Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,773 members, 7,806,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' (30582 Views)

South-South governors react to Buhari’s suspension of CJN, Onnoghen / BREAKING:"A Brazen Dictatorial Act" - Atiku Reacts To Buhari's Suspension Of CJN / Buhari Speaks On Suspension Of CJN Onnoghen (Full Statement) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' by DrGoodman: 1:39pm On Jan 26, 2019
CrestMan:

I think it's time Dele and all other repentant and vocal ignorant buharist, be forgiven and accepted back into the society of reasonable people. Would you have preferred they continue constituting nuisance as others who have decided to remain blind? Bros abeg, look beyond their past mistakes and accept them.
Remember, to be fooled twice is the mistake that's unacceptable.

Please kindly accept my humble opinion cool

you're right.
Re: Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' by Jaideyone(m): 1:40pm On Jan 26, 2019
truthfulparrot:
Very soon Buhari will realized that those who are playing the drums for him to dance the steps of the gods are his worst enemies.

History has consistently shown that the best way to make powerful and stubborn tyrants to fall is to massage their ego and mislead them into making costly mistakes that will consume them. I supported Buhari in 2015 because I thought he will use his boldness and stubbornness in a positive way by crushing Boko Harram and using the rule of law to deal with corrupt politicians in APC and PDP who stole our common wealth.

I knew in 2015 that PMB does not have the required knowledge about diplomacy and economy, but I thought he will employ the best hands in respective of tribes and religions to manage the economy and other aspect of his government.

But I was disappointed that he eventually surrounded himself with corrupt politicians in PDP and APC. The most annoying thing is PMB's selective fight against corruption.
What PMB failed to realised is that the corrupt politicians in APC and PDP are afraid of his second term because they know he will not have anything at stake in his second term. They know he will eventually come for them. That is why they are taking advantage of his lack of exposure to mislead him so that he will fall out of favour with international community. It seemed they are succeeding.

In the case of CJN, if I am PMB, I would have thoroughly investigated him, leaked the details of the investigation to the press and then refer him to NJC for neccessary actions. I will put so much pressure on NJC using public opinion that the NJC will not have any other option than to sack him.

If the NJC decides to play funny, I will write to the National Assembly with evidence asking for the suspension of the CJN. If PMB had followed this path, he would have gain the support of most Nigerians and the international community.

I still believe that PMB is not corrupt. But like GEJ, he is allowing corruption to thrive. He is not in charge of his government.

When I read how Nigerians Youths are busy cursing themselves on nairaland because of ATIKU and PMB, I wonder what the future will be for Nigeria. Why can't we support fresh breed of politician?

and the NJC would have constituted election tribunal the following day. a tribunal made up of corrupt judges that will subvention the will of the people and give the country back to thieves!!!

and that's how you would have lost at the end of the day.

those loopholes are there in the constitution for a reason. the CJN should have stepped down to allow the next in line to chair the NJC and decide if he's guilty or not. since he doesn't want to step down the CCT had to suspend him
Re: Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' by Tareq1105: 1:43pm On Jan 26, 2019
truthfulparrot:
Very soon Buhari will realized that those who are playing the drums for him to dance the steps of the gods are his worst enemies.

History has consistently shown that the best way to make powerful and stubborn tyrants to fall is to massage their ego and mislead them into making costly mistakes that will consume them. I supported Buhari in 2015 because I thought he will use his boldness and stubbornness in a positive way by crushing Boko Harram and using the rule of law to deal with corrupt politicians in APC and PDP who stole our common wealth.

I knew in 2015 that PMB does not have the required knowledge about diplomacy and economy, but I thought he will employ the best hands in respective of tribes and religions to manage the economy and other aspect of his government.

But I was disappointed that he eventually surrounded himself with corrupt politicians in PDP and APC. The most annoying thing is PMB's selective fight against corruption.
What PMB failed to realised is that the corrupt politicians in APC and PDP are afraid of his second term because they know he will not have anything at stake in his second term. They know he will eventually come for them. That is why they are taking advantage of his lack of exposure to mislead him so that he will fall out of favour with international community. It seemed they are succeeding.

In the case of CJN, if I am PMB, I would have thoroughly investigated him, leaked the details of the investigation to the press and then refer him to NJC for neccessary actions. I will put so much pressure on NJC using public opinion that the NJC will not have any other option than to sack him.

If the NJC decides to play funny, I will write to the National Assembly with evidence asking for the suspension of the CJN. If PMB had followed this path, he would have gain the support of most Nigerians and the international community.

I still believe that PMB is not corrupt. But like GEJ, he is allowing corruption to thrive. He is not in charge of his government.

When I read how Nigerians Youths are busy cursing themselves on nairaland because of ATIKU and PMB, I wonder what the future will be for Nigeria. Why can't we support fresh breed of politician?

Nigerian youths would not support their own because of money
Re: Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' by em28: 1:46pm On Jan 26, 2019
Corrinthians:
Trash. You need to focus on getting an education than meddling in stuffs way beyond the farthest reaches of your intellect.

Stupid diction.

I visit newspaper stands quite often. It gives me a model to evaluate comments on nairaland. The dude reminds of PDP faithful who - unequivocally claimed Atiku is richer than Dangote .. he went ahead to say "he (Atiku) .. is the largest private employer" in the Federal Republic.
Re: Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' by Corrinthians(m): 1:48pm On Jan 26, 2019
IloveToMess:

Look at Yoruba coward feeling important all of a sudden because of a houseboy VP.
Your starboy dwarf will never be Nigeria's president, get that into your cone head. In fact no Yoruba will ever smell that post again. Don't ever expect any vote from SE and SS when a Hausa/Fulani is on the ballot, you started it so deal with it!! . Afonja you people think you are smart, you definitely have not seen anything yet!!.
Pigs are pigs, South Southerners are South Southerners, stop mixing the two, bloody atachê by force.

I guess the Atiku pigs have been killing themselves for is the Pope's cousin.

Funny things.
Re: Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' by Bambambiglo: 1:56pm On Jan 26, 2019
Corrinthians:
Trash. You need to focus on getting an education than meddling in stuffs way beyond the farthest reaches of your intellect.

Stupid diction.

Frustration is written all over you. You know your god buhari is going down the drain and everything is crumbling around him and thats why your you and your kind have been spilling rubbish angrily since buhari's monumental gaffe

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' by hush15: 2:00pm On Jan 26, 2019
DrGoodman:
YOU, Dele Momodu was in the forefront of those zombified Nigerians who thought it best to support a coupist over a law abiding Nigerian. Be calm, it will get to your turn surely.

The demon you created is grown Dele, deal with it.

True... and i agree with you but unfortunately, its a problem we have to deal with. We cant afford to let it linger, else for most they might not live to tell the tale. Am sure most nigerians see the devil they invited to the dinner table but we can stop him while we still can and we will by His grace.

i use this medium to call all nigerians to uproot this aberration we have at the elms of affairs in this country , voting out nepotism, bigotry, anarchy we have as government
Re: Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 26, 2019
Corrinthians:
Their rants will begin and end on the pages of papers and social media. If them born una well, make una bring on the war y'all promised in the event the man is "touched".

Lord knows I didn't even bother reading the first line of whatever nonsense the rutound agbaya wrote up there.

Fvcking duchebags! angry

Buhari has been too much of w democrat even his supporters find it hard to understand his aloofness in the face of brazen acts of impunity by the opposition. Now the man has just flipped a mole and these bastards have gone berserk.

If I were the man, I'd declare the party a terrorist organization same way Al Sisi did the Muslim Brotherhood. Heavens won't fall! Even if it falls, it will damn well fall on their stupid heads! angry

We saw your type during Abacha... It's a matter of time...
Re: Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' by IloveToMess: 2:08pm On Jan 26, 2019
Corrinthians:
Pigs are pigs, South Southerners are South Southerners, stop mixing the two, bloody atachê by force.

I guess the Atiku pigs have been killing themselves for is the Pope's cousin.

Funny things.

If you like shout pigs from now till tomorrow it doesn't take away your Yoruba body odour or dirty habits which all Nigerians both old and young are aware of. SE and SS is for Atiku and Obi, you can use the lagoon to end your misery. Afonja dirty pig with scarfaced cone head.
Re: Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' by XaviDayo(m): 2:38pm On Jan 26, 2019
DrGoodman:
YOU, Dele Momodu was in the forefront of those zombified Nigerians who thought it best to support a coupist over a law abiding Nigerian. Be calm, it will get to your turn surely.

The demon you created is grown Dele, deal with it.

Aptly put. Dele see your life for outside. You sold Buhari to his zombies. ....now u wan change sing.
Re: Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' by Corrinthians(m): 2:51pm On Jan 26, 2019
Within the same hour, this "human" went from

IloveToMess:

Look at Yoruba coward feeling important all of a sudden because of a houseboy VP.
Your starboy dwarf will never be Nigeria's president, get that into your cone head. In fact no Yoruba will ever smell that post again. Don't ever expect any vote from SE and SS when a Hausa/Fulani is on the ballot, you started it so deal with it! . Afonja you people think you are smart, you definitely have not seen anything yet!!.

To...

IloveToMess:

If you like shout pigs from now till tomorrow it doesn't take away your Yoruba body odour or dirty habits which all Nigerians both old and young are aware of. SE and SS is for Atiku and Obi, you can use the lagoon to end your misery. Afonja dirty pig with scarfaced cone head.

That is what happens when one consumes too much urine from one barren headed albino con artist.
Re: Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' by Ayed44: 3:01pm On Jan 26, 2019
ichidodo:
Voting out Buhari is a civic duty for all Nigerian PVC holders...You want to uphold your National Constitution, the very document that defines the Nationhood of Nigeria?. Your right to Freedom and Prosperity as espied in the very letters of our National Anthem?...Then Vote out Buhari else we can as well rewrite another anthem with maybe another coat of arms and a new flag.
no need voting out buhari. Buhari is a born again democrat according to soyinka. We must all enjoy our born again democtat we created. Brace up for a full fledged tyranny in d next fur years.
Re: Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' by jelel6: 3:02pm On Jan 26, 2019
truthfulparrot:

Hey, I'm actually not too happy with the way Buhari dealt with the CJN but I recognized it is the ONLY WAY to remove that man from there.

Your strategy for getting the public to pressure the NJC is only meaningful if Nigerians generally give a damn about their reputation. But they don't.

Lemme ask you, are you aware that the CJN had already postponed the NJC council meeting on his case indefinitely before he was ousted?

Besides, how can you expect justice from a body (NJC) that majority of the members are hand picked by justice Onnoghen?

This is a man who had admitted in writing that he forgot to declare his monies, but looking for every avenue to frustrate his trial altogether. How can somebody like that be trusted to hear cases further or expect to allow the NJC operate with free hands while hearing his case.

This matter could have gotten to the Supreme Court and Justice Onnoghen would head other Justices to hear the case against himself.
Re: Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' by rock003: 3:33pm On Jan 26, 2019
Corrinthians:
At least not like a useless locally bred Pig.

thanks for declaring with your own mouth that you are a useful idiot. Case closed.
Re: Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' by IloveToMess: 3:40pm On Jan 26, 2019
Corrinthians:
Within the same hour, this "human" went from

To...

That is what happens when one consumes too much urine from one barren headed albino con artist.

You are a kid and kids always rant, thinking they are making their fans laugh only to find out they are the ones fooling themselves. No Yoruba will ever be president in Nigeria. Never again stinky Afonja! Call for war and Yorubaland will be the battle ground.
Re: Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' by Adewumiaye: 4:38pm On Jan 26, 2019
Okene2019:

You are free to go join your director at London.
Adayi umeka
Re: Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' by DeRay98(m): 4:52pm On Jan 26, 2019
GEJ illegally removed the President of the Court of Appeal on the advice of his party members when they lost elections petitions then and nothing happened.
Why's PDP crying fowl? Where were Dele Momodu, FFK, Fayose?
Re: Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' by hansomb: 6:38pm On Jan 26, 2019
Corrinthians:
Their rants will begin and end on the pages of papers and social media. If them born una well, make una bring on the war y'all promised in the event the man is "touched".

Lord knows I didn't even bother reading the first line of whatever nonsense the rutound agbaya wrote up there.

Fvcking duchebags! angry

Buhari has been too much of w democrat even his supporters find it hard to understand his aloofness in the face of brazen acts of impunity by the opposition. Now the man has just flipped a mole and these bastards have gone berserk.

If I were the man, I'd declare the party a terrorist organization same way Al Sisi did the Muslim Brotherhood. Heavens won't fall! Even if it falls, it will damn well fall on their stupid heads! angry
wow, I love this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' by marvinsync(m): 5:59am On Jan 27, 2019
teufelein:
Checks & Balances

The 1999 Constitution has neither checks nor balances. There are zero consequences for any breach of the wordings of the Constitution. The make-up of the states as vassals of the central government does not permit the fake federating units to disagree with the central government and call for negotiations of a point of discord. There are no means of enforcing any judgement given by any court...
There is no way whatsoever a president could be curtailed or contained if and when he goes overboard! There is no way to manage a rampaging president!

Some newts write that the current president does not obey the Rule of Law? Well, that is NOT exactly true! The fact is that by the 1999 Constitution, the Law DOES NOT rule! Where's the Rule of Law in that Constitution? The Nigerian President is the Law! He doesn't have to obey any court rulings because there isn't any means to enforce them!

The national assembly? Come on; read your Constitution! The Section 5 has vested ALL executive actions upon the president! He controls all aspects of security, finance and whatever! The Nigerian President is a super god! All he needs to do is to employ Executive Orders and hinge them on national security among others. We could bring up tens of clauses in the Constitution that allow him to do as he likes!
Severally we wrote about the inordinate codification of fascist clauses in that Constitution. We studied the History of that Constitution in order to understand the Spirit of it. The fact that the PDP presidents attempted to avoid those codes and clauses does not mean they weren't there or they couldn't use them. They could but sparingly used them!

Some Learned Illiterates; graduates of the Brainwashing Facilities labelled the Nigerian Law Schools had been negating obvious facts and calling us names all the while. We were always restrained and tried to stay on the path of enlightening the public on the dangerous document foisted upon us all. They mischievously lulled people into silence. We showed them aspects of the 1999 Constitution that proved that the Judiciary was subservient and subsumed under the powers of the president, they protested and called us Intellectual Terrorists! No problem!
Now, the president has removed the Chief Justice of the Federation without recourse to the NJC as dictated by the statutes employing Section 5 and national security as an excuse. Very legal. What could the Bar and Bench do now? We want our so-called legal folks to inform us how they could get the president to reverse this order. In fact, we want them to show us how the Constitution says the president should be punished for breaching this aspect of the Constitution. We want to know how they would remove the Sharia Judge and jail the president for this assault!

Ndi charge and bail lawyers talking rubbish since and defending the 1999 Constitution, come and tell us how you, your NBA, NJC, or whatever could stop this atrocious event and throw the president into jail. If you cannot tell us how it could be reversed and get it reversed, then you must agree that the Law Schools duped you of your school fees! You were duped so you could ask for a refund...or sue them! After all, the Rule of Law exists...in your minds!

What a mess we call a country! The 1999 Constitution has no checks and balances! There is no way to enforce it! It is a scam! You were trained at the Law Schools to interpret the Great Scam as Law! That is the truth! Now, go ahead and deny it as usual; that's what brainwashed people do!

That Constitution must go! If the NBA and NJC had joined the fight to discard the 1999 Constitution all this time, we might have made some progress; but they had been the greatest defenders of the biggest Heist of the 20th Century!
Shame!!!

such nonsense from a lady
Re: Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' by SuperSuave(m): 6:47am On Jan 27, 2019
Akolawole:

Good analysis!

I don't want to be in PMB' shoe on this matter at all.
There is a lacuna in our constitution. On one hand, CCT is not subject to any other court. On another hand, supreme court is supreme to any court.
Justice Walter admitted of NOT declaring the millions of dollars even Sowore had opened the can of worms long long time.

Who in NJC will indict CJN? No one! Just 2 years ago when quite a number of Justices were raided and brought before NJC, where are they today?
Go and watch Robert Clarke San interview on Sunday Politics few days ago. Its classic!
funny thing is, when sowore bursted the CJN's bubbles, effc came out to publicly deny the claims but now that it's political, they've acted on it.

Ganduje is on their side that's why mumu buhari was joking around when asked about him. Hard video evidence against ganduje but lifeless buhari still quiet
Re: Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' by SirBunky85(m): 8:21am On Jan 27, 2019
truthfulparrot:

so u expect onnoghen to head same njc DAT would investigate him abi?u pple are too daft.
Re: Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' by SirBunky85(m): 8:22am On Jan 27, 2019
Esseite:
Even the Tanko mohammed is at crossroads, you cant have the NJC, SAN's, NBA against you and feel jubilant..

Who is the Judiciary you want to preside over?

The Judiciary is strongly behind the CJN.
the courts should've bn shut down by NBA if dey are serious nah
Re: Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 27, 2019
SirBunky85:
the courts should've bn shut down by NBA if dey are serious nah

The plans are in gear.
Re: Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' by SirBunky85(m): 8:54am On Jan 27, 2019
Esseite:

The plans are in gear.
what plans? abeg forget it,evn the two heads of the national assembly-bukky and dogara are still ranting cuz dey know dat dey can't do anything to pmb.
Re: Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 27, 2019
SirBunky85:
what plans? abeg forget it,evn the two heads of the national assembly-bukky and dogara are still ranting cuz dey know dat dey can't do anything to pmb.

The plans are not to impeach him, the plans are to ridicule him for three weeks with back and forth rulings.

He would wish to throw in the towel before the election.

Note: The North has nothing to loose
Re: Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' by SirBunky85(m): 9:07am On Jan 27, 2019
Esseite:

The plans are not to impeach him, the plans are to ridicule him for three weeks with back and forth rulings.

He would wish to throw in the towel before the election.

Note: The North has nothing to loose
pmb to throw in the towel?u must be kidding. no amount of bashing would make pmb reverse the decision.evn obj,atiku ,saraki,dogara,ozokhome,fayose,etc know dis
Re: Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' by truthfulparrot(m): 1:44pm On Jan 27, 2019
SirBunky85:
so u expect onnoghen to head same njc DAT would investigate him abi?u pple are too daft.
It is people you that failed to update themself that are daft. The procedure is that as soon as the CJN is referred to NJC, he will be asked to excused himself from constituting the probe panel. The next senior Judge (i.e Tanko) will constitute the probe panel. What you guys don't even know is that the CJN is happy that the executive goofed by not following the proper channel. You guys cannot be wiser than the international community that have been condemning the method adopted by the executive.

You guys need to understand that irrespective how strongly we know that someone is guilty, the rule of law must be obeyed
Re: Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' by SirBunky85(m): 2:07pm On Jan 27, 2019
truthfulparrot:
It is people you that failed to update themself that are daft. The procedure is that as soon as the CJN is referred to NJC, he will be asked to excused himself from constituting the probe panel. The next senior Judge (i.e Tanko) will constitute the probe panel. What you guys don't even know is that the CJN is happy that the executive goofed by not following the proper channel. You guys cannot be wiser than the international community that have been condemning the method adopted by the executive.

You guys need to understand that irrespective how strongly we know that someone is guilty, the rule of law must be obeyed
and why did onnoghen postpone the 88th meeting of the njc indefinitely?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Leaving Nigeria ForThe AU Summit In South Africa (Photos) / EndSARS Protests: Timi Frank Warns Against Plot To Deploy Soldiers / INEC’s Application To Court To Reconfigure BVAS Raises Integrity Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.