Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> (13484 Views)

Poll: Do you support the idea of a third term?

Yes: 16% (21 votes)
No: 83% (110 votes)
This poll has ended

Full Text Of Fashola's Short Term Agenda For Power, Work And Housing / Revisiting Bakare's Visit To Gej: The $50,000 Bribe And 7-year Term Agenda / How Obasanjo’s Third Term Agenda Affected Nigeria – Daniel ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by kimba(m): 10:31pm On May 09, 2006
In 1976, obasanjo visited our school and said we were the leaders of tomorrow. 30 yrs later he is still our leader.

He used up our parents quota, he is using our quota and now he wants to use our children's quota.

say no to 3rd term
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by OlaAjia(m): 5:47am On May 10, 2006
I'm sorry to say Kimba,
But you're a bit ill-informed. It was not Obj that used up your parents quota. You should hold IBB, Abacha and Buhari responsible for that. grin grin grin
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by OlaAjia(m): 8:19am On May 10, 2006
Hey guys,
It will be a different story if Obj had been in power for the past 8 years and we have not heard outsiders comment on the progress we've made. I am confident that baba is doing a great job. Hardly will any one of you remember the great things he's done to 9ja. Since after the arrest of that crook called Hamani Tidjani, when have you heard of high car theft rate in Nigeria? We are not even thankful for the ease he brought in communications, debt relief, just to mention a few.
Let's face the fact my dear brothers and sisters, people that are likely to take over, from him if the constitution is not amended, are those that are interested in their pockets. Believe you me guys, if he is really pursuing his own self interest, he could have as well done that 8 years ago, by clearing the little we had as foreign reserves. Guys who can beat this -- Raising your foreign reserves from - (minus) $9billion to + (Plus) $36billion just within 8 years?
Or who will you rather trust? A pastor who suddenly wants to become the president of our country, claiming God told him to campaign! If it was true, why didn't he win the elections since 2004? Will God send you on a mission and deny you when you've embarked on it? Or is it IBB who crashed the economy? Please guys, reason well. It's important we make a right choice. I'm not saying there's no other capable person in Nigeria but Obj, what I'm saying is that we stick to the person who's still doing the little he can. When the right person comes, we will all know it’s him. But as for now, I can't see any right person among those aspirants. Obj has my full 100% support for 3rd term guys.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by wormedup(m): 10:05am On May 10, 2006
@ OlaAjia

so from your implications, he should as well stay forever ?
why don't they just turn the country into a KINGDOM so that he can rule forever !

being good doesn't mean he should stay till death do them part.
how r we even sure that he's not been doing his own loot on the background ? and what makes u think he won't take a turn for the worse once the ammendment takes place.

i hate it when people imply that OBY is the only one who can rule this country. it's very insulting and people should refrain from making such comments either directly or indirectly.
what you are saying in essence is that the whole lot of the other citizens of our dear country are fools. i strongly disagree with you and with the 3rd term motif.

everybody was against Ngige at first but then he changed everything.
still, those who are sickened by good deeds won't just let him be.
and our there OBY was there watching and did nothing.

OBY should just leave, he has done enough for us. and we appreciate.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Orikinla(m): 12:31pm On May 10, 2006

Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments>
« #162 on: Today at 08:19:51 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys,
It will be a different story if Obj had been in power for the past 8 years and we have not heard outsiders comment on the progress we've made. I am confident that baba is doing a great job. Hardly will any one of you remember the great things he's done to Nigeria. Since after the arrest of that crook called Hamani Tidjani, when have you heard of high car theft rate in Nigeria? We are not even thankful for the ease he brought in communications, debt relief, just to mention a few.
Let's face the fact my dear brothers and sisters, people that are likely to take over, from him if the constitution is not amended, are those that are interested in their pockets. Believe you me guys, if he is really pursuing his own self interest, he could have as well done that 8 years ago, by clearing the little we had as foreign reserves. Guys who can beat this -- Raising your foreign reserves from - (minus) $9billion to + (Plus) $36billion just within 8 years?
Or who will you rather trust? A pastor who suddenly wants to become the president of our country, claiming God told him to campaign! If it was true, why didn't he win the elections since 2004? Will God send you on a mission and deny you when you've embarked on it? Or is it IBB who crashed the economy? Please guys, reason well. It's important we make a right choice. I'm not saying there's no other capable person in Nigeria but Obj, what I'm saying is that we stick to the person who's still doing the little he can. When the right person comes, we will all know it’s him. But as for now, I can't see any right person among those aspirants. Obj has my full 100% support for 3rd term guys.

IGNORANCE KILLS.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by OlaAjia(m): 2:23pm On May 10, 2006
Hey Warmedup,
wormedup:

i hate it when people imply that OBY is the only one who can rule this country. it's very insulting and people should refrain from making such comments either directly or indirectly.
what you are saying in essence is that the whole lot of the other citizens of our dear country are fools. i strongly disagree with you and with the 3rd term motif.

I haven't said or implied that Nigeria has no capable person. What I've said in essence is that amongst the present aspirants, Isee no other person that is as capable as OBJ. When the right person appears, we will all know, and nobody can afterwards prevent us from taking the right steps then, except, perhaps God.
Orikinla, I'm not ignorant, I'm very imformed concerning what issue is at hand before I contribute. You're right there in Nigeria, so you have no Idea what the image of the country means to those that leave outside. You do not know how proud I felt down here, when it was on news all over Africa that 9ja is the first African country to settle her debts, after seasons wey dem dey look us as if we be criminals. It's this man that made this possible. So I know exactly what I'm saying.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Odeku(m): 2:54pm On May 10, 2006
I Like OBJ and truthfully he did allot for Nigeria, but he was part of the problem in the beginning when he was head of state, he stole and came back and make amends, and now its time for him to just step aside and let somebody else lead Nigeria. I do not support the 3rd term agenda, its crazy and bureaucratic.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by twinstaiye(m): 2:59pm On May 10, 2006
OlaAjia, the same thing I am saying too. It is not about whether OBJ would want a third term, it is about who to succeed him. Those who will be capable to succeed him, they will never allow them to get there. It is not about the constitution being amended, it is about Nigeria being better than what it was before. It is not about the democracy of the west, it is about Nigeria masses being better off in whatever democracy we practised. It is not about OBJ staying there for ever, it is about who will continue the good works. It is not even about our constitution, it is about silencing those who want to loot our treasury again. Above all it is all about the Masses having hope on this nation called Nigeria, it is about our children future for them to have a country we will call our own. OBJ has never been found wanting on moving Nigeria forward, so let him continue to rule us until there is a capable hand or until he die. Those who are ranting, they are not doing that for Nigeria to be better, but for OBJ to leave the mantle of leadership for them so that they can have the chance to loot the country treasury or have someone close to them there so that they can also occupy some position of authority. Baba mean well for Nigeria.
Odeku, you want another person to steal our money again and come back and amend abi? This one has been there, he has repented, let him continue to block those whom he knew would want to steal our money. Has anyone come up with the fact that he is enriching himself? No, is the answer. Then let him die for us.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by twinstaiye(m): 3:03pm On May 10, 2006
Can any of you anti-third term supporter suggest those whom you think can succeed OBJ and continue his good works, or you dont mind who succeed him and thereby damning the consequences of wherever Nigeria is again amongst the comity of nations?
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Odeku(m): 3:11pm On May 10, 2006
to think about it there is no credible candidate out there now but i am sure OBJ is a wise man and he has the interest of Nigeria at heart and he will hand over to someone who will deliver us from evil.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Orikinla(m): 3:26pm On May 10, 2006
Whose debts my brother?

My brother, if you really know the truth, you are going to go on a serial killing spree from Abuja to Minna to Adamawa to Abeokuta!
(Please, note the places mentioned)

How did we owe the Paris Club and who borrowed the money?
And what was the money used for?

Why did you and thousands of others spend sleepless nights at the US Embassy and British High Commission on Victoria Island and fled the country as if you were on the run from some black demons on rampage in Nigeria?
WHY HAVE YOU NOT RETURNED?

The Whiteman has just fooled us and is busy laughing at us and you are here talking about how Baba Iyabo made us proud by paying all our debts?

Will Obasanjo and Odili account for the innocent lives of all the pupils of the Loyola Jesuit College, Pastor Bimbo Odukoya and hundreds of others killed in the Sosoliso Airlines Flight 1145 air disaster?
Have you toured Nigeria to see the evils and ruins in Nigeria?
Why not listen to Femi Kuti?

IBB must account for the death of Dele Giwa and OBJ must account for the death of Bola Ige.

Until then, there is no rest for the wicked.

Once upon a time, the erudite scholar and successful corporate chairman Gamaliel Onosode wanted to become the President of Nigeria, but the criminals in power frustrated him and the ignorant masses of Nigerians sold their souls to the agents of the devil and are now reaping what they sowed.
The wages of sin is,

Nigerians must repent of perish!
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Orikinla(m): 3:30pm On May 10, 2006
Once upon a time, the erudite scholar and successful corporate chairman Gamaliel Onosode wanted to become the President of Nigeria, but the criminals in power frustrated him and the ignorant masses of Nigerians sold their souls to the agents of the devil and are now reaping what they sowed.
The wages of sin is,

Nigerians must repent or perish!
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Odeku(m): 3:33pm On May 10, 2006
IBB took the loan from paris club and IMF loan, there is hope we just need a good leader
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Roscodaddy(m): 3:43pm On May 10, 2006
Obj is surely a mad man for thinking of such a thing as third term,I am also suprised at the behaviour of the southerners in the National Assembly,imagine the northerners know and see the truth,the southernersjust because of 50 million they are selling their souls and lives,I was watching the live debate of the constiitutional amendments,I just had to bow my head in shame to see my feloow brothers from the south behaving like fools and idiots,God bless the North,Obj has done nothing,is it the GSM,BANK REFORMS AND DEBT RELIEFS,is the money his personal money,We started going to the Paris club when Obj took over power,it is not fair to say that out of 150 million people there is no one that can take over,that is an insult to everyone in this country,Obj please go and rest,Clition was one of the best presidents of America and he left a lot of money,why did he not stay.

Pls Obj respect your old age and go away.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Odeku(m): 3:50pm On May 10, 2006
there is constitution in American and there is bribery in Nigeria, Obj did well for Nigeria but he must leave in peace.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Orikinla(m): 4:03pm On May 10, 2006
We must put out this Third Term fire before it spreads.

Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by lawole: 5:19pm On May 10, 2006
Third term my foot ! ! !. For once i feel proud to be a Nigerian, because the way the debate over TTA is going both in the Senate and the House of Rep. i have a deep gut feeling that it will never come to past. My kudos to all the Senators and Reps. that have the gut to face Obj and tell him to shove it.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Odeku(m): 8:12pm On May 10, 2006
Point of correction, who initiated this 3rd term agenda in the 1st place? its got to be the senators and governors, did baba actually went to the house of rep and assemble and propose?
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Ashiwaju(m): 10:03pm On May 10, 2006
I am so sorry for those who believe in these third term stuff. its pointless discussing it. those crazy bastards have nothing to offer this country.

@OlaAjia n twinstaiye,

I really can see that you guys are far from the truth and you just dont understand what is really going on here, who's talking hammani? abi where did you guys got your info of -9b$ foreign reserve from, make clear opinion and reasonable points and dont mislead others for your ignorance

IGNORANCE killlllllllls as Orinkinla Talk
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by debosky(m): 12:09am On May 11, 2006
Odeku:

Point of correction, who initiated this 3rd term agenda in the 1st place? its got to be the senators and governors, did baba actually went to the house of rep and assemble and propose?
Odeku OBJ himself was the one who started this crap in Germany in 2004 saying some 'people' wanted him to stay on. Mantu is OBJ's man, he takes his orders from Obj, so don't be fooled. OBJ is letting others do his dirty work so that in the case it fails he can still come out looking clean since he nevr said anything. It has been so obvious that they wanted to change the constitution for 'Baba' (whose baba sef apart from iyabo, gbenga and co?) when that i'll-sell-my-soul-for-you boot-licker called Femi Fani-Kayode said 'they'll always respect the constitution' of course tehy'll respect it, after they change it to suit their selfish ambitions. OBJ is NOT the best we can have. If he's such a good leader as OlaAija says then he should come up with a successor, if not THEN HE HAS FAILED AS A LEADER. You're counting foreign reserves, before obj came in it was $9 per barrel now its over $70, it that a result of OBJ's work? please stop counting imaginary achievements, the guy has tred but ITS TIME TO GO
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Danmasani(m): 12:22am On May 11, 2006
Who knows, if we allow Obasanjo to become King, the next thing before anyone knows is that we'll have his daughter as "queen"

All hail King OBJ and Queen Iyabo. Nigeria is "monarcharnizing" with dem Prince Gbenga et al getting ready after papa dies.

we dey kampe!
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Ashiwaju(m): 12:51am On May 11, 2006
they' ll all rot in hell, hail them my ass, my foot, my
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by stanech: 10:54am On May 11, 2006
The Devil you know is better then the angel u dont know
To me Obasanjo is the best thing that has happened to this country, look at his policies and programes u know he is not just talking he has tried for this country, come to think of it all these other people that are longing to be there all have in the past done great harm to this country so we should leave baba to continue his policies and programes. I will be the first to vote for him if he suceeds
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by lawole: 2:26pm On May 11, 2006
All this talk of Obj is the only person that can lead Nigeria. Pls dont let us forget that Obj is a school certificate failure. He did not pass his secondary school final exam that is why he ended up in the Army.
Now he want everyone to believe he is the greatest and smartest person in Nigeria
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by shinkafi(m): 2:58pm On May 11, 2006
3rd term is about stealing and looting our money. Vote against it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by twinstaiye(m): 4:47pm On May 11, 2006
3rd term is about Nigeria masses, it is a hope for our children, it is the hope for oncoming generations so that they can have a country they will call theirs. Dont support those politicians, they don't meant well for this country, they are only selfish.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Danmasani(m): 5:11pm On May 11, 2006
twinstaiye:

3rd term is about Nigeria masses, it is a hope for our children, it is the hope for oncoming generations so that they can have a country they will call theirs. Dont support those politicians, they don't meant well for this country, they are only selfish.

You are a joker."Thrid term is for the masses"? what 'Masses"? the ones in aso-rock and asokoro or the ones in Ajegunle, Nyanya and Oshodi? Let me tell you something, 50million naira was shared to hundreds of 419 legislators to vote for 3rd term, money that wil have been used to improve the fortunes of the masses. Imagine what 50 million could do, it will give lots of "true masses" jobs, educate poor kids for life, put thousands of akaras and moi-moi on people's tables (People will even get to drink coke and fanta from time to time).Well see what 50million naira can do thousands of masses but was given to each "masses" on friday despite the millions "masses" have stolen from the country and have appropriated to themselves-furniture allowance, doctor allowance, car insurance, gardener/gateman/nanny insurance, flight insurance.

See open your eyes, we are not fools. if u cannot think, then we'll do it for you. what masses? If Obasanjo cared about the masses, he will distribute that 50million given to each numbskull to means that will improve the average Nigerian. However, since he wants to be king and ruler over all, he wants to play us like fools. Well, my friend, wise people are also citizens of Nigeria.

NO TO THIRD TERM ---simple. anyone supporting it simply has no sense of foresight and deserves a zoo!
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Rottweiler(m): 5:28pm On May 11, 2006
No to third term! May the holy ghost fire consume third term and its proponents!
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Lasun(m): 6:36pm On May 11, 2006
Let us assume OBJ has done well,is that a basis for him to move the goal post?he thinks he is clever by not talking about TTA and getting political jobbers like mantu to do his bid.
I am seriously pained,OBJ should look at countries like Ghana and South Africa who have transited from one govt. to another,he should learn from Mbeki who has resisted the temptaion of another term,this are some of the qualities of statemanship;build and enduring legacy fro which you will be remembered by.
As for those who can lead us in this country,I can give you a good number of them from different part of the country that are ably qualified,Emeka Ayanoku from the South,Abubakar Dangiwa Umar from the North,Chris Okotie of the fresh fame,Pat Utomi of LBS,I can go on and on.
In any case what happens if OBJ drops dead today?it is a possibility,when Abacha worried us we cried to God and he intervened,now OBJ wants to play god and Nigerians shall once again cry unto to GOD,I urge you to sincerely pray to GOd to take charge of our affairs.May God help us in this country.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Orikinla(m): 7:53pm On May 11, 2006
How I wish millions of Nigerians are reading your posts.

Majority of Hausas don't read Non-Hausa newspapers and they don't even know what is the Internet.
The majority of Nigerian voters cannot afford newspapers and have no access to the Internet.

The largest circulating newspaper in Nigeria does not even sell up to 300,000 copies in a country of over 135 million people.

There are over 20 million literate Nigerians.
Only about 3 million are online. And most of them are Internet Scammers.
Only about 1 million read newspapers.
About 10 million watch TV programmes.
The rest are at the mercy of the minority in power.

The tragedy is those who will suffer the grave consequences of the Third Term Agenda are powerless and are like dogs waiting on the orders of their masters from the local government workers to the employees in the private sector.

The employers dictate to the electorate. And all the employers are govenment contractors. And they are at the mercy of the ruling government.
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Danmasani(m): 2:41am On May 12, 2006
@ Orkinla

Irrespective of the hausa's not getting National papers or internet,majority of them listen to the BBC Hausa service and have got up-to date info on every political moves in Nigeria. Trust me, they are more vibrant than any side in knowing what is going on!
Re: Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> by Orikinla(m): 8:51am On May 12, 2006
You are right.

That is why you see most of them armed with their transistor radios everywhere.
But, they are like the herd of cattle at the command of their masters who want to continue to rule over them under the guise of their Islamic religion.

My point is that our discussions here will have little or no affect on the majority of the Nigerians offline.

We are only talking to ourselves.
Internet intellectuals. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"APC Has Tried In Improving Security Situation In Nigeria" – Buhari / Shehu Shagari: PDP Slams Buhari, Osinbajo Over Absence At Ex-president’s Burial / Osinbajo Presides Over Niger Delta Meeting In Abuja (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.