Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

Please Help Car Experts! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help Car Experts! (1124 Views)

Want To Buy A Car, Experts Should Advice Me Pls. / Someone Help (car Issues) / Pls Help: Car Engine Turns Off And Dies When Car Is Put In Drive Or Reverse. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Car Experts! by Boffas: 2:42pm On Jan 23, 2019
A friend wants to get this tokunbo Acura MDX 2009 suv, when checking we noticed the “D” drive for the gear is blinking despite been on parked & the main key for the car is not available except the extra key. So I want to confirm if it’s a minor/major fault for him to go ahead to get the car or not because we also read online that the ‘sign’ is mostly common to Acura MDX cars. Thanks in advance for you help
Re: Please Help Car Experts! by CarGuideNG: 3:00pm On Jan 23, 2019
Boffas:
A friend wants to get this tokunbo Acura MDX 2009 suv, when checking we noticed the “D” drive for the gear is blinking despite been on parked & the main key for the car is not available except the extra key. So I want to confirm if it’s a minor/major fault for him to go ahead to get the car or not because we also read online that the ‘sign’ is mostly common to Acura MDX cars. Thanks in advance for you help

Hello Sir

In addition to thorough expert inspection and verifying the customs documents, a V I N/Chassis Number report would be necessary for the vehicle before going ahead, if you haven't done so already.

It would reveal any hidden potentially dangerous damage history.

Get in touch with CarGuideNG.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8494994_img20190114095147492_jpeg5d289080ef5a1bc4069bb2bc1f59e09b

https:///+2347011116171

1 Like

Re: Please Help Car Experts! by adanny01(m): 5:29pm On Jan 23, 2019
Boffas:

If you end up buying this car, please go and delete all keys that are not in your possession from the immobilizer memory.
Re: Please Help Car Experts! by Alexgray(m): 5:19am On Jan 24, 2019
Get a professional to run scan on the transmission ..the result wld help in ur next step.
Acura isn't too prone to theft though but just to be on the safe side,u shld take d advice of the poster above me.
Good luck
Re: Please Help Car Experts! by Nobody: 7:19am On Jan 24, 2019
Flashing D light means something is wrong with the transmission. It can be something as simple as low transmission fluid to something moderate like bad shift solenoid or pressure sensors, bad input shaft sensor, etc or could be something more serious. U need to scan the car to find out why it is blinking.
Re: Please Help Car Experts! by Boffas: 6:18pm On Jan 30, 2019
adanny01:

If you end up buying this car, please go and delete all keys that are not in your possession from the immobilizer memory.

Thanks for your response but where can this immobilized memory be found?
Re: Please Help Car Experts! by Boffas: 6:18pm On Jan 30, 2019
greenhulk:
Flashing D light means something is wrong with the transmission. It can be something as simple as low transmission fluid to something moderate like bad shift solenoid or pressure sensors, bad input shaft sensor, etc or could be something more serious. U need to scan the car to find out why it is blinking.

Thanks
Re: Please Help Car Experts! by Boffas: 6:21pm On Jan 30, 2019
Alexgray:
Get a professional to run scan on the transmission ..the result wld help in ur next step.
Acura isn't too prone to theft though but just to be on the safe side,u shld take d advice of the poster above me.
Good luck

Definitely doing that, thank you
Re: Please Help Car Experts! by adanny01(m): 12:58am On Jan 31, 2019
Boffas:

Thanks for your response but where can this immobilized memory be found?

Key programmers will do the needful.

(1) (Reply)

Affordable Toyota Camry Forsale / 2009 Hyundai Sonata. What I Need To Know / Spaces Bus Or Family Bus Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.