Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension (33554 Views)

Sheikh Gumi To CJN: Leave Sharia Alone, Talk About Restructuring / Femi Falana Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension / Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by Anambralstson: 10:51pm On Jan 25, 2019
Buhari had on Friday suspended Onnoghen and immediately appointed Tanko Mohammed as acting CJN.
Explaining his reason, the President said he suspended Onnoghen, following an order from the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, asking him to wield the big stick.
In a statement forwarded to DAILY POST, Agbakoba made it clear that Buhari’s action “is the most brazen assault on Nigeria’s constitutional history” and criticized Mohammed for accepting to be sworn in.
“President Muhammadu Buhari’s suspension of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, is the most brazen assault on Nigeria`s constitutional history.
“The President has obviously not listened to the advice of the Hon. Attorney General of the Federation or the Attorney General of the Federation has misadvised him or both.
“President Buhari claims that the suspension of the Chief Justice Onnoghen is pending the determination of the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT. This is simply not true. The CCT itself adjourned proceedings in respect of Justice Onnoghen`s matter in order to determine if it had jurisdiction to try Justice Onnoghen. The President`s decision contravenes the Ruling of the CCT.
“There are at least six (6) pending cases in superior courts of Nigeria and one in the Court of Appeal. All these cases ruled that Justice Onnoghen should remain in office pending when all cases against him are resolved. These Rulings bind the President of Nigeria. In any case Section 292 of the 1999 Constitution of Nigeria sets out the procedure for removing or suspending the Chief Justice of Nigeria. The power to suspend or remove the Chief Justice of Nigeria vests in the Senate side of the National Assembly.
“For all these reasons the purported suspension of Chief Justice Onnoghen is the gravest insult to Nigerian constitution in history. It is difficult to understand how President Buhari will expect my vote of confidence in the February polls if he wantonly denigrates and desecrates our Constitution.
“I call on all Nigerians to take the strongest possible view of the President`s conduct. I am shocked that Mr. Justice Mohammed Tanko would have offered himself to be sworn in as the Acting Chief Justice of Nigeria.
“I call on the Chief Justice of Nigeria to refuse to be pushed out of office. The NBA must rise to resist this assault to our constitution.
Our judges must rise; Civil Society Organizations must rise. This is potentially the beginning of our descent into constitutional anarchy.”

http://dailypost.ng/2019/01/25/onnoghen-buhari-insulted-constitution-agbakoba-reacts-cjns-suspension/

110 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by deboysben(m): 10:53pm On Jan 25, 2019
All we need is action

Not just to only condemn which will later die down

National assembly should reconvene and serve buhari an impeachment notice

255 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by apikipiki1(m): 10:53pm On Jan 25, 2019
Swearing in another Notherner has now confirmed we 're in federal republic of northern Nigeria.
Apart from rigging, I wonder the kind of magic APC want to use to win election.

216 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by Buharimustgo16F: 10:53pm On Jan 25, 2019
Yes oooo

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by Pidginwhisper: 10:53pm On Jan 25, 2019
When all these reactions go end. I sabi say e sha no fit cause earthquake. Both Buhari and Atiku followers been reacting since the suspension. Saraki is the most powerful man to deliver judgment right now. grin

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by oboy81: 10:54pm On Jan 25, 2019
grin
You you did not insult Yourself? grin

Abeg Of you Get Fresh Union Bank Domiciliary Dollar Acc "VISA" CARD DEY come pm
Let's make Money forget all this Nonsense

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by Bossontop(m): 10:54pm On Jan 25, 2019
undecided
I don talk ontop dis mata taya.......ma jus read comments
But buhari gas go back go daura.....shikena

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by khingTony(m): 10:54pm On Jan 25, 2019
Buhari as the president is an Insult to the constitution, Nigeria and Africa

But, we are familiar with the insults

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by freemanbubble: 10:54pm On Jan 25, 2019
Isoright
As in ehnnnn
Bros J go just dey laugh now
I mean Bros Jonathan

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by abogjohn(m): 10:54pm On Jan 25, 2019
We are so corrupt in Nigeria that we don’t know what is good for us

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by cutesmilez(f): 10:54pm On Jan 25, 2019
This is not about PDP or APC!!!! This is about a bad precedence for our democracy!. Not everything is political...... Atlist even if you are an ardent supporter of a particular party, at list u should think for once! THINK!!!!

This is clearly anti Democracy. Wether PDP or APC or any party u belong to.... This isn't right in all ramification!!!!

208 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by Stalwert: 10:55pm On Jan 25, 2019
I was like grin grin grin your corrupt cjn that forgot the law did not insult the Constitution? You losers must change whether you like it or not.

66 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by Uglymugg: 10:55pm On Jan 25, 2019
I'm enjoying the tears from this debacle. I don't think i've seen this much wailing since I was born. I can literallly taste the salt off my screen. grin grin grin grin

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by modath(f): 10:55pm On Jan 25, 2019
Everybody just yapping dem own... PDP can try another time .... they lost this round ,AGAIN.. cool

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jan 25, 2019
Useless wails

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by Oricha79(m): 10:55pm On Jan 25, 2019
Wail till end of time...we don't care.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by Yankee101: 10:55pm On Jan 25, 2019
We now see his true colours

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by Godjone(m): 10:55pm On Jan 25, 2019
Saraki and the rest should commence proceedings for the immediate impeachment of this bad luck. In doing that, they should copy the international community and the US

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by mids(m): 10:55pm On Jan 25, 2019
Dis man is full of lifeless activities obviously acting on wat osho and tinubu has told him.....Naija is in a state of anarchy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by DavSagacity(m): 10:55pm On Jan 25, 2019
Some people will soon turn the thread to tribal fight now.

just watch

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by Bowwow11(m): 10:56pm On Jan 25, 2019
our constitution has been bastardised

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by chloride6: 10:56pm On Jan 25, 2019
mess off Agbakoba

The CJN who said he forgot to declare assets did not kill Nigeria abi?

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by Stephenabudu960(m): 10:56pm On Jan 25, 2019
Buhari just made himself most talked about Nigerian for the next 24hrs

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by Tunasco4u(m): 10:56pm On Jan 25, 2019
OK
Re: Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by Josnac(m): 10:56pm On Jan 25, 2019
Insult ko, add salt ni..

Is it the constitution that has been raped hardcore that this one is talking about being insulted?

It just pains me a lot that we have a VP who is both a pastor and A senior lawyer, a SAN for that matter.

Unless his own SAN means "Senseless Advocate Of Nigeria"

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by Ifenna05(m): 10:56pm On Jan 25, 2019
Now I know that Jubril is ready to burn this country!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by tegafej(m): 10:56pm On Jan 25, 2019
Right before our eyes, Nigeria is burning!

We are back in the days of military

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by oladele00(m): 10:56pm On Jan 25, 2019
Buhari will continue to fish out corrupt personalities out of our system.. Before the 2023 election, he would have been able to fish out all corrupt persons in Nigeria. God bless PMB

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension by gghatuso: 10:57pm On Jan 25, 2019
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

If Peter Obi will have been Better, Nigerians would Have Voted for Him - Wike / Army Detains Philomena Nnamoko’s Son / Sanwo-Olu Inspects Construction Sites In Agege, Pen Cinema And Ikorodu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.