Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg (44315 Views)

Onnoghen’s Lawyer Confirms Ex-cjn’s Resignation, Reveals Why He Took Decision / Walter Onnoghen, Ex-CJN Standing In The Dock (Photos) / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by Maket: 9:41pm On Jan 27, 2019
Hmm. The Father has spoken.
We heard you sir.

Pls, read before you comment.........poor capture.
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by KIDfurniture(m): 9:41pm On Jan 27, 2019
Tinubu is still parading himself like a messiah...
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by cheaperstores: 9:41pm On Jan 27, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
If ex cjn doesnt have skeleton in his cupboard , he wont hurridely want to swear in Tribunal judges and constitue presidential election judges.
He wont postpone NJC meetings indefinitely.
He wont be runing from one court to another to escape justice just like a typical nigerian politician

Less than 20 days to election you still call setting up election tribunal " hurriedly want to swear in tribunal judges"

Abeg!!

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by martineverest(m): 9:42pm On Jan 27, 2019
KIDfurniture:
He is fighting corrupting with one eyes closed ..the other to see clearly sha...

lol
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by briefness: 9:42pm On Jan 27, 2019
We are gradually inching towards the root cause of this saga. NJC would have resisted the indefinite postponement and taken a guided decision. after the postponement, Nigerians would have asked questions and put the judiciary under pressure to take appropriate action against their own. How is it that a senior judicial officer declare far less than what he has, admitted that he forgot to declare, NJC did not bother to convene an emergency meeting to take appropriate action and still expect the institution to be respected? The judicial officers must ensure the uphold the principle of Lady Justice (the symbol of Law) even when dealing with one of their own. This is the only way they can build integrity.

There is no other place to take corrupt or accused judicial officers to except the court which will be presided over by colleagues. They must maintain equity fairness and justice.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by KIDfurniture(m): 9:43pm On Jan 27, 2019
Many of them out there , now under APC

Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by fredoooooo: 9:45pm On Jan 27, 2019
Anybody wey no like am can go and kill himself , baba don talk ..
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by albaniy1: 9:48pm On Jan 27, 2019
naijapips04:

let me try this one more time..

what is the title of the punch article?

SINCE YOUR DR HAS RECOMEND MEDICATED GLASS FOR U Y DONT U USE IT
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by CaptainFM1: 9:48pm On Jan 27, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
If ex cjn doesnt have skeleton in his cupboard , he wont hurridely want to swear in Tribunal judges and constitue presidential election judges.
He wont be runing from one court to another to escape justice just like a typical nigerian politician

You may be right...,but that's one side of the story. In any case, we have lost it in this country.
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by Larryndelaw: 9:48pm On Jan 27, 2019
naijapips04:

let me try this one more time..

what is the title of the punch article?
Hey is it only title you read. You dont read the full article. I pity your life. That is why you rush to judgement. Half baked education is a disease kiss
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by CaptainFM1: 9:48pm On Jan 27, 2019
ORIENTATION101:

You may be right...,but that's one side if the story. In any case, we have lost it in this country.
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by martineverest(m): 9:48pm On Jan 27, 2019
Quality20:
I honestly don't expect anybody to rise to d defence of d ex cjn. How can laymen be trying to defend a judge who should supposedly be more learned and knowledgeable of d law than other lawyers,judges and laymen?
it baffles me bro...the man even said he forgot and made mistakes in declaring his assets....a whole chief justice of the federation..

Nigerians lack professionalism..
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by Abeyjide: 9:48pm On Jan 27, 2019
May God bless falana. I watched him live and was dazed the way he analysed the issue on CJN. He said both parties are at fault and needs to be reviewed and since onoghen admitted the allegation, he needs to resigned and executive to needs reversed it.
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by InvertedHammer: 9:52pm On Jan 27, 2019
/
If only education in Nigeria is real education other than for titles acquisition for ego massage.

Even a first year Law student knows that once under criminal investigation, the best thing the suspect must do is to remain mute. Every statement must be issued by his/ her lawyer. I wanted to know what Law school the ex CJN attended, but then I remembered that he is a Nigerian. Take a Nigerian to Havard, when push comes to shove, his Nigerianness and mediocrity will betray him. Onnoghen said that he forgot to declare his assets. LOL. Of course it is a witch Hunt. But he loaded and handed the guns to his hunters.

I think the Presidency should stop addressing the issue. No matter what, Nigerians can only blow smokes and ain't going to do sh1t. Might as well ignore them.

/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by ORIENTATION101: 9:52pm On Jan 27, 2019
CaptainFM1:

You may be right...,but that's one side if the story. In any case, we have lost it in this country.
which other side of story did you know
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by Wolexyoshi(m): 9:52pm On Jan 27, 2019
azraeljaheel:

If I use the hunger wey dey catch me swear for you now with this your mumu post wey you post nobody under heaven or inside hell go fit lift am angry

I see skulls no brains � angry

Mr., Seems someone don swear for you first thats why hungry dey catch you. I pray all your problems will be solved soon. People like the CJN are the cause of your hunger in this Nation. Vote Buhari for more corruption fighting.

PMB 2023 is a goal.

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by capitalzero: 9:52pm On Jan 27, 2019
Onnogen is not smart. presidency outsmarted him. he is now history. he will be reinstated but he will still be retired compulsory. tanko may be renoved as cjn tomorrow and njc will recommend another judge as cjn. in fairness, both tanko and onnogen will be sacrified for peace to reign

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by naijapips04: 9:52pm On Jan 27, 2019
Larryndelaw:

Hey is it only title you read. You dont read the full article. I pity your life. That is why you rush to judgement. Half baked education is a disease kiss

grin see this zombies trying so shameless to twist an innocent article and they are not even smart.

so you left the main point of the article....which is that the judgement Buhari relied on is even fake.....to start bringing out what's not even stated in the article.

shows how criminal you and your mate is.
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by Biodun556(m): 9:52pm On Jan 27, 2019
SalamRushdie:
Falana doesn't know what he is saying , there is no where in the constitution that says when the CJN postpones NJC Buhari should develop imaginary powers

Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by akdjr(m): 9:54pm On Jan 27, 2019
Law matter get as e de be. Person thieve lawyer go defend am say him no thieve another lawyer go argue say na thieve. E b like say we go need to revive our Shungo, Amadihoha and the rest make we de settle case like this as in the days of our forefathers them.
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by gaby(m): 9:55pm On Jan 27, 2019
albaniy1:

I DOFF MY HAT

Respect back man...

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by Kusetic(m): 9:55pm On Jan 27, 2019
Staro:
Shebi this same story was put on the homepage yesterday.

https://www.nairaland.com/4984592/femi-falana-reacts-cjn-onnoghen

Today, our APC-zombiefied mods simply reframed the title
and still take it to homepage again

Falana just said this on a channels program, Sunday politics with Seun okinbaloye, not quite 30 minutes ago.
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by CaptainFM1: 9:56pm On Jan 27, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
which other side of story did you know

None. But I know there's always two sides to every story. The only thing I know for certain is that "we have lost it in this country".
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 27, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by shakmati(m): 9:58pm On Jan 27, 2019
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by chocolatelady(f): 10:00pm On Jan 27, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
And that was what annoyed the president most. Instead of stepping aside, he hired 90 SANS and chopping from one court to another just like a typical Nigerian politician that will always do to evade justice. His tactics really put a question mark on him couple with the fact that he postponded the judicial meeting indefinitely. Haba, blame Onnoghen and not PMB. The man really shot himself at the leg and played into Buhari' hand who wasted no time in kicking him out bearing in mind that he said that the judiciary are his major headache in the fight against corruption.

3 Likes

Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by Iyajison: 10:08pm On Jan 27, 2019
In his advice to FG, he opine dat d suspended CJN be called be while he steps aside and due process be followed... In democracy, rule of law must be followed... Dat z my cry..
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by Princedapace(m): 10:10pm On Jan 27, 2019
gaby:
All this talk here talk there with contradictory opinions from same people on the same subject matter is so laughable and tiring.

Like most things Nigeria, this will soon go the way of past impunities and take the form of a precedence.

I keep telling whoever cares to listen that the biblical or koranic God must love Nigeria so much to have bestowed on our nation a constitution like one of the aforementioned books with which you can do and undo and justify the most un-justifiables.

Until that piece of crap called a constitution is done away with or truly redrawn into a real constitution, we'll keep going in circles.

My brother, naija is a cursed country.. Me Don tire. Governors act anyhow, any president that comes, act anyhow. Poeple giving birth anyhow in a section of the country to increase chances of winning election. See eh, I will be the happiest person if colonialism can start again. As for now my prayer is to leave naija. I hope it works this time for me Jareee. This place na cursed territory.
Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by Chitumu: 10:15pm On Jan 27, 2019
InvertedHammer:
/
If only education in Nigeria is real education other than for titles acquisition for ego massage.

Even a first year Law student knows that once under criminal investigation, the best thing the suspect must do is to remain mute. Every statement must be issued by his/ her lawyer. I wanted to know what Law school the ex CJN attended, but then I remembered that he is a Nigerian. Take a Nigerian to Havard, when push comes to shove, his Nigerianness and mediocrity will betray him. Onnoghen said that he forgot to declare his assets. LOL. Of course it is a witch Hunt. But he loaded and handed the guns to his hunters.

I think the Presidency should stop addressing the issue. No matter what, Nigerians can only blow smokes and ain't going to do sh1t. Might as well ignore them.

/
I am impressed by your level of knowledge and humour. thank u.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 27, 2019
modath:

Did unlicenced BDC Onnoghen postpone NJC meeting indefinitely or not?

Did he not go from court to court shopping for judgement?

And lastly, did he "forget" or not ?

Anyway, the problem is getting bigger cos the third party depositors of the cash (most he paid himelf but some were paid by lipsrsealed) is being traced, Dubai strategy already don hit rock.... PDP is already in panic, wondering who the mole in their camp is.. smiley

The mole is my leader Chief Akpabio CON because all secrets of PDP rests with him.

I make bold to say so now because there is absolutely nothing PDP can do to him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Destroy N20million Rice Farm In Anambra - Photo / Jonathan Finally Joins APC? Here’s What We Know So Far - The Cable / 2 Men Caught Exhuming 16 Skulls At Cemetery In Oyo (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.