Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,718 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

How To Sleep According To The Sunnah - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How To Sleep According To The Sunnah (16388 Views)

Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah / How To Drink Water According To Sunnah / How We Are To Have Sex With Our Wives In Accordance To Sunnah- Friday Lecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Sleep According To The Sunnah by ImaIma1(f): 10:45am On Mar 01, 2019
Pregnant women are advised to sleep on their left side more because it increases the blood and nutrients that go to the placenta and the baby. How do you reconcile both?

Besides some people cannot stay in one position all through the night.
Re: How To Sleep According To The Sunnah by olarid01: 10:46am On Mar 01, 2019
baby124:
Hmmm... being a slave to either a good or bad master still makes you a slave. Which means all your rights and human decency are stripped from you. It’s never a good way to describe your relationship with Allah... so if the good way to sleep is on the right, what about the wife who sleeps on the left. Is she sleeping correctly ?

Hmmm, I was tempted to object but perhaps, you are right.
The word 'slave' is not the correct translation for عبد as far as our relationship with Allah is concerned. It is a little too strong, mind you, not entirely incorrect, but slightly stronger than it should be....my opinion though
Re: How To Sleep According To The Sunnah by olarid01: 10:46am On Mar 01, 2019
baby124:
Hmmm... being a slave to either a good or bad master still makes you a slave. Which means all your rights and human decency are stripped from you. It’s never a good way to describe your relationship with Allah... so if the good way to sleep is on the right, what about the wife who sleeps on the left. Is she sleeping correctly ?

Hmmm, I was tempted to object but perhaps, you are right.
The word 'slave' is not the correct translation for عبد as far as our relationship with Allah is concerned. It is a little too strong, mind you, not entirely incorrect, but slightly stronger than it should be....my opinion though
Re: How To Sleep According To The Sunnah by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 01, 2019
Earthquake2:

Swear you have not heard of durex in your entire life

Bad guy grin
seriously, I haven't. Protections are for couples, live a pious life, as a Muslim, you will enjoy it, and you will surely be very happy with yourself when you die. Now, I know what durrex is, I've never heard about it. Thanks.
Re: How To Sleep According To The Sunnah by malvisguy212: 10:52am On Mar 01, 2019
SouthEastFacts:
What about the islamic way to shitt?

Islamic religion is very canal . they focus on the outward man and leave the spiritual. .

what defile a man? “It is not what enters into a man’s mouth that defiles him, but it is what comes out of his mouth that defiles him.”​
Re: How To Sleep According To The Sunnah by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 01, 2019
baby124:
we are all slaves to Allah, as the heart is at the left side of our body, to my view, sleeping on the left would lead to resting the right side of our body, which is heavier, on the heart, the heart is a very delicate organ. It's the best for us to sleep on our right, but sleeping on the left won't lead us to sinning, talkless hellfire. There is a way Islamic scholars answer, questions, they learn how to determine priority, if doing something good will affect the life of an innocent don't do it, just like in the question of pregnant women sleeping on their left and like killing people during war, Islam doesn't permit killing at all, but killing terrorist is the priority, because leaving them affects the lives of larger masses.

1 Like

Re: How To Sleep According To The Sunnah by Teeboi56: 11:12am On Mar 01, 2019
Juliet11111:

You muslims are slaves to God while we Christians are CHILDREN of God. That means Muslims are slaves to Christians since you are slaves to our father.
Oponu
May Allah for give u
Re: How To Sleep According To The Sunnah by Earthquake2: 11:12am On Mar 01, 2019
Nurrex:
seriously, I haven't. Protections are for couples, live a pious life, as a Muslim, you will enjoy it, and you will surely be very happy with yourself when you die. Now, I know what durrex is, I've never heard about it. Thanks.

Ya my nigga grin

grin grin grin
Re: How To Sleep According To The Sunnah by SouthEastFacts: 11:25am On Mar 01, 2019
malvisguy212:
Islamic religion is very canal . they focus on the outward man and leave the spiritual. .

what defile a man? “It is not what enters into a man’s mouth that defiles him, but it is what comes out of his mouth that defiles him.”​
Are you aware you just quoted Jesus here?
Re: How To Sleep According To The Sunnah by baby124: 11:25am On Mar 01, 2019
Nurrex:
we are all slaves to Allah, as the heart is at the left side of our body, to my view, sleeping on the left would lead to resting the right side of our body, which is heavier, on the heart, the heart is a very delicate organ. It's the best for us to sleep on our right, but sleeping on the left won't lead us to sinning, talkless hellfire. There is a way Islamic scholars answer, questions, they learn how to determine priority, if doing something good will affect the life of an innocent don't do it, just like in the question of pregnant women sleeping on their left and like killing people during war, Islam doesn't permit killing at all, but killing terrorist is the priority, because leaving them affects the lives of larger masses.
Well ... the best way to sleep is on your back if you are not pregnant. As for the slave part, that is debateable. Everyone’s relationship with God and how they see God is different. By the way does Islam not promote free will? If we have free will in Islam then Muslims are not slaves. Besides Abeed is a derogatory word used by Arabs against black people to call them slaves. In your quest to be more Muslim than the Arab, can you explain why this kind of disrespect is so prominent in Arab countries? If they do not see themselves as Abeed, why should black Muslims?
Re: How To Sleep According To The Sunnah by malvisguy212: 11:30am On Mar 01, 2019
SouthEastFacts:
Are you aware you just quoted Jesus here?
by his Grace am a Christian.
Re: How To Sleep According To The Sunnah by SouthEastFacts: 11:34am On Mar 01, 2019
malvisguy212:
by his Grace am a Christian.
Thought as much
Re: How To Sleep According To The Sunnah by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 01, 2019
Juliet11111:
islam is bondage. I swear to God. Imagine you guys calling yourselves slaves of God. I spit on you all.

Really, well am a proud servant of Allah grin keep spitting grin
Re: How To Sleep According To The Sunnah by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 01, 2019
sarahade:

Happy New month. Psycho i will fish you all out. Terrorist go away
Oh boy you seem really frustrated, I so pity your live
Re: How To Sleep According To The Sunnah by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 01, 2019
baby124:

Well ... the best way to sleep is on your back if you are not pregnant. As for the slave part, that is debateable. Everyone’s relationship with God and how they see God is different. By the way does Islam not promote free will? If we have free will in Islam then Muslims are not slaves. Besides Abeed is a derogatory word used by Arabs against black people to call them slaves. In your quest to be more Muslim than the Arab, can you explain why this kind of disrespect is so prominent in Arab countries? If they do not see themselves as Abeed, why should black Muslims?
The king of saudi, Salman bin AbdulAziz, president of Algeria AbdelAziz bouteflika. Arabs use the word 'abd' in Naming their kids more than any other Muslims. All Muslims are Allah 'abd' which is close to slave in islam and not even related to child like you Cristians use. So, if we can't call Allah our master, according to you, what word best describes the relationship, don't tell me father because u know it' wrong. Yes, we All have free will, under the limits he place us. We are still slaves because out of free will, you can't leave earth, and go to paradise, yes we have free will but we must still worship him in order to go to paradise, we have free will but we must still obey him in order to go to paradise, we have free will but he does whatever he likes with us, and cause rain even if we don't want, causes farmine, death, live. We are all 'abd' to our God.
Don't force me to bring scientific evidences, the best word to sleep if you are not pregnant is sleeping on your right. It helps blood circulation, and stop digestion process till you wake up, to avoid rumbling stomach.
Re: How To Sleep According To The Sunnah by sarahade(f): 11:54am On Mar 01, 2019
zhayyd039:

don't get this the wrong way, but it's for muslims. I really don't get why it concerns you.

And I'm a pagan abi. Ode

1 Like

Re: How To Sleep According To The Sunnah by amsktn: 12:57pm On Mar 01, 2019
YES.
EXCELLENT POINTS
Re: How To Sleep According To The Sunnah by OkunrinOloro: 12:20am On Mar 02, 2019
[img]https://images./5p9WXXEGMD8iTkqKhuI06.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./5TGqanV7TStl6J3cRNETWr.jpg[/img]

Rashduct4luv:

See the person wey get life as s/he dey curse!

I wonder which kind spouse you are living with. It must be hell putting up with you!

Abdullah ibn Mas’ud reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The believer does not insult others, he does not curse others, he is not vulgar, and he is not shameless.”

Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 1977

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani

Anyways! OP Jazaak Allaahu khayran for the reminder!

Aamin to all the du'a.
Re: How To Sleep According To The Sunnah by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 02, 2019
sarahade:

And I'm a pagan abi. Ode
Your problem.
Re: How To Sleep According To The Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:30am On Mar 02, 2019
OkunrinOloro:
[img]https://images./5p9WXXEGMD8iTkqKhuI06.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./5TGqanV7TStl6J3cRNETWr.jpg[/img]

Stop disgracing yourself with misplaced posters! We are past all these!
Re: How To Sleep According To The Sunnah by OkunrinOloro: 1:02pm On Mar 02, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Stop disgracing yourself with misplaced posters! We are past all these!

[img]https://images./2qs98E64lpatpiaO4fKjr5.jpg[/img]
Re: How To Sleep According To The Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 6:14pm On Mar 02, 2019
Re: How To Sleep According To The Sunnah by OkunrinOloro: 7:24pm On Mar 02, 2019

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophetic Cure For Scorpion Sting / Can We Search For a Wife/husband Via The Internet? / Islamic Teachings on Intimate Relations Between Spouses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.