Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours - Gaming (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours (17310 Views)

Game House In Ado-ekiti, Ekiti State / Starting A New Game House.. Closing Others / Help! I Want Your Advise On How To Open And Run A Game House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by MeshachMARTINS(m): 6:42pm On Apr 12, 2019
Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 13, 2019
Everything I've seen in this thread is amazing.God bless your hustle bro,you're indeed creative......where is the game house located please?
Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by 9tailskid: 11:56pm On Jul 30, 2019
crafteck:

The proper software to work with it is giving me headache, hardware is perfect

Crafteck, please would you recommend a hacked console over an unhacked one for a game house?
Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by crafteck(m): 8:02am On Jul 31, 2019
9tailskid:

Crafteck, please would you recommend a hacked console over an unhacked one for a game house?

Ps3 is a dying breed, get the hacked one but anyone will do fine, they are all hackable one way or d oda now... Mostly it's for pes, gta, gow...
Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by captainking(m): 9:34pm On Aug 15, 2019
Craftech.. Good job bro.. I am Intruigued by your zeal.

2 Likes

Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by AyarmBoye(m): 10:09am On Aug 16, 2019
crafteck:
For sale. Cds 4k each, hackable brand new Nintendo switch 135k
I'm interested in tlou remastered and until dawn..... But I reside in Lagos.. How do I get it
Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by AyarmBoye(m): 11:29am On Aug 17, 2019
Crafteck pleasant u drop ur number for the last of us remastered
Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by sinceraconcept(m): 6:16pm On Aug 18, 2019
crafteck:
Will surely make my money back in the said time frame, made like 1k in 40 mins at about half load when I strolled here yesterday since my worker didn't open as per Sunday, still need to get curtains, fan and ac. Lemme wait a month or 2 before declaring success.
Chief,how do you manage your workers and ensure they don't steal from the money made since you can't know the number of customers and number of games that's been played. Is there a way you know the number of people that are playing games?

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by hopefulLandlord: 6:37pm On Aug 18, 2019
sinceraconcept:
Chief,how do you manage your workers and ensure they don't steal from the money made since you can't know the number of customers and number of games that's been played. Is there a way you know the number of people that are playing games?

Good question bro.
Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by sinceraconcept(m): 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2019
Shamoo100:
Hey ppl.. Been a minute...so finally through with the set up of the shop.. Still waiting on the two games I'll be sharing the sticker design logo and banner we plan to fix evrythn a day to the opening day.. So u guys are getting like a sneek peek.. Lol
Stickers
Sir crafteck the shop isn't too big do you advice we use the sliding door or curtain.. Thnx
Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by crafteck(m): 10:01pm On Aug 18, 2019
sinceraconcept:
you can only minimise theft... You can't stop it, being present there helps a lot

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by Shamoo100(m): 2:08am On Aug 29, 2019
sinceraconcept:
You have to be there yourself.. Atleast most of the time.. If not.. U just have to learn to trust whise thier
Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by Hayfordavid: 12:18pm On Aug 30, 2019
This guy didn't really say anything about that shop ooo.... What do u want to do there, .....
Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by crafteck(m): 10:42pm On Aug 31, 2019
Another one

Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by sleekyskillz(m): 9:33pm On Sep 02, 2019
crafteck:
Another one

Interested... How can i hit u up?
Send me your poster i've got friends in the gaming community that would be really interested
Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by crafteck(m): 10:32pm On Sep 02, 2019
sleekyskillz:

Interested... How can i hit u up?
Send me your poster i've got friends in the gaming community that would be really interested

Pls screen munch, correct email is foodandgamez@gmail.com

Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by crafteck(m): 11:56am On Dec 11, 2019
When I have time, will post an update, might be closing this game house soon...
Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by MeshachMARTINS(m): 1:42pm On Dec 11, 2019
crafteck:
shocked whyy na
Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by bravesoul247(m): 3:31am On Dec 12, 2019
crafteck:
you can only minimise theft... You can't stop it, being present there helps a lot
Very good job there bro. But ever considered installing CCTV? Do you think it might help curtail theft?
Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by hopefulLandlord: 5:26am On Dec 12, 2019
crafteck:
what?
Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by crafteck(m): 6:21am On Dec 12, 2019
bravesoul247:
Very good job there bro. But ever considered installing CCTV? Do you think it might help curtail theft?
, it certainly does
Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by crafteck(m): 6:43am On Dec 12, 2019
Thanks everyone for the support, here are salient points that brought me to that decision.
.Cost of shop agreement and commission was roughly 300, other money spent are equipments which I can remove.im guessing my net income in the course of this shop has been like 700,+/- 100k.so I've made my money back grin
.sales was poor due to 2 factors - the untrustworthy boy I put since I had no much time and the new thing I leant-crowd area doesn't translate to good patronage... Good patronage doesn't translate to good income.. The item I didn't take seriously was (average purchasing power of people in the area) they would rather stick to ps2 rather than ps3 or Ps4. Not because they didn't know it was better but they couldn't afford it.
. An advantage I got was the filling station generator that I got for free, it saved me 1k5 to 2k a day plus not having to spend like 400k on generator, thats how much it costs to run gen, mind you, I have yet another game house that averages 20k daily on 2k fuel. The management had disagreement with nepa over crazy bill and haven't used nepa for like 5 months, I didn't mind when I was on gen, removing me from the gen was the break g point, mind you the roof of the place was leaking, it wasn't well done, spoilt a PS3 for me permanently. Thank God I didn't pay 30k for repairs since I felt it was the managements responsibility, the toilet water was no more running for about 3 months, they wanted me to drop money so they could convert conduit plumbing to surface since it was broken, I refused.

Hope my adventure will give more insight to people wanting to start game business or other business.. Will update when I set up a new one.

Summary
I made my money back
Sales were about 30 percent what I expected,
Structures were bad(roof and plumbing)
No electricity at all, as in I'm expected to run on gen/inverter all day
They took shops off their main gen.
Paying 200 or 250 for a shop wasn't worth it any more relative to that area.

@typicalgamer
hopefulLandlord:

what?
MeshachMARTINS:
shocked whyy na
9tailskid:

Dayvey:
Everything I've seen in this thread is amazing.God bless your hustle bro,you're indeed creative......where is the game house located please?

5 Likes

Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by Vock(m): 3:23pm On Dec 13, 2019
Been silently following your posts since you started. It's sad reading your last update, was actually rooting for the new game center. You live to fight another day sha

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by crafteck(m): 8:17pm On Dec 14, 2019
Vock:
Been silently following your posts since you started. It's sad reading your last update, was actually rooting for the new game center. You live to fight another day sha

Thanks, there's a big advantage when one has multiple sources of income, don't feel too bad. Looking for a better spot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 20, 2020
crafteck:

Thanks, there's a big advantage when one has multiple sources of income, don't feel too bad. Looking for a better spot.
Chief, you might want to check out that area in Akoka we once talked about, I think the place is still vacant

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by crafteck(m): 10:30pm On Jan 20, 2020
Macsjebs:

Chief, you might want to check out that area in Akoka we once talked about, I think the place is still vacant

Pls WhatsApp me or drop ur number
Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 20, 2020
crafteck:

Pls WhatsApp me or drop ur number
Can't find ur no, but mine is on my signature
Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by SonOFaGun(m): 8:34pm On Jan 21, 2020
Evening sir, please I'm planning on setting this up before month end, how can I get in contact with you? Have drawn the business plan but I just need few pro tips, i long for your reply, thanks
Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by crafteck(m): 9:26pm On Feb 11, 2020
SonOFaGun:
Evening sir, please I'm planning on setting this up before month end, how can I get in contact with you? Have drawn the business plan but I just need few pro tips, i long for your reply, thanks

@8@949@38@3
Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by bigfoot79(m): 4:38pm On Jul 22, 2020
@crafteck !!! Thumbs up for this thread.
Funny how I am just discovering this after the journey ended. Anyways, that is business life.

A young boy in my area approached me to finance one for him and I am unwilling to stake more than 300k for a start.

I did the business myself about 20 years ago, before going to Uni and it was worth it. Thus I am willing to give this lad the pedestal I Never had and see what he makes out of it. If he turns out good, I will pump cash in it, otherwise, I will sell off. I couldn't get your number, I would have loved to chitchat. My WhatsApp is 08026144703 cheers
Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by crafteck(m): 5:41am On Jul 23, 2020
yungmayor02:

So this small show na 1.5 million? shocked

I never replied proper, I had a budget of 1.5,rent took 300,inverter +battery took 200,furniture +fittings,like 150.
Re: Setting Up A Game House within 72 hours by crafteck(m): 5:44am On Jul 23, 2020
yungmayor02:

So this small show na 1.5 million? shocked

I never replied proper, I had a budget of 1.5
,rent took 300
inverter +battery took 200
furniture +fittings,like 150
ps3 like 50k each,4 =200k
Can't remember p4
If had bought gen you see how small d money can be?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

#ENDSARS Chief_nwosu's Store : Cheap And Affordable Uhd 4k Hdr Tv / 13 Overhyped Video Games That Failed Miserably After They Got Released / 10 Most Popular Games Of The Year 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.