Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

The First Pigin English Story Book -coming Soon - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The First Pigin English Story Book -coming Soon (255 Views)

See What I Found In A Children's Story Book (GRAPHIC CONTENT) / This Is The New 2nd Tallest Building Inn The World. Nigeria Is Coming Soon. / Three Friends And Their Careers: The Grammatical Errors At Back Of A Story Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The First Pigin English Story Book -coming Soon by MONEY247: 10:00am On Jan 23, 2019
The First pigin English book is set to Debut.
Comment if you need one of the pdfs .
Re: The First Pigin English Story Book -coming Soon by Harbidexy5(m): 11:54am On Jan 23, 2019
I need many... adebayoismaheel116@gmail.com
Re: The First Pigin English Story Book -coming Soon by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 23, 2019
We shouldn't deceive ourselves, Nigeria pidgin English should be adopted as a lingual franca. The following are my reasons although many may differ in opinion but am saying this based on fact I saw and observed
1. The language is spoken more in many parts of Nigeria hence you wonder why many corporate organizations uses it to advertise their product.
2. The language isn't difficult for those that reside in Nigeria however some many find it difficult to comprehend
3. There is a kind of flow that goes when speaking it.
4. It is understandable by many hence you see politicians using it for campaign in many states.
However many critics believe that it might spoil the way we communicate in English. These critics have forgotten that our English pronunciation of words and usuage is poor. Very few persons communicate the language effectively. Other critics had advised we adopt any of the three main languages. The problem is which would be adopted? Should Igbo,Hausa or Yoruba be adopted then other tribes will see themselves as inferior. Some say we should adopt the three main languages but the reality is that few persons speak and understand them while many understand pidgin or broken English as they call it. So why shy from it when the answer is staring at our faces.
Re: The First Pigin English Story Book -coming Soon by czarina(f): 1:08pm On Jan 23, 2019
Not looking forward to it. I find it hard reading sentences written in pidgin English.

[b][check my profile if you live in Jos/b]

(1) (Reply)

Final Year Student Forced To Pay 50k By Her Supervisor For Project Review / Benue State University School Fees Payments For Freshers 2019/20 / Jambites Meet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.