Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,932 members, 7,806,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association (23104 Views)

Akeredolu: NURTW, RTEAN Suspension Is For Two Weeks / Governor Fayemi's Suspension Is A Joke Taken Too Far - Yinka Oyebode / Oshiomole Summons NWC Meeting After Suspension Is Lifted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 25, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:

Your moniker offends me too.

I am the King of ALL Igbos, that's my chieftaincy title

Ok, dunce...you have been noted

1 Like

Re: 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association by KingOfAllIgbos: 9:36pm On Jan 25, 2019
NoSidonLook:

Ok, dunce...you have been noted

I know you are referring to your father and i agree
Re: 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 25, 2019
Our presido is fighting both legislative and judiciary arms of government. Kudos to Mr. President. This jet you have boarded, hope you will not disappear in air before you land. We dey watch this game..

1 Like

Re: 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association by nameo: 9:40pm On Jan 25, 2019
Yes, yes.

Isolate Buhari until he has sense.

The so called cabal that control him has finally finished him.

1 Like

Re: 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association by shizzle1: 9:42pm On Jan 25, 2019
StaffofOrayan:
Dude I am from the South West, we don't have a special market where food is cheaper or south west petrol stations selling cheap fuel, we are all feeling the pinch of the govt,
Nothing would benefit Nigeria more if this old man retires or is retired.

you are reasonable amd have a sound mind, but unfortunately most if your tribesmen are disgusting degenerates. How on earth can a sane mind keep supporting buhari who have proven to be a complete failure of unrivalled magnitude.

He has failed in every indices of leadership and in all ramifications yet some of terrible idiots from this region are bent on returning him for anither 4years. It is sickening and disheartening to say the least. The sophisstication so talked about is just a ruse, being blinded by gross stupidity, crass idiocy, plain hatred and tribalism isnt sophistication ...this is what your tribe is shamelessly displaying , otherwise how does one explain the blind support for a lifeless and incompetent illiterate to continue to lord it over a supposed 'learned' tribe?

1 Like

Re: 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:43pm On Jan 25, 2019
Don't forget Rochas has supporters too

shizzle1:
you are reasonable amd have a sound mind, but unfortunately most if your tribesmen are disgusting degenerates. How on earth can a sane mind keep supporting buhari who have proven to be a complete failure of unrivalled magnitude.

He has failed in every indices of leadership and in all ramifications yet some of terrible idiots from this region are bent on returning him for anither 4years. It is sickening and disheartening to say the least. The sophisstication so talked about is just a ruse, being blinded by gross stupidity, crass idiocy, plain hatred and tribalism isnt sophistication ...this is what your tribe is shamelessly displaying , otherwise how does one explain the blind support for a lifeless and incompetent illiterate to continue to lord it over a supposed 'learned' tribe?
Re: 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association by jaxxy(m): 9:43pm On Jan 25, 2019
sukerefakere:
Nigeria BARtender Association.

Confused Drunkards

I don’t think buhari can take this action alone. One man cannot control the judiciary as he pleases. Let the due process be followed or risk anarchy.
Re: 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association by Kinikini: 9:44pm On Jan 25, 2019
Na dem dey give the bribes to judges. Nigerian bribe givers association.

quote author=thunder74 post=75111254]COUP AGAINST THE NIGERIAN JUDICIARY AND SUSPENSION OF THE NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION

1. The news media has been awash this evening with the news of the purported suspension of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Honorable Mr. Justice Walter S C Onnoghen, GCON by President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR and the swearing in of Hon Justice Ibrahim Tanko Mohammed as the acting Chief Justice of Nigeria. We are told that this was pursuant to an Ex-Parte Order that was issued by the Code of Conduct Tribunal on Wednesday, 23 January 2019.

2. The Nigerian Bar Association unequivocally rejects and condemns this attempted coup against the Nigerian Judiciary and evident suspension of the Nigerian Constitution by the Executive arm of the Federal Government. The action of the Executive portends a slide into anarchy and complete deconstruction of the Rule of Law and due process. It amounts to an absolute breach of the Constitution and the usurpation of the powers of the Senate and the National Judicial Council.

3. It is unfortunate that the Executive Branch of Government purports to suspend the CJN on the basis of an alleged ex-parte order of the Code of Conduct Tribunal – the same Tribunal that, to the knowledge of the Executive, had, only the previous day, Tuesday, 22 January 2019 adjourned its proceedings to Monday, 28 January 2019 and has before it a Motion on Notice that is yet to be argued, seeking the same reliefs as were contained in the purported ex-parte application, to wit, the suspension of the CJN, amongst others.

4. We call on the Federal Government to avert the looming constitutional crisis precipitated by its ill-advised action. In particular, the Nigerian Bar Association demands the reversal of the purported suspension of Honorable Mr. Justice Walter S C Onnoghen, GCON. We also call on the National Assembly to assert its constitutional authority and powers and prevent this slide into chaos and erosion of the Rule of Law.

Paul Usoro, SAN President

https://politicsngr.com/cjn-suspension-coup-judiciary-nigerian-bar-association/[/quote]
Re: 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association by sukerefakere(m): 9:45pm On Jan 25, 2019
jaxxy:

I don’t think buhari can take this action alone. One man cannot control the judiciary as he pleases. Let’s follow the due process or risk anarchy.
I'm just having fun bro!!
I'm no longer interested in anything Nigeria or anything relating to Nigerians.
Thank You!
Re: 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association by Borderless: 9:46pm On Jan 25, 2019
fk001:
No be only coup.

We go still vote PMB

Baba made the right choice, PDP and other association of thieves wants their mole to penetrate the judicial system

Herdsman, after sucking cow breast you come online to spew rubbish. Go clean your mouth please.

2 Likes

Re: 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association by jaxxy(m): 9:46pm On Jan 25, 2019
sukerefakere:
I'm just having fun bro!!
I'm no longer interested in anything Nigeria or anything relating to Nigerians.
Thank You!

U only have one country and it has enormous potential. Don’t give up on it!

1 Like

Re: 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association by shizzle1: 9:46pm On Jan 25, 2019
StaffofOrayan:
Don't forget Rochas has supporters too

what % of his supporters are from the east? Listen friend, most Igbos despise roachas like mad... just watch how he will be disgraced in the coming elections . The most people supporting roachas are even from the south west... Yes, your people . They are the ones cheering and urging him on in his blind and foolish support for buhari and Apc

Sometimes i wonder if your people are cursed with foolishnes and idiocy...its nauseating

#spits

1 Like

Re: 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association by bcashy: 9:48pm On Jan 25, 2019
Association of useless old fools that sacrificed the future of their children for crumbs!!!!
Re: 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association by Westlander(m): 9:57pm On Jan 25, 2019
A lion does not change it spot buhari will shoot it self with this despostic act....To the zombies in the house in "fela voice joro jara joro"
Re: 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association by sukerefakere(m): 9:57pm On Jan 25, 2019
jaxxy:

U only have one country and it has enormous potential. Don’t give up on it!
too late I'm sorry
Re: 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association by vivalavida(m): 9:58pm On Jan 25, 2019
AnanseK:

All these because you want a criminal suspect to remain in the highest judiciary seat of the nation ? If he had an iota of decorum decency and shame he would have stepped down to face the law.

Why resort to self help?
Why not allow NJC do its job?
Re: 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association by kings09(m): 9:58pm On Jan 25, 2019
Arokhetah:
Which one did PDP give you for 16 years of misrule?
Thank u for d rant...oya stroll onward like a mad man
Re: 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association by DSDLIVEREPORT: 9:58pm On Jan 25, 2019
In all of these it's VP Osibanjo I pity. When a man has got integrity he's got to protect it for posterity and especially his generation. I would not be a legal luminary and be part of this illegality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:59pm On Jan 25, 2019
Lol Igbos clamoring for Atiku are just one step higher on the crazy scale,

shizzle1:
what % of his supporters are from the east? Listen friend, most igbis despise roachas like mad... just watch how he will be disgraced in the coming elections . The most people supporting roachas are even from the south west... Yes, your people . They are the ones cheering and urging him on .

Smtimes i wonder if tour people are cursed with foolishnes and idiocy

#spits
Re: 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association by Opetech(m): 10:01pm On Jan 25, 2019
fk001:
No be only coup.

We go still vote PMB

Baba made the right choice, PDP and other association of thieves wants their mole to penetrate the judicial system

Speak for yourself!
Re: 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association by TheRealestGuy(m): 10:08pm On Jan 25, 2019
Emma1Oj:
Former senate president "senator wanbara" was removed by Obasanjo, all Nigerians did was to hail obj. Jonathan, plot and removed justice Ayo Salami as appeal court judge none talked about it, rather Jonathan was hailed by all.
So if Buhari removed or suspended anyone from office its a good idea for the country.
I just dey pity saraki, Dino and Dogara, make Buhari win first dem go hear am!!!

The NJC recommended Ayo's removal.

Wanbara was duly impeached.

This is an illegality that we must not allow to stand.

You can't be more knowledgeable than the whole NBA.

Wake up!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 25, 2019
kemicalreaction post=7511 :P2736:
Lalasticlala, Mynd44 tongue

tongue
Re: 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association by precious1967(m): 10:13pm On Jan 25, 2019
PMB has nothing to lose if military take over the government bcoz he is not democratic.
Re: 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association by Emma1Oj(m): 10:17pm On Jan 25, 2019
TheRealestGuy:

The NJC recommended Ayo's removal.

Wanbara was duly impeached.

This is an illegality that we must not allow to stand.

You can't be more knowledgeable than the whole NBA.

Wake up!
My lord, chief justice of nairaland. As long its Buhari that took this very action for what Eva reasons, my lord he's right!
Re: 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association by brojoshua: 10:17pm On Jan 25, 2019
It is war against corruption and the corrupt judges. But corrupt people Nigerians will never see it as war against corruption but war against them/ themselves because they themselves are corrupt
Re: 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association by kanimike: 10:21pm On Jan 25, 2019
NBA should be have advice this man to step down before now if d body is reasonable at all instead they did nothing, where was NBA when Obasanjo came to Warri to influence court ruling on Ogboru, where was NBA when Sanusi was unlawfully removed, where was NBA when Justice salami was removed.bunch of corrupt criminals selling Justice for highest bidder.
Re: 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association by terryflexy: 10:21pm On Jan 25, 2019
Tinubu be wise and do not take things like this for granted. The table might turn soon

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Disagree With Chinua Achebe, The Trouble With Nigeria Is Not Politicians, But / Obiano Says His Wife, Ebelechukwu Will Contest Anambra Central Senate Seat / Bayelsa Youths Send 28 Elders, Chiefs Into Exile For Attending Sylva's Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.