Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,797 members, 7,798,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos (16782 Views)

Jimi Agbaje To Tinubu: There’s A Limit To Hardship Nigerians Can Endure / Jimi Agbaje wins Lagos PDP Governorship Primary / Lagos: 2019 Jimi Agbaje Joins Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos by three: 1:03pm On Jan 25, 2019
Lagos State Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) gubernatorial candidate, Mr. Jimi Agbaje, has raised the alarm over the persistent methods of removal of his campaign posters and political party signs, which he blamed on the agents of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

He claimed that the practice, which has been on since campaign for the 2019 gubernatorial election started, obviously confirmed APC’s ill-motive and desperation to ensure that there is no level playing field.

In an interaction with The Guardian, Agbaje said PDP has on several occasions been the victim at the barbaric hands of miscreants, who have vandalized no fewer than 3,000 billboards and campaign materials in prime areas such as the Third Mainland Bridge; and have also enjoyed continued support from members of the ruling APC.

According to him: “The support received in the execution of these unlawful acts from the APC is evidenced by the surreptitious release of culprits, without sanction, including officials within the Lagos State Signage and Advertisement Agency (LASAA), apprehended recently in relation to the crimes.

“This has led to an increase in the unlawful activities, which have now been reported to be prevalent in over 35 constituencies across the state. “Is this how the APC intends to conduct elections – by stifling the opposition?”

The PDP candidate expressed displeasure that despite the best efforts of the Lagos State police commissioner towards thwarting these illegal activities “members of APC have devised other surreptitious strategies all in an attempt to silence and emasculate any opposition to their ‘anointed’ candidate for the position of governor.

The continued use of state apparatus and resources to fund the political campaign and that of their candidate, Babajide Sanwo-Olu and the excessive use of federal might in a local election are few out of the many instances of the ruling party’s arbitrary exercise of state power.”

Agbaje affirmed that neither his party nor the electorate could be cowed by the antics of the ruling party, which campaign materials are currently everywhere as if there are no other contestants. He said, “In a true democracy, one of the core tenets is the existence of a level playing field for every party without fear or favour.

Every citizen should be afforded the opportunity to consider the alternatives and not to be forced into making a decision. The acts by the ruling party are akin to a dictatorship aimed at oppressing the law-abiding members of the PDP who do not possess the political might and or the financial exuberance of APC.”

He, therefore, urged the electorate to stand against any form of tyranny as the election approaches, saying this is the best time to deliver the state from the shackles of bondage and ensure freedom to its people who have been held down under the whims and caprices of select individuals who have monopolized its resources and accumulated public funds for their private benefit.

https://www.thebreakingtimes.com/jimi-agbaje-laments-over-3000-of-my-billboards-others-destroyed-in-lagos/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

3 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos by Fuckuignos(f): 1:03pm On Jan 25, 2019
I just went through a Christian group WhatsApp discussion. Come & see arguments on Buhari & Atiku, the bile & invectives is on the level of NairaLand, some are even threatening to fight when they see in church. LMAO!

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos by Okimpem: 1:05pm On Jan 25, 2019
OK interesting
Re: Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos by Jayslicky: 1:12pm On Jan 25, 2019
They know this election would go in agbaje's favour so tinubu had to make use of his thugs, the damage tinubu and his tout has done in Lagos would take a while to cleanse. please lagosians let's make Lagos great, we should be as good as Paris, New York, Amsterdam, london. let's stop mediocrity.

112 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos by Micahd11(m): 1:34pm On Jan 25, 2019
That's cruel angry

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos by SEONaijaExpert: 1:34pm On Jan 25, 2019
Bloody liar!

Jimi Agbaje will qualify as the most laziest politician in history. Campaigns he will not do, billboard he will not place everywhere even his posters are scanty in Lagos and he wants winning the Governorship election to be presented to him on a platter of Gold.

Imagine a man talking about 3000 billboards? Where did APC took them to and where was it destroyed?

Lazy politician on a cheap and failed attempt to seek emotional votes.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos by September13: 1:34pm On Jan 25, 2019
Welcome to reality

Durrrh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos by Xcelinteriors(f): 1:35pm On Jan 25, 2019
Check my signature for affordable and durable window blind
Re: Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos by Justinlean02(m): 1:35pm On Jan 25, 2019
Holy Shit...
Re: Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos by Olukat(m): 1:35pm On Jan 25, 2019
I don't understand what's going on in our country shocked

4 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos by Tunasco4u(m): 1:35pm On Jan 25, 2019
OK
Re: Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos by firstolalekan(m): 1:36pm On Jan 25, 2019
Handy work of PDPigz

We know una plan

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 25, 2019
Hm
Re: Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos by Treasure17(m): 1:36pm On Jan 25, 2019
Politics of bitterness, hatred and enmity.

5 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos by Caviar: 1:37pm On Jan 25, 2019
Jimi, sorry about that but you know how these things work. I hope the best man wins though.

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos by Mopolchi: 1:37pm On Jan 25, 2019
No mind them, we go still win Lagos state. wink

6 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos by Heffalump(m): 1:37pm On Jan 25, 2019
They can destroy your billboard, but can't destroy your votes. Angels of the true God will fight for you, Sir.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos by maestroferdi: 1:38pm On Jan 25, 2019
The day APC took root in this country...

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos by maestroferdi: 1:38pm On Jan 25, 2019
Caviar:
Jimi, sorry about that but you know how these things work. I hope the best man wins though.
What are you talking about?

Learn to condemn evil when you see it...

Yesterday, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi went to welcome Buhari as he came for the South East zonal campaign...How many APC governors can do that?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos by bedspread: 1:38pm On Jan 25, 2019
This is Politics of Hate! It's Wickedness.....
Let the People decide not the Government in Power

9 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos by MufasaRebirth: 1:40pm On Jan 25, 2019
Petty Tinubu should call is agbero boys to order.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos by OnyeFely: 1:41pm On Jan 25, 2019
I wasn't really to see all Jimis billboards vandalized on Ikotun Egbe road, Isolo. Is this how our "sophisticated" neighbors play politics, politics of thuggery, n bitterness?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos by beclosetome: 1:41pm On Jan 25, 2019
I saw this barbaric practice at festac close to first gate, between Polaris and zenith bank. it is very bad. Removing posters and bill boards will not make one wins an election. lets be wise. the worst is that the youths that are involved in this will be forgotten after the said election. Lets be wise.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos by 3rdavefarms(m): 1:41pm On Jan 25, 2019
No simpathy vote this time around

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos by lonelydora: 1:43pm On Jan 25, 2019
Politics of bitterness by APC

6 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos by hefelove(m): 1:43pm On Jan 25, 2019
Apc billboards too are destroyed but them no complain, instead they do more bigger billboard and work hard on their campaigns. Apc billboards are everywhere in Lagos but you will hardly see PDP billboards, this man believes he can win election with social media. OYO lo wa

7 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Laments, Over 3,000 Of My Billboards, Others Destroyed In Lagos by seguno2: 1:44pm On Jan 25, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:
Bloody liar!

Jimi Agbaje will qualify as the most laziest politician in history. Campaigns he will not do, billboard he will not place everywhere even his posters are scanty in Lagos and he wants winning the Governorship election to be presented to him on a platter of Gold.

Imagine a man talking about 3000 billboards? Where did APC took them to and where was it destroyed.

Lazy political on a failed attempt to seek emotional votes from the masses.

Took or take them to
You are surely not an expert in English.
Did you also run away from school like that dullard in Aso Rock without certificate?

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tijjani Muhammad-Bande Arrives Nigeria, Gets Rousing Welcome / COVID-19 Vaccine: Makinde Takes Jab As Oyo Begins Rollout / Heads To Roll Over Kuje Prison Jailbreak, Dambazau Weighs In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.