Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? (917 Views)

Why Is Everyone Putting Jesus On Their Status?(pics) / Maraji Preaches Jesus On Salah Day, Sets Social Media On Fire / My Personal Encounter With Jesus On 8th June, 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by melodyogonna(m): 8:19pm On Jan 25, 2019
This is one of the most popular paintings in the world, the Da Vince's painting of the last supper.

After reading a part of the novel 'The da Vinci code' by Dan brown that included some of revelation about the last supper painting by Leonardo da Vinci, I searched for the painting my self.

Here is the picture, is the person sitting on the right hand of Jesus a male or female? the novel implied it was Mary Magdalene the (supposedly) wife of Jesus, what do you think?

picture link
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/11/Giampietrino-Last-Supper-ca-1520.jpg

lalasticlala, seun
Re: Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by forreelinc(m): 8:19pm On Jan 25, 2019
Ask your father
Re: Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by falcon01: 8:26pm On Jan 25, 2019
Its a guy, Jesus is gay, case closed.

1 Like

Re: Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by melodyogonna(m): 8:27pm On Jan 25, 2019
forreelinc:
Ask your father
No need for this, I was bewildered by what I read which the Author claimed was factual and I searched for it on Google, what do you think of the painting?
Re: Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 25, 2019
Who is davinci? Is he scribe or a pharasee??
Re: Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by melodyogonna(m): 8:29pm On Jan 25, 2019
falcon01:
Its a guy, Jesus is gay, case closed.

Visit the picture link and look at the painting more closely, there seem to be a breast outline.
Re: Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by melodyogonna(m): 8:31pm On Jan 25, 2019
1StopRudeness:
Who is davinci?
Leonardo da Vinci, one of the world most famous artists, the original of this particular painting I shared is worth several millions of dollars now.
Re: Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 25, 2019
melodyogonna:

No need for this, I was bewildered by what I read which the Author claimed was factual and I searched for it on Google, what do you think of the painting?

I have read the book, watched the movie too.. What you must know is that the personality of Jesus Christ and his divinity is a result of a counsel vote.

Bunch of primitive men sat round a table and from that very dark room, created a character, a tool for mind control and manipulation of the masses for power, money and fame.

Jesus never existed. The last supper never happened. That is just a ridiculous fiction that never should have gained popularity in the first place.

But because they used a very old and powerful technique of "carrot and stick", men with primitive and limited thinking ability were unable to reason, for fear of eternal damnation in hell.

1 Like

Re: Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by melodyogonna(m): 8:42pm On Jan 25, 2019
HenryDion:

I have read the book, watched the movie too.. What you must know is that the personality of Jesus Christ and his divinity is a result of a counsel vote.

Bunch of primitive men sat round a table and from that very dark room, created a character, a tool for mind control and manipulation of the masses for power, money and fame.

Jesus never existed. The last supper never happened. That is just a ridiculous fiction that never should have gained popularity in the first place.

But because they used a very old and powerful technique of "carrot and stick", men with primitive and limited thinking ability were unable to reason, for fear of eternal damnation in hell.
I knew about the council of nicea long ago, Jesus existed but not on the light we see it today.

A certain moniker Billyonaire used to claim Jesus Fu*ks Mary Magdalene, ayam starting to believe it.
Re: Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 25, 2019
melodyogonna:

Leonardo da Vinci, one of the world most famous artists, the original of this particular painting I shared is worth several millions of dollars now.

Oh!!!
This is about money...
His opinion matters because his painting worth's a large amount of money?? Is that it??

Sorry one last question...was he at the table physically to paint Jesus and his disciples cos thats the part I'm not getting....

2 Likes

Re: Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by melodyogonna(m): 8:55pm On Jan 25, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Oh!!!
This is about money...
His opinion matters because his painting worth's a large amount of money?? Is that it??

Sorry one last question...was he at the table physically to paint Jesus and his disciples cos thats the part I'm not getting....
What am telling you is that this particular painting is the most famous for depicting the last supper.
Re: Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 25, 2019
melodyogonna:

What am telling you is that this particular painting is the most famous for depicting the last supper.

I can read what u are trying to say..but u are not telling how the painter or the painting is an authority of information...
Let me explain....we like to assume science is correct..because overtime science have done things which 70% of the time has been correct...so science is a form of carnal construct authority .....
This dude u call davinci....I'm asking Wat makes his painting an authority to be accepted....was he at the table....
Jesus is famous, the Bible is famous, a lot of people don't accept it. What makes this any true ??

2 Likes

Re: Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 25, 2019
melodyogonna:

I knew about the council of nicea long ago, Jesus existed but not on the light we see it today.

A certain moniker Billyonaire used to claim Jesus Fu*ks Mary Magdalene, ayam starting to believe it.

U know this statement u just made made me realize a thread someone made months back...he said there's no sitting on the fence with beliefs...we all beleif in something....u reject a lie or truth information because u have accepted another counter opinion. So at the end of the day....it's all an unconscious or conscious choice....wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 25, 2019
melodyogonna:

Billyonaire is a confused and bored entity, suffering from grandeur delusion which he has refused to seek help for. Never take that Monika or any of his numerous accounts serious.

The biblical Jesus is a fictional character! If there was a man in history with such a name, he was merely a man. Not the godlike character that religionists painted.

1 Like

Re: Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by melodyogonna(m): 11:25pm On Jan 25, 2019
HenryDion:

Billyonaire is a confused and bored entity, suffering from grandeur delusion which he has refused to seek help for. Never take that Monika or any of his numerous accounts serious.

The biblical Jesus is a fictional character! If there was a man in history with such a name, he was merely a man. Not the godlike character that religionists painted.
No one beared the name, it was given by Rome, the real person was taken as a simple son of a carpenter by his people the Jews, but he existed, too many people wrote about him tho he wasn't a God till Emperor Constantine and his council made him one.
Re: Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by melodyogonna(m): 11:29pm On Jan 25, 2019
1StopRudeness:

I can read what u are trying to say..but u are not telling how the painter or the painting is an authority of information...
Let me explain....we like to assume science is correct..because overtime science have done things which 70% of the time has been correct...so science is a form of carnal construct authority .....
This dude u call davinci....I'm asking Wat makes his painting an authority to be accepted....was he at the table....
Jesus is famous, the Bible is famous, a lot of people don't accept it. What makes this any true ??
dunno, maybe cos the Roman Catholic chose his painting as the accepted for the last supper, dude wasn't even a believer and he passed subtle messages with that painting - you can download that novel to understand.
Re: Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by Nobody: 1:13am On Jan 26, 2019
melodyogonna:

dunno, maybe cos the Roman Catholic chose his painting as the accepted for the last supper, dude wasn't even a believer and he passed subtle messages with that painting - you can download that novel to understand.

Dude...you funny man..you don't even know....u just accept it.....but you are among those that mock people that beleive in God and Jesus......

If u beleive in Jesus ....e pay u seff
Re: Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 26, 2019
melodyogonna:

No one beared the name, it was given by Rome, the real person was taken as a simple son of a carpenter by his people the Jews, but he existed, too many people wrote about him tho he wasn't a God till Emperor Constantine and his council made him one.

We're on same page then. If someone of such existed, he isn't godlike like we were meant to believe

1 Like

Re: Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by sonmvayina(m): 10:50am On Jan 26, 2019
melodyogonna:

Far from the truth, the gospel stories comes from ancient tales about marduk the son of Enki.. Some said he was God, others said he was man.. In other to satisfy both factions, Athanasius stood up and said he was both God and man, a vote was taken after arguing and fighting.. Even leading to the death of one or two delegates..

The majority took the vote, then Constantine ask eusebius to write a uniform story from the script that where presented at the council.. His command was, "search ye this books, what ever is good thou retain and whatever is evil thou discard and what ever is brought forward shall be the words of the roman saviour God"... Also make it to astonish..
So According to eusebius, they where written accordingly
Re: Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by sonmvayina(m): 11:05am On Jan 26, 2019
God is not a man or human being... Bible stories are allegory and metaphors.. God is personification of consciousness... The jews used a he in qualifying God because they view God as the husband and they the wife... Hence, the prophet often derided them of fornication and seeking other lovers(worshipping other gods)
Re: Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by LordReed(m): 3:03pm On Jan 26, 2019
Traditionally, it is identified as John the Beloved, the disciple that lay on Jesus' breast. Further making this point is one of the 12 asking "John" a question, same way as it supposedly happened during the last supper.

I guess Da Vinci depicted him this way so as to emphasize the relationship between John and Jesus.
Re: Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by MrPRevailer(m): 8:52pm On Jan 26, 2019
THE CATHOLIC RELIGION IS FALSE.

They have been a thorn in the flesh of Christianity.
THE MOTHER BABYLON and HER FALSE PROPHET who seduce the kings of the Earth.

Re: Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by melodyogonna(m): 12:32pm On Jan 28, 2019
MrPRevailer:
THE CATHOLIC RELIGION IS FALSE.

They have been a thorn in the flesh of Christianity.
THE MOTHER BABYLON and HER FALSE PROPHET who seduce the kings of the Earth.

The Catholic killed millions of people subduing opposition, you are yet to see the amount of pagan tradition in Christianity.
Re: Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by melodyogonna(m): 12:43pm On Jan 28, 2019
LordReed:
Traditionally, it is identified as John the Beloved, the disciple that lay on Jesus' breast. Further making this point is one of the 12 asking "John" a question, same way as it supposedly happened during the last supper.

I guess Da Vinci depicted him this way so as to emphasize the relationship between John and Jesus.
I thought Jesus and Peter had the best relationship? if the Bible is true Peter was supposedly the person to take over from Jesus, but Peter had a hand to the throat of the person sitting on the right hand side of Jesus, a cutting like gesture.

Now that I look at this I think it is some kind of feast, say a wedding feast. there are twelve cups where there is supposed to be only one, Jesus looks like his hand was bound to that of the person on his right like a kind of union, and have you noticed the clothing? they are an inverse of each other, red on black and black on red.

I think da Vinci is trying to say that Jesus got married, a very subtle message that you can see if only if you look closely.
Re: Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by melodyogonna(m): 12:47pm On Jan 28, 2019
HenryDion:

We're on same page then. If someone of such existed, he isn't godlike like we were meant to believe
yeah
Re: Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by LordReed(m): 12:55pm On Jan 28, 2019
melodyogonna:

I thought Jesus and Peter had the best relationship? if the Bible is true Peter was supposedly the person to take over from Jesus, but Peter had a hand to the throat of the person sitting on the right hand side of Jesus, a cutting like gesture.

Now that I look at this I think it is some kind of feast, say a wedding feast. there are twelve cups where there is supposed to be only one, Jesus looks like his hand was bound to that of the person on his right like a kind of union, and have you noticed the clothing? they are an inverse of each other, red on black and black on red.

I think da Vinci is trying to say that Jesus got married, a very subtle message that you can see if only if you look closely.

I don't know how you'd consider who had the best relationship between the disciples and Jesus but what is supposedly recorded in John 13 is:

23 Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved.

24 Simon Peter therefore beckoned to him, that he should ask who it should be of whom he spake.

25 He then lying on Jesus' breast saith unto him, Lord, who is it?

Simon Peter is not the disciple Jesus loved or he'd have been leaning on Jesus bosom but then again headship of the church seemed to have fallen to Peter so go figure.

This incident is the Last Supper as the above chapter of John describes it and I think that is what Da Vinci tried to capture in his painting. There are many ways to interpret it so I can't say you are wrong or right, I just know how traditionally it has been interpreted.
Re: Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by melodyogonna(m): 1:25pm On Jan 28, 2019
LordReed:

I don't know how you'd consider who had the best relationship between the disciples and Jesus but what is supposedly recorded in John 13 is:

23 Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved.

24 Simon Peter therefore beckoned to him, that he should ask who it should be of whom he spake.

25 He then lying on Jesus' breast saith unto him, Lord, who is it?

Simon Peter is not the disciple Jesus loved or he'd have been leaning on Jesus bosom but then again headship of the church seemed to have fallen to Peter so go figure.

This incident is the Last Supper as the above chapter of John describes it and I think that is what Da Vinci tried to capture in his painting. There are many ways to interpret it so I can't say you are wrong or right, I just know how traditionally it has been interpreted.
maybe you right, but John doesn't look like a woman
Re: Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by LordReed(m): 1:42pm On Jan 28, 2019
melodyogonna:

maybe you right, but John doesn't look like a woman

Yeah but Da Vinci, it might be argued within reason, was a homosexual, he probably was interpreting the beauty of man on man relationship and so made "John" look like a "beautiful man". LoL
Re: Is It Male Or Female Sitting At The Right Side Of Jesus On Thiis Painting? by melodyogonna(m): 4:42pm On Jan 28, 2019
LordReed:

Yeah but Da Vinci, it might be argued within reason, was a homosexual, he probably was interpreting the beauty of man on man relationship and so made "John" look like a "beautiful man". LoL
you have a point...

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Okafor Attacked By Twitter Users Over His Failed Prophecy On Buhari / Does Supporting President Trump Hurt The Gospel? Andy Stanley Says Yes / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin & Dr Chris Okafor Visits TB Joshua's Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.