Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,943 members, 7,806,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup (31293 Views)

Just In: Senate To Reconvene Tuesday, Debate Onnoghen’s Suspension / Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by Ubdavis(m): 8:20pm On Jan 25, 2019
22brains:
]A cow cannot rule a giant country. An illitrate does not understand the constitution. So i don't blame Buhari's malfunctional leadership.

Its unfortunate that ethic and religious sentiment is beclouding objective minds ..

1 Like

Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by Ubdavis(m): 8:21pm On Jan 25, 2019
22brains:
]A cow cannot rule a giant country. An illitrate does not understand the constitution. So i don't blame Buhari's malfunctional leadership.

Its unfortunate that ethic and religious sentiment is beclouding objective minds .

1 Like

Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 25, 2019
madridguy:
Sarrki, madam modath come and see the lifeless man giving the living wailers headache grin

Since the CJN cannot do the needful honorably then the man of integrity can show him way out.

Baye Buhari, you just made my day.
please what do you have to say about Gandollar and Abba kyari, the president should have written to bass,not just to sake cjn as if he is is appointee..
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by snigy(m): 8:22pm On Jan 25, 2019
These is so funny before insulting Buhari ask your self if the cjn agreed to the charge of false assets declaration the answer is yes he did he said he forgot to declare some accounts,coming from a chief judge that’s a big fat lie because he is suppose to know more than any body and he was saying the rest was due to negligence,he was one of the judges in the buhari/year Adua case and declared yar adua the winner when even a 10 year old boy knows there was no election all the judges held in the last raid with large sums of money all pointed in his direction and he used his influence to clear all cases..am from the south,these is not tribalism it’s common sense, if GEJ would have removed jega then we wouldn’t be having these discussion if you are not courageous enough it doesn’t mean others aren’t

2 Likes

Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by maestroferdi: 8:24pm On Jan 25, 2019
nameo:
Like I have said in previous threads, Buhari has throw the nation into a serious constitutional crisis which could snowball into questioning the very existence of this nation. It is the most stupid decision ever taken by a head of state that I can remember.

And I support groups and states to reject the authority of the President. He has by this very act lost legimacy in my view. An impeachment procedure should also start forthwith. Hopefully, this stupidity would not lead to severe violence- that's one thing am against.

We must not allow th is to stand. If we do, we are done.
I never took the assertion that a cabal is running this country seriously till I watched the clip of the kangaroo swearing in...

Buhari is a captive to these irredentist forces who do not care whether Nigeria go up in flames...

The cabal must have given him security and situation report after his misadventure of a presidential campaign in the South East yesterday...

They have punished him to go for broke as his humiliation at the polls is imminent...

1 Like

Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by Josephilemona(m): 8:26pm On Jan 25, 2019
GoTV:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think we southern Christians are unnecessarily heating up the polity with this unpatriotic rejection of this new incorruptible CJN appointed by president Buhari. Muric and other Muslim organizations must stand up to defend this new CJN against the hypocrisy of we southern Christians. When GEJ suspended CBN governor Sanusi, we Christians laughed and said nothing to condemn the move all because he was exposing GEJ's corrupt government. Now Buhari has suspended this thief called onnoghen and every Christian is spilling thrash. We Christians are indeed a problem in this country. In my next life i will be a Muslim sad
what a myopic statement.

1 Like

Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by jesmond3945: 8:26pm On Jan 25, 2019
You guys supporting illegality, you will give a lot of explanation to your children and grandchildren one day
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by LZAA: 8:26pm On Jan 25, 2019
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

The Southern and Middle Belt Leaders forum
has described the suspension of the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Walter Onnoghen by President Muhammadu Buhari as a coup against constitutional democracy.

In a statement signed by Chief E K Clark (South South), Ayo Adebanjo (South West), Chief John Nwodo (South East) and Dr Pogu Bitrus (Midddle Belt), the leaders in a statement titled ‘Constitutional Crisis As Buhari Illegally Suspends CJN’ , the leaders said they have checked through the constitution and found out that President Buhari lacks the power to suspend the CJN unilaterally except by 2/3 of the National Assembly.

The statement reads: “The attention of Southern and Middle Belt Leaders has been drawn to a coup against Constitutional Democracy in Nigeria by President Muhammadu Buhari by the Suspension of CJN Walter Onnoghen this evening and swearing in a replacement.
This is a constitutional crisis foisted by desperation and morbid desire to foist rule of thumb.

“We have checked through the constitution and the President has no power to unilaterally suspend the CJN.

“Section 292 of the amended 1999 Constitution is clear that the President can only remove the CJN with 2/3 of Senate resolution.

“To us what has been done is resort to self-help after the Court of Appeal issued an order stopping the trial of the CJN by the CCT presided over by a man answering charges in court over corruption allegations but still in office.

“The latest action is a clear suspension of the constitution and enthronement of full blown dictatorship.

“We reject the illegal suspension and demand its immediate reversal.
The suspension is null and void and of no effect whatever.

“An emergency meeting of the Forum holds shortly on this total aberration.
We call on all Nigerians to wake up to the reality that our democracy is now under threat and use all constitutional means to defend it.

We must not surrender to this authoritarian rule.”
https://www.independent.ng/onnoghen-buhari-has-committed-coup-against-democracy-southern-mbelt-leaders/
Hope BMC zombies ala deomelo and pythonamaka see this grin
Cc immhotep sarrki velocity25
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by MobilityExpress: 8:26pm On Jan 25, 2019
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by AllenSpencer: 8:28pm On Jan 25, 2019
Any Southern Leader that's not happy with the descision should protest and feel how tear gas hurts in the eye and nostril. Or feel how it hurts to be shot.

Chest beating from remote corners

If you not happy, go to court.

His Excellence President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR) has made his stance clear.

2 Likes

Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by maestroferdi: 8:29pm On Jan 25, 2019
snigy:
These is so funny before insulting Buhari ask your self if the cjn agreed to the charge of false assets declaration the answer is yes he did he said he forgot to declare some accounts,coming from a chief judge that’s a big fat lie because he is suppose to know more than any body and he was saying the rest was due to negligence,he was one of the judges in the buhari/year Adua case and declared yar adua the winner when even a 10 year old boy knows there was no election all the judges held in the last raid with large sums of money all pointed in his direction and he used his influence to clear all cases..am from the south,these is not tribalism it’s common sense, if GEJ would have removed jega then we wouldn’t be having these discussion if you are not courageous enough it doesn’t mean others aren’t
Have your heard these phrases before: rule of law and seperation of powers?

If you dont know, you better keep quiet than spreading such disgusting ignorance...
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by jesmond3945: 8:30pm On Jan 25, 2019
GoTV:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think we southern Christians are unnecessarily heating up the polity with this unpatriotic rejection of this new incorruptible CJN appointed by president Buhari. Muric and other Muslim organizations must stand up to defend this new CJN against the hypocrisy of we southern Christians. When GEJ suspended CBN governor Sanusi, we Christians laughed and said nothing to condemn the move all because he was exposing GEJ's corrupt government. Now Buhari has suspended this thief called onnoghen and every Christian is spilling thrash. We Christians are indeed a problem in this country. In my next life i will be a Muslim sad
do you suspend a thief to enable you carry out day light robbery? If it is good to fight illegality with illegality no problem but your unborn kids would ask you this daddy why did you birth me in a banana republic?
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by LZAA: 8:30pm On Jan 25, 2019
GoTV:
I been dy wonder wia u go hide since
Yoloba mooosleeem grin
Cc immhotep velocity25

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by BabaO2: 8:31pm On Jan 25, 2019
Ayo adebanjo is not a south west leader.
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by somziency: 8:34pm On Jan 25, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
that their bussiness elite fight ...we the masses they look for our daily bread...cjn pmb and family are all enjoying and studying in the UK while ours they strike

The more reason it is your business then. Levity on issues like thing is not a solution either
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by velocity25(m): 8:34pm On Jan 25, 2019
LZAA:
I been dy wonder wia u go hide since Yoloba mooosleeem grin Cc immhotep velocity25
pls bro don't reply that Never Do Well idiot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by BabaO2: 8:34pm On Jan 25, 2019
jesmond3945:
do you suspend a thief to enable you carry out day light robbery? If it is good to fight illegality with illegality no problem but your unborn kids would ask you this daddy why did you birth me in a banana republic?
Must a thief be in vantage position of authority?
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by Thomthom(m): 8:35pm On Jan 25, 2019
GoTV:
See person talk.. May God grant ur wish

1 Like

Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by LZAA: 8:35pm On Jan 25, 2019
velocity25:
pls bro don't reply that Never Do Well idiot
grin grin grin
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by velocity25(m): 8:37pm On Jan 25, 2019
LZAA:
grin grin grin
serious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by DukeNija(m): 8:46pm On Jan 25, 2019
madridguy:
Sarrki, madam modath come and see the lifeless man giving the living wailers headache grin

Since the CJN cannot do the needful honorably then the man of integrity can show him way out.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Where’s your sense of individuality. Mortgaging your future and those of the unborn for a Tyrant.
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by Chuksmonika(m): 8:48pm On Jan 25, 2019
Hiploko:
When militants start blowing up oil installations now, Osinbajo will start running to our place to look for who to dialogue with.

Nigeria might not survive another recession and this particular move by the government
dont wory,Nigerian army will be ready to tame militants madness this time around,it wont be like last time,put call!
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 25, 2019
Southern leaders can think what they like, buhari till 2044! southern leader are hyporcritical Dogs with no teeth.
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by sugarcoatedhoni: 8:51pm On Jan 25, 2019
madridguy:

Can we truly say... your senses are intact?

when we see illegality, let us call it the right name

no one says the CJN can't be tried

but why do it in an illegal way

is this truly a man of integrity?

is this what the law says?
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by mank1234(m): 8:51pm On Jan 25, 2019
Jamesspeck007:
Moreover, while it did not say whether the CJN can also be removed on the order of a court – the CCT in this case, the interpretation act, chapter 192, seems to also empower the president to remove who he has appointed. Section 11 of the act states: “Where an enactment confers a power to appoint a person either to an office or to exercise any function, whether for a specified period or not, the power includes: a. power to appoint a person by name or to appoint the holder from time to time in a particular office, b. power to remove or suspend him, c. power to reappoint or reinstate him; to appoint a person to act in his place, either generally or in regard to specified functions.”

If the constitution or any law is ok with this then there's really no separation of power.
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by InvertedHammer: 8:51pm On Jan 25, 2019
/
Hahaha.

Everyone must enjoy this CHANGE.

This is just a tip of the iceberg. Wait until after his re-election when he has no more need for campaign.

Nigerians love to thread the path of greatest resistance. I have confidence in Buhari's ability to tighten the noose.

Oh. Tinubu will not be spared either. Ask Dino how far. The pain and suffering started earlier than anticipated. I am enjoying it.

/

1 Like

Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by HomeOfMe(f): 8:54pm On Jan 25, 2019
SimplePlan34:
Wow if the SS can not reply with all d power in their hand then, I think they have demslves to blame. Amaechi was right afterall Nigerians are too scared for a revolution. But one thing is sure it's going to be hell during d second term. Nigerians una Don buy market.
Amaechi and his likes are still with this admin because they hold power,not like he's happy with Mr integrity. Amaechi's body language these past months has shown that he's pissed
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by InvertedHammer: 8:56pm On Jan 25, 2019
Chosen1984:
This is a Full invitation to Anarchy ....
This is a Full invitation to The Nigerian Military....

For the sake of Country and our Democracy , This should not be allowed to stand

Pmb will go
Atiku will go

Nigeria will Remain...

This should be Rejected by all...

/
This is not an invitation to anything.

In about one week or less, the noise will be over.

Then Buhari will continue to do whatever he wants.

grin grin

/

1 Like

Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by 22brains(m): 8:57pm On Jan 25, 2019
Ubdavis:

Its unfortunate that ethic and religious sentiment is beclouding objective minds .
speaking against evil is never ethnicity. When one sees wrong, speak right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by snigy(m): 8:57pm On Jan 25, 2019
Oga you are the ignorant one here am from delta state where the only elected person is one man (senator omoagege) the reason all other cases was ruled in Favour of the pdp who did not win 1/3 of elected positions in delta state was because of Chief Justice Marshall umokoro and justice Onnoghen and there so called deal with PDP,do you know what it feels like to have your mandate stolen,they stole the mandate of 4million deltans,if onnoghen what’s to interfare in politics he should know what to expect,politics is about interest and my interest and that of my people is not to let annoghen appoint judges for the election tribunal,so my friend you are the one who is ignorant
maestroferdi:
Have your heard these phrases before: rule of law and seperation of powers?

If you dont know, you better keep quiet than spreading such disgusting ignorance...
Re: Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup by jesmond3945: 8:59pm On Jan 25, 2019
BabaO2:

Must a thief be in vantage position of authority?
what of ganduje is he not a thief?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MORE PHOTOS ! As Buhari Shuts Down Ebonyi / Gunmen Kill Six People In Ondo State Days After Owo Church Massacre / Buhari Congratulates Professor Saheed Aderint For Winning $300,000 History Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.