Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,780 members, 7,806,158 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) (14467 Views)

Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final / US Open 2019 Men's Final: Rafael Nadal Vs Daniil Medvedev Discussion Thread / Rafael Nadal's 80-foot Luxury Superyacht In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by lordempire(m): 12:01pm On Jan 27, 2019
Novak Djokovic has won a record seventh Australian Open title in emphatic fashion, putting on a sheer masterclass to outplay Rafael Nadal from first game to last.

Djokovic triumphed in straight sets, 6-3, 6-2, 6-3 to move past Roger Federer as the outright leader in Australian Open titles.

More tantalisingly yet, it has marked a stunning run of major wins for the Serb, having now won Wimbledon, the US Open and now the Australian Open in succession, meaning an extremely rare calendar Grand Slam is on the cards for Djokovic if he wins this year's French Open.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/live/2019/jan/27/novak-djokovic-v-rafael-nadal-australian-open-final-live

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by lordempire(m): 12:06pm On Jan 27, 2019
Is Djokovic going to be greater than Roger Federer?
Like for Djokovic, Share for Roger Federer!

35 Likes 97 Shares

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by lordempire(m): 12:09pm On Jan 27, 2019
lordempire:
Novak Djokovic has won a record seventh Australian Open title in emphatic fashion, putting on a sheer masterclass to outplay Rafael Nadal from first game to last.

Djokovic triumphed in straight sets, 6-3, 6-2, 6-3 to move past Roger Federer as the outright leader in Australian Open titles.

More tantalisingly yet, it has marked a stunning run of major wins for the Serb, having now won Wimbledon, the US Open and now the Australian Open in succession, meaning an extremely rare calendar Grand Slam is on the cards for Djokovic if he wins this year's French Open.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/live/2019/jan/27/novak-djokovic-v-rafael-nadal-australian-open-final-live

3rd grand slam title in a row

2018 Wimbledon
2018 usa open
2019 Australia open

15th grand slam title
7th Australian open title

24 Likes

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by Ovie56(m): 12:19pm On Jan 27, 2019
I recognize Novak as the best ever , I don't need any grand slam count

8 Likes

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by lordempire(m): 12:21pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ovie56:

It's arguable, kindly state your reasons

8 Likes

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by RogerFederer1: 12:27pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ovie56:

Roger is the greatest

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by RogerFederer1: 12:27pm On Jan 27, 2019
lordempire:

Roger has won the most grandslams in Male tennis single

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by lordempire(m): 12:32pm On Jan 27, 2019
RogerFederer1:

Roger has won the most grandslams in Male tennis single

You are right but considering that he is older and the younger ones can meet up
Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by Ovie56(m): 12:34pm On Jan 27, 2019
lordempire:

I said "i" not we ok?

But nonetheless let me indulge you
1. On the grounds that he has beaten the other 2 contender in more than they beaten him I.e better head to head.
2. On his peak he is almost impossible to beat it's often described as playing tennis against a wall
3. He thrives on all surfaces compared to the other contenders who has favourites (Nadal clay and Fed grass).

Bonus point he has won all the 1000 masters series event 9 out of 9 Nadal and Fed are stuck on 7/9

Lastly and obviously he's my fav so it's possible I'll be bias but that's normal isn't it?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by Ovie56(m): 12:36pm On Jan 27, 2019
RogerFederer1:

Roger is the greatest
That's your opinion there's no official criteria for determining the best ever
Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by RogerFederer1: 12:40pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ovie56:

6 Likes

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by RogerFederer1: 12:41pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ovie56:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by lordempire(m): 12:43pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ovie56:

Hummmm, Roger is the greatest!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by Ovie56(m): 12:43pm On Jan 27, 2019
[quote author=RogerFederer1 post=75160681][/quote] That's Steve Tignors opinion
Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by RogerFederer1: 12:45pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ovie56:
That's Steve Tignors opinion

he is a seasoned tennis analyst and writer for the best Tennis website worldwide!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by Ovie56(m): 12:48pm On Jan 27, 2019
RogerFederer1:

he is a seasoned tennis analyst and writer for the best Tennis website worldwide!
So? Still his opinion he's not representing ITF or ATP
Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by lordempire(m): 12:48pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ovie56:
I said "i" not we ok?

But nonetheless let me indulge you
1. On the grounds that he has beaten the other 2 contender in more than they beaten him I.e better head to head.
2. On his peak he is almost impossible to beat it's often described as playing tennis against a wall
3. He thrives on all surfaces compared to the other contenders who has favourites (Nadal clay and Fed grass).

Bonus point he has won all the 1000 masters series event 9 out of 9 Nadal and Fed are stuck on 7/9

Lastly and obviously he's my fav so it's possible I'll be bias but that's normal isn't it?

You need to consider the age difference....when Federer was younger, he had no major competitor on grass and hardcourt.
Besides when Federer sent Pete Sampras to retirement, we didn't say Federer was the best as at then.....just because you beat an aging man.
For the 2nd and 3rd reasons, you have a strong point, however most rankings actually pick Roger Federer!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by Ovie56(m): 12:54pm On Jan 27, 2019
lordempire:

You need to consider the age difference....when Federer was younger, he had no major competitor on grass and hardcourt.
Besides when Federer sent Pete Sampras to retirement, we didn't say Federer was the best as at then.....just because you beat an aging man.
For the 2nd and 3rd reasons, you have a strong point, however most rankings actually pick Roger Federer!
Djokovic beat an Aging Federer? Nadal and Novak has been beating him for over 13 years

5 Likes

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by Sport89: 12:55pm On Jan 27, 2019
Roger Federer

2 Likes

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by lordempire(m): 12:57pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ovie56:
Djokovic beat an Aging Federer? Nadal and Novak has been beating him for over 13 years

Federer dominated during their early matches, leading 13–6 by the end of 2010(Before 29yrs), but Djokovic took over the lead in the head-to-head in 2016, thanks to a 19–9 record since 2011.(after 29yrs)

1 Like

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by Ovie56(m): 1:04pm On Jan 27, 2019
lordempire:

Federer dominated during their early matches, leading 13–6 by the end of 2010(Before 29yrs), but Djokovic took over the lead in the head-to-head in 2016, thanks to a 19–9 record since 2011.(after 29yrs)
Djokovic himself is over 31 now and still unbeatable for most young guys out there, y'all praise Fed for being old and winning don't be acting like that's not one of your main selling point and I don't want to delve into what most people call the weak era the time when he was dominating and also there's no point debating this nobody will switch opinion at least not me

2 Likes

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by lordempire(m): 1:09pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ovie56:
Djokovic himself is over 31 now and still unbeatable for most young guys out there, y'all praise Fed for being old and winning don't be acting like that's not one of your main selling point and I don't want to delve into what most people call the weak era the time when he was dominating and also there's no point debating this nobody will switch opinion at least not me

Roger retired greats like Agassi and Sampras, still met an era of Nadal and Novak.....He did fantastically well....The younger guys are really weak...

Note: Check all rankings of great Tennis websites or Analysts, you will find out both in analysis and records.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by Sport89: 1:14pm On Jan 27, 2019
lordempire:

Roger retired greats like Agassi and Sampras, still met an era of Nadal and Novak.....He did fantastically well....The younger guys are really weak...

Note: Check all rankings of great Tennis websites or Analysts, you will find out both in analysis and records.
Thanks

Very correct
Congratulations to Novak Djokovic!!!

3 Likes

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by Ovie56(m): 1:14pm On Jan 27, 2019
lordempire:

Thanks
what do you mean by "retired" did he physically make their body older? Seems you want to debate the weak ERA no wahala
Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 27, 2019
First Serena, now Nadal cry Not a good time for my faves

4 Likes

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by Sport89: 1:17pm On Jan 27, 2019
Criis:
First Serena, now Nadal cry Not a good time for my faves

Sorry Boss, Roland Garros is coming!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by lordempire(m): 1:47pm On Jan 27, 2019
Novak with the Trophy

2 Likes

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by Sport89: 2:10pm On Jan 27, 2019
lordempire:
Novak with the Trophy

Congratulations Novak

1 Like

Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by Sport89: 2:40pm On Jan 27, 2019
Front page material
Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by RogerFederer1: 4:26pm On Jan 27, 2019
Sport89:
Front page material
Yes
Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) by Smel123: 4:40pm On Jan 27, 2019
zz

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! / England Players Training Ahead Of Croatia Match (Photos) / Oyinlomo Quadre Now A Student Of Florida International University, USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.