Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,632 members, 7,801,822 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) (29583 Views)

Serena Williams Defeats Naomi Osaka / Australia Open 2019 Thread / US Open 2018: Serena Williams Loses To Naomi Osaka In Controversial Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) by Childishbanjino(m): 12:56pm On Jan 26, 2019
Congrats Girl!! is she related to Saka(Nollywood actor)? 7
Re: Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 26, 2019
Pretty gal with black blood. Congrats
Re: Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) by staytravel: 1:00pm On Jan 26, 2019
lordempire:
MELBOURNE, Australia — Naomi Osaka defeated Petra Kvitova, 7-6 (2), 5-7, 6-4, on Saturday to win the Australian Open and become the first Japanese player to attain the No. 1 singles ranking in women’s tennis.

It was the second consecutive major title for the fourth-seeded Osaka, 21, who defeated Serena Williams in straight sets at the United States Open in September. The last woman to win back-to-back Grand Slam singles titles was Williams, who claimed the first three majors in 2015.

www.nytimes.com/2019/01/26/sports/tennis/naomi-osaka-petra-kvitova-australian-open.amp.html

You go girl!!!! Love her grin grin grin
Re: Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) by BluntBoy(m): 1:01pm On Jan 26, 2019
My newest crush. I have become interested again in tennis simply because of her.

As for boxing, Anthony Joshua and his team should stop dodging and give us something to talk about. How come heavyweight boxing has become so dry?
Re: Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 26, 2019
Nukilia:

Everyone have a potential to succeed when placed in the right environment.

I still don't understand what you are getting at here. Someone said she is black to which you replied she is japanese insinuating that she is not.

Is she black or NOT?

2 Likes

Re: Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) by nelsonoba: 1:17pm On Jan 26, 2019
movetoca:
Black girls rock. All hail the new Queen of tennis.

***Potential Racist spotted*** shocked

Must it always be about the colour of one's skin? Aren't there dumb and smart people among every race or skin complexion?? Does being black or white automatically confer smartness on people? I just weak for some people shaa undecided

1 Like

Re: Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) by surevik(f): 1:19pm On Jan 26, 2019
That's my type of girl, we never give up. Congrats babe
Re: Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) by Onechancearmy(m): 1:20pm On Jan 26, 2019
"Many of them didn't attend school"

It's always easy to spot an illiterate agbero on this forum.

Education is the single most influential factor that has shaped the modern world. If you don't like education you can always relocate to Northern Nigeria where you will fit right in.

IntrovertedK:
many of them didn't attend school. School is not by force. It's Africans that carried education on their head like dada.
Re: Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) by STILESGANG: 1:25pm On Jan 26, 2019
WLE
martineverest:
this lady will dominate till Thy kingdom come....she would have represented America or Haiti instead of racist Japanese that won't give her due recognition
Well America is also racist
Re: Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) by Felixv: 1:25pm On Jan 26, 2019
atiku4President:
Someone has come to retire Serena.

As hard it might be for some of us you are absolutely right.

Naomi is the new queen. I just wished she never represented Japan because it is the US that actually moulded her.
Re: Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) by Mypeople2(m): 1:25pm On Jan 26, 2019
lordempire:
MELBOURNE, Australia — Naomi Osaka defeated Petra Kvitova, 7-6 (2), 5-7, 6-4, on Saturday to win the Australian Open and become the first Japanese player to attain the No. 1 singles ranking in women’s tennis.

It was the second consecutive major title for the fourth-seeded Osaka, 21, who defeated Serena Williams in straight sets at the United States Open in September. The last woman to win back-to-back Grand Slam singles titles was Williams, who claimed the first three majors in 2015.

www.nytimes.com/2019/01/26/sports/tennis/naomi-osaka-petra-kvitova-australian-open.amp.html
Congratulations to her.I was even thinking she is an Igbo lady because of her name
Re: Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) by Nukilia: 1:27pm On Jan 26, 2019
jayfolarin:

I still don't understand what you are getting at here. Someone said she is black to which you replied she is japanese insinuating that she is not.
Is she black or NOT?

lipsrsealed
Re: Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) by luvmijeje(f): 1:28pm On Jan 26, 2019
At 21 Serena held the four grand slam title and she did it twice. Let's see what she can do. Funnily enough, she's coach by a guy who formerly was Serena's hitting partner.

The jury is still out on her.

2 Likes

Re: Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) by eneojoedu(m): 1:33pm On Jan 26, 2019
jericco1:
my kind of girl
na so
Re: Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) by diteh(m): 1:34pm On Jan 26, 2019
Her kungfu tennis is pretty good i guess. that was how she defeated serena who knew nothing about kungfu tennis. now she is number 1 in the world. yeah! grin
Re: Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) by islandmoon: 1:41pm On Jan 26, 2019
dominique:
At just 21, 2nd grand slam and counting. This girl is going to be a force to reckon with, I hope she keeps up with the momentum.

you will start declining when she start dating one lover boy anyway, that I know .
never underestimate the power of huh
Re: Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) by Originalsly: 1:54pm On Jan 26, 2019
Great job!... just hope she follows in Serena's footsteps for a long lasting career. Being ranked #1 was not Venus and Serena's priority..... they skipped many tournaments that would put them there...but instead just chose to play the big money matches...less tournaments...less wear and tear....longer tournament life. The racist Whites would not like this..... after waiting impatiently sooo long for a White to dethrone Venus and Serena ....here comes another Black... that seems unstoppable. I know they will now be digging up dirt on her or her family.
Re: Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 26, 2019
Onechancearmy:
"Many of them didn't attend school"

It's always easy to spot an illiterate agbero on this forum.

Education is the single most influential factor that has shaped the modern world. If you don't like education you can always relocate to Northern Nigeria where you will fit right in.

i wrote that as a typical Nigerian. And many sport personality didn't have even basic education(Western education in this case) and does that mean they are not some major influence that are reshapening this world? They knew what they wanted and went for it unlike Africans that knows what they want but would still be forced to go for education while wasting time and resources. If Christiano and Messi were to go for education when they enrolled at academys, how old would they be before trying to go back to pursue their football dreams? Would it not be late by then? Case of many Africans with special talents. Neymar, Osaka Naomi herself and many of them. If Africans can start putting this technique into use, we will have lesser problem. Just like the first person i replied said, if Naomi was to be a Nigerian, she'd leave high school at prolly 16, 17, Jamb factor, UTME factor, get admission at prolly 19, 20 and then ASUU factor and all, graduate at 25, 26 and then she'd join the league of job seeker. But now she's 21 and already number 1 in the tennis world. Her dad is educated but why didn't he choose to force education on them too? It's better to go for what you want/believe than wasting time with some imported believes.

1 Like

Re: Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) by bentertunez: 2:01pm On Jan 26, 2019
Williams is still coming back to that spot.
Re: Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 26, 2019
bentertunez:
Williams is still coming back to that spot.

Definitely, it's inevitable
Re: Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) by movetoca: 2:53pm On Jan 26, 2019
Ganduri:

she is japanesse.
She is Haitian. She said it herself when she won US open. Google her
Re: Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) by Awaoyelmoni(m): 2:54pm On Jan 26, 2019
I loved it dat Serena Williams a black lady has been world num1 back to back it's sad that she's been denied dat position buh since it's by another black lady I guess it still works 4 me..
Re: Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) by movetoca: 2:56pm On Jan 26, 2019
RTSC:
Unfortunately, Japan have claimed her.
Removing every trace of blackness.
As long as she identifies herself as half Haitian, she is black.
Re: Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) by movetoca: 3:04pm On Jan 26, 2019
nelsonoba:

***Potential Racist spotted*** shocked

Must it always be about the colour of one's skin? Aren't there dumb and smart people among every race or skin complexion?? Does being black or white automatically confer smartness on people? I just weak for some people shaa undecided
So praising my kind makes me a racist or being pro black automatically means I'm a racist?. My grand father was mixed and it didn't stop him from becoming a chief in my town. I don't hate white people or any other race.
Re: Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) by buchai: 3:14pm On Jan 26, 2019
baby face with man hand
Re: Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) by akigbemaru: 3:27pm On Jan 26, 2019
dominique:
At just 21, 2nd grand slam and counting. This girl is going to be a force to reckon with, I hope she keeps up with the momentum.
Re: Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) by Mysine: 4:47pm On Jan 26, 2019
Criis:

Definitely, it's inevitable

Dreams. Serena is technically retired. We are just waiting for the announcement. any of the girls that qualified for the semis would have beaten her.

1 Like

Re: Naomi Osaka Wins Australia Open; Becomes World No 1 (Photo) by SUPERBOY97(m): 5:37pm On Jan 26, 2019
THIS IS REALLY HER TIME TO GLOW..............#YOU DESERVE IT!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Barcelona Fans Pay Tribute To Asisat Oshoala With A Moment Of Applause / Ronaldo Picks Up Golden Foot Award / Cristiano Ronaldo Has Been Through Six Managers In The Last Three Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.