Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,957 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

I Haven’t Resigned, CJN Onnoghen Says; To Inaugurate Election Tribunal Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Haven’t Resigned, CJN Onnoghen Says; To Inaugurate Election Tribunal Members (24994 Views)

Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed / Breaking: FG Asks CJN Onnoghen To Vacate Office Over Asset Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Haven’t Resigned, CJN Onnoghen Says; To Inaugurate Election Tribunal Members by dre11(m): 12:32pm On Jan 25, 2019
Evelyn Okakwu

The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen, will be swearing in the members of the various 2019 election petition tribunals on Saturday, January 26.

The CJN said this through his media assistant, Awassam Bassey, on Friday.

Mr Onnoghen also described as absolute falsehood, the media reports that he resigned his office, following current allegations against him.

In a statement sent to PREMIUM TIMES by Mr Bassey on Friday, the CJN urged Nigerians to disregard the rumour and added that he is still performing his role as CJN.

“There’s absolutely no truth in the rumours making the round that the Hon. Chief Justice of Nigeria, His Lordship Hon. Mr. Justice Walter Samuel Nkanu Onnoghen, GCON, has resigned his office. It is fake news!

“The Hon CJN was in the office all through yesterday (Thursday) and sat in court. As part of his duties, the Hon CJN will be swearing in members of the 2019 National Assembly, Governorship & State Assembly Election Petition Tribunals tomorrow (Saturday 26th January 2019),” the statement said.

Okowa Campaign AD

Mr Onnoghen is facing trial over alleged false asset declaration brought against him by the Code of Conduct Bureau.

The Attorney General, Abubakar Malami has also requested that Mr Onnoghen resigns from office, following the various allegations.

The case, currently ongoing at the CCT was adjourned till January 28.

But the Court of Appeal on Thursday ordered the tribunal to suspend sitting, pending the discharge of current applications before it.

The Court of Appeal will give its verdict on the matter on January 30.

The appeals were brought by Mr Onnoghen who wants his trial halted, citing lack of merit.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/307800-i-havent-resigned-cjn-onnoghen-says-to-inaugurate-election-tribunal-members.html

7 Likes

Re: I Haven’t Resigned, CJN Onnoghen Says; To Inaugurate Election Tribunal Members by EdoBoyJazzie: 12:34pm On Jan 25, 2019
Every other sensitive position has been taken by Northerners. From NNPC to the Army, Navy, Police, INEC etc

Abeg Onoghen is going no where

119 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Haven’t Resigned, CJN Onnoghen Says; To Inaugurate Election Tribunal Members by Nbote(m): 12:48pm On Jan 25, 2019
It is becos of election tribunal dey are trying to bully dis man into submission

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Haven’t Resigned, CJN Onnoghen Says; To Inaugurate Election Tribunal Members by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:52pm On Jan 25, 2019
A very fearless and hardworking CJN.One of the very best this country has seen.

116 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Haven’t Resigned, CJN Onnoghen Says; To Inaugurate Election Tribunal Members by Ikology(m): 12:54pm On Jan 25, 2019
We are still waiting patiently for the Supreme court verdict on Rivers APC,

while at it, the cabals are getting impatient..

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Haven’t Resigned, CJN Onnoghen Says; To Inaugurate Election Tribunal Members by modath(f): 1:01pm On Jan 25, 2019
Nbote:
It is becos of election tribunal dey are trying to bully dis man into submission
h

Did he or did he not "FORGET" to declare almost "$3,000,000

Like i said in another thread....

"Wike & PDP will push Onnoghen pass landing point inside gutter... "

20 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Haven’t Resigned, CJN Onnoghen Says; To Inaugurate Election Tribunal Members by haladadon: 2:09pm On Jan 25, 2019
modath:
h

Did he or did he not "FORGET" to declare almost "$3,000,000

Like i said in another thread....

"Wike & PDP will push Onnoghen pass landing point inside gutter... "

he forgot to declare the account because there was no money in the account.

6 Likes

Re: I Haven’t Resigned, CJN Onnoghen Says; To Inaugurate Election Tribunal Members by PaChukwudi44(m): 2:29pm On Jan 25, 2019
why is this thread not fp? Lalasticala!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Haven’t Resigned, CJN Onnoghen Says; To Inaugurate Election Tribunal Members by orion7: 2:30pm On Jan 25, 2019
Lol

onoghen is going no where.

zombies should chill

11 Likes

Re: I Haven’t Resigned, CJN Onnoghen Says; To Inaugurate Election Tribunal Members by Racoon(m): 2:31pm On Jan 25, 2019
cheesy Of course the status quo remains.The CJN is not clean I know but why have the APC followed up this case with so much gusto while they failed to see to the Maina, Lawal Babachir, Amaechi, Ganduje's investigation by the EFCC etc.Hypocrites! Buhari and the hausa-fulani feudal cabal will kill themselves.

19 Likes

Re: I Haven’t Resigned, CJN Onnoghen Says; To Inaugurate Election Tribunal Members by Lordbellish: 3:18pm On Jan 25, 2019
Niger Delta men no dey shake

3 Likes

Re: I Haven’t Resigned, CJN Onnoghen Says; To Inaugurate Election Tribunal Members by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 25, 2019
Buhari is seriously sick!

2 Likes

Re: I Haven’t Resigned, CJN Onnoghen Says; To Inaugurate Election Tribunal Members by Mystick: 3:21pm On Jan 25, 2019
The election tribunal members set up and other electoral litigation issues that will come up after the elections are the reason FG is trying to intimidate the judges and the judiciary at large.
Before you tell me about corruption and the judges, first tell us what has happened concerning Oshiomole's case which he has been fighting to stop being probed, tell me about Babashir lawal case who happens to be Buhari's presidential campaign organiser, tell me about Maina case, tell me about Obanikoro's case and many more who are hiding behind the APC broom, tell us about Akpabio's case.
If you are sincere to yourself, then you will see there is more to the judges intimidation than the corruption fighting smokescreen you are seeing.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Haven’t Resigned, CJN Onnoghen Says; To Inaugurate Election Tribunal Members by Finnese001: 3:22pm On Jan 25, 2019
grin
Re: I Haven’t Resigned, CJN Onnoghen Says; To Inaugurate Election Tribunal Members by semyman: 3:22pm On Jan 25, 2019
Imagine the effrontery, the audacity and the impudence of this cash and carry judge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Haven’t Resigned, CJN Onnoghen Says; To Inaugurate Election Tribunal Members by KingOfAmebo(m): 3:23pm On Jan 25, 2019
Is it not shameful and demonic that the anti-corruption government of Buhari and APC are now the ones going about bribing Nigerians with bags of rice and Tradermoni to buy votes?

Nigerians are indeed stupid(including the educated zombies) and deserves the kind of evil leaders they get.

8 Likes

Re: I Haven’t Resigned, CJN Onnoghen Says; To Inaugurate Election Tribunal Members by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 25, 2019
You will be put to shame and drag on the floor at last just like Tafa Balogun.... CRIMINAL.

A judge that is a CRIMINAL is worse than 10 CORRUPT politicans out TOGETHER.

Just imagine his effontery.

PDP is no more in power Stupid man.

900 MILLION Naira, apart from foreign currency?
55 Houses?

Devil punish your generations.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Haven’t Resigned, CJN Onnoghen Says; To Inaugurate Election Tribunal Members by AllenSpencer: 3:24pm On Jan 25, 2019
haladadon:

he forgot to declare the account because there was no money in the account.

And 3m came into it mistakenly.

Tell me more

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Haven’t Resigned, CJN Onnoghen Says; To Inaugurate Election Tribunal Members by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:24pm On Jan 25, 2019
dexterdmm4:
Let the yeye man go and resign. we dont need mean like him anymore
Who are the WE? You mean APC zombies? Who cares what zombies think?

6 Likes

Re: I Haven’t Resigned, CJN Onnoghen Says; To Inaugurate Election Tribunal Members by AllenSpencer: 3:26pm On Jan 25, 2019
melanch:
Onnoghen might be the savior of Nigeria. Watch out.

Low traffic? Google don't like you. Get backlinks from PR6-9 authority sites to make Google your friend.

A corrupt judge as a saviour!

He will only destroy Nigeria for his own personal interest.

Nigerian Judiciary is the most corrupt institution. Police are learners

2 Likes

Re: I Haven’t Resigned, CJN Onnoghen Says; To Inaugurate Election Tribunal Members by bricoo: 3:26pm On Jan 25, 2019
its your concern
Re: I Haven’t Resigned, CJN Onnoghen Says; To Inaugurate Election Tribunal Members by Valleys(m): 3:27pm On Jan 25, 2019
His case is congruent with that of tinubu during GEJ time

1 Like

Re: I Haven’t Resigned, CJN Onnoghen Says; To Inaugurate Election Tribunal Members by Alexk2(m): 3:28pm On Jan 25, 2019
Oh my dear country. We obviously have two set of laws; one for the previledged and the other for the common man but what is more painful is that it's the common man that often blindly & quickly take side with these so called "priveledged" to pervert justice and create the "two edged law" indirectly.
Let me state this clearly to all who care to listen; corruption have no tribe, no religion, no party and no colouration... And unfortunately, that is our no. 1 problem from which all other challenges can be solved easily when we decide to join hand together and fight that cancer ♋ that's killing our dear country.
Re: I Haven’t Resigned, CJN Onnoghen Says; To Inaugurate Election Tribunal Members by KanwuliaExtra: 3:30pm On Jan 25, 2019
Who asked JUBRIL to declare his number of cows?
Or to tell Nigerians how much he spent on his medical tourism? undecided

Sir Onnoghen!
HOLD YOUR GROUNDS!
Buhari and his CABAL of DUNCES cannot do SHYTE! kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Haven’t Resigned, CJN Onnoghen Says; To Inaugurate Election Tribunal Members by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 25, 2019
KanwuliaExtra:
Who asked JUBRIL to declare his number of cows?
Or to tell Nigerians how much he spent on his medical tourism? undecided
Ba sense.
Senseless post.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari May Sack Danbazau, Minister Of Interior Over Defence Procurement / Buhari Campaigns In Ogun State (Live Report... Photos) / Another Court Asks INEC Not To Issue Certificate Of Return To Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.