Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Ladies Please Who Did This To Us - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Please Who Did This To Us (14903 Views)

On Behalf Of All Men, Ladies Please Stop Doing This We Don't Like It (pic)). / Ladies, Please Share Your Stories Of Rejection From A Guy You Shot Your Shoot At / A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by SyberKate(f): 6:59am On Jan 26, 2019
So about 2 years ago when I was still dating my now ex I got a call from a family friend in the US, towards the end of the call she asked me if I was married yet and I said no but was dating someone and she was like "oh that's nice, what does he do" and I replied saying he's an accountant. She went on and said "wow that's great, and is he working" to which I replied yes. And she congratulated me and says "I hope it works out for you two"

Fast forward to today, I was at a Meetup with some old friends and one of my friends, lets call her ladyA was trying to hook up another of our friends ladyB who was single.

So ladyA says to ladyB that she has this friend who is single and searching and she believes ladyB will like him. The first thing ladyB says is "him get money" and I was shocked. Him get money, seriously that's the only thing that concerns you. You don't care if he has a job or a career, or a Christian or Muslim. If from a good family background you didn't ask any of that. But it didn't end there, so I forgot to mention we are 4 in ladies in this Meetup. So the forth lady, I'll call her ladyC now cuts in and says "what car does he drive? because me too I'm interested"

And I started doing some maths, we are 4 in a group and 2 of them only cared about material things to mortivate them to date a guy, that's 50%. Is that 50 percent or even more of Nigeria ladies think this way.

Now compare this to what I said in the beginning, my family friend in the US only cared about my guy potential, what he does.

I think I have said enough for now so my question is Nigerian ladies why don't you care about the guys with potential anymore?
Why do you think so much about material things and not what are more important.

The floor is open, oya start dropping your comments or excuses

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by SyberKate(f): 7:05am On Jan 26, 2019
Guys you can sit this one out
Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by RSVP: 7:08am On Jan 26, 2019
cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by MJBOLT: 7:10am On Jan 26, 2019
lefulefu,DanDeeBoss grin

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by ednut1(m): 7:11am On Jan 26, 2019
That is why they keep getting bleeped and dumped. If u have nothing to offer urself that is what awaits u most times.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by ubunja(m): 7:16am On Jan 26, 2019
You Will learn a very important lesson today: Girls don't contribute shit on such topics.

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by Gofwane(m): 7:24am On Jan 26, 2019
I think i like this op. Ladies like you are rare. Oya, come make we go see my mama.
But first, make we go omuaran for sampling cheesy

18 Likes

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by lilmax(m): 7:27am On Jan 26, 2019
mentality is something that is almost impossible to change

that's why when you meet a girl, you search for her mentality first to know how she thinks

most of them fail woefully in that aspect

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by MJBOLT: 7:29am On Jan 26, 2019
ladies are avoiding this thread grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by abdeiz(m): 7:33am On Jan 26, 2019
Our psyche is moulded by the immediate surrounding socio-economic factors.

Who wants to suffer any more? For guys it's a lady who would give them peace of mind and won't cheat, the issue of spending on her is variable because some don't mind spending. And for ladies is a man she can show off with and who is willing to spend on her.

That's just the Nigerian situation. Lemme not venture into how we came to this point but it's what it currently. Deal with it.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:36am On Jan 26, 2019
Op, Lol.... No wonder they keep falling into traps, if you wanna easily get a Nigerian lady ,just get a car and flash money, and Dazol..... Na una do unaselves...gringringrin Some ladies don't hustle anything ,by their comments you shall know them ,all they know is "have you sent it"??cheesycheesycheesy

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:37am On Jan 26, 2019
MJBOLT:
ladies are avoiding this thread grin
Like plaguegringrin

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by bayocanny: 7:37am On Jan 26, 2019
lilmax:
mentality is something that is almost impossible to change

that's why when you meet a girl, you search for her mentality first to know how she thinks

most of them fail woefully in that aspect
Like 90% of them

1 Like

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by Omoge87(f): 7:40am On Jan 26, 2019
Dear OP.

I don’t really understand this philosophy myself. I am a Nigerian lady. I currently work, I bought and drive my own car. Have almost completed my MSc which I paid for myself. My point being as a Nigerian lady I have never cared about what material thing a guy has. What girls think a guy can provide for them- they can actually provide for themselves if they work hard.

I have only been in two relationships in my life - but in those relationships I never cared about anything material. I cared about their long term vision and goals etc... I remember my first ex didn’t drive. I am the one that would drop him home after church etc.. When they had a need I would help. When I had need they would offer to help and I would politely decline - if it was monetary - simply cos I don’t want any guy to be saying he did xyz for me. Also I noticed Nigerian men associate helping their girlfriends with sex - so far as they are gifting you and giving you money they expect sex in return and as I am not a prostitute - I decline such things. I would rather ask my parents if I had any monetary needs. I don’t believe boyfriend should become your driver or your bank when courtship and vice versa. When you are husband and wife - then yes I can accept financial assistance from my husband - but not boyfriend. Why should a boyfriend be paying my fees or rent? I just don’t understand it at all. A girl should learn to be self - sufficient - when she has her own she won’t care if a guy has BMW or plenty money. She will rather want someone who is compatible with her vision and life long goals.

Bottom line my philosophy is if a girl works hard she won’t have to rely on a man for anything- she will not care if he has a car or money as her first port of call. She will be interested in - does he have a Job, is he a Christian, family background etc... because she wants someone likeminded and compatible with her also.

I think it is laziness that makes some girls want to live off a man. I just don’t understand it at all. My brain cannot comphrend the thought. There is nothing like having your own independence as a woman. I am not a feminist oooo. I just believe in hard work so you don’t have to rely on anyone or beg anyone for anything in this life.

On this same forum there was a post that asked would you rather a rich husband that cheats but provides or a poor husband that is faithful but can’t provide. I just shook my head. Why can’t one just have a hardworking husband and a hard working wife who are both faithful and provide for each other’s needs ?

175 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:42am On Jan 26, 2019
MJBOLT:
lefulefu,DanDeeBoss grin
Lol..gringrin "We can't settle for less" crew dem. Always looking for "maga"....
Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:44am On Jan 26, 2019
Omoge87:
Dear OP.

I don’t really understand this philosophy myself. I am a Nigerian lady. I currently work, I bought and drive my own car. Have almost completed my MSc which I paid for myself. My point being as a Nigerian lady I have never cared about what material thing a guy has. What girls think a guy can provide for them- they can actually provide for themselves if they work hard.

I have only been in two relationships in my life - but in those relationships I never cared about anything material. When they had a need I would help. When I had need they would offer to help and I would politely decline - if it was monetary - simply cos I don’t want any guy to be saying he did xyz for me. Also I noticed Nigerian men associate helping their girlfriends with sex - so far as they are gifting you and giving you money they expect sex in return and as I am not a prostitute - I decline such things. I would rather ask my parents if I have any monetary needs. I don’t believe boyfriend should become your driver or your bank when courtship and vice versa. When you are husband and wife - then yes I can accept financial assistance from my husband - but not boyfriend. Why should a boyfriend be paying my fees or rent? I just don’t understand it at all. A girl should learn to be self - sufficient - when she has her own she won’t care if a guy has BMW or plenty money. She will rather want someone who is compatible with her vision and life long goals.

Bottom line my philosophy is if a girl works hard she won’t have to rely on a man for anything- she will not care if he has a car or money as her first port of call. She will be interested in - does he have a Job, is he a Christian, family background etc... because she wants someone likeminded and compatible with her also.

I think it is laziness that makes some girls want to live off a man. I just don’t understand it at all. My brain cannot comphrend the thought. There is nothing like having your own independence as a woman. I am not a feminist oooo. I just believe in hard work so you don’t have to rely on anyone or beg anyone for anything in this life.
Your type is rare... Op isn't referring to your type.... smiley

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by ImaIma1(f): 7:47am On Jan 26, 2019
Those ladies are air heads and are just interested in their own interests and are not willing to start and grow with a guy. They are looking for finished products.

And a lot of them get into trouble that way. There is nothing wrong with marrying a rich guy but it should not be the main motivation and she should also bring something tangible to the table.

12 Likes

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:54am On Jan 26, 2019
ImaIma1:

Those ladies are air heads and are just interested in their own interests and are not willing to start and grow with a guy. They are looking for finished products.

And a lot of them get into trouble that way. There is nothing wrong with marrying a rich guy but it should not be the main motivation and she should also bring something tangible to the table.

smileysmileysmiley So True.
Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:55am On Jan 26, 2019
I'll try to be very objective here.

I know there are dumbos, but no sensible girl chooses a man who's got money and nothing else tangible in the mix.
The fact, however, is that women like comfort and luxury... by default. So, in looking for a man to be with, they just can't help but be concerned if he can secure her comfortability...they like to know he's paces ahead of where they are. It's never really money in exclusion of other things. Material things might be secondary, but it can't be left out. If you've got money and you don't have sense or right values, we can't get married. I want kind, thougtful, intelligent, good sense of humour, responsible... but don't be broke! Have a job, potential for growth, and a place to call your own. That's the barest minimum. Anything short of these, nahh, I'm not interested.

If you say that's materialistic, then that's your business.

19 Likes

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by dayleke: 7:57am On Jan 26, 2019
ImaIma1:

Here to read comments..

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by ifex370(m): 7:59am On Jan 26, 2019
abdeiz:
Our psyche is moulded by the immediate surrounding socio-economic factors.

Who wants to suffer any more? For guys it's a lady who would give them peace of mind and won't cheat, the issue of spending on her is variable because some don't mind spending. And for ladies is a man she can show off with and who is willing to spend on her.

That's just the Nigerian situation. Lemme not venture into how we came to this point but it's what it currently. Deal with it.

Dude that's not not true..

Did you see the part were she said her friend in the US thinks the same?...

Its not a Nigerian problem.. Women all over the world are changing because social media gave everyone the chance to see new things and so, no one would like to settle for any less

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by phorget(m): 8:00am On Jan 26, 2019
Just say "HELLO" to most Nigerian girls then you've automatically started to owe them.

14 Likes

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by ubunja(m): 8:13am On Jan 26, 2019
ifex370:

Dude that's not not true..

Did you see the part were she said her friend in the US thinks the same?...

Its not a Nigerian problem.. Women all over the world are changing because social media gave everyone the chance to see new things and so, no one would like to settle for any less
how very true. Social Media wrecked women. Now they are holding out for that better guy who never comes. Too many choices is as bad as having no choices. It is until women hit the mid-30s and their looks start fading together with their power in social media that they wake up from this trance. By then they are useless as a wife. They have addicted themselves to male attention in the form of Likes and having enjoyed the worship of hundreds of men they can't really be satisfied with the worship of 1 man. They have been psychologically crippled.

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by MJBOLT: 8:14am On Jan 26, 2019
most of them have this entitlement mentality,they believe you owe them something

DanDeeBoss:
Op, Lol.... No wonder they keep falling into traps, if you wanna easily get a Nigerian lady ,just get a car and flash money, and Dazol..... Na una do unaselves...gringringrin Some ladies don't hustle anything ,by their comments you shall know them ,all they know is "have you sent it"??cheesycheesycheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by ifex370(m): 8:18am On Jan 26, 2019
ubunja:
how very true. Social Media wrecked women. Now they are holding out for that better guy who never comes. Too many choices is as bad as having no choices. It is until women hit the mid-30s and their looks start fading together with their power in social media that they wake up from this trance. By then they are useless as a wife. They have addicted themselves to male attention in the form of Likes and having enjoyed the worship of hundreds of men they can't really be satisfied with the worship of 1 man. They have been psychologically crippled.

A round of applause to this guy for speaking with such clarity, such wisdom...

I keep telling people.. Social media destroyed the 21st century

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by pacifik(f): 8:19am On Jan 26, 2019
Most of the time I don't blame our ladies... Potentials don't pay Bills in this country, some men stay grounded in their potential level until the end of time.

You talk about a nice background, Religion and personality, my dear such qualities are quite rare in this country now... "everybody na street"... Even the guys from the nice background, that pray from dawn to dusk and have saintly impeccable personalities have ditched all that shit in search of ways to survive... In this country now the only way to survive is to "tear eye" and explore options without moralistic sentiments.

I've always said this, if you're a young man and you've not set a solid financial foundation for yourself in this country then don't think of engaging in a relationship or marriage, your main focus should be on getting the money first, leave woman matters for those that can maintain them. My people has an adage.... "The beauty of a Man is in the Weight of his Wallet"...

Seriously, I don't blame any lady (especially those from poor backgrounds) who realistically assert that "No Money, No Honey"... This should be a challenge to our young men to get out from their Potential energy field and become Kinetic men that take charge of their world at all cost, Men that can Rule their World...

The painful truth is that this country has nothing to offer young men with potentials and sweet personalities anymore, our country only rewards the rugged, tough, reckless and Brave hearted ones.. Those that can smash the rules to survive..

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by dmola(m): 8:20am On Jan 26, 2019
Omoge87:
Dear OP.

I have only been in two relationships in my life - but in those relationships I never cared about anything material. I cared about their long term vision and goals etc... I remember my first ex didn’t drive. I am the one that would drop him home after church etc.. When they had a need I would help. When I had need they would offer to help and I would politely decline - if it was monetary - simply cos I don’t want any guy to be saying he did xyz for me. Also I noticed Nigerian men associate helping their girlfriends with sex - so far as they are gifting you and giving you money they expect sex in return and as I am not a prostitute - I decline such things. I would rather ask my parents if I had any monetary needs. I don’t believe boyfriend should become your driver or your bank when courtship and vice versa. When you are husband and wife - then yes I can accept financial assistance from my husband - but not boyfriend. Why should a boyfriend be paying my fees or rent? I just don’t understand it at all. A girl should learn to be self - sufficient - when she has her own she won’t care if a guy has BMW or plenty money. She will rather want someone who is compatible with her vision and life long goals.

On this same forum there was a post that asked would you rather a rich husband that cheats but provides or a poor husband that is faithful but can’t provide. I just shook my head. Why can’t one just have a hardworking husband and a hard working wife who are both faithful and provide for each other’s needs ?

Only few among 100s we reason like this ..plz can I be Ur frnd tbh I like Ur sense of judgment ..my name is ola u?
Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by ifex370(m): 8:24am On Jan 26, 2019
pacifik:
Most of the time I don't blame our ladies... Potentials don't pay Bills in this country, some men stay grounded in their potential level until the end of time.

You talk about a nice background, Religion and personality, my dear such qualities are quite rare in this country now... "everybody na street"... Even the guys from the nice background, that pray from dawn to dusk and have saintly impeccable personalities have ditched all that shit in search of ways to survive... In this country now the only way to survive is to "tear eye" and explore options without moralistic sentiments.

I've always said this, if you're a young man and you've not set a solid financial foundation for yourself in this country then don't think of engaging in a relationship or marriage, your main focus should be on getting the money first, leave woman matters for those that can maintain them. My people has an adage.... "The beauty of a Man is in the Weight of his Wallet"...

Seriously, I don't blame any lady (especially those from poor backgrounds) who realistically assert that "No Money, No Honey"... This should be a challenge to our young men to get out from their Potential energy field and become Kinetic men that take charge of their world at all cost, Men that can Rule their World...

So how can a guy get off the potential field.. Are you in anyway encouraging guys to go beyond legal means in obtaining so called riches just to satisfy the insatiable woman...

Bro don't get yourself in trouble.. Do the least you can and forget the rest.. Keep praying

7 Likes

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by pacifik(f): 8:37am On Jan 26, 2019
ifex370:

So how can a guy get off the potential field.. Are you in anyway encouraging guys to go beyond legal means in obtaining so called riches just to satisfy the insatiable woman...

Bro don't get yourself in trouble.. Do the least you can and forget the rest.. Keep praying

And that's the problem with our country, we're always praying... Even the Bible says that " God shall bless the works of our hands"... If I keep on praying without working then how will the riches come... Even in the Bible men like David, Solomon and Abraham compromised at some point in their walk with God just to survive...
My Brother when you find yourself in a country like this one, a country where "survival of the fittest" is the watch word then you've got to wisen up..
You talk about legal means of obtaining wealth, the word legal is outdated in the Nigerian parlance, it's only effective in the dictionary.... Even your president doesn't make legal decisions anymore... It's a lawless nation where you have to get lawless to survive...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 26, 2019
Funny enough op is no different from her friends, so while trying to correct her friend for asking a direct question 'him get money? ' her very own first question was 'his job / career' . Biko what's the difference? Ah! packaging grin One is direct , the other isn't grin cheesy

Anyways it's none of my business. cool . Let your standard be whatever it is, it's your cross/ gain to bear.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by Uglymugg: 8:52am On Jan 26, 2019
SyberKate:
Guys you can sit this one out

Sorry, no can't do.

@OP you fvcked up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Miss Nairaland 2016|Share Your Thoughts & Opinion On The Interview Session Here. / I Almost Toasted Him! / How To Look HANDSOME in 2013:: 5 Major Tips!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.