Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Igbo Language Is Poetry – Chimamanda Adichie Gushes - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Language Is Poetry – Chimamanda Adichie Gushes (640 Views)

What Language Is Spoken Often In Your Family? / Igbo Priest Teaching Americans How To Sing In Igbo Language / Europeans And Asians Learning Igbo Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Language Is Poetry – Chimamanda Adichie Gushes by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 27, 2019
"Igbo is the language of emotions, humor, and laughter. Igbo is the enduring link to my past, it is the language in which my great-grandmothers sang.

"Sometimes when I hear the old people speak Igbo in my hometown, Aba I find myself wishing that my own Igbo were not so Anglicized.

"I am full of admiration of the complexity of their language and the proverbs that they used and I am in awe of the culture that produced this poetry because that is what the Igbo language is when it is spoken well – it is poetry."

– From Chimamanda Adichie’s speech at the Face of Okija thought leadership and beauty pageant in Anambra State, Igbo Land (Ala Igbo).

Chimamanda Adichie has painted the Igbo language like a violet, with beautiful colours that shine with luster and truth. Deme Nwa Ada Igbo.

Source: http://www.igbodefender.com/2019/01/27/igbo-language-is-poetry-chimamanda-adichie-gushes/

1 Like

Re: Igbo Language Is Poetry – Chimamanda Adichie Gushes by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 27, 2019
She spoke the truth. Igbo language is filled with poetical dramatizations.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Language Is Poetry – Chimamanda Adichie Gushes by Kellibae(f): 7:22pm On Jan 27, 2019
undecided
Re: Igbo Language Is Poetry – Chimamanda Adichie Gushes by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 27, 2019
Of course it is, Igbo is also very sweet when used in worship or praise songs.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Language Is Poetry – Chimamanda Adichie Gushes by Nobody: 6:37am On Jan 29, 2019
Cc Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Is It Truly Important To Know Your Mother Tongue? / Is It True That 200 Ghanaian Cedis Is Equal To 13 000 Naira / Nollywood Has A Role To Play In Reshaping The Narrative;:::::::::::

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.