Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,015 members, 7,803,384 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

ABSU Resumes Academic Activities In Campus - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ABSU Resumes Academic Activities In Campus (12436 Views)

Maduka University Resumes Academic Activities, Says Admission Is Still Ongoing / Cows Disrupt School Activities In Benin City (Photos) / 8 Skills Every Nigerian Student Needs To Survive In Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ABSU Resumes Academic Activities In Campus by OrientDailyNews: 7:53am On Jan 26, 2019
By Gabriel Chy Alonta & Ifunanya Uzoeghe

Academic activities have resumed earnestly in Abia State University, Uturu, despite the lingering academic industrial showdown by the Academic Staff Union of University (ASUU).

The national union of academics in the country has been on strike since November 4, 2018, following non-implementation of 2009 agreement with federal government as well as lack of funding of public universities in the country.
When Orient Campus Gist visited the institution, students were seen taking lectures in their respective departments, while most lecturers were also spotted in the campus.

It was also learnt that the Students Union of Government (SUG) of the institution was gearing towards the election of new executives to pilot the affairs of the students for the 2018/2019 academic session, although the date was yet to be fixed as at time of press.
When contacted, the vice chancellor of the university, Prof. Eleazar Uche Ikonne, emphatically stated that the ASUU strike had nothing to do with the institution, remarking that the university earlier joined in solidarity with other sister universities in the country.

The vice chancellor, who regretted that the lingering industrial showdown had affected the smooth running of the institution, decried lack of willingness of the federal government and the striking lecturers to reach a consensus so that universities could resume to session.
According to Ikonne, “The ASUU strike has nothing to do with our school; we only joined in solidarity with others and just to respect the union. But we have to cultivate our own backyard now.

“At a point you have to sympathise and at other point, you have to look at yourself. So, the lecturers here agreed that we pull out of the strike by resuming academic activities earnestly”.
Meanwhile, when these reporters interacted with the students of ABSU, they expressed gladness that the university defied all odds to return the students to classroom.

“We are glad that the management of our school took this bold step, which is a step in the right direction. Now, we are happy that we have started studying again. It wasn’t easy to stay idle for over two months. We also felicitate with other students who the strike still affects, we want them to remain steadfast and pray that the problem is resolved amicably. We say thanks to the leadership of our institution”, they enthused.

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/life-style/education/absu-resumes-academic-activities-campus/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ABSU Resumes Academic Activities In Campus by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 26, 2019
The vc and lecturers of this school are been honest in their assertions

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABSU Resumes Academic Activities In Campus by freemanbubble: 11:27am On Jan 26, 2019
Isoright
I talk am. Don't fuckkkk with buhari. That guy nor dey listen

I know say a time go come na ASUU go beg last last
Especially anything make buhari win this election. After that ASUU go hear word

Even hear in uniben the way when lecturers take full inside school ehnnnn
I come dey wonder.
I know say electrical engineering and computer science department go soon start lecture.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABSU Resumes Academic Activities In Campus by Slynation(m): 11:28am On Jan 26, 2019
I don't know why it's very hard for ASUU to understand, This government has no plans for educational sector, I don't why they decided to hold Buhari ransom because election is around the corner,I just hope they resolve all issues before elections....if not, they in for a very long thing, that reminds me, nobody is even talking about ASUP....!!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABSU Resumes Academic Activities In Campus by kozmokaz(m): 11:28am On Jan 26, 2019
Lol

And when ASUU finely get this money , them go come fr there share

7 Likes

Re: ABSU Resumes Academic Activities In Campus by lonelydora: 11:28am On Jan 26, 2019
Strike don end?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ABSU Resumes Academic Activities In Campus by Zicker101: 11:28am On Jan 26, 2019
To go be the glory
Re: ABSU Resumes Academic Activities In Campus by Olajah81: 11:28am On Jan 26, 2019
Ok....

Wht should we do now...
Re: ABSU Resumes Academic Activities In Campus by Collinsemegreat(m): 11:29am On Jan 26, 2019
UNIBEN O

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ABSU Resumes Academic Activities In Campus by Grafixnuel(m): 11:30am On Jan 26, 2019
grin

3 Likes

Re: ABSU Resumes Academic Activities In Campus by stephleena(f): 11:35am On Jan 26, 2019
ABSU
Re: ABSU Resumes Academic Activities In Campus by Yaismayaila(m): 11:38am On Jan 26, 2019
I pray more universities should pull out of the useless ASUU. Kudus to you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABSU Resumes Academic Activities In Campus by drjprince: 11:57am On Jan 26, 2019
ABSU sounding like ASUU how can you pull out from yourself

1 Like

Re: ABSU Resumes Academic Activities In Campus by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:02pm On Jan 26, 2019
ASUU is fast becoming irrelevant

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABSU Resumes Academic Activities In Campus by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 26, 2019
drjprince:
ABSU sounding like ASUU how can you pull out from yourself
Why should state schools even be joining ASUU in all their strikes.
When fg go settle them now, no be say them go look their side.
Like the Absu vc abi lecturer said "they only joined the strike in solidarity".

2 Likes

Re: ABSU Resumes Academic Activities In Campus by zealkell(m): 12:06pm On Jan 26, 2019
grin grin grin cheesy grin
I laugh at ASUU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ABSU Resumes Academic Activities In Campus by bizhop01: 12:20pm On Jan 26, 2019
Wetting consent buhari with nigeria education,
some foolish nigeria university students will vote for buhari.
Re: ABSU Resumes Academic Activities In Campus by Ajibel(m): 1:44pm On Jan 26, 2019
When is UNN following in ABSU's footsteps? angry
Re: ABSU Resumes Academic Activities In Campus by postemail: 1:46pm On Jan 26, 2019
lab9:
smiley
THE ICT DONS ARE COMING TO ABUJA FOR THE POWERFUL TRAINING IN 3D ANIMATIONS!

THIS INCREDIBLE TRAINING OF A LIFETIME IS READY TO COMMENCE – GUARANTEED TO MAKE YOU AN ICT PRO IN 2019!

WANT TO BE THE BEST 3D ANIMATOR? THIS INTENSIVE TRAINING IN 3D ANIMATION IS THE ULTIMATE TRAINING GROUND IN 4 WEEKS – 100% PRACTICALS

Pour your creative ideas and your technical skills into a dynamic career in the fast evolving field of 3D animation where your chances to progress are only as limited as your imagination

The animation classes are intensive, hands-on experiences that combine in-class lectures with instructor-supervised workshops and course assignments. From the first day of classes, students can expect to start gaining hands-on experience with the animation software and skills they will require as the curriculum grows more challenging. In short, students can expect that their animation classes will be demanding, but productive, with students ultimately creating their own original 3D animations

If you want to reach your full potential as an animator, there’s no better pathway than this powerful 3 weeks 3D Program!

WHAT YOU LEARN AT THIS INTENSIVE TRAINING

The Breakdown of Curriculum that covers EVERYTHING you would practically learn during the training period can be obtained on the website link in banner or better still reach our customer care to request for curriculum sent to you via email

FEES: N28,000 - DISCOUNT FOR EARLY PAYMENT
N30,000 - PAYMENT ON TRAINING DAY

DATE: MARCH, 2019

PERIOD: 4 Weeks Marathon Training

CERTIFICATION: Certificates issued At End of Training at a little extra cost

VENUE: ASOKORO AND LIFE CAMP CENTERS

REQUIRED: Just Your Laptop and passion for Creative Designs

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: If you are in Abuja and you want to partner with us. Kindly reach us ASAP. PORT HARCOURT AND IBADAN COMING SOON!

OUR FIRM GUARANTEE: THIS OUR GUARANTEE - WE WONT TRAIN YOU THE WAY EVEN SOME OF THE BIGGEST ICT TRAINING CENTERS & NAMES IN NIGERIA DO (SOME USUALLY TEACH NONSENSE, IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW) - WE WILL TRAIN AND IMPACT YOU TO BE AN ICT PROFESSIONAL WITH JOB-READY KNOWLEDGE DURING AND AFTER GRADUATION - YES, WITH 1,000% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE

See Banners for Contact and Website details to REGISTER!
smiley

Hi. I have in stock 3D printers. If you or anyone else is interested, do reach me here.

Re: ABSU Resumes Academic Activities In Campus by DNA1997: 2:40pm On Jan 26, 2019
Collinsemegreat:
UNIBEN O
ahh baba na all of us de here OK, jst leave uniben make dem countinue if konji hold dem well den go resume, I de see all those lecturers for corners inside uniben anytym I visit, u no see say whn konji hold AAU lecturers den break out immediately their vc go say konji na bastard abeg make we resume jor
Re: ABSU Resumes Academic Activities In Campus by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 3:03pm On Jan 26, 2019
freemanbubble:
Isoright
I talk am. Don't fuckkkk with buhari. That guy nor dey listen

I know say a time go come na ASUU go beg last last
Especially anything make buhari win this election. After that ASUU go hear word

Even hear in uniben the way when lecturers take full inside school ehnnnn
I come dey wonder.
I know say electrical engineering and computer science department go soon start lecture.
talk true?
Kofa has been opened for hostel application sef?

(1) (2) (Reply)

2014/2015 May/june Waec Timetable / JAMB Will Not Postpone The 2016 Admission Deadline - JAMB Boss / Osun State Polytechnic, Iree Admission Info.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.