Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,385 members, 7,800,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe - Pets (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe (51179 Views)

Rate My Caucasian / SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies / Meet Isis My Caucasian Shepherd. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by tranxo(m): 7:38pm On May 18, 2020
Namdeenero:
Ceasar says hello
Looks like he is the one walking you
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by sammchuck1: 7:42pm On May 18, 2020
Namdeenero:
Ceasar says hello

cute. chai RIP Billy cry

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Segunhife(m): 3:34am On May 19, 2020
Mr Anderson, you are doing well. I read from page 1 to the very last page. Your thread made me fall in love more with CO. I actually plan on getting one later this month or next month. I was doing some research online when I stumbled on this thread. Mr Roscoe, I hail oo. A wonderful CO you have there. I so much love their big size and furry CO are but I think I’ll need to message you so I can get more insight about them. That will help me decide whether to get a CO or GSD.
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Namdeenero(m): 11:37am On May 19, 2020
tranxo:
Looks like he is the one walking you
Nope not at all, I walked behind so I could take those pictures

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Namdeenero(m): 11:38am On May 19, 2020
sammchuck1:

cute. chai RIP Billy cry
Such a nice dog cry
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by sammchuck1: 11:42am On May 19, 2020
Namdeenero:
Such a nice dog cry

pain me oo cry
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Namdeenero(m): 11:44am On May 19, 2020
sammchuck1:

pain me oo cry
Take heart bro
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by tranxo(m): 12:09pm On May 19, 2020
Namdeenero:
Nope not at all, I walked behind so I could take those pictures
ok
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 12:47pm On May 19, 2020
sammchuck1:

cute. chai RIP Billy cry
chai what happened?
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by sammchuck1: 12:48pm On May 19, 2020
IamAnderson:

chai what happened?

sickness + tick infestation.
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 12:55pm On May 19, 2020
sammchuck1:

sickness + tick infestation.
wow, I'm so sorry sad

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 12:57pm On May 19, 2020
Segunhife:
Mr Anderson, you are doing well. I read from page 1 to the very last page. Your thread made me fall in love more with CO. I actually plan on getting one later this month or next month. I was doing some research online when I stumbled on this thread. Mr Roscoe, I hail oo. A wonderful CO you have there. I so much love their big size and furry CO are but I think I’ll need to message you so I can get more insight about them. That will help me decide whether to get a CO or GSD.
lol it's my pleasure, feel free to message me on WhatsApp anytime, my number is on the thread

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 5:45pm On May 19, 2020
Due to the stay at home order, everyone has been at home order so he has been excited most of the time. He's not used to seeing everyone at home all day like this so he's just everywhere with happiness now.
He also made a new friend "Rocky", I met Rocky's owner walking him one day and we talked and he also met Roscoe so he started bringing rocky to our house.
For now, Rocky is scared of him but hopefully he'll warm up to him.

The very first day they met, as Rocky got to our gate with the owner, he sensed Roscoe and started barking and growling at him from outside the gate, and Roscoe barked back.
When I brought Roscoe out to introduce them, Rocky kept quiet and started whining and he got scared so the owner even had to cross the street with him to keep distance.
Roscoe was just pulling his chain and struggling to get to Rocky so Rocky went to stay close to his owner and started making puppy noises lol.
I'm guessing he's scared of Roscoe because of his size but hopefully he'll warm up to him soon, for now they are kept separate from each other when they meet.
Anyways, the port Harcourt lockdown just started on Sunday so everywhere has been blocked, I can't even get fresh meat for his feeding so he's on dry meat now, it has also cancelled some of his mating appointments so let's see where it leads.
Hopefully it'll get better. smiley
lalasticlala
seun
Recent pics of Roscoe wink

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 5:51pm On May 19, 2020
Roscoe's current age

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 5:53pm On May 19, 2020
pictures of Rocky, he's about a year old

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Dreazy23(m): 7:32pm On May 19, 2020
IamAnderson:
Due to the stay at home order, everyone has been at home order so he has been excited most of the time. He's not used to seeing everyone at home all day like this so he's just everywhere with happiness now.
He also made a new friend "Rocky", I met Rocky's owner walking him one day and we talked and he also met Roscoe so he started bringing rocky to our house.
For now, Rocky is scared of him but hopefully he'll warm up to him.

The very first day they met, as Rocky got to our gate with the owner, he sensed Roscoe and started barking and growling at him from outside the gate, and Roscoe barked back.
When I brought Roscoe out to introduce them, Rocky kept quiet and started whining and he got scared so the owner even had to cross the street with him to keep distance.
Roscoe was just pulling his chain and struggling to get to Rocky so Rocky went to stay close to his owner and started making puppy noises lol.
I'm guessing he's scared of Roscoe because of his size but hopefully he'll warm up to him soon, for now they are kept separate from each other when they meet.
Anyways, the port Harcourt lockdown just started on Sunday so everywhere has been blocked, I can't even get fresh meat for his feeding so he's on dry meat now, it has also cancelled some of his mating appointments so let's see where it leads.
Hopefully it'll get better. smiley
lalasticlala
seun
Recent pics of Roscoe wink
He’s soo looking good
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 2:56am On May 20, 2020
Dreazy23:
He’s soo looking good
thanks bro wink
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Dreazy23(m): 8:20am On May 20, 2020
IamAnderson:
pictures of Rocky, he's about a year old

he’s looking skinny
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Sofia01: 10:25am On May 20, 2020
IamAnderson:
Roscoe's current age
My big boy kiss

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 11:10am On May 20, 2020
Dreazy23:

he’s looking skinny
yeah his owner probably doesn't feed him well
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 11:11am On May 20, 2020
Sofia01:
My big boy kiss
wink
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by libertypreyekp: 12:54pm On Jun 02, 2020
More updates on him please

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by oshdot(m): 7:41pm On Jun 03, 2020
@IamAnderson just got my cauc delivered to me two days back with the ear not cropped, he is exactly 8weeks old now. Just wondering if the ear can still be cropped at that age.

Secondly, the dog just would not eat, I got him booster dry and canned food by the way. Is there any tips you can give to help with this?
PS: I always soak the dry booster puppy food in water before serving him.
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by space9880: 9:23pm On Jun 03, 2020
oshdot:
@IamAnderson just got my cauc delivered to me two days back with the ear not cropped, he is exactly 8weeks old now. Just wondering if the ear can still be cropped at that age.

Secondly, the dog just would not eat, I got him booster dry and canned food by the way. Is there any tips you can give to help with this?
why not mix the booster with the can food
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 12:28am On Jun 05, 2020
oshdot:

yes you can crop his ears, get an experienced person to do it.
mix the dry food with canned food and try serving him
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by oshdot(m): 11:11am On Jun 05, 2020
Thanks guys, spoke with my vet concerning the ear, he claims cropping the ear now might cause a lot of bleeding, and I will have to nurse the wound for days if not weeks. Already considering leaving the ear by the way.

Mixed the dry food with the can food as advised, but the moment he sniffs the food and smell the dry food, he just walks away leaving the food. So tired, I wish I could just drop him is food and he eats right away, it's so exhausting.
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by IamAnderson(m): 8:54am On Jun 06, 2020
oshdot:
Thanks guys, spoke with my vet concerning the ear, he claims cropping the ear now might cause a lot of bleeding, and I will have to nurse the wound for days if not weeks. Already considering leaving the ear by the way.

Mixed the dry food with the can food as advised, but the moment he sniffs the food and smell the dry food, he just walks away leaving the food. So tired, I wish I could just drop him is food and he eats right away, it's so exhausting.
have you tried mixing it with meat or fish?
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 06, 2020
oshdot:

Ear cropping is usually done between 6-12 weeks, however unless for working purposes I find it a useless a painful exercise...........Usually you'll find that Caucs imported from Russia always have their ears cropped due to them being specifically bred for working purposes, same with imported Boerboels from SA always having docked tails, its not for aesthetics but to aid in the working ability of the dog.

If your dog is not eating due to being a picky eater( not because of a health issue), my advise would be to just leave the food out and don't feed him anything else, regardless if your dog likes dry food or not, once he is hungry he will eat it!!
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by oshdot(m): 10:37am On Jun 06, 2020
IamAnderson:

have you tried mixing it with meat or fish?
Even though I mixed fish with rice at a point which he gulped, he had refused taking the rice prior to adding the fish, I did same with the dry food and he still wouldn't take it.

I noticed he absolutely love meat though, maybe I should try mix the dry food with meat. I even mashed the dry food thinking maybe he is having hard time chewing them, that didn't work either.

Had to prepare pap mixed with milk for him this morning before I left for work, at least he takes that.
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by oshdot(m): 10:41am On Jun 06, 2020
Could it be that the dog just doesn't like booster dry food, maybe I should try out optimax.
Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by oshdot(m): 10:50am On Jun 06, 2020
jln115:
Ear cropping is usually done between 6-12 weeks, however unless for working purposes I find it a useless a painful exercise...........Usually you'll find that Caucs imported from Russia always have their ears cropped due to them being specifically bred for working purposes, same with imported Boerboels from SA always having docked tails, its not for aesthetics but to aid in the working ability of the dog.

If your dog is not eating due to being a picky eater( not because of a health issue), my advise would be to just leave the food out and don't feed him anything else, regardless if your dog likes dry food or not, once he is hungry he will eat it!!

Thanks man! Yes I noticed two days back that he eat the dry food without mixing it, that was the only time he eat them, I guess he was extremely hungry and felt he had no choice. Would try not feeding him any other food aside the dry food as advised, my fear though is having him starved.

1 Like

Re: Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 06, 2020
oshdot:

Thanks man! Yes I noticed two days back that he eat the dry food without mixing it, that was the only time he eat them, I guess he was extremely hungry and felt he had no choice. Would try not feeding him any other food aside the dry food as advised, my fear though is having him starved.
He won't starve mate wink This is just to get him used to dry food, once he is used to eating dry food you can start mixing fish,meat ect ect!!

Even now you can still mix smaller amounts of meat and wet food with is dry food just to get him eating!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply)

Dog Adopts A Human Pose While Cruising Down A Highway( Pics, Video) / We Caught This Monitor Lizard And I Am Presently Keeping It As A Pet / These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.