Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,793 members, 7,802,521 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Hypocrisy? See Reno Omokri Support CBN Governor's "Suspension" In 2014. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hypocrisy? See Reno Omokri Support CBN Governor's "Suspension" In 2014. (2389 Views)

Ganduje's Ward Exco Debunks Ex-Governor's Suspension, Blame NNPP / Presidential Statement On Twitter Suspension In Nigeria By Garba Shehu / Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hypocrisy? See Reno Omokri Support CBN Governor's "Suspension" In 2014. by Topmaike007(m): 10:03pm On Jan 26, 2019
izombie:
no one said or is saying that some people are above the law. The protest is not about the suspension of the CJN but the fact that buhari bypassed the constitution of nigeria which is supreme and which the president must abide by.
Nothing stops buhari from lobbying the njc to submit a removal letter to the president. Then with a 2/3rd of the senate, the cjn will be removed. Why didn't he do that?
cos he knows the house will not approve it and meanwhile the house have not resume plenary..
Re: Hypocrisy? See Reno Omokri Support CBN Governor's "Suspension" In 2014. by Topmaike007(m): 10:04pm On Jan 26, 2019
izombie:
no one is above the law, buhari included. But this action by buhari, which you support, seems like he's above the law. Is buhari above the law?
Buhari is not above the law..and going through the Senate is time consuming..
Re: Hypocrisy? See Reno Omokri Support CBN Governor's "Suspension" In 2014. by seunfly: 10:38pm On Jan 26, 2019
alezzy13:
Both were wrong there is no doubt about. GEJ should not have removed SLS the way he did, and PMB should not have suspended the CJN

However to put the governor of CBN on the same pedestal as the CJN is plain silly. CJN heads an independent arm of govt; he is the fifth most powerful Nigerian after speaker, fo cryin out loud!!!!! CBN is more or less an appendage of the finance ministry.

Can PMB suspend the speaker of the house or the Senate president? Can the Senate president suspend d executive?? So why do we justify this brazen act of tyranny?

Justice Ayo Salami was also the president of Court of appeal, a judiciary that Indipendent of executive, yet Jonathan suspend him. The same people shouting about the death of democracy today were jubilation when Sanusi was suspended despite the fact that he was the one that leaked how billions of $ was diverted by Minister of finance and minister of petroleum.

I don't support any of the actions but our hypocrisy is too much down south. We called Jonathan hero for doing this and we are calling Buhari a tyrant for doing just once what Jonathan did twice.
Re: Hypocrisy? See Reno Omokri Support CBN Governor's "Suspension" In 2014. by izombie(m): 11:14pm On Jan 26, 2019
Topmaike007:
Buhari is not above the law..and going through the Senate is time consuming..
that's what the constitution says because the judiciary should and must remain independent. Buhari is a menace and should be impeached. If going through the senate is time consuming then we should hand the mantle over to the military.
Re: Hypocrisy? See Reno Omokri Support CBN Governor's "Suspension" In 2014. by allytinted: 4:52am On Jan 27, 2019
rexlims:
I see so many pro APC comparing suspension of d cjn and that of cbn governor.
I will ask a question and I want honest answers.
Who does d cbn governor report to? And who does d cjn report to?
Let us thinks critically and stop playing politics with everything.
Time will definitely tell and I pray when it does we will not be victims of miscarriage of justice.
Justice Ayo Salami that Jonathan controversially removed in 2011, Please which arm of government is he and who does he report to?
Re: Hypocrisy? See Reno Omokri Support CBN Governor's "Suspension" In 2014. by allytinted: 4:54am On Jan 27, 2019
Asshurbanipal:
CBN is not an arm of the government
Have you forgotten that your hero, Jonathan once suspended a certain Justice Ayomide Salami in 2011. Please which arm of government was he then?
Re: Hypocrisy? See Reno Omokri Support CBN Governor's "Suspension" In 2014. by Randy100: 6:28am On Jan 27, 2019
Political imbecil.es. Who compares Cjn(independent arm of goverment) with cbn(appointment of the president)
Re: Hypocrisy? See Reno Omokri Support CBN Governor's "Suspension" In 2014. by izombie(m): 7:12am On Jan 27, 2019
allytinted:

Have you forgotten that your hero, Jonathan once suspended a certain Justice Ayomide Salami in 2011. Please which arm of government was he then?
but apc is supposed to be different. Besides, jonathan acted on the recommendation of the njc which is constitutional. Why compare buhari with jonathan? I thought buhari is your messiah and mr integrity.
Re: Hypocrisy? See Reno Omokri Support CBN Governor's "Suspension" In 2014. by Jids(m): 8:00am On Jan 27, 2019
Okoroawusa:
I don't waste my time on a thread that has Reno Omokri as its subject matter

Iranu.!

Reno Mockery

(1) (2) (Reply)

'Why we can’t issue Certificate of Return to Uzodinma'; INEC Explains / FG Approves N654m To Deploy Hybrid Spectrum Against Radio Biafra Frequencies / We'll Continue Eating From The Oil Money & Rule Over You - Arewa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.