, I pressed the remote but it dint work, the four buttons non work, I thought it was the battery that was dead so I changed the remote battery but it still dint work. So I use the key to unlock door and went home, in the morning when I try to start the car the car did not start car battery is dead, I had to find another battery to start it with and I drove to work, after the end of work that day I got in car to go home car dint start again battery dead so I had to start again with another battery, it continue like this for many days until I had to take it to the car electrician who said it might be the alternator... We had to test the alternator by disconnecting the battery head after car was turned on , we turned on all the car system including the AC it operate fine alternator did not went off.

So he (electrician) noticed the alternator pully is not turning so he concluded that was the fault, we had to change it and I went home. The next day I start the car and it start fine, for five days it start fine in the morning battery not running down but after the 5th day the battery ran down again, I charged it with another battery and after another 5 to 6 days it went dead again, right now its running down in like every 6hours when its parked, even when I am driving sometime it just go off battery dead. Right now more problems comes up,
1, most lighting system are not working
2, car wiper is working when ignition is turned off
3, door glass control is working when ignition is turned off
4, Ac stopped cooling

Four different electricians have tried resolving this issue but to no avail.

With your experience I am sure you can tell me what to do.
I have the money to repair it even if its 100k but no one has been able to explain to me what the problem is.. They are all guessing.

Please I need your help
Trinity.
Toyota Camry 2007
Location Warri, Delta State.
Regards.

based on your what you said your car might be sounding the alarm, but it seems like visual and sounding warming were somehow disabled or vandalise aka kazeemed

why because your problem started after the your key fob failed to operate aka open the car you then went on to manually open the car in almost every modern car if your lock your car using the fob and the manually open the car the alarm will do off

try this does your fob show usually a red light when your press the buttons? if it does it mean your fob is ok and just need re activate aka to re link to the car like with my audi if i take off my car's battery the fob loses the link to my car i have to put the key in ignition and turn the key on and off twice then take it out and then press any of the button to see if the car door locks responds once they do i know i have re link my fob to my car

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Battery Drains Without No Visible Cause. by Alexgray(m): 5:30pm On Jan 23, 2019
Find someone to lend u a battery in very good condition.use it normally and if it drains by morning then we can rule out battery being the problem.

1 Like

Re: Car Battery Drains Without No Visible Cause. by sultaan(m): 10:46pm On Jan 23, 2019
You keep guess try searching you tube for battery parasitic drain and you will know how to diagnose it yourself
Re: Car Battery Drains Without No Visible Cause. by chuks1137(m): 5:37am On Jan 27, 2019
Hit me up 09032505721
Re: Car Battery Drains Without No Visible Cause. by homeboy205: 11:03am On Jan 27, 2019
Have you try buying a new battery ??

Similar thing happened to me once the remote wasn’t locking the car and I used the manual ish car started and drove fine. Next morning car won’t start, battery still very much green so I got someone to help me jump start... problem Persist until I changed my battery....

Since you budget 100k to get the problem solved start from buying a good battery, it is not a waste just to rule out the battery before spending money
Re: Car Battery Drains Without No Visible Cause. by ojibole(m): 10:53pm On Feb 06, 2021
I'm having this same damn issue with my 07 camry. I don tire. Abeg where you able to resolve urs?
Re: Car Battery Drains Without No Visible Cause. by Louiscarz(m): 1:07am On Feb 07, 2021
seems like your vehicle is having a parasitic drain
Re: Car Battery Drains Without No Visible Cause. by dicksonadams(m): 1:23am On Feb 07, 2021
Battery things
Re: Car Battery Drains Without No Visible Cause. by josephsm823(m): 6:37am On Feb 07, 2021
It's not battery issue...I think it's the alternator that is not charging the battery.
Replace the alternator and you should be fine.
I experienced such recently on my 2015 RX 350.

Don't keep buying or exchanging battery, replace the alternator and you are good to go.
Re: Car Battery Drains Without No Visible Cause. by Louiscarz(m): 9:11am On Feb 07, 2021
I think it a parasitic drain because OP said when vehicle is turned off the wipers still work this are signs of parasitic drain, he should just do a parasitic drain test, something is draining the battery he should use a multi meter to do the test

(1) (Reply)

Extremely Clean 2004 Toyota Corrolla Up For Grab / Why Are People Like This? She Wants To Try Sex In My New Car. / My Mechanic Uses Total Quartz Motor Oil 20W-50 For My Steering Pump.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.