Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,278 members, 7,780,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:13 PM

OPINION: Obasanjo Is Wrong! Why Atiku Should Not Become President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPINION: Obasanjo Is Wrong! Why Atiku Should Not Become President (434 Views)

Opinion: Obasanjo’s Support for an Adesina’s Presidency / Plot To Detain Obasanjo Is Real - Fani Kayode, Releases List Of Other Targets / We Will Shutdown Aso Rock If Obasanjo Is Touched - ADC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPINION: Obasanjo Is Wrong! Why Atiku Should Not Become President by GoodMuyis(m): 6:14pm On Jan 23, 2019
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo also referred to as OBJ among others has stated out that the presidential candidate of PDP Atiku Abubakar will be a better president and will be a better economic manager than the incumbent president Mohammadu Buhari. Not only OBJ made a mistake with the statement, others got it wrong on this as well. In General, Nigeria is not ready to have Capitalist as a president, because all capitalists are greedy folks and self-centred.

Mr Aliko Dangote stands a better chance to out-performed Atiku in 70x70 ways because his work and business ventures broadcast him to be a visionary leader. Dangote business has a great impact on Nigeria's economy, his work and impact are laudable even all over Africa, but being a capitalist disqualify Dangote from being the needed candidate for Nigeria in this period, maybe in the future, this can be possible. We need to thank Mr. Aliko Dangote and his Group for the New Refinery that will commence operation in May 2019.

Another Capitalist that is worth mentioning, a selfless and people-oriented is Mr Wale Adenuga of Globacom. Please don't judge him because of the bad internet network, Boda Wale is a good person in his personality, I would be right if I say Boda Wale employed more than required labour in his organization, this is as a result of his love for people. Yet being a Capitalist, cannot be president at this period.

The examples I cited above are references to show you that no matter how a Capitalist succeed in his business does not necessarily mean he can be a better Manager of a complex country like Nigeria. Even OBJ a principled retired Military man knew how tough is to govern Nigeria. In your personal business, nobody within the organization rank will work against your business objective, but in politics, you will face opposition even within your own political party. There will be agitation of all sort, sabotage will rise against you, this is not obtainable while running your personal business.

Apart from unsatiable desire to include Presidency status to his personal profile, I do not see anything Mr Atiku Stands for. He once used restructuring as political gimmicks to gain followers, but since Campaign has commenced officially, he has not outlined how he will carry out the restructuring. Maybe he has it in his "Atiku's Plan" and I missed the part. Point to note is that Mr Atiku has failed to utilize the social media to preach the gospel of his "Atiku Plan" other than mudslinging. His clandestine travel to America, The Presidential Debate should have been utilized to convince those on the fence to join his side, but he failed to use the medium. His failure to tell Nigeria show That Mr Atiku is not a believer of Nigeria project. I still don't know what he stands for, unlike his counterpart, M. Buhari who is underperforming, we know it was since 2003 he had been campaigning against financial recklessness know as corruption. No President can fix all the problems in 8 years, but If Atiku plan to fix the major problem, like Electricity, Unemployment, Agriculture, etc while still touching other areas, let him focus his campaign towards that but because a capitalist will always be self-centred, I am of the opinion that Mr Atiku is running the Presidential race to improve his social status and image.

Before it,s too late Atiku can repent and be converted, January 30 is coming where he and his running mate will be facing Ahmed Kadaria on "The Candidate", let him use the medium to prove me and others wrong that he is Atikulated to performed better than the Incumbent President.

I will drop my pen here till next week when I will be wasting 5 minutes of your time, as you read what will happen IF Atiku becomes President.

The Eagles Eye See Far Beyond His Front

Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Is Wrong! Why Atiku Should Not Become President by GoodMuyis(m): 6:39pm On Jan 23, 2019
After Thought1:
The market competitiveness we are getting in the telecoms industry was drive by Boda Wale Aadenuga. He first crashed the pay-per-minute call tariff to pay-per-seconds. And then went ahead to crash the data market with Glo Advantageous Data Plan
Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Is Wrong! Why Atiku Should Not Become President by mekaboy(m): 6:51pm On Jan 23, 2019
Economies doing well around the world a private sector driven. Atiku owns businesses that contributes to growth of the economy.

He understands profit and loss. Buharis cows have not multiplied since 4 years. Apart from cook, driver etc paid for by government, buhari has not employed anyone or created employment opportunities for anyone.

That's what obassanjo is talking about.
Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Is Wrong! Why Atiku Should Not Become President by GoodMuyis(m): 11:17pm On Jan 30, 2019
mekaboy:
Economies doing well around the world a private sector driven. Atiku owns businesses that contributes to growth of the economy.
He understands profit and loss. Buharis cows have not multiplied since 4 years. Apart from cook, driver etc paid for by government, buhari has not employed anyone or created employment opportunities for anyone.
That's what obassanjo is talking about.

If you have ever been in a leadership position, you will know that your personal success cannot be carried over to other section. That Buhari does not employ anyone is not a yardstick. There are people who are not passionate about doing business, if they do, it will be a failure.

OBJ was able to handle Nigeria to some levels, he is a principled man in business, but could not translate personal life, still having basic family issues (am not insulting but comparison).
Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Is Wrong! Why Atiku Should Not Become President by KunleyY19(m): 1:37am On Jan 31, 2019
Being an MD or CEO doesn't make you a good president ask A successful Businessman Chief Shonekan if he find it easy during his 3 months as interim Presido...

MY main problem with this other option atiku is I can't Just imagine Fayose been the SGF...
gringringrin
Re: OPINION: Obasanjo Is Wrong! Why Atiku Should Not Become President by GoodMuyis(m): 8:20am On Jan 31, 2019
KunleyY19:
Being an MD or CEO doesn't make you a good president ask A successful Businessman Chief Shonekan if he find it easy during his 3 months as interim Presido...

MY main problem with this other option atiku is I can't Just imagine Fayose been the SGF...
gringringrin

Thank you. I would trust a mathematician than a president

(1) (Reply)

Umahi Announces N5m Donation To APC Governorship Candidate, Sen Ogbuoji To Impro / Rev. Fr. Mbaka Visits Buhari / What The Law Says On CJN Issue.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.