Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Presidency Replies EU, UK And US On CJN's Suspension (Full Statement) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Replies EU, UK And US On CJN's Suspension (Full Statement) (45280 Views)

Tinubu May Appoint Ahmed Raji As Attorney General On Cjn’s Recommendation, Group / Breaking: US Places Visa Ban On CJN Ariwoola, Justices Nweze, Dattijo, Others. / MURIC Reacts To NJC’s Decision On CJN, Onnoghen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Replies EU, UK And US On CJN's Suspension (Full Statement) by AreaFada2: 7:15am On Jan 28, 2019
Jesusloveyou:
nass make Law, judiciary interpret law
cct verify asset declaration according to the constitution,
njc does not verify asset.
can cjn investigate himself?
After CCT investigates what is the next step? The case should be tried. If guilty as charged the the next step follows. NJC must act. There is no argument about who investigates. Even EFFC can investigate CJN.

Now consider a sitting governor with immunity. EFCC can investigate and build a file but cannot charge him. No matter how weighty the file the president cannot remove him from office. But House of Assembly can.
We should not argue with emotion but with the laid down law and procedure.
If you think the law is inadequate there is a procedure to amend it.
Re: Presidency Replies EU, UK And US On CJN's Suspension (Full Statement) by Kenturkey048(m): 7:20am On Jan 28, 2019
GiantParrot:

I have great dislike for Buhari. But the writer of this statement has my unreserved respect. I am neither Yoruba nor Hausa/Fulani. I am a full-blooded South-South indigene. Onnoghen and the hopelessly corrupt souls who lend him their support can go to blazes for all I care. He has a case to answer in court. Men like him, if guilty, must be brought down for the rule of law to take root in this society.
by the end of February we will understand the tru motive behind all this drama...leave corruption..they are busy using corruption as the basis..we av unattended corrupt cases before the CJN's own...why is the president so quick in addressing this particular one,,replacing him and forming election tribunal the next day..we shouldn't look at this as a regional war or something,,what we are after is protecting our democracy,,if buhari goes with this.,someone else will do worst than this..

1 Like

Re: Presidency Replies EU, UK And US On CJN's Suspension (Full Statement) by Jesusloveyou: 7:42am On Jan 28, 2019
AreaFada2:

After CCT investigates what is the next step? The case should be tried. If guilty as charged the the next step follows. NJC must act. There is no argument about who investigates. Even EFFC can investigate CJN.

Now consider a sitting governor with immunity. EFCC can investigate and build a file but cannot charge him. No matter how weighty the file the president cannot remove him from office. But House of Assembly can.
We should not argue with emotion but with the laid down law and procedure.
If you think the law is inadequate there is a procedure to amend it.
cjn was playing hanky panky,
buhari wanted him to resign on his own, but the thief was wasting time like corrupt politicians,
using his Office to shield himself from investigation
Re: Presidency Replies EU, UK And US On CJN's Suspension (Full Statement) by anonymous1759(m): 7:48am On Jan 28, 2019
IbrahimDamola:

Shut up and stop deceiving your Yoruba Muslim skull. You've supported the dullard from day one. You will be both be defeated next month. If dem born you well, carry arms and defend buhari when UN and US invade Abuja to 'gbaagbo' him out the way he invaded Gambia few years ago.

Goat head I'm niether of the three major tribes... I'm not a biased mofo like you blinded Goat... Atiku has lost already no two ways about it. You can commit suicide if you want.
If Peter obi is Presidential candidate i would have voted for him but. Atiku is a thief no matter how you try to package him. Buhari is far better than Atiku.
Re: Presidency Replies EU, UK And US On CJN's Suspension (Full Statement) by Nature8(m): 7:56am On Jan 28, 2019
khingTony:
grin
Hahaha grin
Re: Presidency Replies EU, UK And US On CJN's Suspension (Full Statement) by truthisgood: 7:56am On Jan 28, 2019
Factfinder1:
Thrash

INTERNATIONAL PHYSICAL AND SPIRITUAL LIARS FROM BIRTH AND INCLINATION.
Re: Presidency Replies EU, UK And US On CJN's Suspension (Full Statement) by don4real18(m): 8:49am On Jan 28, 2019
naijapips04:
The Presidency must be very uninformed short of being stupid to hold that the CJN has no part in the election.

For Christ sake who is the final determinant In most election matters. we all know how many elections in Nigeria that has been won at the Supreme Court.

Meanwhile the Presidency is yet to issue a statement on ganduje babariga activities.
Read again.
Re: Presidency Replies EU, UK And US On CJN's Suspension (Full Statement) by adanny01(m): 8:57am On Jan 28, 2019
deji17:

So the intention of the constitution is that if a Judge kills a whole village and the NJC fails to recommend his prosecution, he will continue to sit as a judge and be dispensing justice against other lawbreakers? Are we mad?

---Emeka Nwokeocha

I agree with you 100%

Yes the president did wrong by the constitution, but I agree with the president because the judiciary was being dragged through the mud by Onnoghen.

Onnoghen had the perogative to choose how this matter ends, he chose wrongly and was obviously decieved by his advisers and the numerous corrupt SANs that lined up to defend him.

The best was for Onnoghen to either resign or ask the NJC for administrative leave till its over.
Re: Presidency Replies EU, UK And US On CJN's Suspension (Full Statement) by euchariadavid(f): 9:48am On Jan 28, 2019
hmmmm Nigerian
Re: Presidency Replies EU, UK And US On CJN's Suspension (Full Statement) by IJEYdiamond(f): 10:22am On Jan 28, 2019
Thinking of being an Entrepreneur, Business Consultant,independent Distributors and partners with Royale Global international Worldwide and you reside in Port Harcourt(Rivers State) Enugu, Anambra and the FCT

Call 09093609072
Re: Presidency Replies EU, UK And US On CJN's Suspension (Full Statement) by edupedia: 12:29pm On Jan 28, 2019
dhardy09:
Changes nothing as we are Voting out Tyranny next month

.....yes u have every right to dream and even take codeine in your sleep...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Supreme Court Warns Buhari: Stop! Using Public Funds To Defend Yourself In Court / Segun Adewale Allegedly Fires Shots Into APC Campaign Office / COVID-19: Fear Grips Osinbajo, Governors Over Bala Moham­med's Self-Isolation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.