Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President (45035 Views)

PDP: Plans To Bring Saraki As Chairman Suffer Setback / Reps Suspend Buhari’s $22.79bn Loan Consideration Indefinitely / Crowd Welcomes Bukola Saraki As He Arrives In Nasarawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by AlexReports(m): 7:50pm On Jan 27, 2019
ONNOGHEN: Senate Should Suspend Buhari and Declare Saraki As Acting President; says Lagos Lawyer; Gives Reason Why It’s Legal

Reacting to the removal of Justice Onoghen as CJN by President Buhari, Lagos-based Lawyer, David Agu Esq., in a humorous, but interesting, post on Facebook, has urged the Nigerian Senate to save Nigeria’s democracy by suspending President Buhari and his Vice, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo from the office of President and Vice President of Nigeria when they reconvene on Tuesday, January 29. Read his articulated humor below:

“There's something called anarchical approach to restoration of order (don't ask me who propounded that theory. I'm still looking for the person sef).

That is to say, most times, it takes a measure of madness to cure a mad man. Take Psychiatric doctors for example. Oh, you think they're normal?

Just like I had advised the other day, Senate has announced an emergency reconvening on Tuesday. And here's what I propose as a grand plan to appease the majority of the Nigerian masses at this time of anger: NBA should get to any Federal High Court first thing on Monday morning with a motion exparte, praying the court for an order directing the Senate to do all that is necessary to SUSPEND the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and his Vice, pending the restoration of the nascent Nigerian democracy to it's pre-2015 status quo.

The Senate should then, upon reconvening on Tuesday, move, as a matter of national emergency, to implement the order of the court, and forthwith suspend the President and his Vice, and proceed to swear in the Senate President as Acting Nigerian President.

Note that this does not amount to a breach of the Constitution. No Nigerian law provides for the suspension of the President, but it is trite law that the court can make law through their pronouncements, where loophole exists.

It's suspend they'll suspend him...not removal. Haba! Please, if we want to be mad in this country, let's be adequately mad. Let's go the full length. I don't like half-measures”

http://www.finishwork.com.ng/2019/01/onnoghen-senate-should-suspend-buhari.html?m=1

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by madridguy(m): 7:52pm On Jan 27, 2019
Mtchew

119 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by DrGoodman: 7:52pm On Jan 27, 2019
On the 16th of FAILBUHARI, His Excellency Alhaji Atiku Olusegun Chimaobim Nosa Tamuno Inalegu Abubakar will be congratulated as the Incoming President of Nigeria by Donald Trump and other world leaders.

165 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by rusher14: 7:54pm On Jan 27, 2019
Tramadol withdrawal.

grin

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by landmark86: 7:55pm On Jan 27, 2019
If you no the Lawyer is high on Oshogbo weeds can I see ur hands up

353 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by khingTony(m): 7:55pm On Jan 27, 2019
DrGoodman:
On the 16th of FAILBUHARI, His Excellency Alhaji Atiku Olusegun Chimaobim Nosa Tamuno Inalegu Abubakar will be congratulated as the Incoming President of Nigeria by Donald Trump and other world leaders.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by DVoices: 7:57pm On Jan 27, 2019
?
Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by mynd1(f): 8:04pm On Jan 27, 2019
Hahahahaha, only if wishes were horses.

Nonsense set of corrupt pple

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by Asshurbanipall: 8:05pm On Jan 27, 2019
This is a welcome development. The dullllard must be pushed out. Nonsense cheesy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by ORIENTATION101: 8:06pm On Jan 27, 2019
Charge and Bail lawyer looking for cheap popularity

205 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by mynd1(f): 8:06pm On Jan 27, 2019
This one is on codeine diet.

82 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by RealityShot: 8:21pm On Jan 27, 2019
CITIZENS OF NIGERIA!

you have been saying Buhari is NOT fighting corruption.

now he actually punished ONE corrupt person (CJN); WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING?

PERSECUTING HIM, REALLY?

VOTE BUHARI for continuity

114 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by XTHRONE(m): 8:27pm On Jan 27, 2019
Yes, I just wish this will happen. In a sane society, this is how it should have been done, if the president does any how the national assembly will bring him to his senses. I tell you , Buhari is unfit. If Osibanjo where to be the APC flag bearer, Atiku will not get a single vote, since it is the lifeless one, Every right thinking Nigerians should resist his satanic change and brutal agenda. no more lies. Vote wisely.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by discusant: 8:27pm On Jan 27, 2019
Leaders of the Executive, Legislative and Judicial Arms of a government:
None can suspend the other unilaterally without involvement of the other two.
President Buhari has acted like Hitler
The Senate, Judiciary and the world must hit Buhari like they hit Hitler

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by AntiWailer: 8:28pm On Jan 27, 2019
grin

Ode

Weed is bad.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by TheAngry1: 8:28pm On Jan 27, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I love Nigeria! Everyday na comedy! Even Saraki is laughing right now grin grin grin grin

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by freemanbubble: 8:28pm On Jan 27, 2019
Okay
Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by celebgistz: 8:28pm On Jan 27, 2019
Hmm
Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by MobilityExpress: 8:29pm On Jan 27, 2019
It's like this guy studied law at Hallucination University grin

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by DeRuggedProf: 8:29pm On Jan 27, 2019
ff
Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by nelronaldo(m): 8:29pm On Jan 27, 2019
Full madness... lol

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by Devondt(m): 8:29pm On Jan 27, 2019
Las las,this country haf do me,i want to return back to my village.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by Bossontop(m): 8:29pm On Jan 27, 2019
If you agree with the man about suspending buhari raise ur hands

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 27, 2019
grin

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by SEONaijaExpert: 8:29pm On Jan 27, 2019
This lawyer is another reason President Buhari wants sane minds in the judiciary hierarchy.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by biolaowo(m): 8:29pm On Jan 27, 2019
Lol did they impeach Jonathan

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President by Omeokachie: 8:29pm On Jan 27, 2019
Since we are in the era of illegality, let's go full circle.

10 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari: Things Getting Out Of Hand / Akpabio: I Was Called Killer Herdsman By Men Of God After I Dumped PDP For APC / Pictures From APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.