Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,542 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Ladies Please Who Did This To Us - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Please Who Did This To Us (14904 Views)

On Behalf Of All Men, Ladies Please Stop Doing This We Don't Like It (pic)). / Ladies, Please Share Your Stories Of Rejection From A Guy You Shot Your Shoot At / A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 26, 2019
phorget:
Just say "HELLO" to most Nigerian girls then you've automatically started to owe them.
That's because a typical Nigerian man says hello with money. From trying to look dope and classy yourself before you can approach a Lady to trying to get a lady's attention by offering to take her out.

The question is how many Nigerian guys can handle an independent lady? or How many Nigerian guys can get a woman's heart without spending? None! You spoil them yet complain? If you guys can detach your masculinity/ confidence from money, then women will learn and only want what you can offer.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by Rahyberg(m): 9:00am On Jan 26, 2019
It's rare to see ladies who won't depends on you for monetary assistance. I really thank God for my galfriend, she Neva ask for a dime, but I knew at least we have to b our brothers keeper.. she believe in my long term goals likewise she is also a career woman. The day I sent her ordinary #500 airtime. I receive call instantly praying like pastor T B Joshua.. Not all ladies are parasitic in nature.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by AryEmber(f): 9:02am On Jan 26, 2019
Perhaps they were joking, sometimes ladies joke like that. A lady may say "I get one fine guy for you" and the other could reply jokingly, "Olowo lemi n fe oh!"

1 Like

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by Satan66(m): 9:04am On Jan 26, 2019
MariaLavina:
That's because a typical Nigerian man says hello with money. From trying to look dope and classy yourself before you can approach a Lady to trying to get a lady's attention by offering to take her out.

The question is how many Nigerian guys can handle an independent lady? or How many Nigerian guys can get a woman's heart without spending? None! You spoil them yet complain? If you guys can detach your masculinity/ confidence from money, then women will learn and only want what you can offer.
You're a fool.
If a man were to say "Hello" to the average Nigerian woman slippers and baggy trousers with a Nokia phone the woman would immediately snub him.
You women want the attracted and spoiled like the gold diggers you all are.
Simple as that.

12 Likes

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by MJBOLT: 9:05am On Jan 26, 2019
i agree with you

MariaLavina:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by LewsTherin: 9:06am On Jan 26, 2019
No offense intended but I would be more concerned about the fact that from that singular statistical sample, two thirds of the OPs friends are thr materialistic type.
Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by ghettochild(m): 9:13am On Jan 26, 2019
Omoge87:
Dear OP.

I don’t really understand this philosophy myself. I am a Nigerian lady. I currently work, I bought and drive my own car. Have almost completed my MSc which I paid for myself. My point being as a Nigerian lady I have never cared about what material thing a guy has. What girls think a guy can provide for them- they can actually provide for themselves if they work hard.

I have only been in two relationships in my life - but in those relationships I never cared about anything material. I cared about their long term vision and goals etc... I remember my first ex didn’t drive. I am the one that would drop him home after church etc.. When they had a need I would help. When I had need they would offer to help and I would politely decline - if it was monetary - simply cos I don’t want any guy to be saying he did xyz for me. Also I noticed Nigerian men associate helping their girlfriends with sex - so far as they are gifting you and giving you money they expect sex in return and as I am not a prostitute - I decline such things. I would rather ask my parents if I had any monetary needs. I don’t believe boyfriend should become your driver or your bank when courtship and vice versa. When you are husband and wife - then yes I can accept financial assistance from my husband - but not boyfriend. Why should a boyfriend be paying my fees or rent? I just don’t understand it at all. A girl should learn to be self - sufficient - when she has her own she won’t care if a guy has BMW or plenty money. She will rather want someone who is compatible with her vision and life long goals.

Bottom line my philosophy is if a girl works hard she won’t have to rely on a man for anything- she will not care if he has a car or money as her first port of call. She will be interested in - does he have a Job, is he a Christian, family background etc... because she wants someone likeminded and compatible with her also.

I think it is laziness that makes some girls want to live off a man. I just don’t understand it at all. My brain cannot comphrend the thought. There is nothing like having your own independence as a woman. I am not a feminist oooo. I just believe in hard work so you don’t have to rely on anyone or beg anyone for anything in this life.

On this same forum there was a post that asked would you rather a rich husband that cheats but provides or a poor husband that is faithful but can’t provide. I just shook my head. Why can’t one just have a hardworking husband and a hard working wife who are both faithful and provide for each other’s needs ?
simply cos I don’t want any guy to be saying he did xyz for me.
What kinda mentality u been exhibiting?
No wonder u are not yet married...
Just continue doing things for you self n pushing men away from you by declining their help....
Maybe d degree dey winch or d fact u feel financially comfortable..
U go buy husband las las

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by kaslaw2(m): 9:14am On Jan 26, 2019
Sisters may God bless you....and increase your access to MORE men that will cherish you and know your value....

Omoge87:
Dear OP.

I don’t really understand this philosophy myself. I am a Nigerian lady. I currently work, I bought and drive my own car. Have almost completed my MSc which I paid for myself. My point being as a Nigerian lady I have never cared about what material thing a guy has. What girls think a guy can provide for them- they can actually provide for themselves if they work hard.

I have only been in two relationships in my life - but in those relationships I never cared about anything material. I cared about their long term vision and goals etc... I remember my first ex didn’t drive. I am the one that would drop him home after church etc.. When they had a need I would help. When I had need they would offer to help and I would politely decline - if it was monetary - simply cos I don’t want any guy to be saying he did xyz for me. Also I noticed Nigerian men associate helping their girlfriends with sex - so far as they are gifting you and giving you money they expect sex in return and as I am not a prostitute - I decline such things. I would rather ask my parents if I had any monetary needs. I don’t believe boyfriend should become your driver or your bank when courtship and vice versa. When you are husband and wife - then yes I can accept financial assistance from my husband - but not boyfriend. Why should a boyfriend be paying my fees or rent? I just don’t understand it at all. A girl should learn to be self - sufficient - when she has her own she won’t care if a guy has BMW or plenty money. She will rather want someone who is compatible with her vision and life long goals.

Bottom line my philosophy is if a girl works hard she won’t have to rely on a man for anything- she will not care if he has a car or money as her first port of call. She will be interested in - does he have a Job, is he a Christian, family background etc... because she wants someone likeminded and compatible with her also.

I think it is laziness that makes some girls want to live off a man. I just don’t understand it at all. My brain cannot comphrend the thought. There is nothing like having your own independence as a woman. I am not a feminist oooo. I just believe in hard work so you don’t have to rely on anyone or beg anyone for anything in this life.

On this same forum there was a post that asked would you rather a rich husband that cheats but provides or a poor husband that is faithful but can’t provide. I just shook my head. Why can’t one just have a hardworking husband and a hard working wife who are both faithful and provide for each other’s needs ?

1 Like

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by babatunx(m): 9:23am On Jan 26, 2019
Omoge87:
Dear OP.

On this same forum there was a post that asked would you rather a rich husband that cheats but provides or a poor husband that is faithful but can’t provide. I just shook my head. Why can’t one just have a hardworking husband and a hard working wife who are both faithfulwou and provide for each other’s needs ?
Now, this is a kindred spirit here... If Omoge wouldn't mind, it'd my pleasure to be Oko Omoge... lol
Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by Kk4(m): 9:46am On Jan 26, 2019
Omoge87:
Dear OP.

Last of a dying breed. May the good Lord bless you with a good man

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 26, 2019
SyberKate:
So about 2 years ago when I was still dating my now ex I got a call from a family friend in the US, towards the end of the call she asked me if I was married yet and I said no but was dating someone and she was like "oh that's nice, what does he do" and I replied saying he's an accountant. She went on and said "wow that's great, and is he working" to which I replied yes. And she congratulated me and says "I hope it works out for you two"

Fast forward to today, I was at a Meetup with some old friends and one of my friends, lets call her ladyA was trying to hook up another of our friends ladyB who was single.

So ladyA says to ladyB that she has this friend who is single and searching and she believes ladyB will like him. The first thing ladyB says is "him get money" and I was shocked. Him get money, seriously that's the only thing that concerns you. You don't care if he has a job or a career, or a Christian or Muslim. If from a good family background you didn't ask any of that. But it didn't end there, so I forgot to mention we are 4 in ladies in this Meetup. So the forth lady, I'll call her ladyC now cuts in and says "what car does he drive? because me too I'm interested"

And I started doing some maths, we are 4 in a group and 2 of them only cared about material things to mortivate them to date a guy, that's 50%. Is that 50 percent or even more of Nigeria ladies think this way.

Now compare this to what I said in the beginning, my family friend in the US only cared about my guy potential, what he does.

I think I have said enough for now so my question is Nigerian ladies why don't you care about the guys with potential anymore?
Why do you think so much about material things and not what are more important.

The floor is open, oya start dropping your comments or excuses
we dont care about potential anymore, because potential is just empty promises until it yields results. I cant gamble my happiness on a future possibility. I will rather have something i can work with

1 Like

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 26, 2019
Omoge87:
Dear OP.

this is toxic femninity at its peak. Bob the builder type of woman. I hail you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 9:59am On Jan 26, 2019
ednut1:
That is why they keep getting bleeped and dumped. If u have nothing to offer urself that is what awaits u most times.
bros you don tay here oo ....2008!!! Legend

1 Like

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by SyberKate(f): 10:12am On Jan 26, 2019
funmisticqueen:
we dont care about potential anymore, because potential is just empty promises until it yields results. I cant gamble my happiness on a future possibility. I will rather have something i can work with
My dear see your life.
And what is potential again?
When you say you want something to work with, then that thing has potential
I think you just contradicted yourself

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by IHate9jerianss(m): 10:19am On Jan 26, 2019
Nigerian women still dictate relationship terms with Nigerian men because the majority of Nigerian men are still interested in having traditional relationship formats (girlfriends,wives)with Nigerian women.If only these Nigerian women could travel outside the country and see for themselves how men in other societies(especially in the West) generally don't desire women for traditional relationships anymore unlike Nigerian men.Their shakara go end

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by kushercain: 10:25am On Jan 26, 2019
funmisticqueen:

See pimper's paradise

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by pryme(m): 10:32am On Jan 26, 2019
SyberKate:
So about 2 years ago when I was still dating my now ex I got a call from a family friend in the US, towards the end of the call she asked me if I was married yet and I said no but was dating someone and she was like "oh that's nice, what does he do" and I replied saying he's an accountant. She went on and said "wow that's great, and is he working" to which I replied yes. And she congratulated me and says "I hope it works out for you two"

Fast forward to today, I was at a Meetup with some old friends and one of my friends, lets call her ladyA was trying to hook up another of our friends ladyB who was single.

So ladyA says to ladyB that she has this friend who is single and searching and she believes ladyB will like him. The first thing ladyB says is "him get money" and I was shocked. Him get money, seriously that's the only thing that concerns you. You don't care if he has a job or a career, or a Christian or Muslim. If from a good family background you didn't ask any of that. But it didn't end there, so I forgot to mention we are 4 in ladies in this Meetup. So the forth lady, I'll call her ladyC now cuts in and says "what car does he drive? because me too I'm interested"

And I started doing some maths, we are 4 in a group and 2 of them only cared about material things to mortivate them to date a guy, that's 50%. Is that 50 percent or even more of Nigeria ladies think this way.

Now compare this to what I said in the beginning, my family friend in the US only cared about my guy potential, what he does.

I think I have said enough for now so my question is Nigerian ladies why don't you care about the guys with potential anymore?
Why do you think so much about material things and not what are more important.

The floor is open, oya start dropping your comments or excuses

Why did you leave your ex?

1 Like

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by ednut1(m): 10:36am On Jan 26, 2019
funmisticqueen:
we know hw ur type dey end. At 33 u go marry dat office driver and spons ur wedding.

7 Likes

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by SyberKate(f): 10:41am On Jan 26, 2019
pryme:

Why did you leave your ex?
He left me

1 Like

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by ednut1(m): 10:43am On Jan 26, 2019
SyberKate:

My dear see your life.
And what is potential again?
When you say you want something to work with, then that thing has potential
I think you just contradicted yourself
there are women who built with men. Bt when they hammered they moved on to high class babes. Sometimes we cant blame people. Those footballers eg yobo emenike had babes when they could not afford boot. When the made it . They went for beauty queens angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by Nobody: 10:43am On Jan 26, 2019
I care about potential and that’s really why I have endured in my case but in some cases no matter how patient you are with a man it’s only God that preserve his love and make him not resent you for your patience and tell you I didn’t ask you for it

5 Likes

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by Starboytwo(m): 10:49am On Jan 26, 2019
pacifik:

And that's the problem with our country, we're always praying... Even the Bible says that " God shall bless the works of our hands"... If I keep on praying without working then how will the riches come... Even in the Bible men like David, Solomon and Abraham compromised at some point in their walk with God just to survive...
My Brother when you find yourself in a country like this one, a country where "survival of the fittest" is the watch word then you've got to wisen up..
You talk about legal means of obtaining wealth, the word legal is outdated in the Nigerian parlance, it's only effective in the dictionary.... Even your president doesn't make legal decisions anymore... It's a lawless nation where you have to get lawless to survive...
bros the way I Dey take feel you ehn I swear I can dash you something....things have considerably changed...i was having a conversation with my Mum when i visited for new year,she wanna start about the whole moral blah blah and “omoluabi paro,I just debunked everything for Ma...in this Nigeria,I mean this current Nigeria you have to “tear eyes. Not only eyes ooo,tear hear,tear tongue infact tear every damn thing...like you said it’s the survival of the fittest...anyway or method is now allowed...morality is not even on the bench anymore it’s now struggling in the reserve...

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by phorget(m): 10:58am On Jan 26, 2019
MariaLavina:

A popular saying goes does" when a man is successful he goes after women but when a woman is successful she feels that she doesn't need a man"
It is the duty of a man to look averagely presentable before approaching a woman unless you'll admit it that you yourself would give a listening ear to someone who dresses like a madt man. Most independent ladies don't see a reason for a man,they tend to be too arrogant and morally decayed that you'll start to wonder if they ever ever uses the ladies.

How many time have you offered to take a man out without him been the one to do the spending?

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by ImaIma1(f): 11:04am On Jan 26, 2019
ubunja:
how very true. Social Media wrecked women. Now they are holding out for that better guy who never comes. Too many choices is as bad as having no choices. It is until women hit the mid-30s and their looks start fading together with their power in social media that they wake up from this trance. By then they are useless as a wife. They have addicted themselves to male attention in the form of Likes and having enjoyed the worship of hundreds of men they can't really be satisfied with the worship of 1 man. They have been psychologically crippled.

I agree with the social media aspect. The things we see on Instagram, FB, etc forms a lot of ideas in the heads of many ladies.

They want to be able to travel out and take pictures in different shops as they as shop and splash the pictures on IG for their high school and university mates to see that they are living the life.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by Omoge87(f): 11:14am On Jan 26, 2019
ghettochild:

simply cos I don’t want any guy to be saying he did xyz for me.
What kinda mentality u been exhibiting?
No wonder u are not yet married...
Just continue doing things for you self n pushing men away from you by declining their help....
Maybe d degree dey winch or d fact u feel financially comfortable..
U go buy husband las las

Yes I will continue being self-sufficient until God brings my husband my way and even then I will still be self- sufficient - but in a different way. I shouldn’t have to be disturbing my husband for money to buy pant and bra or for aso ebi money for my friends wedding. What’s his own with my friends wedding abi? If I want to waste £150 on my friends aso ebi - why should I be disturbing my husband for such things. Did he send me? If I am working and earn my own salary I can take from it and use it to buy the material - rather than disturb him. And that is what I meant when I speak about independence as a woman. I don’t wish to be a liability on my husband and vice versa.

Things like bills, family holidays, school fees, maybe he has an urgent need or I have an urgent need yes that is different - I can ask him for such things.

The Proverbs 31 wife is the yardstick that they tell use for us women - she was a credit to her husband. She was an asset.

My declining financial help from a boyfriend is personal to me - on this forum a girl having accepted assistance from a guy who has paid her tuition for her education- she has now graduated and is now asking should she marry him even if God has not said just because he helped her ? As in.... and for this very reason is why I will not. If I know I cannot marry a man or I am not sure about him - why then allow him to spend money on me lavishly- invest his time and energy- deprive himself of things for my sake - knowing I may not even marry him. If that is not wickedness then I don’t know what is. Also she may now feel indebted to marry someone she doesn’t want to because he helped her with her education. It is unfair for both of them.

Hence why if you read clearly I said my husband I can accept financial assistance from but Boyfriend I will not. I am not talking about let’s say he wants to help me fuel my car or we go out and he pays for the meal ... that’s fine - I am talking of big financial assistance like him buying me a car, school fees that’s a no no for me- husband yes ... boyfriend no etc....

In reference to your comment about me buying a husband - I don’t know which market they sell husband - but I won’t be going there. My not being married is simply because I am not in a haste. You can rush into marriage but you cannot rush out. Better take your time because divorce costs more than the wedding day ...

Peace out and remain blessed.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by TONYE001(m): 11:23am On Jan 26, 2019
Omoge87:

Yes I will continue being self-sufficient until God brings my husband my way and even then I will still be self- sufficient - but in a different way. I shouldn’t have to be disturbing my husband for money to buy pant and bra or for aso ebi money for my friends wedding. What’s his own with my friends wedding abi? If I want to waste £150 on my friends aso ebi - why should I be disturbing my husband for such things. Did he send me? If I am working and earn my own salary I can take from it and use it to buy the material - rather than disturb him. And that is what I meant when I speak about independence as a woman. I don’t wish to be a liability on my husband and vice versa.

Things like bills, family holidays, school fees, maybe he has an urgent need or I have an urgent need yes that is different - I can ask him for such things.

The Proverbs 31 wife is the yardstick that they tell use for us women - she was a credit to her husband. She was an asset.

My declining financial help from a boyfriend is personal to me - on this forum a girl having accepted assistance from a guy who has paid her tuition for her education- she has now graduated and is now asking should she marry him even if God has not said just because he helped her ? As in.... and for this very reason is why I will not. If I know I cannot marry a man or I am not sure about him - why then allow him to spend money on me lavishly- invest his time and energy- deprive himself of things for my sake - knowing I may not even marry him. If that is not wickedness then I don’t know what is. Also she may now feel indebted to marry someone she doesn’t want to because he helped her with her education. It is unfair for both of them.

Hence why if you read clearly I said my husband I can accept financial assistance from but Boyfriend I will not. I am not talking about let’s say he wants to help me fuel my car or we go out and he pays for the meal ... that’s fine - I am talking of big financial assistance like him buying me a car, school fees that’s a no no for me- husband yes ... boyfriend no etc....

In reference to your comment about me buying a husband - I don’t know which market they sell husband - but I won’t be going there. My not being married is simply because I am not in a haste. You can rush into marriage but you cannot rush out. Better take your time because divorce costs more than the wedding day ...

Peace out and remain blessed.

An excellent and calm reply void of emotions and all. Message well delivered. Kudos.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by Eberechi24(f): 11:33am On Jan 26, 2019
Subconsciously, we (both gender) are selfish in nature. We tend to go for what benefits us most, no matter how much we deny it.

Have met men who said they can't marry a non- graduate and can't train one. Even if the girl comes with potential to keep a home. So what they do want? A finished product- a graduate. This is not different from a girl who wants to marry a man with riches. They are under same category. These decisions are made after life experiences. I have come to understand and respect it.
A plain girl on street with potentials to be helpmate and a flashy girls on street without, who gains more attention?

Why the plain is still seen as a liability even when she didn't pose as one. But the flashy one (even if what she wears is borrowed) is seen as a finished product and with potential..

The list goes on and on.

You may be in a better position, before you judge and condemn, walk in peoples shoes you will have a better grasp of what life entails.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by Omoge87(f): 11:49am On Jan 26, 2019
funmisticqueen:
this is toxic femninity at its peak. Bob the builder type of woman. I hail you.

Like I said in my post... I am not a feminist...you can be independent and self- sufficient as a woman without being a feminist. Is a lady supposed to sit down on her butt till her husband arrives to provide for her - her knight and shining armour.
One should be developing themselves whilst waiting on the person God has for them ... so yes I will continue to be Bob the builder with God being the main architect of my life till he brings the person I can build with and he and I can build together. We will take what he has built and what I have built and put it together.

I have a friend that does not work and relies on her husband for even just the basics. This man beats her up like there is no tomorrow. She endures because if she leaves him she won’t be able to survive financially. He is her source of income literally for her and her immediate family also. Why does he abuse her- because he feels she is a liability and he knows without him my friend will not be able to ‘survive’. When I see her I wonder ‘can this really be life?’. What drove her to this - is exactly what the original posted about - does he have money? Does he have car? If she had her own she wouldn’t have bypassed the person that didn’t have a car or 30 billion in his account - but had character and was God fearing - because her focus would have gone beyond materialistic thinking.

I hate to use this example- but it’s like DavidO and his GF - she has remained with her boyfriend that has fathered two children by two different women in the course of their relationship- my brain can’t comprehend why she has stayed (husband I can understand as marriage is till death do us part - but boyfriend?) However, I can only deduce that is simply because of his status (I may be wrong as I don’t really follow their gist) If she was self- sufficient would she have remained in such? (I don’t know - maybe yes, maybe no.) -However I know being independent comes with some kind of self - respect and self-esteem for a lady and vice versa for a man.

So my dear sister my post has nothing to do with feminism, but everything to do with as a woman just have your own independence- doesn’t mean you can’t respect or submit to your boyfriend or husband -

Remain blessed.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by habaabj: 12:13pm On Jan 26, 2019
Omoge87:
Dear OP.

hmmmm better said than done.
what do look for in a man before he meets your standard of you two been in a relationship, aside the story of him been God fearing and faithful ......
Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 26, 2019
Omoge87:

Like I said in my post... I am not a feminist...you can be independent and self- sufficient as a woman without being a feminist. Is a lady supposed to sit down on her butt till her husband arrives to provide for her - her knight and shining armour.
One should be developing themselves whilst waiting on the person God has for them ... so yes I will continue to be Bob the builder with God being the main architect of my life till he brings the person I can build with and he and I can build together. We will take what he has built and what I have built and put it together.

I have a friend that does not work and relies on her husband for even just the basics. This man beats her up like there is no tomorrow. She endures because if she leaves him she won’t be able to survive financially. He is her source of income literally for her and her immediate family also. Why does he abuse her- because he feels she is a liability and he knows without him my friend will not be able to ‘survive’. When I see her I wonder ‘can this really be life?’. What drove her to this - is exactly what the original posted about - does he have money? Does he have car? If she had her own she wouldn’t have bypassed the person that didn’t have a car or 30 billion in his account - but had character and was God fearing - because her focus would have gone beyond materialistic thinking.

I hate to use this example- but it’s like DavidO and his GF - she has remained with her boyfriend that has fathered two children by two different women in the course of their relationship- my brain can’t comprehend why she has stayed (husband I can understand as marriage is till death do us part - but boyfriend?) However, I can only deduce that is simply because of his status (I may be wrong as I don’t really follow their gist) If she was self- sufficient would she have remained in such? (I don’t know - maybe yes, maybe no.) -However I know being independent comes with some kind of self - respect and self-esteem for a lady and vice versa for a man.

So my dear sister my post has nothing to do with feminism, but everything to do with as a woman just have your own independence- doesn’t mean you can’t respect or submit to your boyfriend or husband -

Remain blessed.
Why did your relationships end? You seem like every man's dream. smiley
Re: Ladies Please Who Did This To Us by ubunja(m): 12:18pm On Jan 26, 2019
ImaIma1:

I agree with the social media aspect. The things we see on Instagram, FB, etc forms a lot of ideas in the heads of many ladies.

They want to be able to travel out and take pictures in different shops as they as shop and splash the pictures on IG for their high school and university mates to see that they are living the life.

so sad. For men still hopping to marry. Now the only sensible thing is to fvck and never commit. Coz as long as Instagram and Facebook exist she is not really yours. She is always looking...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Almost Toasted Him! / How To Look HANDSOME in 2013:: 5 Major Tips!! / Twin Brothers Marry Twin Sisters And Give Birth To Sons Who Look Alike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.