Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,850 members, 7,798,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> (13466 Views)

Poll: Do you support the idea of a third term?

Yes: 16% (21 votes)
No: 83% (110 votes)
This poll has ended

Full Text Of Fashola's Short Term Agenda For Power, Work And Housing / Revisiting Bakare's Visit To Gej: The $50,000 Bribe And 7-year Term Agenda / How Obasanjo’s Third Term Agenda Affected Nigeria – Daniel ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by omoifa(m): 10:40pm On Apr 29, 2006
Grizzly! Pastor Tunde Bakare of Latter Rain Assembly, Ogba wished that in 1999, it never happened. You probably must see further than Bakare or are you short sighted?
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Ashiwaju(m): 8:42am On Apr 30, 2006
@ IBB abeg ask Omoife say shey him house no dey among the ones wey dey vandalise for abuja ni? and ask am if them don start work on the ones wey dem vandalise?

Why him no go support obj? i just no see the reason why him no go support am because if him wake up everyday, him dey see presedential convoy pass,the siren, the efizi and him go wave and he never wants that to stop happening, but mind you omoife, it is the last you would get from obj abi u don join party ni? even if you join party, he no go pass N200 pay perhead wey dem dey share for party rats. I just need a sincere person to tell me how PDP won in virtually all the states? Haba its an open riging and he hs just laid a sample as to what another party would do when they get there. No long thing like Dbanj dey talk, obj no go even see the celerbration day talkless of dying after ceremony unless he changes that silly ambition. i now see why most naija refer to him as a monkey, some say gorilla bcus only an animal would seek for an extension. he should just change his name sef to nigeria, then we would know nigeria is rulling nigerian nd wants to dye rulling nigeria. he is yet to see the end of mugabe and this is nigeria u know.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by IBBFan(m): 9:18am On Apr 30, 2006
ashiwaju, just leave ifa first. we never even talk of ijaw people wey get oil and yet na dem dey suffer pass because of some so-called "minority". the ten-finger, ten-toe eating man made himself petroleum minister so that he can consume all he can. between 1999-2006, fuel price has increased from N22-N65. kerosene is even more expensive than fuel, whereas the less than average people do not have cars but make use of stoves for cooking.

i'll say it over and over, there is NO messiah that will lead us to any promise land. so come 2007, let a fellow thief but a more considerate one do what he better than OBJ while he also loots some money into his underground storage room. it's like part of the constitution as well, even though it's not written. OBJ set up EFCC and they pounce on nearly every person, high and low. what are they still waiting for to check OBJ or even many of the things Stella (R.I.P.) accquired while she was alive? the answer is very simple and straight with yet another question; If a servant uses the toilet and doesn't flush, he will get punished by his master. but if the master uses the toilet and doesn't flush, what do you think will happen?

if ifa dey chop from one side wey e be say na OBJ link, then i don't blame him for being in support. he might not know another way of moving forward if OBJ leaves next year, afterall the motto is: MAN MUST WACK!!
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by omoifa(m): 4:38pm On Apr 30, 2006
IBB for President!. Hurray. My bros IBB you don live through to type. Abi, make everybody just go loot jare. In fact make them include looting for constitution make we kuku know where we are. I for agree with you sef if the thing go go round. One million Naira for every Nigerian. The thing no bad o. We go come beg Obasanjo make e make sure say inflation no chop the one million. When e don agree we fit give am 10th term sef.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by omoifa(m): 4:47pm On Apr 30, 2006
Asiwaju, Na Ashiwaju of whom or where you bi. Ashiwaju of anti-third term or Ashiwaju of IBB the evil genius. Nothing dey for that Iwaju oooo make i tell you. You go just Shiwaju into the den of the lion. When them come finish with you your title go drop. Make you change you Iwaju to that of prosperity o. That na the latest o. Abi u no see Tinubu- The Asiwaju of Lagos. When Tsunami go strike from the ocean you go just see say he go drop hin title, say make somebody else shiwaju go meet tsunami.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Grizzly(m): 4:51pm On Apr 30, 2006
Evrybody wey dey commot for president 2007 na C.R.O.O.K.S Kai!! angry just dey name them.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by omoifa(m): 7:58pm On Apr 30, 2006
It is naturally assumed that the Local Govt Authorities are closest to the grassroot. They feel the pulse of the people. We can easily say they are the people's voice. It is highly risky for them to speak differently from what the people want because they live amongst the people and are therefore vulnerable. We have 774 of them in Nigeria. Read below and see what the people's voice have said:

THISDAY 30th April 2006
ALGON Backs Third Term
From John Iwori in Port Harcourt, 04.30.2006

As the campaign to elongate the tenure of President Olusegun Obasanjo beyond May 29, 2007 continue to generate debate across the country, the Association of Local Governments of Nigeria (ALGON) has thrown its weight behind the move.
Made up of 774 local government areas across the federation, ALGON which ended its two days National Executive Council (NEC) meeting in the Rivers State capital, Port Harcourt yesterday said it is in total support of on-going constitutional review to give the present political office holders another term of office.
It also drummed support for the retention of immunity clause for the President, Vice President, Governors and Deputy Governors, even as it asked the Federal Government to seize the allocation of any local government council dissolved before the expiration of its tenure.
Addressing newsmen yesterday at the Conference Hall of Protea Hotel, Port Harcourt, the venue of the NEC meeting, the National President of ALGON, Chief Nyesom Wike argued that the removal of the immunity clause from the constitution would not allow public office holders to concentrate on the task expected of their respective offices and positions.

Said he: "We are ins support of third term not only for Mr. President but also to the governors. We also want the immunity clause retained so that the affected office holders would concentrate on their roles and responsibilities.
"It is the stand of ALGON that whenever any state government dissolve any local government council before the expiration of its tenure, the Federal Government should withhold the monthly allocation of the affected council from the federation account.
"Besides we want the tenure of councils in the federation to be harmonized. There should be uniformity in tenure throughout the federation. The present situation where some states operate a two year tenure while others operate three or more years tenure does not augur when for the polity", he said.
Wike who was flanked at the press conference by other principal officials of ALGON maintained that as “grassroots men and women, we are in touch with the yearnings and aspirations of the people in the hinterland and our views should be respected by the National Assembly in the on-going constitutional review exercise”
According to Wike who is also the chairman of oil and gas rich Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of Rivers State, council chairmen as the mouthpiece of the rural areas should be given full autonomy to administer their councils.
"It is the belief of ALGON that only a fully independent person that can be in a position to perform his statutory roles and responsibilities creditably. The fight against corruption should not be focus on individuals but on the institutions.
"This is because while the individuals that occupies the office come and go, the institutions remain. And we should do everything possible to strengthen them", he said.

So all of you out there claim to speak for the people should think twice. We now have a feeling of what the people want. It is now our duty to stop all those biased newspaper houses to stop abusing our intelligence. Just because they have the power of the media does not mean they are in the majority. Aluta Continua Victory for continuity and entrenching of strong institution is now certain. Let us give the third termers that pact. If that is the only thing they will do in the next four years let them put together structures that will insulate us from thieves and would-be thieves. Then my brothers "Anybody" can go and rule.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Ashiwaju(m): 11:42pm On Apr 30, 2006
@ Omo Ifa, I just hope that the "Ifa" you belong to is not the silly and the sick ifa of now adays, even though we know the name "ifa" is attached to our fore fathers but this age of ours, has turned the name ifa into something anyhow person can wear. Ifa is known for nothing but the truth but with the kind of ifa that you represent,, i bet we will be far from truth and it would never be told.

If you really think that stuff, you posted is from the true voice of the people then something must either be wrong with you or with the ifa you represent. What else would those local government say? The local Govt. that was installed by the PDP Govt itself? do you expect it to say otherwise ni? cant you just think, or cant you just use your eyes to see that what you have in that journal is a paid anoucement abi na advert them dey call am?

You dey talk about Tinubu, I dont blame you, you are not in lagos and you dont know what politics is, maybe you need to go university of politics for naija delta to understand what it truly means. If tinubu has ruled nigeria i bet for good 8 years their would be a massive and a great positive change than what ur so called role model has done.

I am ashiwaju and thats what i am, if you like spell it otherwise, you are on your own.

I forgive you anyway
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by IBBFan(m): 12:11am On May 01, 2006
@ashiwaju

my guy, u no dey slack. i dey gbadun u, jare!! if dem giv me wit u power to rule dis country, u kno wetin we go do , cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Ashiwaju(m): 12:47am On May 01, 2006
@IBB, No Mind Eru Ifa , If we slack these Third Term campaigners go make fool of them self, but like i talk before, i don forgive am abi na forgive them i go talk ni!

U go don know the kind of person wey him be

omoifa:

Abi, make everybody just go loot jare. In fact make them include looting for constitution make we kuku know where we are. I for agree with you sef if the thing go go round. One million Naira for every Nigerian. The thing no bad o. We go come beg Obasanjo make e make sure say inflation no chop the one million. When e don agree we fit give am 10th term sef.

He is so cheap, he can sell his conscience for 1 million, i just wonder if his generation to come would live from the one million?! grin
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by IBBFan(m): 1:03am On May 01, 2006
ashi, he is a naija man. cheesy cheesy cheesy i strongly believe ifa, or somebody he knows walks in one of those abuja government offices and therefore the naira keeps pouring on them without limit.

me wit u wey dey lag, make we dey manage until our day go come. wink
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by DRANOEL(m): 1:36pm On May 01, 2006
most yorubas support third term which is a pity. for the ibos you will have to work for it. it wont be given on a platter of gold. for now ibb is tops
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by omoifa(m): 4:56pm On May 01, 2006
Haba Ashiwaju! I no fit sell my conscience for 1 million Naira now. 1 million wey no fit buy brand new car sef. Na your partner in crime IBB i dey follow hin foot step now. No be hin suggest say make we chase OBJ out say hin no care if na somebody wey go come chop us dry go come in.

IBB:

i'll say it over and over, there is NO messiah that will lead us to any promise land. so come 2007, let a fellow thief but a more considerate one do what he better than OBJ while he also loots some money into his underground storage room. it's like part of the constitution as well, even though it's not written. OBJ set up EFCC and they pounce on nearly every person, high and low. what are they still waiting for to check OBJ or even many of the things Stella (R.I.P.) accquired while she was alive? the answer is very simple and straight with yet another question; If a servant uses the toilet and doesn't flush, he will get punished by his master. but if the master uses the toilet and doesn't flush, what do you think will happen?

I just dey suggest say make we kuku insert chop-i-chop for inside constitution now. make everybody know where we dey.

@Ashiwaju, IBB
Na wa for una. So you have now attributed ALGON to PDP. Don't ne a bad loser now. The ALGON statement is for real. They are the people. They understand the sufferings of the people and they can see the light at the end of the road. Can you tell me how a tenure extension will favour them when OBJ never interfered in their plight with their Governors. They should be voting to send OBJ out of ASO rock if they were selfish bastards. But they have shown us that wisdom always prevails.

I no dey chop o for Aso Rock. I just dey run my small business here for abuja hoping for the best. But i know the best is around the corner.

Have you asked yourself why the entire manufacturing sector is supporting OBJ. Don't you agree that manufacturing is the bedrock of any economy. They are supporting him because he is banning all those things we can produce here but that you people bring in to sell to bastardise our naira and cripple our industries. Must of the manufacturers are optimising their capacity now.He is doing it against all odds but he is forging ahead. I no blame una wey dey against him. Him don comot chop chop from rent seekers mouth. You guys are listening to people who cannot import or people who cannot get easy money anymore.

Manufacturers dey support, ALGON dey support. Na only the established critics like Gani, Femi Falana, Soyinka dey scream on top dem voice. They must scream now. Dem want people make dem hear dem voice too.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by quizy(m): 5:41pm On May 01, 2006
3rd term?what does it mean to you and the apostles of the 3rd term.Before u cast your vote,search your soul and mind.Dont mince words.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Jalal(m): 6:20pm On May 01, 2006
Ok, 3rd term let them hav it, since there is going to be an election no problem, OBJ cant win again, and if they try to rig the elections, Nigerians wont siddon look once again (I hope)

Anyway bw OBJ and IBB, or Atiku and IBB, in any case its a choice bw the devil and the deep blue sea (in this case bw the devil and the evil genius)
What a choice o Nigerians, only God can save us n He has neva let us down!!
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by panafrican(m): 7:42pm On May 01, 2006
Quote " limits on terms in office should be respected to help reinforce the democratic process".

US embassy, Nigeria.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4962616.stm
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Ashiwaju(m): 11:26am On May 02, 2006
@ Eru Ifa, How i go eva Blame you? When you no even believe yah self? Who dey talk Algon and MAN? Shey Obj don provide that Productive Environment to Help the MAN ni? Abi even you wey dey manage small buz like you talk shey the kind environment wey dem create don help you and your small buz ni? Stop living a fake life, face the reality and hit it on the head. OBJ na Failure, if anybody support am na because of wetin them dey chop ad for someone like you to talk about EASY MONEY, i still dont get what you mean by that ooo, Abi na well you dey digg before you see ur own money ni. Stop being a bigot and a cynic, face the fact. person wey don live for him generation and him still dey live your generation and you dey there they talk of your small buz. Sitdown look u hear
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by omoifa(m): 1:26pm On May 02, 2006
Ashi! Ashi! haba. You have to see this light at the end of the tunnel ooo. The light too bright now. How can you say OBJ is a failure when everybody else acknowledges that he is a success but are just pleading on moral grounds for him to bow out "when the ovation is loudest". i don't think is performance is in doubt. Na the third term thing they divide people. Unless u want stand alone on the other side of the performance divide.

How can MAN be for his return if they are not doing well. I no just get you. As for my small biz, we dey manage. Things are looking up. We have hope. Don't you know man lives on hope. And when you start to see the light at the end of the tunnel you are telling me to try another turning. what is the guarantee say i go see another light at the end of that turning wey you say make i take.

What is four years in a nations history. When it could be defining 4 years for us. Abeg make you think well oooo. I understand say you dey bitter becos OBJ don use your quota and your child quota. Even if he no use am somebody else go use am
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Ashiwaju(m): 2:01pm On May 02, 2006
@ Eru Ifa, Which kind light dey for the end of a closed turnel? abi shey na halogen bulb you mean? Na u b d first to tell me say light dey for under ground ooo (well/Grave).

How can you say Everybody likes obj when you are talking from your palour and the decision made in your room or amongt your folks? I bet that everybody rep a quota of yah family. no sweat.

I dont know we have cowards like you in this country, who cannot stand a change in their life, haba, how can you say what would 4 years do in the life of a country, too bad you hide under your evil shell. What you cannot do in 8 years, even if them give you 1000 years you wont be able to do it. Stop deceiving yourself, there is no point talking for the sake. if you need to boost up your post on nairaland, i would tell you how but useless and ruthless contributions like this dont help.

He Go better na poor man prayer, Mr Hope, i think i must let you know that obj cannot even use my own quota talkless of using my children's quota bcus he aint going for no third term and if he does, well he knows what happened to Abacha in his time. he is only tempting God and no me u know.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Seun(m): 5:27pm On May 03, 2006
The topic is third term agenda. both the US government and the NLC have said "NO" to it!
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by wormedup(m): 5:33pm On May 03, 2006
1. what's the thrid term's provision for members of the house ?

2. anybody who's in support of the third term obviously thinks that there's no other person capable of ruling this country.
what a shame. i wouldn't want to be a citizen of a country that can produce only one leader.
even if a monster is coming in next, please let us see it first. at least we'll know we did one thing - elected the monster ourselves.
i don't believe in assuming or concluding that the next president is the devil's incarnate, it's just speculations. all eggs don't become chicks so why not just wait for the chicks to show up.
OBY should respect himself and leavethe constitution as it is. if he felt that 4yrs double tenure was improper, he should have handled it immediately he assumed office in may 1999.
they should stop trying to make a fool of us and seriously, he should stop making a fool of himself.

cheers.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by pintos(m): 8:16pm On May 03, 2006
Mobilization against 3rd term agenda in Nigeria
Nigerians are saying loud and clear, a big 'NO' to any constitution amendment that would prolong the tenure of  President Obasanjo and The State Governors beyond the existing two terms of four years each, as prescribed by the 1999 Constitution.
see:  http://nigeriasaynoto3term.typepad.com
And have your say.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by omoifa(m): 9:12pm On May 03, 2006
Ashi-wo!

Yes, I am not a gambler and INSHA ALLAH i would not become one. Do you know what is Russian Roullettte. That is what we want to play with this third term thing. I am truly a coward when it comes to gambling especially when our past is enough to determine if we should gamble or not.

OBJ is not the Messiah. And by the grace of God we should not be looking for any messiah in this century. We should eradicate the messiah mentality. It will not work. What we need is institutions fortified with 21st century norms of society. When that is in place we don't need any messiah. A stupid man will not lead us astray. I say again Institutions! Institutions ! Institutions!.

The only reason OBJ is featuring in my argument is because this is a person we already know. Someone who has tried to do something good for this country. At least we are sure he is not going to lead us completely astray. Equally we know he as been strenghtening fiscal institutions. FIRS, CBN Finance etc etc.

My prayer is: Since he has shown us this quality, and now we understand that we want to change leaders periodically, then shouldn't we tell him to strenghten those institutions that will insulate us from a bad President?.

What you are suggesting and people are saying is that he should just go not caring who comes in next. I think that is irresponsible knowing the type of system we operate. You can say we should bring in someone else to strenghten it for us. The gamble is still there.

Anyway, one thing that pleases me in this whole saga is that some of the possible termites (IBB, Atiku etc) are now on the other side of OBJ. So even if OBJ eventually does not go, by the grace of God he will not let any of those people get near it.

One can thank God for that.

So Ashi-wo! You should try and see my thinking beyond OBJ!
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Ashiwaju(m): 11:40pm On May 03, 2006
@ ERU IFA

I clearly see your reasons above OBJ but the point still stands, who is OBJ in the nigeria of today to say some certain people cannot smell the presidency? it is eitha he is kidding or you are the one kidding.

We cant fit fight, its just that this present govt wants us all to hit against each other in the name of tenure extension, if you followed the debate today you would see clearly that money is really working and Third term campaigner's are doing their job very well but even with that, They aint gonna get any third term. Let them cut loose, rest in peace come 2007 and lets see who comes in next. Them say the person wey rule wey hin tenure good, him name no go commot and the one wey do otherwise, hin name no go commot. do your best na hin oyibo dey talk and leave the rest.

And like one person talk, if his reason for amendment of that const. was genure , haba, he would have done that long before now. Nigeria is only 46 years and one man has ruled for 11 years, haba, life no be for one person now. He just gotta leave by might or by fire
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by IBBFan(m): 11:51pm On May 03, 2006
@ashi (note: not short for ashewo) wink

ur church na mountain of fire? this ur prayer na violent prayer!!
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Ashiwaju(m): 12:06am On May 04, 2006
@ IBB

I know you dont mean ashiwo jare, leave Eru IFa make hin dey talk hin own, na O Y O hin dey

Anyway how are you today and what gwan?!
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Ashiwaju(m): 12:08am On May 04, 2006
them say if u try prayer he no work, abeg try curse he fit work
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by IBBFan(m): 12:50am On May 04, 2006
ashi, i dey. seems you're off now, so we'll talk another time. good night!! wink
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Lasun(m): 10:32am On May 04, 2006
Those who are writing OBJ's script must have borrowed a leave from the guys who wrote Abacha's script:failed bank for Abacha as atool of intimidation,EfCC for OBJ.The govt arguement about Atiku is diversionary,who is clean amongst them?How did OBJ get the money to set up Otta farm after he retired?Add up all his salary since he joined the army;is not enough to build Otta farm.Who owns Oando(Olusegun and Obasanjo) PLC? Oando recently advertised for perone in the upstream sector,no be only Atiku steal,Gbenga is fronting for his dad,it is a case of a kettle calling a pot black.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Ashiwaju(m): 10:40am On May 04, 2006
Abeg help me tell them ooo

For Otta Farm, na the then Opeartion feed the nation and if u must know there is times two of that farm in lan la te in osun state. You damn right about OANDO, them both are the most irresponsible humans i have ever seen. they pretend to be a saint and what do we get, seletive justice
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by wormedup(m): 1:43pm On May 04, 2006
bottom line,

OBY should just leave. he's not in the position to pick who will replace him. as if he's running his family business.
nigeria's not meant for him. 11/46 is just more than enough for one person considering the number of capable people in the country !

make the man just respect himself o o o. i don begin vex ! angry
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by loma(m): 5:20am On May 05, 2006
I am beginning to feel there may be hope for Nigeria after all. I was discussing with Pat Utomi (Patito's gang) earlier today ot the OTC conference in Houston, and he remarked that he and some other intellectuals were floating a political party, and he might be declaring his intention to run for President soon.

It got me thinking if Nigerians will really vote for a technocrat/intellectual like this despite his vision.
What do you think? Would you vote for him if he contested?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-12101.0.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Transparency International To GEJ: 'Your Country Is A Den Of Thieves' / Teachers Protest In Umuahia Over Unpaid Salaries (Photos) / 2023: Okowa, Saraki, Tambuwal, Bala Mohammed In Closed-Door Meeting In Asaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.