Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,374 members, 7,808,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) (24434 Views)

Dele Adeleke Joins Governorship Race (Photo) / Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) / Abdul'azeez Yar'adua Joins Senatorial Race (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) by nigeriapenbase: 7:33am On Jan 25, 2019

Internal wrangling occurred yesterday in the Allied Congress Party of Nigeria (APCN) leading to the withdrawal of the party’s presidential candidate, Dr. Oby Ezekwesili, from the race. But the party leadership accused her of using the platform to negotiate for ministerial position, threatening to drag her to court if she refused to return campaign donations made to her as its presidential candidate.

Ezekwesili became the ACPN presidential candidate last year and had been campaigning since then, including participating in last week’s presidential debate. She announced her withdrawal from the race in a statement yesterday by the spokesperson of her presidential campaign organisation, Ozioma Ubabukoh.

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), however, said the withdrawal came late as the period allowed for substitution of candidates had elapsed. Ezekwesili, however, promised that “every money donated to the campaign and funds spent will be accounted for in the coming days.”

The former Education Minister said she was stepping aside from the presidential race to help build a coalition to defeat the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the February 16 election. Ezekwesili said the decision to withdraw from the race followed extensive discussions with Nigerians at home and the Diaspora. This decision, she said, followed extensive consultations with leaders from various walks of life across the country over the past few days. “I deem it necessary for me to focus on helping to build a veritable coalition to ensure a viable alternative to the #APCPDP in the forthcoming elections.

“It is my ardent belief that this broad coalition for a viable alternative has now become more than ever before, an urgent mission for and on behalf of Nigerian citizens. “I have, therefore, chosen to lead the way in demonstrating the much needed patriotic sacrifice for our national revival and redirection,” she said.

News Source
: https://nigeriapen.com.ng/ezekwesili-why-i-pulled-out-of-presidential-race/

4 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 25, 2019
But the gullible ,lazy youths rushed to the social media as usual to say she's supporting the PDP because of a ministerial slot. I wonder why our youths are so fond of thinking upside-down in this country...and anytime the annual ratings are announced and none of the nigerian universities could make the best 500 globally, they'd get angry. No wonder the politicians always succeed in using their brains because they know they've got nothing up there. Until you liberate yourselves from sentiments, you'd always remain in one place.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) by Oshin56(m): 8:15am On Jan 25, 2019
That's the only thing he can do if you can not beat them you join them
Re: Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) by SolutionMee: 9:17am On Jan 25, 2019
cheesy

You're a scam.

I'm more interested in why Bill Gate dropped out of Harvard college. I can't do that. I can't sacrifice a formal education for a wishful dream like Microsoft. When his mates finally graduated, he attended their graduation ceremony and was highly humiliated. Silly Gate.

At the same time, we're more interested in the reason why you dropped out of motherhood to chase a failed political career. You're nothing but a man in a woman's body. You think like a man but act like a woman.

Confusion is your middle name.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) by frankman365(m): 10:27am On Jan 25, 2019
You for no even win your family votes. You just collected tithe from people. Pls kindly return their money. Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) by ct2: 10:27am On Jan 25, 2019
she as just taught us new ways of making money. scam

6 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) by Numlock: 10:27am On Jan 25, 2019
All na scam

4 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) by Raltrending(m): 10:28am On Jan 25, 2019
TOP NAIRALAND THREAD THAT WILL SHOCK YOU TO THE BONES, GUY THIS A MUST READ

I Want To Give My Boyfriend My Panties For Money Ritual, Will He Dumb Me Later? 
https://www.nairaland.com/4981887/want-give-boyfriend-panties-money

I Saw Different Nudes Of This Particular Lady On My Husbands Phone (SEE PHOTOS)
https://www.nairaland.com/4981928/saw-different-nudes-particular-lady

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) by bobokeshington: 10:28am On Jan 25, 2019
PLEASE MA RETURN MY DONATION SINCE YOU'RE NO LONGER CONTESTING... THANK YOU!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) by yertyr(m): 10:29am On Jan 25, 2019
Nice one oby
Recycling bad eggs have to stop
New nation.
If we elect PDP or APC, We must blame ourselves if things go wrong
cos we had option of better choices

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) by allthingsgood: 10:29am On Jan 25, 2019
hANTY it over. It have do. Go and drink pure water grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 25, 2019
ct2:
she as just taught us new ways of making money. scam
The woman is a big fraud.Pulling out just 20 days to election

8 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) by Nasri100(m): 10:30am On Jan 25, 2019
SolutionMee:
cheesy

You're a scam.

I'm more interested in why Bill Gate dropped out of Harvard college. I can't do that. I can't sacrifice a formal education for a wishful dream like Microsoft. When his mates finally graduated, he attended their graduation ceremony and was highly humiliated. Silly Gate.

At the same time, we're more interested in the reason why you dropped out of motherhood to chase a failed political career. You're nothing but a man in a woman's body. You think like a man but act like a woman.

Confusion is your middle name.

Nice sarcasm.

Bill Gate could just buy the school and graduation if he wants lol

9 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) by Passionate888: 10:31am On Jan 25, 2019
Buhari sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) by Baawaa(m): 10:31am On Jan 25, 2019
That is igbo for you,they will start what they cannot finish grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) by Prodigytal: 10:31am On Jan 25, 2019
Hmm
Re: Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) by Vicintonsh(m): 10:32am On Jan 25, 2019
Yahoo woman grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) by Chanchit: 10:33am On Jan 25, 2019
Exactly what I posted on my status yesterday.

6 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) by mutumina007: 10:39am On Jan 25, 2019
Re: Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) by Teeneyo(m): 10:42am On Jan 25, 2019
xxxinc4328:
Anytime u c dis
Na scam....
Re: Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) by Nobody: 10:43am On Jan 25, 2019
Raltrending:

TOP NAIRALAND THREAD THAT WILL SHOCK YOU TO THE BONES, GUY THIS A MUST READ

I Want To Give My Boyfriend My Panties For Money Ritual, Will He Dumb Me Later? 
https://www.nairaland.com/4981887/want-give-boyfriend-panties-money

I Saw Different Nudes Of This Particular Lady On My Husbands Phone (SEE PHOTOS)
https://www.nairaland.com/4981928/saw-different-nudes-particular-lady
If all you're trying to do is drag me to your blog, never mind, I'm not gonna check the links up. wink
Re: Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) by Jack012: 10:43am On Jan 25, 2019
See below
Re: Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) by NifemiKolade(m): 10:47am On Jan 25, 2019
She wouldn't even win her own ward! This country is a joke
Re: Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) by NothingDoMe: 10:47am On Jan 25, 2019
Hmmm. This is the reason why many don't like to support these upcoming politicians. They can do anyhow.

2 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) by Kagawa10: 10:47am On Jan 25, 2019
Wahala tie ni yen.

Canada is a developed country yet is suffering from this sweeping recession but you expect a developing country as Nigeria whose economy is oil dependent especially at a time oil is selling at a low $50 rate, not to be in recession?

If the stupid Jonathan hadn't looted us dry at a time oil was selling at $110 rate, if he had saved more as well as constructed major infrastructures, we wouldn't be suffering at this time oil is selling at $50 rate. Better still, if the klepto hadn't also looted our foreign reserve from $48b to $26b, we wouldn't be in the mess we're in.

Despite earning 60% less than the previous regime, this admnistration has come up with several social, agricultural and infrastructural projects. Look at Lagos-Ibadan road and other roads being constructed, our new railway lines, new rice mills, cheap fertilizer production, Npower social schemes, tradermoni etc yet you expect us to vote in a useless party that destroyed our economy again?

Atiku, neva again.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: Fresh Crisis In PDP Over Saraki’s Rumoured Presidential Bid / EFCC Raids Obanikoro’s House In Lagos / Lagos East Bye-Election: APC Takes Over PDP Campaign Office In Bariga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.