Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) (32881 Views)

Chelsea New Signing Gonzalo Higuain Trains Alone At Cobham (Photos) / Gonzalo Higuain Pictured At Airport Ahead Of Chelsea Transfer (Photo) / Gonzalo Higuain's £49M Move to Chelsea Takes a New Twist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by Johnpaul01: 11:02pm On Jan 24, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Ratio. Ratio. Check the average of Fabregas assist to game at Barcelona and check Iniesta. You will see Fabregas had a higher ratio but Iniesta was the better player.
How many time do I have to explain to you that Fabregas was there for only 3 years and his ratio should be better, if you want to compare, compare the ratio of the time they spent there together
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:05pm On Jan 24, 2019
Johnpaul01:

Guardiola game still reflects on the creativity of his midfielders, if not for injury, de bruyne would have been the highest assist giver in EPL this season but Kovacic lacks creativity, he cannot create chances

As I said. The systems are not replicas but the common denominator is that the midfielders must work like horses. Fabregas totally lacks that but Kovacic is a monster when it comes to hard work.
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:06pm On Jan 24, 2019
Johnpaul01:
How many time do I have to explain to you that Fabregas was there for only 3 years and his ratio should be better, if you want to compare, compare the ratio of the time they spent there together

I wish you can dig out that stat but I can bet Fabregas goals and assists will dwarf that of Iniesta in that three years period. However, Iniesta was still the better player.

That is the point I am passing.
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by Johnpaul01: 11:10pm On Jan 24, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Ratio. Ratio. Check the average of Fabregas assist to game at Barcelona and check Iniesta. You will see Fabregas had a higher ratio but Iniesta was the better player.
And I just found out that Fabregas that has spent over 6 years in EPL has more pass accuracy, cross accuracy, tackle success accuracy, in short anything accuracy than Kovacic that has played only 20 matches
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:12pm On Jan 24, 2019
Johnpaul01:
And I just found out that Fabregas that has spent over 6 years in EPL has more pass accuracy, cross accuracy, tackle success accuracy, in short anything accuracy than Kovacic that has played only 20 matches

Yes but Fabregas lacks the intensity and work rate to keep up with the modern game of play. Something Kovacic packs in abundance. Study Wijnaldum of Liverpool and you will get the true picture.
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by Johnpaul01: 11:12pm On Jan 24, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

As I said. The systems are not replicas but the common denominator is that the midfielders must work like horses. Fabregas totally lacks that but Kovacic is a monster when it comes to hard work.
But their EPL stats shows that Fabregas defends better, passes better, shoots better, scores better, assists better, crosses better, plays freekick better than Monster Kovacic
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by edi287: 11:14pm On Jan 24, 2019
einsteine:

You keep shouting Wikipedia Wikipedia. I can go there right now and edit what's on that page. We watched Brozovich in the world cup. He is a typical defensive midfielder whose major role is providing cover for the defense. He doesn't move the ball like Modric or Kovacic
Then you haven't watched Brozovic at all. His main position is as a CM. He can play as an AM, DM or even outwide.

Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:18pm On Jan 24, 2019
Johnpaul01:

Bernardo Silva did everything,” Guardiola told reporters. “He is the smallest one but shows us that to play football you don't have to be taller or more physical.

“He is incredible. I haven't seen performance like that in a while. It was clean and clever. Against Van Dijk he was comfortable.”

https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/ive-not-seen-a-performance-like-that-in-a-while-pep-hails/1ifixxewrnfmn10lo3aok66zo5

Like I highlighted before. This was the best midfield performance I ever watched. Fabregas lacks the work rate to do something this stellar but Kovacic does. This makes Kovacic a more ideal fit.

Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by Johnpaul01: 11:29pm On Jan 24, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I wish you can dig out that stat but I can bet Fabregas goals and assists will dwarf that of Iniesta in that three years period. However, Iniesta was still the better player.

That is the point I am passing.
I just did that and in 2011/2012 Fabregas had 8 assists while Iniesta had 10 in LA liga and in 2012/2013, Fabregas had 11 while iniesta had 16

Iniesta was always better
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by Johnpaul01: 11:31pm On Jan 24, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Bernardo Silva did everything,” Guardiola told reporters. “He is the smallest one but shows us that to play football you don't have to be taller or more physical.

“He is incredible. I haven't seen performance like that in a while. It was clean and clever. Against Van Dijk he was comfortable.”

https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/ive-not-seen-a-performance-like-that-in-a-while-pep-hails/1ifixxewrnfmn10lo3aok66zo5

Like I highlighted before. This was the best midfield performance I ever watched. Fabregas lacks the work rate to do something this stellar but Kovacic does. This makes Kovacic a more ideal fit.
Fabregas lacks the work rate but he outperforms Kovacic in every angle
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:36pm On Jan 24, 2019
Johnpaul01:

I just did that and in 2011/2012 Fabregas had 8 assists while Iniesta had 10 in LA liga and in 2012/2013, Fabregas had 11 while iniesta had 16

Iniesta was always better

The stats are wrong. Iniesta might have better stats but from what I am seeing, Fabregas has 36 assists for Barcelona.

By the way, you can see Iniesta having 10 assist in a whole season but still one of the best midfielders in the World. So assists, goals are not key to the modern midfield game. The intensity and work rate is key. Fabregas lacks behind in this and was atrocious at Chelsea.
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:38pm On Jan 24, 2019
Johnpaul01:

Work rate is key. I pointed out Bernardo Silva at Liverpool is my best midfield performance ever. All those angles you are looking at is not as key as the work rate. People see De Bruyne and Silva for their intelligent passes but miss out in the monstrosity of their work rates.

From now on, study Wijnaldum.
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:44pm On Jan 24, 2019
Johnpaul01:

“But at the end I realized that the majority of Barca fans didn’t like me anymore, and so I had to make a step aside.”... Cesc Fabregas on leaving Barcelona.
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by edi287: 11:56pm On Jan 24, 2019
Johnpaul01:
Fabregas had more assists in the 3 year period he was at Barca.
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by Johnpaul01: 11:59pm On Jan 24, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

The stats are wrong. Iniesta might have better stats but from what I am seeing, Fabregas has 36 assists for Barcelona.

By the way, you can see Iniesta having 10 assist in a whole season but still one of the best midfielders in the World. So assists, goals are not key to the modern midfield game. The intensity and work rate is key. Fabregas lacks behind in this and was atrocious at Chelsea.
I just checked those first two seasons stats and iniesta was leading, so why the problems, and iniesta had 10 assists because his team were full of assist givers, but as for Fabregas and Kovacic, Fabregas outplays him in all the stats. period
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:25am On Jan 25, 2019
Johnpaul01:

I just checked those first two seasons stats and iniesta was leading, so why the problems, and iniesta had 10 assists because his team were full of assist givers, but as for Fabregas and Kovacic, Fabregas outplays him in all the stats. period

I have made it simple for you. Fabregas lacks the work rate to meet up with the modern game of football.
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:28am On Jan 25, 2019
Johnpaul01:

Cesc Fabregas' work rate continues to let him down

The ‘luxury players’ in the Premier League are a breed that seem to be diminishing of late, with the harder working players more likely to make the team sheet first.

The best example of a luxury player is Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas. He is incredibly talented on the ball, intelligent with his reading of the game in an offensive sense and he can unlock a defence with a perfectly weighted through ball. However, where he struggles is in his defensive duties and work rate, or lack thereof.

https://www.eyefootball.com/mobile/32374/Cesc-Fabregas-work-rate-continues-him.html
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:32am On Jan 25, 2019
Johnpaul01:

Sky pundit Jamie Carragher believes that Chelsea boss Antonio Conte picked Oscar ahead of Cesc Fabregas against West Ham United on Monday because the Brazilian has better work-rate.

http://www.squawka.com/en/news/jamie-carragher-conte-picked-oscar-over-fabregas-due-to-his-work-rate/748756?amp-on
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by dumininu01(m): 4:56pm On Jan 25, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Yes but Fabregas lacks the intensity and work rate to keep up with the modern game of play. Something Kovacic packs in abundance. Study Wijnaldum of Liverpool and you will get the true picture.
I think dah wijnaldum is one of the most underrated midfielders in Europe... Fantastic player
Re: Chelsea Have Today Completed The Signing Of Striker Gonzalo Higuain(Pics) by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:27pm On Jan 25, 2019
dumininu01:
I think dah wijnaldum is one of the most underrated midfielders in Europe... Fantastic player

I totally agree. Super player but does his job without much noise. Ironical part is that as a youngster, he used to play in an offensive pattern and looked like the next Ronaldinho. His transformation is shocking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpsz_fd7GBM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Victor Osimhen Rated Fourth Best Striker In Europe / Ibrahimovic Reveals What Caused Pogba’s Fight With Jose Mourinho / Kanu Nwankwo Celebrates His 43rd Birthday With Love Up Photo With Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.