Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,954 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN (56312 Views)

EFCC Raids Walter Onnoghen's House In Abuja / Photo: President Buhari And CJN Walter Onnoghen At Armed Forces Remembrance Day / Court Stops FG From Trying Walter Onnoghen, CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN by Sammyblaq(m): 7:39pm On Jan 25, 2019
seunmsg:
It’s game over for Onnoghen. This is what happens when corrupt and partisan judges populate the bench. He can now go and register officially as a PDP member. Better still, he can open a law firm and represent Wike in all his legal battles. Good riddance to a nonsense jurist.
Idiot!.
Tanko is not partisan right?
Use ur brain and not ur prick.
Re: Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 25, 2019
maestroferdi:
The beginning of the end...

When the inevitable eventuates, dont forget that the revolution started in Igboland...

A tyrant is running amok...He will make the ultimate mistake...

Are you guys not ashamed by your empty bragging and chest-besting? Last last, Ojukwu ran. Last last, Kanu the coward fled. Buhari should dull like mumu so CJN that Atiku and PDP has bribed with millions of dollar will annul his win using the judiciary the world will then insist Buhari must respect?

I have told you lot that you should pray for your own Tinubu instead of hating him.
He bested a sitting President in OBJ to turn SW majorly ACN and then totally APC. You think Tinubu will allow the repeat of Saraki NASS ambush?

Buhari has realised also that he is dealing with criminals and should let generalissimos like Tinubu deal with PDP rogues. Tinubu initiated this and PMB will end it because he now understands that to be politically naive in Nigeria will cause you problems like Saraki and Dogara saga.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN by Sammyblaq(m): 7:45pm On Jan 25, 2019
This Jubril doesn't respect rule of law and people are supporting him.
Cows! in human form... Failed state called Nigeria.

I come from the East. U can call me a BIAFRAN.
Re: Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN by Masterclass32: 7:53pm On Jan 25, 2019
Buhari is just being desperate. He should let Nigerians decide whether we manta him or not, not trying to force his ghastly administration on us a second time.

Well sha, his journey to back Daura is already determined. He should not just set the country on fire before leaving.
Re: Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN by Nosaghae(m): 7:55pm On Jan 25, 2019
[quote author=seunmsg post=75104320]It’s game over for Onnoghen. This is what happens when corrupt and partisan judges populate the bench. He can now go and register officially as a PDP member. Better still, he can open a law firm and represent Wike in all his legal battles. Good riddance to a nonsense jurist. [/quote
]
But you are dumb and blind when it comes to criminals i n buhari's train.
Hypocrite
Re: Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN by goodforme: 8:07pm On Jan 25, 2019
Some people underestimate the power of the president of the federal republic of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN by maestroferdi: 8:12pm On Jan 25, 2019
Oshigun:

Are you guys not ashamed by your empty bragging and chest-besting? Last last, Ojukwu ran. Last last, Kanu the coward fled. Buhari should dull like mumu so CJN that Atiku and PDP has bribed with millions of dollar will annul his win using the judiciary the world will then insist Buhari must respect?

I have told you lot that you should pray for your own Tinubu instead of hating him.
He bested a sitting President in OBJ to turn SW majorly ACN and then totally APC. You think Tinubu will allow the repeat of Saraki NASS ambush?

Buhari has realised also that he is dealing with criminals and should let generalissimos like Tinubu deal with PDP rogues. Tinubu initiated this and PMB will end it because he now understands that to be politically naive in Nigeria will cause you problems like Saraki and Dogara saga.
I wont be caught dead arguing with people like you as you are infra dig...
Re: Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN by Yopcity: 8:14pm On Jan 25, 2019
KwoiZabo:
I hope our country survives the remaining days of this administration.

That should be the prayer, buhari is trying hard to be the last président of nigeria !
Re: Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN by bikefab(m): 8:34pm On Jan 25, 2019
Re-birth of a tyrant...Nigeria is headed towards a constitutional crisis.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN by itsmine: 8:41pm On Jan 25, 2019
deomelo:
Just imagine the crooked and corrupt judge playing hide and seek, canceling meetings just to dodge, the crook even summoned 100 crooked SAN to do his bidding.

The fool actually thinks we are going to go through all that silly court injunction, appeals court and the usual rubbish they do all the time to escape justice.

PMB saw the game plan and pulled the rug from under their feet quick quick..

SAIBABA to the INFINITY.

grin grin
Re: Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN by Joyrise: 8:43pm On Jan 25, 2019
DeZoro:
Is this Buhari human? Could he able to suspend Saraki? This man want to bring war to Nigeria? Buhari doesn't have the right to suspend a CJN

I read some comments here and conclude how childish some people are. Buhari can not suspend Saraki because he was elected while Onnoghen was appointed by Buhari himself so he can suspend him.

We know PDP wants to use Onnghen for all election matters but APC got the wind bfor hand and the only way to go is to suspend the gardm shit. Heaven will not fall. OBJ removed Fayose as gov and heaven did not fall.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN by islandmoon: 8:56pm On Jan 25, 2019
ChidiAlaigbo:

Shut up joor, which fvcking South? The one you bitter, evil people have messed up.
are you telling me to shut up? don't you have manners? this is a public forum where everyone have right to express their opinions, what you should do is go home and tell your father to shut up , the give him a very sand slap , mannerless boy
Re: Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN by Excelboi(m): 8:56pm On Jan 25, 2019
BabaAduras:

Good. We are now on the same page that the President can suspend the CJN. Note the news said "President suspends CJN", not REMOVE CJN.
We are not in the same page. angry
Re: Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN by pelegiga92(m): 9:03pm On Jan 25, 2019
EdoBoyJazzie:
Political crisis because Buhari have no right to suspend him.
Tompolo where you dey?
that guy no join self
Re: Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN by pelegiga92(m): 9:05pm On Jan 25, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
Buhari will soon be disgraced

This desperation clearly shows Buhari has seen his defeat coming
defeat or victory? my guy wake up,he is already a victor
Re: Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN by PHILipu1(m): 10:12pm On Jan 25, 2019
davidodiba:

Bro, so you support the way the president has leaned over 100% to the northern part? So all credible persons are from that zone? This is my pain not the election really.
He got majority of the support from that zone.
Did anybody stopped Jonathan from doing same?
Re: Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN by namo77: 10:16pm On Jan 25, 2019
Tyranny shocked
Re: Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN by lordtriplee(m): 11:38pm On Jan 25, 2019
Tetehjewels:

Grow some sense.

The CJN was not removed. HE WAS SUSPENDED. And the President has the constitutional right to suspend him

Ok. Please point me to the section of the constitution that confers the power to *SUSPEND* the CJN. I am waiting.
Re: Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:40am On Jan 26, 2019
The hypocrites supported GEJ he suspended the CBN governor Sunusi Lamido Sunusi (under similar circumstances) for blowing the whistle on corruption - a fact that SLS was later to be vindicated; northerners didn't complain for removing their son; neither did they complain when Jonathan was openly courting Igbos and declaring them as the pillars of his administration.

Re: Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN by Ayobami7(m): 1:49pm On Jan 26, 2019
hmmmm
Re: Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN by BabaAduras: 4:06pm On Jan 26, 2019
Excelboi:
We are not in the same page. angry

Ok. We are on a different pages, but you confirmed the section you referenced talked about removal not suspension.

In law, "suspension is different from removal as sleep is different from death"

If you know any section that prevents the President from suspending the CJN, please educate me by quoting such a section.
Re: Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN by Excelboi(m): 4:21pm On Jan 26, 2019
BabaAduras:

Ok. We are on a different pages, but you confirmed the section you referenced talked about removal not suspension.

In law, "suspension is different from removal as sleep is different from death"

If you know any section that prevents the President from suspending the CJN, please educate me by quoting such a section.
It will serve you well if you can quote a section of the constitution providing for the suspension of the CJN...
Re: Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN by BabaAduras: 9:51pm On Jan 26, 2019
Excelboi:
It will serve you well if you can quote a section of the constitution providing for the suspension of the CJN...

Below is Mike Ozekhome ,SAN. Argument Supporting the suspension of Justice Ayo Salami President of the court of Appeal by Jonathan over allegations of corruption without any evidence or case against him in any court. Pls read.5

*”According to Section 11 of the Interpretation Act, Cap 123, Vol. 8, LFN, 2004, the President can suspend indefinitely but not remove without senate”.

And the President just exercised this.

This was the law that Mike Ozekhome ,SAN deployed in his argument supporting Jonathan but today the clown with the support of the clueless PDP agents like you are calling for breakdown of law & order.

You are bunch of thieves.
Re: Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN by Excelboi(m): 11:56pm On Jan 26, 2019
BabaAduras:

Below is Mike Ozekhome ,SAN. Argument Supporting the suspension of Justice Ayo Salami President of the court of Appeal by Jonathan over allegations of corruption without any evidence or case against him in any court. Pls read.5

*”According to Section 11 of the Interpretation Act, Cap 123, Vol. 8, LFN, 2004, the President can suspend indefinitely but not remove without senate”.

And the President just exercised this.

This was the law that Mike Ozekhome ,SAN deployed in his argument supporting Jonathan but today the clown with the support of the clueless PDP agents like you are calling for breakdown of law & order.

You are bunch of thieves.
Initially I thought you had sense to engage in a civil argument, but alas you turn to embarrassing yourself and calling yourself name. Nothing concern me with been a PDP agent... Your words are baseless. I cease arguing with you!!!

I don't know when Mike Ezhekome became an authority to quote, and you are peddling false info. Justice Ayo Salami was recommended for removal then to the president by the NJC, in which after his suspension and investigation, he was recommended for reinstatement by the same NJC. Jonathan didn't just blatantly give an order to suspend or remove him without the NJC recommendation...

After eight months on a controversial suspension that brought the nation’s judiciary to disrepute, Ayo Salami, who headed the federal Court of Appeal, was on Thursday recalled by the National Judicial Council, ending months of bickering and intrigues.

The National Judicial Council, the highest decision making body of the judiciary, voted 10 to 8, to reinstate Mr. Salami, confirming Premium Times’ earlier reports which quoted senior officials informed about the decision, hinting on his recall.

The decision, a source said, has been communicated to President Goodluck Jonathan, and a formal presidential order for his reinstatement is expected to be issued over the next few days.

Mr. Salami was sacked by the NJC under the former Chief Justice of the Federation, Aloysius Katsina-Alu, over what appeared more of a personality clash between the two heads of the appeal court, and the Supreme Court.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/5040-njc_recalls_justice_ayo_salami.html

1 Like

Re: Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN by gabng(m): 12:37am On Jan 27, 2019
To back up your statement please post here the ACT.

baralatie:

there is no where in the interpretation acts that give the president powers to remove,suspend the CJN without 2/3 of the senate or without the raecomsmsrendation of the NJC.
Re: Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN by BabaAduras: 3:50am On Jan 27, 2019
Excelboi:
Initially I thought you had sense to engage in a civil argument, but alas you turn to embarrassing yourself and calling yourself name. Nothing concern me with been a PDP agent... Your words are baseless. I cease arguing with you!!!

I don't know when Mike Ezhekome became an authority to quote, and you are peddling false info. Justice Ayo Salami was recommended for removal then to the president by the NJC, in which after his suspension and investigation, he was recommended for reinstatement by the same NJC. Jonathan didn't just blatantly give an order to suspend or remove him without the NJC recommendation...

After eight months on a controversial suspension that brought the nation’s judiciary to disrepute, Ayo Salami, who headed the federal Court of Appeal, was on Thursday recalled by the National Judicial Council, ending months of bickering and intrigues.

The National Judicial Council, the highest decision making body of the judiciary, voted 10 to 8, to reinstate Mr. Salami, confirming Premium Times’ earlier reports which quoted senior officials informed about the decision, hinting on his recall.

The decision, a source said, has been communicated to President Goodluck Jonathan, and a formal presidential order for his reinstatement is expected to be issued over the next few days.

Mr. Salami was sacked by the NJC under the former Chief Justice of the Federation, Aloysius Katsina-Alu, over what appeared more of a personality clash between the two heads of the appeal court, and the Supreme Court.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/5040-njc_recalls_justice_ayo_salami.html

With all your long story, you did quote any section of the constitution that prevents the President from suspending a Judicial officer and you have not challenged the section your SAN quoted when he was defending GEJ when he took the same action (suspension of a judicial officer)

I still repeat, you are all bunch of thieves and corrupt souls. If not, you will not be defending a corrupt judge who publicly admitted he forgot to declare an account holding $3.0m.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

₦‎620 Per Litre: This Isn’t What We Voted For, Tinubu’s Supporter Laments / Late Governor Akeredolu's Remains Arrive Nigeria (Pics) / Why Elections May Not Hold In Some Areas —INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.